If Life Was Easy

Story Info
Two people with an not so easy past.
4.6k words
4.34
18k
12

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/05/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey I'm New to Literotica , This is my first time writing so give me a break...lol But all productive criticize is welcomed.

Clementine Rose

She woke up suddenly; covered in sweat she sat up straight in her bed looked around her dark small bedroom everything was where she had left it and nothing looked out of place. These dreams would be the death of her. Dreaming of HIM always left her feeling anxious, paranoid and queasy for the rest of the day. He was her devil on earth to her he could probably show the devil a thing or two. She had to stop dreaming of him the dreams were the only thing that stopped her from completely getting on with her new life. She hated herself for it she knew in this small way he still had some power over her to control her even in the smallest of ways. She didn't want him to have that control anymore she never wanted to give someone that endless amount of control over her life again but her. But ever so often when she would feel she was getting control that her life was really turning around she would have a dream and it would set her back five more steps from really getting better. She hated having to go to therapy telling someone who didn't know from a hole in the wall her darkest dirtiest and most horrify details of her life made her uncomfortable and just when she thought she would be able to stop going a dream would happen and she would find herself back in the office waiting room waiting patiently for her therapist so she could discuss her terrible life all over again. Physiological trauma was really a bitch .But as much as she wished it would just go away it wouldn't and she knew that she needed more time to deal with her issues with her ex husband. Shaking herself from her trance she looked at her clock reading it was 7:15 she thought she might as well get an early start on the day because she knew once she was up she wasn't going back to sleep.

"Well I might as well get an early start with my day." She said to herself.

She walked to her small bathroom that she had. It was so small you could barely turn around once without bumping into something. He small white sick next to her only shower wit no tub. She had forgotten what it felt like to take a nice soak in a nice tub. She lived alone in a small one bedroom apartment in Queens. Even though it was small she loved her place because she owed it and no one else. She remembered the day she gave her first months rent and deposit down.

"I finally have a place to call my own no one can take this away from me but me.' She liked the feeling of being independent for the first time in 9 years.

She finished brushing her teeth and washing her face when she was done she stood up straight to look at her reflection , She was 5'4 in height she weighed 190 pounds but didn't look it her body was well portioned for her size her had thick thighs, hips and a sizable ass. Her breasts were a 34 D; she had a little pudge at her abdomen nothing a few sit ups a week couldn't handle. Her skin was smooth and cinnamon brown in complexion the few scars that she had seemed to becoming less noticeable after her skin graph surgery. After her Incident with HIM that left her almost disfigured and in surgery for 2 hours sew up the deep cuts that he had inflicted on her and left her in a coma for a week from the amount of blood lost she had suffered and the fact that he ran after he attacked her and basically left her for dead it took their next door neighbor walking into her apartment saw the door was left wide open and noticed Clementine in a lake of blood it seemed. She called the ambulance immediately it was a miracle that she wasn't dead she was in the apartment for an hour bleeding out before her neighbor found her. After she got out of the hospital her scars were horrible she knew she couldn't live this way seeing the fresh stabbed wounds her husband had done to her she knew they would heal and would leave keloids on her skin. So she set out to find the best plastic surgeon she could find. She was still paying the plastic surgeon that did her surgery for her but he was worth every penny to try and make her forget the past she would always be grateful to Dr.Hizermen.

Clementine looked at her face for someone who was 34 years old she didn't have one wrinkle or a frown line even though she knew she should. She had a round face with Egyptian like eyes, her eyes were the color of molten chocolate with a hit of gold her nose was a little pointy at the end but it wasn't a bad nose at all it fit her face well. Her lips were full and plumped with the right amount of lip gloss her lips were her best feature. Seeing herself whole in the mirror she realized it took years to finally look at herself and actually love what she saw or not have a terrible flashback where she would cry for hours thinking of the past. The hurt and the pain she had been though every time she made eye contact with herself. She was finally happy; with many years of therapy behind her she felted better. If only she could make the dreams go away as well she would be perfectly fine.

