Illegal Alien

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I better get to work," I said, eyes closed, held in his arms, and there was security there, security and safety and warmth, and I knew those arms would hold me and keep me safe when the ice inside cracked and broke. I knew Brad wouldn't mind either, not now, coz Brad was gone and he'd want me to be safe, he'd want to know I was secure.

Me, and our baby. My baby, and Brad's baby, and that our came first.

"You better, ma'am," Ramon said, his voice soft and gentle, and I knew Ramon. He was one hard-assed bastard, which was why he was my bodyguard, but with me? Like this? He was soft and gentle and he cared, I knew that he cared, and I knew that was why Maddock had assigned him as my bodyguard.

"Jenny," I said. "In here, like this, it's Ramon and Jenny. Out there, out there it's Sergeant Montoya and Captain Wong, but like this, Ramon, it's you and me."

I opened my eyes and I looked into his, and I held him tight, and I still glowed. "Did you mean what you said last night, Ramon? About..."

"About loving you, Jenny?" Ramon said, his nose brushing mine. "You were the Captain's wife, Jenny. I fell for you that first time I saw you, but you were married, 'n you and the Captain, everyone could see you two only had eyes for each other, so I just kinda left it...."

"And then Maddock assigned you to protect me," I said, and that wasn't a question.

"She knows me, Jenny," he said. "She knew I'd die to keep you safe, mi alma." His arms held me, muscled arms, solid and dependable, and I knew he would, and I smiled. He saw that smile and he understood and that expression on his face warmed me and drove the shadows back.

"Let's get moving, Jenny," he said, and he was smiling as we walked into the bathroom together.

For the first time in weeks I felt alive. Alive to face another day, and I knew I could because now I knew that at the end of that day, Ramon would be waiting for me, and that was something. I didn't know quite what yet, but there was hope where there'd been none and the darkness inside my head, the shadows, they'd drawn back a little.

* * *

"Got some coming out of the next building, ma'am." Reilly was behind me, gesturing 'n I looked around and yeah, group of them in the street and more filing out behind them, hands on their heads and there was a squad there, using the plastic ties to cuff their wrists back of their necks 'n line them up in rows.

"Guess they saw what was going down here and decided to surrender, ma'am," he added, and that collapsed building behind us, a pile of smoking rubble, yeah, guess that'd be an incentive.

"Guess they didn't see what happened to the ones that did try and surrender," I said, standing up now, coz there wasn't anything more coming out of that burning building. The roof had come down last night along with a lotta the walls 'n it was a brick shell now.

"Process 'em the usual way once they're all out?" Reilly asked, coz these were holdouts. Hadn't voluntarily turned themselves in for processing, and that was an admission of guilt by itself, far as I was concerned. Didn't need any further questioning by me.

"Yeah, walk 'em straight up to the ditches and put them down," I said. "They had their chance a month ago. Pull any kids and get them outta here first, put the rest of them down."

"Onto it, ma'am," Reilly said, and yeah, he knew his job 'n I forgot about them.

"Echo Actual on the radio, ma'am." Jacobs was there. "Says you're needed down at the waterfront. Got a situation."

"Tell him I'm on my way," I said, looking around but Montoya was there and the F150 was pulling up and my command team was already piling in the back and Richards signalled, and the Ready Reaction Platoon piled into three more F150's and followed.

* * *

Standoff.

That's what it looked like to me. Couple of big zodiacs, the military ones. Bunch of guys in camo, guns ready and yeah, they looked professional and the tabs said borealean and they had the UN ones as well, 'n out in front was this blonde bitch in the same uniform.

"Cover me," I snapped, bailing out, walking forward and Montoya was on one side and Frazer on the other, and I knew Frazer. Hard-nosed old bastard, reactions of a mongoose, made Kratman look soft and slow and I couldn't think of two guys I'd rather have beside me. Montoya and Frazer. Except maybe Brad, but he'd never be beside me again until I died, and I was cold inside, last night forgotten for a moment, coz without Brad...

"Who the fuck're you?" It wasn't a snarl but it came out real cold. Like I didn't give a fuck, and truth was, I didn't, and they had guns pointing right at me and really, I didn't give a fuck and I knew Montoya was nervous as fuck coz he knew me.

"Svenson, United Nations Intervention Force," the blue beret said, real confident like, and she had those stars on her shoulder tabs that said she actually was a Lieutenant Colonel or something and a little UN Flag and that Borealean national insignia, and she looked all polished and shiny and Jesus, she had creases, 'n her boots were polished.

