Immortal Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Duke laughed, shaking his head as he placed his hands on his hips. "You mean to tell me what to do woman? By whose authority do you have to tell me not to see her again?"

"By Lothian's authority and I believe that he is her guardian for the time being." She said, not backing down. "You want to see her, then talk to him, but until he gets back, don't come near her."

With that, she turned to leave, only to be stopped when the Duke rushed forward, grabbing her wrist and turning her to face him. It was all Gabriella had in her power to keep from hissing at him, lunging to feed that blood lust that surfaced. She sank her fangs into her tongue, the sharp pain bringing her back to reality yet she let the deep rumbling growl deep in her chest surface, enough for him to hear and be warned.

"I always get what I want and she will be no exception." He whispered at her angrily.

"I believe that this it the exception to your rule, milord. Good evening." She growled, ripping her wrist from his grasp and slamming the door behind her.

She looked up at Elizabeth as she struggled to calm herself. She couldn't blame the girl for what had happened. It wasn't her fault that the Duke was a slimy bastard who would stop at nothing to get what he wanted. And now she was left with trying to soothe Elizabeth's weary thoughts.

Elizabeth looked down at the floor, unable to meet Gabriella's gaze. She felt unclean, her lips swollen from his kisses, a sorrow filling her heart as she remembered the times that Richard had made her feel like that. Slowly, Gabriella walked forward, taking her chin in hand and tipping her face up so she would be forced to look at her. "Next time he does that…scratch his eyes out." She said with a smile and a laugh.

Elizabeth secretly breathed a sigh of relief as she heard Gabriella laugh. She wasn't going to judge her over what had happened and she felt like a weight had been lifted. Maybe they could keep this their little secret, but she seriously doubted that since Gabriella told Lothie everything.

"What do you say we go and find something to eat and then lock ourselves in for the night?" Gabriella asked, holding out her hand to Elizabeth.

"Alright." She whispered softly, taking her hand and following as she guided them through the hallways, back to their rooms.

After ordering a meal from the kitchens and eating her fill, Elizabeth sat in her favorite chair, curled up by the fire, just watching the flames as Gabriella returned to her reading, having not touched any of the food that was brought, something that Elizabeth thought was odd. Come to think of it, she had never seen Gabriella eat before, but she must because that's the way the body worked. Without it, she would have wasted away, but she looked just as healthy as ever.

Gabriella looked up from her book and she watched Elizabeth for a few moments, her eyes deep in thought as she stared into the fire. "You sit there night after night staring into that fire as if it is the most interesting thing in the world. Don't you ever want to read, Elizabeth? Books are a precious commodity these days, you should take full use of them." Gabriella said, rocking Elizabeth from her thoughts.

She blushed deeply, turning her attentions from the fire towards Gabby. "I…I can't read." She whispered softly, embarrassed at that one fact. "There was never anyone that could teach me."

Gabriella sat stunned for a moment before she realized that reading was something that she took for granted. She had learned so long ago that it was almost as natural as breathing to her and she never stopped to think that most peasants would never even touch a thing as precious as a book in their lives. After all, that was what Elizabeth was underneath all of the finery that Lothie had given her…a farmer's daughter who was struggling to pretend she was something that she wasn't.

With a sigh, she slowly closed the tome in her lap and stood up, her skirts swishing in the silence as she sat down on the arm of Elizabeth's chair, reaching out to brush away a wisp of hair that had settled across her brow. "Would you like to learn?" She asked, that maternal feeling coming to the surface as Elizabeth looked up at her with those innocent eyes.

"You would teach me?" She asked softly, tears coming to her eyes.

"Of course I would. It would be my honor." Gabriella said with a smile as she opened the book in front of her, setting it in Elizabeth's lap. "It's really quite simple once you get the hang of it."

Gabriella started slowly, pointing out different words to her as she watched and listened intently. Gabriella felt herself smiling to herself, knowing that this was the reason Lothie had brought this girl to her. Elizabeth filled something in Gabriella's heart that had long ago slipped away with the death of her baby boy, and she found herself hoping and praying that Lothie had come up with a solution that would let Elizabeth stay with them. She didn't think that she could bear parting with the girl, at least not now that she was so enamored.

Lothie had to be wrong; things would work out and sooner or later he would get his emotions under control. 'There has to be a way.' Gabriella thought to herself as she listened to Elizabeth cough, wiping the back of her hand across her mouth and trying to hide the faint hint of blood there from Gabriella. Gabriella sighed and softly stroked Elizabeth's hair as she continued to teach. 'Something that will make her ours. Forever.'

*************************************************

Chapter 4 coming soon: Lothie returns with news as the Duke makes a move for Elizabeth.

*************************************************

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This story is for the reader to guide. I enjoy getting feedback and any comment is welcome. Please, if you read the story, leave me something so I know how I am doing. Also, suggest a path for the story to take. It's up to you, the reader, what happens to these characters. Thanks! :)

12