After hopping in the shower she got out and got dressed to start her day. Clementine worked and owned her own dance studio. Having 17 years of dance experience and specializing in African, jazz, lyrical and abstract dance she felt she had the makings to open up her own studio that she had dreamed of having for so long. She had wanted a career in dance but people never really gave her a chance all they saw was her size and automatically discarded her thinking a girl her size couldn't possible dance. So one day she gave up on her dream to be a dancer but helping others to dance would be her purpose. She would teach others that no matter what their size or skin color that they had talent and give them a sense or worth which she was still working on believing herself.

Even though Clementine was a bit on the heavy side she could still dance like she did when she was a teenager she had lost most of her flexibility but she could still move with the grace of a goddess on Olympus. She loved to teach the kids that were enrolled in her dance school the routines that they would have to practice for school talent shows or for competitions they would have. Clementine was new to the scene of competing in dance competitions but since she opened up her studio 3 years ago she had already won 13 1st place trophies's and ribbons. All of her students winning in the top 3 spots. The notoriety was good for the studio because before she knew it her studio was packed with kids with parents wanting their little angels to join her school. Now she had about 20 to 30 students when she had only started out with 5 when she opened.

Getting to the studio at 8 am she was a tad bit early so Clementine sweep the floor and re-clean the mirrors and open the drapes that made the room dark. She loved natural sunlight pouring though the wide ceiling to floor windows teaching the kids like this was her favorite she sometimes got ideas for new routines by watching the city below and getting inspirations from the pedestrians to the cars and the trucks and buses to the buildings and the trees , to even people just walking their dogs she would get an idea for something great that she could incorporate in the dance.

Since it was still early to have the studio open, she would go into the office to do some overdue office work to catch up on the bills and the dance competitions coming up soon and looking at new applications of students that wanted to join the studio . Just before she got started her stomach gnawed at her. She realized that she hadn't eaten anything before leaving home this morning. Clementine decided to walk to the small coffee shop called "The Mondays" two blocks away.

"I shouldn't due work on an empty stomach I could use some coffee and a muffin, the studio doesn't open until 10 anyways". Realizing she was talking to herself she felt a little foolish. She quickly got her leather jacket and her knitted scarf to head out. Since the weather had been getting a little nippy lately. But what should you expect in the month of October in the NYC.

After coming back from the coffee shop Clementine went straight to her office to get the day started. Before she knows it 2 hours had past and she had to open the studio. She had hired 2 dance teachers to help her with all her new students that were coming in. They were all students still in school getting their degrees. She was grateful for their work because she would have never have been able to take on such a large demand of students without them.

Walking to the front of the studio to open the doors she saw her 2 teachers standing there talking also they had stopped by to get a cup of coffee. Walking quickly to open the door Clementine tried to apologize having them wait.

"I'm sorry guys I hope you haven't been waiting to long in this windy weather." Clementine said unlocking the doors.

"Don't worry about it Clem." said Darren one of her student teacher he specialized in African and abstract dance.

Clementine liked the shorting of her name actually sounded cool.

"Yea we had our coffee to keep us warm." said Stacy while walking past Clementine to get in. She was her jazz student teacher.

Clementine sensing that they accepted her apology she shrugged it off and told them what she needed of them today she spilt up their two shifts to include her students. She didn't know that she was that far behind in the office. She had to make that her prime focus for today. Until then she wouldn't be teaching any of her students. She knew that it was last minute but if she didn't think that Darren and Stacy couldn't handle it she wouldn't have done it.

When Clementine was satisfied that everyone understood who was teaching what today. She went back into her office to finish her paperwork. She knew owning her own business was going be hard but she had been determined to make her little light and joy a success and she had done just that she didn't make much money from the studio but it was enough for her to live comfortable with no complaints. If the notoriety of the studio kept going the way it was she would probably consider opening up a second studio. Who knows Clementine thought the sky's the limit.