Fuck me. Her only weapon was a little Beretta. Might fuck up a mouse. That was about it. Me, I had my 1911, my M4 slung, and yeah, there was the backup on my webbing and a coupla' combat knives and a crapload of mags.

"What the fuck 're you doing here?" I snarled. "You're on the territory of the Second Republic and I already told your commander to fuck off."

"We're landing three United Nations Intervention Battalions to enforce a ceasefire and protect civilians in San Martinez," she snapped. "I'm here to notify you and any other factions involved in the fighting, as well as identify war crimes and detain war criminals."

"Last I heard the Second Republic hadn't agreed to permit any United Nations Intervention Force onto the soil of the Second Republic," I said. I looked over my shoulder. "Besides, you look Borealean to me. Jacobs, get on the comms and call in to HQ and ask will 'ya."

"Yes ma'am," Jacobs said, 'n he was on it. Already knew the answer, but what the heck.

"We're landing at the request of the democratically elected and internationally recognized Government. The United Nations does not recognize the legitimacy of the so-called Second Republic," that blue beret blondie said, real snappy.

"My orders are to establish a secure zone, protect and retrieve non-combatants and escort them to a place of safety that we will establish and secure while assisting the forces of the legally elected government to re-establish law and order. Are we clear Wong. And if you're...." She glanced down at her handheld. "...if you're Captain Jennifer Wong, an arrest warrant has been issued against you for war crimes, mass murder, crimes against humanity and genocide by the International Court of Justice."

"Must be a mistake somewhere," I said. "This here's the soil of the Second Republic, Lieutenant-Colonel, and we don't give a flying fuck if the United Nations recognizes us or not and when we get to New Boston, the United Nations is gonna find out what we think of them. If I were you, I'd take your men, get back on your fucking ships and fuck off outa here before you end up in a ditch with the ratdogs."

I gave her the don't give a fuck look, and really, I didn't. Not a single one, and the look she gave me back was 'bout as friendly.

"Where are those men taking those civilians," the snarky blonde bitch with her creased uniform and her polished boots and her little Beretta and her blue beret on just so said, and it wasn't a question, it was a command.

"Huh?" I said, looking around and yeah, line of about fifty men and women, mostly in jeans and jackets and a few in military surplus camo, hands ziplocked behind their necks and strung on a long chain, 'n more than a few were burnt or dripping blood 'n I guess Reilly's men had rousted out a few more friggin' ratdog holdouts. Seemed to be a few along the waterfront here.

"Those civilians require medical assistance, Captain Wong," she said, looking horrified.

"Civilians? They're frigging terrorists and criminals," I said. "Already been tried and sentenced."

"Where are they being taken?" she snapped.

"Up the road there," I gestured, and yeah, you could hear the distant crackle of the guns, coz we were working frigging overtime. There'd been a few more holdouts in that next building over that'd surrendered when they saw what was happening to their buddies. Nothing like a few screaming human torches coming out a third story window as the building collapsed in flames to incentivize surrendering, 'n you could still smell that roast pork in the air.

Reminded me, I better send a runner back to the headshed to tell the cooks to go into Chinatown, takeout for five fifty tonight. Maybe skip the sweet and sour pork though. Come to think about it, better skip anything pork.

Surrendering? Didn't make any difference to me. Except, well, yeah, guess it did to them. They'd die, but they'd die cleanly, and not screaming as they fell into the flames. Pretty major difference, really. Our way, bullet to the head, fast, clean, no pain. The other way? Well, takes a while to burn to death and I hear it's remarkably painful while it lasts.

"They've been detained in an act of illegal armed resistance against the lawful government, half of them are illegal aliens in addition to other crimes, and the sentence for either of those offences is death. They've been caught, tried, judged and the sentence of the court is about to be carried out. Would you care to be a witness?"

Jesus, her eyes lit up and I just about heard those little neurons turning over and the synapses connecting.

"I would," she said, very coldly, 'n I smiled.

"You and one escort," I said.

"Sir," one of her dudes said, 'n my eyes met his 'n I smiled, and he knew. He fucking knew and my smile grew, coz we both knew she was gonna take the bait. "Don't go."

"Sergeant," she snapped, and yeah, she was a ball-buster for sure. "I wish to witness the treatment of civilians by this ...." she looked me and down 'n just about sneered. "... Captain Wong."

