I Will Love You Forever Pt. 2 Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Andrew knew exactly what weekend it was. He had been at Alcatraz for months now and he thought that he had come to grips with the fact that his life was over. He still woke dreaming of his mother's home cooked meals. It no longer worked to pretend that the food that he ate was made by her. The morning of graduation, he woke up with a different dream. He was on stage getting ready to accept his diploma. He was smiling at the audience and waved at his mom and dad. He could see how proud they were of him. Kenji Takeda was there too, but things between them had been different. They stayed away from each other.

Andrew woke up with a wet face. His dream was about what could have been and what should have been. He began to sob when it finally sunk in that he would never see the looks of pride on his parent's faces except in his dreams. He got up from the cot, got dressed for the day and stood in front of his cell waiting for the door to open. For the first time since his arrival, he began to think about whether it was possible to escape from 'the rock'.

He had heard about the previous attempts and how no one made it, but what if he could? He was still young and strong. He jumped when the cell door swung open and stepped outside of it his mind still on the possibility of escape. He decided that if he was successful, he would vanish and never be heard from again. But he couldn't be rash. He had to do his research and learn what he could about the setup of the prison and possible places to go to. Money would be an issue, but he would worry about that later. Reluctantly, Andrew said goodbye to the dream that should have been. He told himself that he was going to stop thinking about his parents. They no longer existed in this life. He bit back a sob and stared straight ahead.

As soon as he was allowed, he would start his research. He knew that it would months before he was ready, but the idea of having something to work for settled him. He told himself one more thing, if he escaped, he wouldn't go after Kenji. He had learned his lesson. Even as he said it, he knew that the temptation would be there and could become overwhelming.

"I will not go after him" he muttered over and over again. He said those five words whenever he thought about his plan hoping that the idea would be ingrained in him by the time he was ready to make his escape.

*******

By the end of 1950: The Great Brinks Robbery takes place. Eleven thieves take more than two million dollars from the Brinks headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.

Rationing is still enforced in England.

The first payment made on a 'Diner's Club' card. It is the first use of a charge card.

A second red scare occurs. Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States of being filled with 205 communist.

Walt Disney releases its 12th animated film- 'Cinderella'

Poland announces plans to exile all Germans.

Britain formally recognizes Israel.

Mauna Loa in Hawaii erupts.

North Korean forces capture Seoul. The Seoul National University Massacre occurs. 900 people are reported to have died.

Florence Chadwick swims across the English Channel in a little over thirteen hours.

Singer/ actor Paul Robeson, whose passport had been revoked for suspicion of being a communist meets with U.S. officials in an attempt to get it reinstated. He is unsuccessful. It won't be reinstated until 1958.

Darlington speedway is the site of the first 500 mile NASCAR race.

The comic strip 'Peanuts' by Charles M. Schultz is first published in seven U.S. papers.

The Republic of China enters the Korean conflict.

The United States entered the Korean conflict. General Douglas MacArthur was named commander the U.N. forces. He would eventually threaten to use nuclear weapons against Korea.

****

Civil rights

The 'Group Areas Act' is passed in South Africa formally segregating the races.

Mclaurin v Oklahoma State Regents- a public institution of higher learning could not provide different treatment to a student based on his skin color.

The Supreme Court abolishes segregation in railroad dining cars.

The University of Virginia is forced under federal law to admit a black student to its law program.

The "Leadership Conference on Civil Rights' is created to promote the enactment and enforcement of active civil rights legislation and policy.

Orlando, Florida hires its first black police officers.

Dr. Ralph Bunche wins the Nobel Peace prize. He is the first African-American to win the prize.

Hazel Scott became the first black entertainer to have her own network musical variety show.

Althea Gibson becomes the first black American to compete in a U.S. tennis championship.

******

As always, thank you all for your patience and donalde for beta reading.

****