The day finally ended Clementine had been struck in her office all day trying to play catch up but she had finally done it. Now she was up to date with everything and made a mental note never to get this far behind again. Looking at her watch it was 7:30pm on a Monday night the studio was completely empty. She had told Darren and Stacy they could leave early since they had put so much work in today. She would close up early today and go home and relax. Before she left she made sure everything was locked up floors were swept mirrors were clean and the drapes were closed satisfied about her inspection she locked up the studio and headed home in the windy October night. Halloween was coming soon as she walked down the block to her car she saw different houses decorated in Halloween decorations. Skeletons and jack o lanterns and giant pumpkin balloon on some ones lawn with a giant smiley face on it. That reminded her that she should buy new decorations to put up on the windows and around the studio to show the holiday spirit and get some candy to give out to the kids maybe she would make little party bags. Then she had a thought.

"I'll have a Halloween party". She thought she never had a party at the studio before this would be the perfect year to do so since the studio was doing so well.

"It will be great I can get tables and candy and some snacks and some punch to put out and decorate the studio really nice, some nice music it would be a great."

"I can make invitations and hand them out the parent when they came and got their kids at the end of the day."

Clementine was excited about her idea she couldn't wait to get started. She was going ask Darren and Stacy if they could help her, she knew they wouldn't they would be just as excited as she was about the idea.

As she drove home for the night Clementine made a small mental list of things to buy for the studio tomorrow.

Gavin Reid

Gavin was 39 year old divorcee standing at 6'4 and 220 pounds with a swimmers build he always took good care of himself. He had dirty blond colored hair that reminded people of the surfer boys in LA when he had it long. His eyes were the color of the Caribbean Sea deep blue with swirling hits of green in the middle. His skin was pale and smooth to the touch like a baby's bottom. Women would always comment that he had the softest skin they had ever touched for a man. Gavin hadn't been with many women after his wife had abandoned him and their 6 month of daughter Lavender but for some reason he still felt guilty about it like he was cheating on her even though he knew he wasn't. After he had gotten married he would have never of dreamed that things would of happened they way that they did. Even though his wife had been gone for 5 years now he it still broke his heart to look at there beautiful daughter that he had to raise by himself. He still hadn't told Lavender the truth of what happened to her mother he just told her that she went on a trip and she would be coming back. He knew that was bad but even he still had hoped that his wife would come to her senses and come back to her family. But as Lavender got older he knew that she didn't believe her mother would take a 5 year long trip. But how do you tell your child that her mother gave her up because she was addicted to crystal meth.

Gavin had no idea that this was what his wife of 7 years was doing in her spare time when he was at work. Gavin went to work and Elle decided to be a housewife she wanted her family to be just like it was in the 50's. Gavin had no problem with that as long as that was what she really wanted. He worked as a Computer Hardware Engineer he made a good living to support his family well. But Gavin knew that Elle just wanted the family that she never had when she was growing up her mother being an alcoholic and her father abandoning them when she was young. But he never complained he would do anything for his love. Elle was his everything, she was everything he thought at the time that he wanted in a woman kind ,gentle, caring ,exciting to be around, always laughing and in a good mood they would rarely argue they had just clicked the moment they saw each other. She was his world his everything and he had thought that she felt the same for him. Then she had up and just left him her daughter for drugs he couldn't understand it. It had taking them years to have Lavender after 5 miscarriages and 3 failed In Vitro procedures. Lavender was their miracle baby.

Walking down the street with his beloved daughter to bring her to school, Lavender had be bugging Gavin about it for days now about some dance school .Ever since one of her best friends in her class starting going there and said she had so much fun Lavender wanted to go there too.