"Sure thing, blondie," I said. "One escort." 'N I grinned at the Sergeant behind her back. Grinned and winked and he twitched. He really fucking twitched, coz he knew whoever he sent wasn't coming back, and neither was she.

"Very well," she said. "One escort." She looked around. "Sergeant, pick someone." 'N I was sure she didn't have any idea who her men were. Just seemed like that kind of officer.

The Sergeant stepped forward, his eyes looking down into mine and he knew. "I'll come with you, Sir," he said. Looking over his shoulder. "Dogballs, take over."

"Righty ho, boss." 'N Dogballs looked at me 'n he had a pretty good idea too.

"Sergeant," I said. "I'd recommend you send your men back to your ship. They're not welcome here, and they're not needed."

His eyes met mine, his mouth began to open and I hoped like fuck he was gonna take that offer up coz his men looked like mosta mine, 'n these guys, they didn't belong here. This wasn't their fight and I didn't want it to go down the way it was shaping up, 'n...

"No, they'll wait for us here," Lieutenant-Colonel Svenson said, 'n I glanced at Richards, 'n he gave me the hand signal and I blinked back, just a twitch of one eyelid and yeah, he knew what to do.

"Come on then," I said, turning and walking after that file of criminals, and I beckoned to that Sergeant. Left the blonde bitch to follow, coz I picked up the pace and she might look all trim and polished but she sure as fuck was outta condition.

"JTF2, Sergeant?" I asked as he jogged beside me, Frazer on his other side and Montoya behind.

He looked at me, real sharp look, 'n I grinned. "You guys stand out like a dogs balls," I said. "Professionals."

"Yeah, well, can't answer that one, Captain," he said, 'n the criminals were filing onto the field as we got there and blondie was half dead coz she didn't want to miss a thing. She was just in time for the shooting to start 'n she stood there, real horror on her face as the bodies toppled into the ditch one by one, while the next ones in line wailed and screamed and pleaded and sobbed.

"Don't even think about it, Sergeant," I said, real soft, 'n he glanced at Frazer and at Montoya and they both had their M4's on him and I was well back 'n he knew when he was fucked.

"Stupid bitch," he said, and he wasn't talking about me.

"Yeah, isn't she," I said, and I beckoned to her. Beckoned her over as I walked up to the ditch and looked down, coz we dug deep. Had to, with all the bodies we had to deal with. She came, slowly, and there was horror on her face as she looked at me and then down. Horror and satisfaction, coz she had the evidence she was looking for.

"Take a good look, blondie," I said, expressionless, emotionless, coz yeah, it was kinda horrific except I was used to it now. We all were, 'n Ms Blue Beret took one look down into the ditch and doubled over, puking, coz yeah, we'd been real busy. I looked back at Montoya and grinned. "Keep big balls here safe," I said. "And take his guns."

"Hey," I heard, and then an oomph and I trusted Montoya and Frazer to make sure everything was under control.

"Hey, bitch," I said, and it wasn't a question either. "Bit much for you is it?"

"You..." she sputtered, puking again. "You... you...."

"Ah, fuck it," I said. I'd had my fun, and my 1911 was in my hand, and I put a bullet through the back of her head while she was heads down puking. She had no idea what was happening, and then she was dead without knowing about it, and yeah, always wore my ear plugs now coz you never knew when you were gonna blow someone away.

So I blew her away.

Blew her away. Get the pun? Blew. Blue. Ha frigging ha. Whatever. Don't laugh, then. She sure didn't. She was already doubled over and she just toppled forward into the ditch and landed with a limp thud on the bodies that were already there and I put a second one through her head to make sure.

Double tap with a point four five hollowpoint round doesn't leave any room for mistakes.

Always told my men, guys, we gotta terminate 'em but be humane about it. You wouldn't want to wake up half dead in a ditch full of bodies would 'ya, so take the time to make sure. They're ratdogs, but we're not evil like they are, coz we'd all seen their news clips. The necklacing, and you know what that is, right?

If you don't, well, it's fucking awful. They force a rubber tyre filled with petrol around your chest and arms and set it on fire and you burn to death, slowly. Like, up to 20 minutes slowly, and it's fucking painful and fucking awful and that's how the ratdogs killed a lot of people they said supported us. Kids included.

