I Thought I Hated Him Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
firstkiss
firstkiss
3,010 Followers

He stood up abruptly, pulling me to my feet with him. "We're going to have a baby?"

I said nothing in response. Again, no words would come and besides, what could I say? When comprehension dawned on Daniel's face it was like the sun emerging from behind a cloud. His smile split his face and he picked me up, whirling me around until I was dizzy. His cry of joy could be heard down at the work site; heads turned. Mrs. Kendall's satisfied laughter travelled to us on the wind.

I couldn't stop crying, the tears coursed unchecked down my cheeks. Around me Daniel's arms were solid yet gentle as he leaned down to kiss me again.

"Thank you," he said. I couldn't read his expression or his tone.

I froze in Daniel's embrace. "For what? I didn't plan this, if that's what you're implying." I could feel my defences spring up and a little tickle of temper rise in the back of my throat. Daniel smiled down at me with reassurance.

"I know. Not for that, although that's well... amazing. I don't know. Thank you for not giving up on me. And for not hating me anymore."

"I never hated you," I said, my voice catching in my chest. On my finger Daniel's ring sparkled. "Not even for a moment."

"Thank God," Daniel whispered. His kiss began sweetly but ended with his usual fierce passion which made me cling weakly to him.

At the work site below us the monster flat-bed truck roared to life, interrupting our interlude. We turned our heads towards the sound and together we watched as the old house began to inch slowly towards its new foundation.

-------

[I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your unfailing support over the past few months. I've really come to love the home I've found here at Lit, and the friends I've made as well. It's been a pleasure to write for you all and I know I have many more stories to tell - I hope you'll stick around for the ride.

I don't know why, but Daniel and Clara are very dear to me, perhaps because their relationship hasn't been an easy one, for me or for them. Writing this story was a challenge -- I didn't intend for it to end this way, but my characters have a habit of taking over and making the story their own. It makes me smile to know that they finally have the happy ending they deserve.

A special thanks should go out to a number of people who've helped me grow as an author here -- my husband, of course, for being my real-life Daniel and for accepting what I write without question. Daniellekitten and L.E.N. for the writerly advice and encouragement. Diatikan for the short-term, much appreciated editing stint. And my darling readers for every email and vote - you made me believe I could do this. Thank you. ~firstkiss~]

firstkiss
firstkiss
3,010 Followers
12