I Thought We Were More Ch. 10

Story Info
Enter Heather, the most important new character of the book.
3.6k words
4.36
11.1k
2

Part 10 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/06/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Readers

Dr. Electrogasm here. Just wanted to thank everyone that has been reading my novel up until this point. If you have hung in there I want to let you know that your patience will not go unrewarded. The next two chapters are very important to this novel. The character of Heather is going to surprise you in a large plot twisting way. She is the girl Jacob meets in the library at the end of this chapter. Get ready for the story to careen off into a much different direction. Let me know what you think and please keep those comments rolling. I hope you continue to enjoy the story of "I Thought We Were More."

*****

Jacob reached his own apartment and unlocked the door. He stepped inside and stripped back down to nothing. He fell into his bed and slept the remainder of the Sunday away.

He awoke to his alarm clock going off and reached over and silenced it. He got dressed and gathered his school stuff. Campus was busy and he made his way towards the dining hall closest to his apartments.

He got a big plate of eggs and bacon and a glass of orange juice and sat down at a table. Just as he was about to take his first bite, Rose sat down at the place across from him.

"Clair?" She said the name in the form of a question.

"What about her?" Jacob asked.

"Taylor says she is messed up and won't come out of her apartment."

"So you know Clair too?"

"I know her through Taylor. The two of them hang out a lot. I don't like Taylor but when she is in the locker room all morning running her stupid mouth about how her friend won't leave her apartment, I tend to take notice."

"And what is the reason she won't leave her apartment?"

"Apparently you are the reason." Rose said looking straight into Jacob's eyes.

"I didn't do anything she didn't ask me to do."

"And if she asked you to jump off a bridge would you have done that too."

"Look you of all people have no business talking down to me for getting a little action. You are the one that had feelings for me but thought it was more than ok to let another girl go down on you."

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that the second I thought a guy was cute I had to suddenly save myself for him."

"Well maybe your feelings aren't that strong if that is how you wanted to behave?"

"Oh look who is talking. If you were going to be so pure for me OR Alex then why did you sleep with Taylor?"

Jacob turned his head in shame. Then a retort popped into his brain and he turned back to look at her with defiance.

"Because I had feelings for you and Alex. But Taylor told me the two of you were sleeping together so I thought it didn't really matter if I had feelings for you."

"I may like to have fun with girls every once and awhile Jacob Lifeson, but when I am in a relationship, I am loyal."

"Well good it sounds like I am innocent to your little code as well. So far none of us are in a relationship."

"Clair is in a relationship. You slept with her."

"I..." Jacob stopped. "I...don't know what to say about that. I don't know what to say about any of this anymore."

"Well, think about it for a while and see if you can figure it out because so far everyone you have come in contact with has left broken and hurt."

She got up and walked off. He didn't watch her leave. He just sat there staring at his plate. He stirred his eggs around for a little while and then got up and dumped his food in the trash.

Calculus was getting harder and harder the farther away the beginning of the school year got. Jacob found himself more motivated to pay attention in class. He didn't even notice when Clair walked into the room with only 15 minutes of class left. He had his head down in his book trying to read along with the professor as he went over the problems.

The professor dismissed the class and everyone got up and walked out. Jacob walked down the hallway and out into the commons area to sit under his favorite tree. He thought about what Rose had said. Was he really hurting everyone he came into contact with? Would they have been better off never having met him? He looked up to see this time it was Taylor that was walking towards him.

"Hey I heard this is where you like to hang out." She said sitting down in the grass under the tree in front of him.

"What is Clair telling everyone?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah I'm doing fine thanks for asking." She said quickly.

"Just answer me please." Jacob said allowing the impatience in his voice to be very obvious.

"She is telling them you picked her up at the club in the big city. She says you talked her into sleeping with you even though she swears she didn't want to do it at first. She says she even told you she had a boyfriend but in the end she says she did it to get you to go away. She isn't accusing you of rape. But she did say you were very persuasive and she just felt like she couldn't say no."

"So I didn't rape her but I did seduce her even though she told me she had a boyfriend?" Jacob said.

"Are you confirming her story?" Taylor asked.

"No, I am just repeating it out loud because I honestly can't believe someone can tell such a bold faced lie like that."

"Well then tell me what happened."

"Aren't you her friend? Does it even matter what I tell you? You're going to believe her over me."

"I may, I may not. You won't know until you tell me your side of it."

"She ran into me at the club. She said she wanted me to fuck her. After we slept together she said she and Matt weren't doing so good and she wanted to get back at him."

"But you did sleep with her?"

"Yes, I regret it now and I wish it hadn't happened."

"Yeah I believe her. Clair was a virgin. Virgins don't just throw themselves at a guy like that. The way she tells it, she had already told you her and Matt were together and you kept asking her anyway."

"Whatever." Jacob muttered. "I don't care if you believe me or not. I know what happened."

"Well I would watch out if I were you. The rest of the school is going to believe what they want and right now things don't look good for you."

She got up and walked away leaving Jacob sitting there contemplating what the worst parts of this situation were.