Her eyes sparkling as she spoke.' Daddy Please please, please can I go to the dance school too like Ariel she says it's so fun and so is the teacher'. Giving Gavin a big toothless smile, she had lost the first 4 front teeth one by one but it didn't deter her of her cuteness. Lavender had soft brown curly hair that fell just below her ears her skin had more of a tan then her father traits that she inherited from her mother. But everything after that was Gavin from the color of her Caribbean sea colored eyes to her slightly oval face with high cheek bones she was absolutely adorable.

'I'll think about it when we get home tonight okay about you going to the dance school.' He looked down at her.

"YAY!. I really want to go Daddy". Lavender said looking up to her father.

"I know you do angel but I have to look up a few things about it before I decide you can go."

What do you want for dinner tonight? Gavin said to her.

She seemed pleased that tonight he would consider what she was bugging him for days now.

"I want spaghetti and meatballs. "She nearly shouted in the streets.

Gavin could only laugh at his daughter enthusiasm for dinner.

'Okay Pumpkin spaghetti and meatballs it is. So don't eat too much snacks at Mrs. Romans house okay.' He told her.

She simple nodded.

After walking her to school and giving her a hug and a kiss Gavin went on his way to work since the train station was a block away from Lavender's school. Gavin worked at the most prestigious computer Hardware and Software Company in the city Idle Tech Industries. Gavin had gotten the job right away after he graduated from MIT top of his class and valedictorian. His boss Mr.Woodson snatched him up before any other company could he knew that Gavin Reid would be exceptional asset to the company.

When Gavin got to his office he went straight to work he was the manager of the engineering department. He was in charge of a new project they company was trying to do some new wave technology that they were trying to discover and execute before another country or company had a beat on them . He was in charge of running tests and diagnostics and initiate any attempts at corrections and repairs. He also was responsible for instructing others on how to properly utilize and troubleshoot the machines. Gavin also had the day to plan and work on other computer projects the company had yet to finish. Gavin had a supervisory role, he mostly spent parts of the day planning and strategizing with management was responsible for supporting and teaching other employees. Gavin loved and did his job very well. Every employee in his department loved him he was always patient and kind to the new grads that were eager to learn but most then likely made many mistakes while working. Even though work could be very stressful Gavin never bought work home with him, he didn't want to take it out on Lavender when they got home. It was his time to unwind and enjoy dinner and a little cartoon watching with his daughter before her bedtime.

Gavin was putting more and more thought into the dance studio. It was a after school activity and now he wouldn't have to rush from work to Lavender's school to pick her up everyday and bring her to Mrs. Romans house for her to babysit her so he could rush back to work and finish the few projects he had left. He thanked God everyday for the old woman she was such a sweetheart. And she never asked for anything in return for watching her even though Gavin would plead with her to take that money he offered. Gavin thought it was because she felt sorry for him she had known Elle and how she just up and disappeared.

Mrs. Romans was his next door neighbor she had lived there for near 30 years. She took a liking to the couple for the moment they moved in they were almost like a second family to her every since her husband had died 10 years before she was a little lonely and liked having some company around. She didn't have any children of her own .So when the young couple had told her they were having a hard time conceiving her heart went out to them. After they had Lavender she was overjoyed , but not to long after Elle disappeared, Gavin never told her exactly where she had gone to but she had her suspicions of what happened but it wasn't any of her business so she decided to leave all well alone. But she did know was that Gavin was a young man with and infant to take care of .So she lent her services to him babysitting anytime he needed and didn't take anything in return for doing so. Mrs. Romans guessed her motives were a little selfish she had always wanted to be a grandmother and having that beautiful child in her presence was the only way she could get as grandmotherly as she wanted.

She remembered the night that Gavin had came to her for the first time to ask her if she could watch Lavender for him for a few hours. She had felted bad he looked awful like he hadn't had a wink of sleep for weeks his skin looked paler then usual and his eyes were sunken in, His hair looked dead and limp and stuck to his forehead. So she knew he was suffering with his wife leaving and the total surprise of having to take care of a baby. So she would help him as much as she could.

12