Idylls of the Lady Ch. 5

Story Info
Heather meets the Duke of Ridgeley at a ball.
481 words
3.9
23.6k
2
0

Part 9 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 08/03/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Three weeks after the encounter with Holloway, Heather attended a ball at the Lockwoods, escorted by her brother, who was giving her lecherous looks most of the night.

Heather had dressed carefully and intended to find her next conquest that night. Her dress was made from yards of emerald green velvet, with an elegant bustle in the back and long fitted sleeves. She was wearing white gloves, and the neckline showed plenty of cleavage, and was set off by an emerald necklace. Emeralds sparkled at her ears.

She was swept into a dance by a man she did not know and who did not ask for the honor. She was momentarily flustered, but he was an excellent dancer with a dazzling smile.

"I have been watching you all evening, Heather," he said in a deep voice.

"Who are you, sir?"

"I am the Duke of Ridgeley, Cameron Northleigh."

Heather was shocked. The Duke of Ridgeley was married to the most beautiful woman in all of London. Ginger Hamilton-Northleigh, the Duchess of Ridgeley, although beautiful, was in very fragile health and had been pregnant, the last Heather heard.

"Where is your wife, sir?"

Cameron's features hardened. "She has run off with her lover -- that joke of a French count. The father of the baby I had thought was mine."

Heather was sorry she had asked. "I am sorry, sir. I did not know. Forgive me for asking."

He smiled again. "I think you know why I asked you to dance, Heather."

"No, I'm sure I don't, your Grace. Perhaps you could elaborate."

"Darling Heather, I have heard of your escapades with the male sex."

Heather paled. "Whatever you have heard is a lie, sir."

"You seem pale, Heather," Cameron said, a smile tugging at his mouth. "Come now, tell me the truth."

"I am," Heather said stubbornly.

"Or I will have to tell your father about Holloway."

There was no teasing. The duke was strict, and Cameron knew it. Heather would be severely reprimanded. The duke had warned Heather that if she got into any more trouble, he would marry her off to that wretched Earl of Snowden.

"Very well, it is true," Heather replied.

Cameron smiled and traced a finger along Heather's lips. "And you will warm my bed tonight."

"Yes," Heather replied breathlessly.

"Good. Ditch Holden and have your carriage bring you to Northleigh Hall at eleven-thirty, for I will be waiting."

With a squeeze of her titties, he left.

Heather began thinking of a way to get rid of Holden, when she saw him disappear into the gar-den with a giggling Lady Skylar. They must have patched up their differences. The opportunity was open. Heather headed for the front door. Now all she had to do was convince the family driver to take her to Northleigh Hall, and get her there in time, because it was eleven-fifteen now.