Identity Crisis Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kassiana
Kassiana
21 Followers

Victor growled again in her mind.You're hurting again.

He's probing me.

I don't like it. I'm coming in.

If you come in, you come in unarmed and quiet.

Silence. Scott sniped back at Logan that the man wouldn't know what to do with a good present even if he got him one.

Fine.

He broke off telepathic communication.

Victor?

Victor?

VICTOR?

He was not there. She panicked, but could not move. Charles had her firmly in hand, Scott and Logan had agreed to discuss Christmas later, and the alarms were going off as Victor approached the mansion. Jamie reabsorbed his gluttonous copy and went with the other, along with most of the other X-men, to capture her lover.

All she could do was remember and hope.

**********************************

I cut her off. She asked for a hell of a lot already.

I was joking earlier about marriage. Yeah, it'd be fun to see the reactions, but the reality wasn't something I was ready for.

I guess she was.

Hmph. Never guessed any woman would want to marry me. Hey, might as well take her up on it.

No time to get married anyway.

I walked around to the front gate.

Never run to your own destruction, right?

I leaped up and over the fence. I knew I tripped at least three alarms on the way in.

I hate the smell of cooking flesh. Especially when it's mine.

I wonder if they'll let me tell her before they kill me that I accepted her offer?

One sure way to find out.

They're boiling in there and burst out to meet me.

Nice to meet the family before you pop the question, isn't it?

I just drop and remember her sweet, throaty voice from this morning, holding my hands ready for the cuffs.

It's just pain. I've had three lifetimes full already.

The blue guy next to me's babbling about how the cuffs do something to my powers. Probably dampen or completely inhibit them. I ignore him and get to my feet.

"I need to see Tessa." I address the guy who seems to be in charge, a hard, aggressive guy with a smaller, wimpier twin standing beside him.

Big Blue starts laughing. So does Wolf-girl and Wings. The wimpier guy clears his throat, but the man I talked to answers. "I'll take you there."

The wimpy guy puts a hand on his shoulder, and he sinks back into the wimp. He sighs. "I didn't know any side of me was that crazy before, either."

So Xerox man isn't in charge. "Who's supposed to be in charge here?"

"My eminently confused captive, I am." Big Blue. Figures.

"So, can I see her, or do you need to lock me up first?"

He turns his head. "I am not in the habit of giving intruders, particularly violent and psychopathic ones, access to any of our team members."

I sigh. "I gotta ask her something."

"Perhaps you should let me ask her in your stead."

I shake my head and walk inside with him. "I'm the only one who asks people to marry me. Sorry."

He blinks. "I had the impression from our earlier dialogue that it was already settled."

I stop walking. "That was informal." And Tessa speaking out of turn. But I don't tell Blue that.

The X-Geeks push me, so I start walking again, though I'd rather gut the lot of them.

He nods slowly. "I shall do my best to persuade Charles to permit you a visitor in your room later."

********************************

When Charles had finished, she was unsettled and sick. Her mouth tasted dry and bitter. She retched, but thankfully did not bring anything up. Scott and Logan were watching her, as was Charles. He silently offered her a glass of water.

She felt dirty. He had been inside her mind, sharing her feelings, her thoughts. She swirled the water inside her mouth to cleanse it.

Silence grated on her. She swallowed and tried for some of her usual calm. "So, any more brilliant ideas, Professor?"

Hm. Apparently, calm was not something she could attain at the moment. She adjusted her goal to "sarcastic hostility" instead.

He looked five inches above her right shoulder and spoke to that point. "I am sorry, but you understand it was a possible security risk."

"I'm tired of understanding." She rose and began pacing restlessly. "I'm tired of waiting and holding back. I don't want what most of you do. I tried, Charles. I really did. But with Victor, I have finally found someone who, instead of recoiling from what I am, embraces it and makes me even more like me."

Logan moved abruptly. Scott leaned against the wall, watching her with the same neutral expression he used for most things. Charles blushed and avoided looking at anyone. "Are you certain we cannot be what you want?"

She laughed, a long, buoyant laugh, and waved a hand toward the group. "Just look at yourself, Charles. You can't look me in the eye. Logan probably is having a hard time restraining himself from just eliminating me. Poster boy for straight and narrow, Scott, couldn't relate to what I said any more than you can. He's truly your son more than anyone else's, isn't he?"

"I resent that," the man said quietly. The corners of his mouth turned down a fraction. "I was planning to wait until we were alone to ask, but I would ask you to stay."

She jerked to a halt and stalked over to him. "Why?"

Charles kept a concerned eye on Scott as the woman confronted him. Scott crossed his arms over his chest and responded, "Because a lot of the kids here think that being different means we'll reject them, too. I'd rather have the X-men be known for who we include, not for the people we exclude."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "Ya might have just earned yourself a Christmas present there."

Scott relaxed and let his arms fall to his sides. "Well, you know I live for your approval."

"Who doesn't?" He adjusted his hat and smirked. "So many fans, so little time."

Professor Xavier raised his head and looked at Tessa, really looked at her. He let out a short blast of air. "You know we cannot accept Sabretooth here."

She nodded, looking down at her hands, restlessly moving together before her eyes. She hadn't expected any kind of acceptance, particularly from Scott, and was amazed by Charles' turnaround.

