I'll Catch You Whenever You Fall

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Molly continued sobbing. Velette caressed away her tears.

"You've got the strength inside of you, Molly Hayes," She said quietly. "You've got the power and the fortune to survive. That was proven tonight. Don't ever forget, Molly. Don't give up. It will be okay. You've got your friends. You've got your family.

"And once in a while..." whispered Velette, letting go and vanishing back into the darkness, "...When you close your eyes...

"...You've got Velette Voxe."

Molly gasped. "Wait! Wait! Please!" she cried. "Please don't leave me!"

But She was gone. Molly wept through the tears she had left, but strangely...felt no more coming on. Sara and Melleny gently took her hands on either side.

"It's all right, Molly..." one of them whispered. The voice echoed and faded around her. Colors and shapes swirled away. The echo grew faint.

"It's all right, Molly...it's all right, Molly...it's all right, Molly..."

Molly opened her eyes.

Sara and Melleny were snuggled together on the floor.

Molly blinked. She thought she still heard the faint whispers...but no one was speaking.

She pinched herself.

Nothing.

Oh my gosh...

Did that actually just happen?

*****

Another week and a half later: Tuesday, April 14th, 2015, 10:00 p.m.

"Wowie," said Sara. "Well, another fun episode, huh, guys?"

General agreement was murmured amongst Jake, Hanna, Mel and Molly, whom her big sister'd begun inviting to pal around with them. They were gathered back at Sara's once more, for another showing of One Big Happy. When finished, Sara gathered the dishes and disposables to take into the kitchen.

"Oh, uh, Molly?" she asked. "Would you please mind giving me a hand in the kitchen?"

"Oh...well, eh, okay, I guess," Molly acquiesced. She followed Sara in, leaving the others to chat amongst themselves.

"Well, now you know why Mel started calling you 'sissy.' I figured you were curious. So, um..." She peeked out to see the others still by the TV, and lowered her voice.

"...How've you been doing since the other week? You okay?"

"Well, uh..." Molly hesitated. "...I've been staying with Mom and Dad. I'm still heartbroken, but, I'm just trying to take things a little at a time. One day at a time."

"Oh, Molly, I'm really glad to hear that," smiled Sara. "And I want you to know that that one night was not representative of my usual disposition. I'm really an angel. Most of the time. And I really do like you and care about you. A lot."

Molly clasped her paw. "I really like you too, Sara. You're a super-nice lady. And I'd love for you to be my big sister-in-law one day. I've never had one of those before. Come to think of it, none of us have. We have a ton of brother-in-laws, but no sister-in-laws."

"Whoa," chuckled Sara. "Well, slow down a little there...but yeah, I think you can count on that happening at some point."

"Cool," Molly chuckled back. "So what can I help with?"

"Oh, actually, I don't really need help. That was just a cover so I could talk to ya. Just to have a quick, private word. And I want you to know you can confide in me about anything, anytime you want."

Molly smiled. "Aw, thanks, Sara. I just want you to know, that in a little sibling-type way...I love you. You saved my life."

"Oh! Pleasure's all mine, li'l sis, all mine."

"Oh, by the way, Sara, I was just wondering, um...by any chance, do you have a cat?"

"Well, no, I don't...but, I don't think I'd mind having one one day. What makes you ask?"

"Oh...um...no reason."

"Huh. Well, a'right..." Sara grabbed up five spoons and a generous container of Neapolitan ice cream from the freezer.

"Okay, boy and girls!" she announced, returning with Molly to the living room. "Who's ready for dessert??"