"Hmmmm, bright side, bright side. She isn't accusing me of raping her...and that's about it." Jacob said to himself.

He looked at his phone. Music theory class was coming up soon. He gathered his stuff and prepared to go to class.

As History class came to a close Jacob couldn't help but notice several people in the class had been looking back and glaring at him. The same went for his Music Theory Class. He wasn't sure how many people knew Clair and Taylor, but it appeared that word was getting around fast.

As he walked back to his apartment several girls he walked by turned their backs to him quickly so they wouldn't have to look at him. One girl even shouted out, "Hey god's gift, I guess we all should just open our legs for you?"

Jacob just ignored her but as he walked past her she spit on the ground in front of him. He didn't acknowledge it, he just kept on walking.

Just as he was reaching the final sidewalk that led off of campus and down the road to his apartment complex a girl from the Central University Tribune came running up.

"Hey you are Jacob Lifeson right?" she said holding up a note pad and a pencil.

"Seriously, something like this is going in the school newspaper?"

"Not the story of what happened between you and Clair, sir. I just wanted to have your opinion on Human Sexuality in the college student's life."

"And what is it you want to know?"

"I am trying to get perspectives from every kind of student. So far I have statements from the various Religious organizations, I have the Student athletes and the Dance teams and the pressures they face to be sexually active in order to be accepted, but I need a statement from a true sex addict. That seems to be all the talk in the professional news these days. If I could get a piece from a sex addict that is going to school right here at Central that would be amazing."

Jacob rolled his eyes. "That's fine but I'm not a sex addict."

"But Mr. Lifeson, I have gotten statements from nearly 20 girls saying you propositioned them for sex in the past 2 weeks. Then we have the story of Clair who was in a committed relationship, and was seduced by you just yesterday."

Jacob stopped walking. "You know... it doesn't even matter what the truth is does it? Apparently everyone already knows about me. The truth is I have never propositioned anyone for sex. But that isn't what this campus wants to hear. Just write in your little paper that I had no comment. Even if you got a statement from me saying I've never went looking for someone to have sex with no one would believe me."

"Are you sure that is what you want me to write?"

Jacob looked at her for the first time. She had short blonde hair and was slender. Her sharp face was very attractive and he was willing to bet she was a very popular girl at her high school. He was certain she was very successful here at Central as well.

"You are very handsome, if it's as easy as they say to get in your pants maybe we could go back to your place and talk about this further?"

"No, absolutely not." Jacob said turning around to walk away.

"What I'm not good enough for you?"

"No, I just want to show you that I do in fact have the ability to say no. If I were a sex addict like you say I am you would be in my bed in about 5 minutes. But I am not that man. I've...just had some bad luck is all."

"Fine then jerk, I just wanted to see what everyone is so worked up about. If you're that good in bed, like they say you are, I could certainly have used a little loosening up."

"Sorry I'm not your man. I gotta think about my reputation." Jacob said. He turned and walked the rest of the way to his apartment.

In his apartment Jacob once again found himself in the shower. The water hitting him between his shoulder blades as he sorted things out in his head.

To the campus he was a sex addict. Girls were slandering him on a regular basis but he was certain it was only people that knew Clair or Taylor. Their circle of friends was obviously quite large but they couldn't know everyone on campus. They could however as a group sway the opinion of the general student body, especially if they were getting the school newspaper involved.

He never wanted any of this. More than anything he just wanted one girl to date. He was far from a sex addict. And of course he needed to focus on his school work. He couldn't forget the real reason he was here at College.

He got out of the shower and put on shorts and a T shirt. He was heading to the gym. Nothing took his mind off of problems like a work out.

He focused on Arms and Back, and was working on a cable machine where you pulled a bar down behind your head when a girl he had never met before walked up in front of him.

She was wearing short workout shorts and an athletic top. Her long blonde ponytail went almost down to her butt. She was very athletic and it was clear she was on the dance team or something equivalent judging by the tone and power of her legs.

"I just want you to know, I don't think you did all those things." She said.

"And who do you think I am?" Jacob said letting the bar he was pulling on go back up to its resting position.

"You're that guy, Clair and Taylor are always talking about."

"Always talking about, it's only been one day."

"Yeah but they have been talking about you for weeks. Whatever you did to them, they just don't like you all that much."

"I didn't really do anything to them. It's just that the eyes of society can't possibly see a girl as being sexually malicious."

"I didn't really think the things they were saying could be all that true. And all those other girls, they probably did get screwed over by someone but it is just a lot easier to say it was you."

"What did Taylor say?" Jacob asked.

"She says she went over to your house to study, and all you could talk about was the two of you hooking up. She says you were cute so she went ahead but she wishes she hadn't done anything."

Jacob sighed. "That's about what I thought. She left out the part where I turned her down on actual intercourse until she jumped me while I was in the bathroom."

"Yeah, I don't know many people that will believe that one fellah. It's not really like a girl to force herself on a guy." The girl said.

"Yeah, I know. People are going to believe what they want."

As he walked back to his apartment Rose walked up next to him.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey." He said back.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you at breakfast this morning." She said looking down at the ground.

"I'm sorry too." Jacob said back.