"Perhaps, instead, we can propose a compromise. You drop down to adjunct status. I can always find you if there is need for your particular talents. You could set up a schedule with Scott of … training for our youth who need your capabilities. Your personal life can become … more of a focus, should you choose." Logan snorted and she smiled roguishly as Charles searched for a word to describe her personal affairs.

"My vacation is still coming up." Charles nodded, his skin changing back to its normal hue. "And of course, we will let you know about the wedding. Now, where is Victor?"

Scott's quiet snickers cut off, and he gestured for her to follow him.

The room was silent for a moment, then a guffaw split the silence, followed by a shout of laughter. Howls and sputters filled the empty space as the idea of Sabretooth and a wedding spurred more chortles and gasps for breath.

******************************************

I was locked in a room in the basement. It was stripped of practically everything.

I tested the wall, just to be sure.

Punching, slashing, kicking, nothing damaged it.

I hate being caged.

I prowled around the room. Smells of engine oil, metal, gas. Old smells.

It was once used for storage.

The cuffs are strong. Very strong.

I tried to calm down and focus on breaking the lock. I thought of her standing next to me, telling me to do it, that she'll be here with me. Gotta get a claw over to the lock. I might need to dislocate a finger for a while to get the job done.

I wanted to hear her tell me she loved me before. My dream-Tessa laughed at me.Idiot. You should have told me, if that was what you wanted.

Tessa? I was amazed. I had nearly gotten my left index finger over, but I saw I would need to dislocate it. I did, wincing. Wish that healing factor of ours also was a pain dampening factor.

I heard you from two floors up. You're in pain. What did they do to you?

Heh. Someone getting angry for me because I was hurting. I put my finger back in place, feeling it heal with a groan of protest.Nothing.

Nothing? She sounded outraged.

Same kinda nothing you felt before, sweetheart.

Oh. She paused, but wouldn't tell me what had hurt her.We're coming to get you out. We're leaving.

The door opened out. I held back, watching as Tessa came in first. Smart move. She held the cuff keys in her right hand. Summers was outside, sweating like crazy.

His scent was on her arms. He had touched her. I started a low rumble in my throat.

He touched my Tessa.

She noticed and paused, holding my hand. "What?"

"He touched you."

She nodded, slow. "It didn't hurt. It was okay."

Faint scent of blood. "Turn around."

She tensed. "I am all right. Don't worry. We're going to get out of here and everything will be fine."

The rumble revved up to a full roar. "Turn AROUND!"

Rigid, posed like a doll, she turned for me. I saw the small holes in her costume, the drop of blood falling from one of the six points he'd pushed into her skin.

Logan had touched her.

That made Summers fade away.

Logan had hurt my Tessa.

No! Victor, you can't. You won't. I won't let you.

Try and stop me. He had drawn her blood.

I wasn't moving. I wanted to. She stood there, hard as iron, turned back around, hand out at her side, stopping Summers from coming any further while she took control of my muscles from me.

Victor, listen. It didn't bother me. He didn't really hurt me. He wasn't challenging you.

She had a knack for getting to the heart of a matter.How do you know?

Will you stay and listen if I let you go?

I didn't want to promise, but she wasn't letting me loose without it.Fine. But it better be good.

Summers stood in the doorway, talking into a communicator. Geek. Probably joined partly because he'd get one. And the uniform.

"Victor. I provoked him. I was angry." Her clear blue eyes looked into mine. I felt the heat rising from her skin. "You could feel how bitter I was. I used you as a threat. He reacts to you the way you do to him."

I wanted to rip the runt's throat out. Regenerate that, boy. But her face was pleading with me. She didn't want me to.

Damn all women.

I closed my eyes and let the fire within die down a little. The fire outside, though, rising from her skin, was inviting. I had to choose one or the other. Go after the runt, or wrestle with her.

Guess which one I chose.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her up to my face by it. Her pupils grew wide and that sexy little smile I loved curved her sweet lips. "Gotta make sure everyone knows who you belong to, then." Her other arm wrapped around my shoulder and I felt her nails prick me as I savaged her mouth, drawing blood as I nipped at her. Her mind purred through mine.You know they're coming.

Yeah. The X-freak isn't talking to himself on that thing. Is he?

She began giggling into my mouth.I got the funniest image, Scott trying to communicate with himself. "Hello? Hello? Am I there? Is this thing on?"

They all ran in, of course, fired up and ready to go, Logan among them. I deliberately held her closer and ran my large hand over her tasty posterior.Stop laughing. We need to be serious now.

Probably was a good thing I was, though. I think Scott would have fired and the others attacked if I hadn't laughed. Her breath caught as I wrapped her around me, tight as my skin. She bit my tongue again.

I love this woman.

She pulled far enough away to whisper, "I belong to you, Victor, and you'd damned well better remember you belong to me."

Possessive. I like that.

The others make odd noises, gasps and groans. Someone begins clapping. What the hell, I put her down, gently, and take a half-bow, keeping her body pressed to my left side.

Summers? Summers was clapping?

Some redhead was looking daggers at him. I let out a whoop of laughter. He was so gonna be in trouble.

So I left with my Tessa at my side. She'd be going back sometimes. Fine with me. I knew now she'd be coming back.

Especially after our trip North. But that's a tale for another day.

Kassiana
Kassiana
21 Followers
12