Maybe they did support us, maybe they didn't. Ratdogs necklaced 'em anyhow. So yeah, double taps, we were being kind and we made it quick. We had a job to do and that was what it was, a job, and we did it and we did it quick and clean, and blondie, here, she didn't know a thing and then it was over and she was dead. No fear, no pain. Just instant death.

"What theuuuhhhh," came from behind me and yeah, big balls musta got a bit pissed with blondie taking the dive coz Frazer had butt stroked him and he was on the ground.

"Hey, Sergeant?" I said, nudging him with my boot until he looked up.

"Bitch," he groaned, and I guess we weren't off to a good start on recruiting here.

"You wanna come over to the side of light, buddy? Always got room for a good man 'n I'll make an exception for you."

"Fuck you, bitch," he groaned, struggling to his knees and he was one tough bastard. He wasn't a ratdog either, just some poor misguided Borealean whose fucking dipshit government had sent him down here to stick his nose in where it sure as fuck didn't belong.

"Last chance, Sergeant. We need guys like you and you look like a good man. Sign you up now, and you know what the alternative is."

"Fuck you, you murdering bitch," he groaned, puking and I guess he was right, I was, coz I shot him in the back of the head without blinking, twice, 'n he went down and twitched a couple of times and his blue beret kinda dropped off whatever was left of his head, which wasn't too frigging much.

"Toss him in," Fujimoto ordered and two of his squad did just that and we looked at each other 'n I was glad it'd been quick coz when he came up here with blondie, he'd pretty much known what was gonna happen and he'd come anyway, and he'd seemed like the sorta dude I'd have got on with back when Brad had been here before the war started.

"That blue looks kinda nice with the red patterns," I said, picking up his beret that'd landed near the edge of the ditch when his head exploded. Kinda funny how heads explode. Bit like a watermelon really. Lots of fluid inside a head and it just explodes when a large calibre round hits it dead center at point blank range. So yeah, the blue was a bit fucked up. I looked at it and yeah, well, I always liked red but I didn't care too much for the brains 'n I sure wasn't going to wash it, 'n I wasn't gonna ask one of the kids to either, so I tossed it into the ditch after him.

Not worth keeping as a souvenir.

"We gonna cop any crap over this, ma'am?" Fujimoto asked.

I shrugged. "Headshed said we could take out the ships if we could find anything to do it with, otherwise keep our heads down. That warship, they said it's a Borealean Navy frigate, got a single fifty seven Bofors that can really lay it down 'n they got no idea how many shells it carries. Said it's got some sorta SAM system that might still work and one of those Phalanx machinegun thingies for close in defence too. We got some air assets, they said, and I didn't know that, but they can't use 'em while that SAM stuff works."

"So we gonna do anything, ma'am?"

"Ma'am." Montoya was there and some young kid in a uniform standing next to him, panting. "Sergeant-Major sent a runner. There's boats loading off of the transports. Looks like they're planning on landing men. 'Bout a short battalion, kid says that's what he was told."

I looked at Fujimoto. "Looks like we're gonna have to do something," I said. "Finish up here real quick and move down to the waterfront with your platoon. Just drop everything here once this batch is done. I'm gonna head down and and see if we can do anything or we just back off until we get help. Not like we're a frontline combat unit is it?"

Fujimoto laughed, coz yeah, clearing ratdog holdouts, we probably saw more action than a regular frontline unit, and we saw it day after day, coz a lot of those ratdogs, when they knew they were gonna go down, they decided to try and shoot it out. For dipshit libtards who didn't believe in guns, they'd sure managed to lay their hands on enough of them.

* * *

"What happened to the ones we left here?" I asked as we rolled on by, 'n I guess I didn't need to ask coz there was a pile of bodies in behind one of those concrete barriers.

"Took 'em down right away, ma'am," Richards said, shrugging. "Didn't see any point in fucking around and they weren't in line of sight of the ships out there." He grinned. "Got some good gear of the bodies."

"Good work," I said, kinda pleased coz that was what I called initiative.

"There's a coupla zodiac's coming in fast, ma'am." Maddock said, 'n I'd just joined her in the observation post on the roof of this old waterfront building, 'n we were using the ground floor restaurant as a holding pen for the ratdogs we were still rounding up. They were sitting on the floor in rows, 'n nobody was bitching and moaning, coz the last one that'd stood up and started ranting, well, lets just say he wasn't speaking anymore and he'd leaked a lotta blood and whoever took him down had winged a few around him.

1...345678