I'll Be Seeing You

Story Info
A love affair the night before D-Day.
1.5k words
4.59
8.1k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

June 5, 1944

Plymouth, England

The rain made rivers down the window as thunder rumbled across the shore. From his vantage point, he could see the boats bobbing in the violent harbor waters. The muscles in his back were tight as he stared across the English Channel, imagining the Germans in their bunkers facing him as they hunkered down through the storm. As he took a long draw from his cigarette, he wondered if they had done everything right. Most of the Americans sleeping in tents on the plains had never seen a day of combat. Eisenhower had sent Patton to the southeast to convince the Germans that the attack would come at Calais, but he didn't know if the German commander in charge of the coastal defenses, Erwin Rommel, had taken the bait. After all, they had chased Rommel across Africa till he had been dubbed the Desert Fox.

"Ben?" a lilting voice called from the darkness behind him. He turned his head and could vaguely make out the dark outline of someone sitting up behind him. He took another drag from the cigarette and contemplated the glowing tip for a moment. He heard her moving and in a moment, felt her thin arms circle his waist. Her palms rested flat against his stomach and her cheek lay against his back between his shoulder blades. He covered her hand with his. "You should come back to bed," she said. "Worrying will not end the war or this weather. You should rest while you can."

He smiled at her sweet voice and wondered how many American soldiers were having similar conversations with their English sweethearts tonight. "I can't close my eyes, Gennie," he replied. "I'm sorry I woke you."

Her hand slipped lower, into the waistband of his government issued boxers. "Then come back to bed and let me distract your mind." Her lips touched his back, kissing along his spine as they made their way to his neck.

He sighed softly, his body responding to her wandering hand. He turned to face her, wrapping his strong arms around her. He lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers, kissing her firmly. She stretched up to return the kiss, her hands moving to his broad shoulders. Her mouth opened to him and he tasted her, his tongue slipping behind her teeth. Their tongues tangled together, hungry for one another. They clung desperately to each other as he explored her lips and cheeks. She met his hunger with her own.

This had been their custom for weeks now. As his imminent departure grew closer, their time together more dear, their coming together became more desperate. When he came into town, she would be so relieved to see him again that they could barely eat before they fell into the bed in her room. Later, they would slow down, but before he left, the desperation would return. They didn't speak of it, but they both knew any visit could be his last.

The sheet she had wrapped around her body slipped, draping over his arms and held up by the tension between their bodies. His big hands, calloused from carrying his weapon through training, moved over the smooth flesh of her back as their kiss deepened. The sheet pooled at her feet and together they took the few steps necessary to fall onto the bed. His rough fingers found her breast in the dark without breaking the kiss. He cupped the pale globe in his palm, his fingertips brushing against her nipple. He rolled it between his finger and thumb as his lips broke free. Their harsh breathing filled the room as they struggled to catch their breath. He moved his mouth along her angular jawline and then down her neck. He could feel her racing pulse against his lips as they moved along her collarbone. His thumb made circles around one breast as his mouth found the other.

She inhaled sharply, whispering his name as his lips closed over her full, pale breast. Her hands caressed the sandy brown hair on his head as his tongue rubbed and teased her hard nipple. He closed his eyes as he suckled. His thumb stroked and teased the other breast as she moaned her encouragement. His free hand moved slowly down her trim rib cage, caressing her hip and thigh. Her legs moved restlessly, but she murmured her encouragement as his hand moved to the inside of her thigh.

She opened her legs in invitation and his palm cupped her warm mound. He shifted his mouth to her other breast as his fingers danced along her slit. They slipped inside her easily, her body eager for him. Her found her sensitive clit and began rubbing it, his mouth and hand working in rhythm with each other. She groaned louder as his fingers stroked her. "Ben," she moaned. "Ben, please. I need you inside me now."

He smiled and shifted, pushing his boxers over his hips and positioning his body between her legs. He stretched over her body, his mouth finding hers again as he pushed his throbbing shaft into her slick opening. Her hips rose to meet him and he plunged deep inside. He lay buried inside her for a moment, her arms around his shoulders and his tongue resumed its exploration of her mouth. He was still kissing her when he began to move, slowly at first, his cock sliding in and out of her.

She opened wider for him, her thighs gripping his hips as he increased his pace. He forced himself deep into her, and then nearly pulled out before thrusting down again. She clung to him as his body moved faster, his stomach slapping against hers as he pumped in and out. He tore his mouth away from hers so they could both breath. Their panting echoed in the room, each thrust punctuated by a grunt. They moved faster. She arched her neck, her face flushed as he pushed her body higher.

They were lost in the pleasure. He closed his eyes, waiting for her voice to sing her song. He had learned her body well over the last few months. He knew she was close. He knew how to play her body. Her rocked his hips so that his cock brushed against the right spot. She cried out as she crested, her body trembling beneath his. He grunted sharply and exploded inside her. For a moment, stars exploded before his eyes. He barked again and collapsed.

They were both gasping for breath as they recovered. "Tell me you love me, even if you don't mean it," she whispered.

"I love you," he said easily, and he meant it.

"Tell me you'll see me soon," she requested, her arms clinging to him.

He hesitated. If the weather cleared, they would leave soon. If it didn't clear, they would have to wait another month to launch their invasion against Hitler's Fortress Europe. Finally, he responded, "I'll see you soon."

Her hands stroked his face, gazing at him tenderly. "You lie. You didn't answer right away. When do you leave?"

He bent and kissed her lips again. Outside, the morning was lightening the sky even though the rain continued to fall. "I'll see you soon," he promised. His lips nuzzled her cheek before he sighed reluctantly, rising from the bed and pulling on his uniform. He used the small mirror in her room to adjust his hat before turning to smile at her.

She was a vision, laying naked on the sheets, her brown hair spread on the pillow behind her. Her pale skin glowed. Her breasts and lips were red from their night together. He thought again of being on the boat yesterday morning, ready to sail to France and begin the ending of this war. Had the weather not canceled the launch, he would have not had an opportunity to see her one last time, and chance to tell her good-bye. But now, the words would not come.

She saw him struggling and tears filled her eyes. "Write to me, Ben," she whispered. "Let me know you are alive."

He nodded and swallowed with difficulty, and then left her small flat. When he reached the encampment, men were packing tents and stuffing their packs with supplies. His commanding officer met him with his orders. "We're leaving tonight."

Ben looked into the cloudy sky. In order for the invasion to be successful, they needed a clear sky. "Some fellow has convinced Eisenhower that there is going to be a break in the storm. I think the General just doesn't want to wait another month," the officer explained.

By nightfall, Ben was on a boat with the rest of his regiment, watching the port of Plymouth disappear under a clear sky. He tried to find her window, to see the light burning there, and wondered if she was watching the largest armada ever assembled leave.

When the lights of the town could no longer be seen, they all turned their attention southward, to France, to the bloodshed tomorrow would bring, and to the fight that would end the long war.