"Things will get better."

"Yeah I guess so. Where are you headed?"

"I'm going to go sleep over at Alex's."

"It's been awhile for you huh?" Jacob said jokingly.

"Ha you jerk," She said laughing. "Maybe it has. I'm just a little more careful about things than you are. I can get my rocks off without getting half the school fired up about it."

"Yeah, I guess I need to go ahead and become a monk." Jacob said.

"Aww, don't worry, this will blow over before you know it. Then you can find you an FWB and just be more discreet about it."

They reached Alex's door and Rose knocked and then ducked inside when the door opened. Jacob didn't even see Alex. It was as if she opened the door and stood behind it to let Rose in.

Two weeks went by and things did in fact start to improve on campus. Jacob was so caught up in school work and trying to ignore everyone around him he didn't even realize he hadn't even jerked off since he and Clair had been together.

Sadly the first time in two weeks that he actually thought about sex and suddenly it was all he could think about. He was in the library on a Wednesday evening and he was sitting at one of the study tables with his history homework spread out in front of him.

He just happened to look up and see a girl with glasses and her long brown hair done up in a French braid. She was at the table across from him and she also had her homework and books spread out in front of her. She looked up and saw him looking at her and immediately looked back down at her homework.

She appeared not to be very athletic and it seemed as though she was just naturally slim. But she didn't look malnourished either. She was wearing a long sleeve button up collared shirt but the first 5 buttons or so were unclasped allowing just a slight bit of cleavage to peek out.

Jacob looked back down at his homework and began trying to concentrate again. He wrote out some more notes and then went back to look at his book but his eyes wandered upwards and he caught the girl looking at him this time.

She blushed and casually turned her head as if she was looking at the surroundings of the library. But as her eyes trailed away she stole one more glance at him before she went back to her own homework.

Jacob went back to writing notes. He had to finish the chapter he was on so that he could start on his business law homework which was the class he had first thing in the morning.

About 15 minutes went by and he was nearing the end of the chapter when he noticed the girl was gathering up her things. He felt a little disappointed. He could tell there was at least a little attraction going on between the two of them. She got all of her stuff packed up and walked right over to where he was.

"Aren't you the sex addict?" She asked.

"What?" Jacob said looking up at her as she was standing over him.

"Yeah, there is a page on the social network with your picture on it. It basically says all girls should watch out for you because all you want is sex."

"Does that make any sense to you?" Jacob said already getting annoyed. "There are probably a lot of guys on campus like that. Why are they focusing on me?"

"I guess you just got with the wrong girl. Clair, the one that authored the page is really good with websites and computers."

"That's not who I really am. I just made a few mistakes. Can you believe me?"

She bit her fingernail on her right hand and looked down at him. "I'm not really looking for anything like a relationship right now. And I believe in waiting till marriage so I don't want to hook up or anything. But maybe you would like to come pray about it over at the Catholic Student Ministries Building sometime."

"Uh, no that's ok." Jacob said. "I believe in God but I want to deal with this on my own."

She looked hurt. "Oh, um, ok." She said. "Sorry to bother you."

"No, no you're not bothering me." Jacob said.

She started to walk away but turned around and came back to him.

"So, uh, what does it feel like?" She asked.

Jacob looked up from his homework with a confused look on his face. "What does what feel like?"

"Well...you know, Sex." She said looking embarrassed. Her cheeks were red now.

"Uh...it's awful. Not even worth the trouble I gotta say. I would just steer clear of all that mess. Take it from me...the sex addict. It's a few minutes of sheer bliss followed by a ton of trouble and bad emotions. If I were you I would just take care of it on my own."

"I uh, I can't do that." She said "I am not supposed to. My mama caught me doing it when I was younger and I got in a lot of trouble."

"Well then go get married." Jacob said looking back down at his homework.

"Would you be willing to just..."

"No!" Jacob almost yelled it. He composed himself and looked up at her and smiled. "I'm not doing anymore sexual stuff to anyone. Not till I can get away from this awful place."

She backed away from him a couple steps. Tears were in her eyes now. "You didn't have to yell." She said softly.

Jacob stood up and walked over to her. He put his arms around her and hugged her. She put her head against his chest and cried into his armpit.

"I'm sorry. I feel like these things keep happening to me and every time I allow myself to get close to a girl she winds up getting hurt, so I just don't want it to happen again. You're a very sweet girl. More importantly you are a very innocent girl and I don't want to take anything away from you. Stay pure and untouched for the man you marry someday. It is probably better that way."

She looked up at him. "You're not like the guy described in that website. You're a better person than they say you are."

"Well, I hope you are right." Jacob said still holding her close. He could smell her hair from where she was nestled into him. She smelled like strawberry shampoo. He unclosed him arms from around her and took a few steps back. Then she turned and walked away.

He sat back down but as he did so something rustled in his pocket. He reached in and found a crumpled up piece of paper. On it was the girl's phone number. He looked at it for a second and then plopped back down on his chair in front of his homework. He had a lot of work to do.

"No matter how hard I try and stay out of trouble, it seems to keep chasing after me." He sighed to himself.