I Know What I'm Doing Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AzanianHeat
AzanianHeat
565 Followers

Sam was confused, "What's that? I don't have anything of his with me. What's he looking for?"

"Not 'what', 'who'... So you might wanna get back in there."

"But I thought he was losing 'cause he doesn't know how to play chess..."

"Oh, he doesn't. Apparently this is only his third game. Ever. One he claims he'd be winning if his lucky charm were there."

"What absolute rubbish."

I grinned at Sam's self-conscious annoyance as Aiden tugged me into the back garden. Secretly, I crossed fingers for him to go back into that living room. Aiden pulled me towards the pool before I could give Sam and Justin much more thought. It was peaceful and warm outside. We sat on the edge of the pool, dangling our legs in the water.

"So..." I started tentatively. "I finally understand what you meant by 'marking your territory'."

"Look, I didn't get rough with him or anything," he rushed to explain. "I just made sure he understood that you're mine and happy; and that he'd respect that."

I looped an arm around his neck and pulled him towards me so my lips could reach his. "I know."

He recaptured my lips, deepening the light kiss till I wanted nothing more than to climb onto his lap and forget the rest of the world. His tongue coaxed my lips open, sensuously promising acts I wished he could fulfill there and then. I moaned when his fingertips lightly traced the waistband of my shorts.

"Aiden, wait," I clung to the glimmer of sensibility that suddenly struck.

"No."

"This is important."

"So is this," He kissed me again, hard. I opened up to him, gripping his shirt in two white-knuckled fists. After a few more minutes, I stopped caring about talking or who might see us. Aiden had a way of filling me from the inside out and making me forget anything else.

But what I had to share was important.

"I have been secretive, as you said earlier."

He stilled and I could feel him weighing up his options. I let out a relieved breath when he pulled back slightly; goodness knew how hopeless I was at focusing when he had his mind made up about making love.

I took his hand, "I've been busy with more than the production house proposal and the schools project."

He leaned back some more, seeming to sense something in my tone. "Busy with what?"

"Us," I announced. That was it; declaration made. I took the ringbox out of my pocket and held it up nervously. Once he recognised what it was, I handed it to him for fear of dropping it in the water. "I've been going crazy trying to find the perfect ring for you. I even flew to Cape Town on Wednesday and spent the entire day hunting for it while Dan covered for me."

"He told me you'd gone for a walk. The whole day," Aiden scowled.

"Oh. Clearly I'm going to have to leave him with an actual cover story next time I ask him to cover for me," I laughed. "Open it. I've waited so damn long for the right moment to give it to you, I don't know how to do this properly now that we're here."

Aiden lifted the lid and stared into the little box. He was so still, making me more and more anxious. I fidgeted beside him and still he continued to stare in silence.

Finally, I couldn't take it any longer, "You hate it."

"What is this stone?"

"It's a sapphire. A small one. Maybe too small? I know it's probably dorky to pick something like that for a man, but I fell in love with it the moment I first saw it. It reminded me of the deepest parts of the sea. And the sky. And you love the outdoors. I just wanted something that embodied your happiness... because that's all I ever want to strive for from now on."

"It's beautiful."

"The jeweller said sapphires get a soft, red glow within when you hold them under incandescent light. He showed it to me. It looked like a sunset. I was pretty much sold after that."

"You're amazing."

"I'm so glad you like it. I've been sweating this choice for the last three days."

"I love everything you do for us," he said. He handed the ring back to me, "You put it on."

"Wait, there's one more thing I need to show you first." I lifted the platinum band out of the velvet and held it up to his gaze, "I also had a date inscribed... inside the band. It might be little presumptuous of me, but it felt right. I hope you-"

His head tilted as he raised an eyebrow at the date I'd chosen, "But this day hasn't happened yet. It's in September. You inscribed a date six months into the future?"

I nodded, "I was hoping that could be our wedding date. I should've discussed this with you, I know, but it felt so right when I picked it. So I just went with it. Call it a moment guided by love..."

"Put it on me."

I did as he asked. The next moment his lips were on mine again.

Aiden had a way of kissing me that made me feel like who I was and all I did would always be enough. He opened up completely and let me explore his heart, let me see how I filled him. Love. It rose from the water and swirled around us in the sunshine – I could feel it. I held him close and parted my lips.

Our guests inside the house were long-forgotten. The party could wait. I had the taste of my love on my tongue and his ring on my finger. I had the fire in his eyes to tell me he'd be whispering my name for countless nights to come. We were in the middle of a celebration of our own; a ball, a feast. A worshipping of joy. A banquet of fulfillment.

And it was only just beginning.

********END. Dedicated to RD, with love and admiration.********

~Author's Note~

~ Ethan does not understand Afrikaans and, therefore, will need some help understanding the poem Aiden shared with him. Fortunately for him, that poem is available in its entirety – in English. And, as it's one of my own works, he'll be able to find it in my poetry submissions. You can too, if you'd like.

~ I am no doctor. Nor do I have any medical background / knowledge. I fear such interests would cut into my writing time. So you can imagine for yourself how much thumb I sucked to come up with Aiden's medical ordeal. It's entertaining, I know, but please don't rely on any of it for accuracy.

~ I am not a cop. Nor am I a lawyer. I think you might see where I'm going with this, but I'll say it anyway: I made up all the shenanigans with Mark, Captain Anton Pretorius and all other law-related persons / incidents. I, therefore, have no idea how far from reality my shots in the dark are. Please don't yell at me for my more bizarre fabrications. I know I have a vivid imagination.

~Braai = barbeque

~ And, finally, the fun bit!

Thank you. To everyone who gifted my story with their time, thank you. This, my first shot at writing, has been a learning experience I will cherish forever. Enough to take another shot at it soon. If you took the time to read, comment, vote, criticise, encourage, speculate, rant, chat via email, make threats on Carolynn – or me for creating her, send some light and love, share yourself with me... I appreciate it all more than you'll ever know.

And I thank you.

Blessings,

AzanianHeat

AzanianHeat
AzanianHeat
565 Followers
1...345678