Imperium - Dynasty Begins - Prologue

Story Info
The Happy Beginnings.
5.2k words
4.55
6.1k
10

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KalDarov
KalDarov
133 Followers

Prologue

***

He sat in the Social Studies III. Samael watched the screen as it ended playing, final words on the screen had him rolling his eyes as they sounded so bogus.

'Keep The Fight Alive - Terrans Must Be Ended'

The professor had a metallic arm he used to rake the keys sending the screen into the ceiling, "Who can tell me the beginning of the documentary? How did it start?"

Samael smiled at the professor. In his kind nature he was trying to judge who paid attention. A vetting process meant to establish who was worthy to earn graduation in the end. The documentary was a long 6-hour drag of gibberish that promoted the Martian culture to the uneducated and heavily slandered anything that had to do with Primal Earth. Or how it had begun to be widely called, Terra.

A pretty female student's arm went up, almost instantly reciting the answer, "The humanity is reaching new heights.

The year is Our Lord's 5025. The Earth our original home planet, Terra is in crisis and was so for several millennia. Many species lived in harmony. Earthlings however were fragmented and in cups of breaking out in all-out war. The brewing was few millennia old Cold War, between different races, on what counted to be human."

Professor raked the table with his metallic fingers, "Perfect answer. That was indeed the beginning of the film, a bit heavy handed with the literal wording. Nevertheless, perfect score for the answer. I wonder if how many of you were really paying attention. Thank you, Miss Gurple."

The young lady smiled and sat down.

"Good, I'm not done yet miss. Miss Gurple, tell me please, what would you do if you're an Empress of Mars? Let's pretend a little, you're on the throne and given the possibility, what would you do in her stead?"

The class looked uncomfortable. Young lady looked horrified at the question asked. Impersonating an Emperor was a serious criminal sin. Professor seeing this raised his hand and calmed the students, "Relax, I'm on the record and I take full responsibility for your answer."

Students still looked uncomfortably around, feeling like this might be a trap to get the young woman to say the words and later criminally charge her.

Samael watched the girl twist in her seat, having trouble deciding if it was good to answer the deadly question and potentially end up criminally charged and excommunicated with her whole family back to the barren wastelands. Better known as Earth.

Samael raised his own hand high in the air attracting the Professor's attention, after briefly checking his notes he addressed the sturdy young man, "Yes, Mister van Ryn?"

"Thank you, Professor. Well to answer your question, I'd open the trade Embargo set back in the year 4650. Maybe then the Earthlings would start to trust us more. The process, I gather, would take several decades if not centuries for them to truly believe us since our ancestors poisoned them heavily during the early 3000's," after briefly checking his notes on the screen he was satisfied that he had the years in order and proceeded to sit down.

"Not yet Mister Ryn please. Intriguing answer. Do you think trading with Earthlings would do any good? After all they were, and still are, heavily persecuted by us in every aspect," the professor smiled adding, "I want you to really think about your next words. How would it benefit them, and finally, what do we get out of it?"

Samael keyed his screen and quickly read his notes, he politely answered, "Well, during our history, us Humans wared with everyone. Taking this into count we have historical evidence that Trading did good. It opens up the borders, not only to immigration, which is totally different matter. But for their goods. We get to see how they live day to day. What are they eating? What are they drinking? Are they using the same deodorant I'm using?"

He beamed, the line worked as intended and the class laughed, merrily nodding to each other. Samael waited few more moments for the laugher to die down before he continued his thought process, "I'm not asking for full blown open borders. No. I'm just asking for their merch; I mean we only know they look like us because of these Social Studies and people like you who fight for freedom of speech. These movies are propaganda. And even then I suspect they're heavily in favor of our side. Trade would allow us to know our foe. To meet them. Eventually even befriend them. 'sides our side is powerful. We're the most advanced in our Imperium."

He sat down and watched in his screen. His nerves were frayed. He wasn't accustomed to feeling that many eyes on him. He wondered why he lifted his hand in the first place. Samael, though, was happy he managed to get it all out without stuttering. His notes covered wide range of dates and events, but he stuck to the most important ones.

The professor smiled, "Good answer. This class as you know is to prepare you what's to come. Political and social structures of our era. History is important. Mistakes that we made and continue to make as species will continue to evolve us as a society, even as we're divided. Martians aren't that different from Earthlings. We're the same. Our DNA is the same. No matter what the propaganda says. Mister van Ryn I appreciate your thoughts. This class isn't as important as Science IV," the students gently laughed at that, some shaking their heads, "However, any of you could be at forefront of our society. Guiding us in whatever directions the political waters may take you. Do so knowing that you're doing it for all humanity, no matter where they live."

The bell finally rang.

"With this I salute you, until our final meeting in few days. Then we'll make final preparation for the Graduation Tests. I've sent you all a video to your personal emails. I suggest watching it few times and take notes. Make sure you pay special attention at what the Martians greatest feats were. Especially during wartime," the professor finally took his notes and allowed the students to disperse to their next class.

Samael was done for the day. This was his last class and he quickly grabbed his things and ran out the door. He had a car to buy.

***

"Now I would suggest this early model. ME 5500. Comes with upgraded battery, self-drive and auto-ejectors in case of crashing. The speed and the force of ejecting can be adjusted. They deploy only in case every system is off-line and if the gyro indicates that the ejectors wouldn't launch the passengers into the ground. Of course, the model has built in airbags as well. But pop out and can be replaced by the newest model that will come out in few weeks." The sales pitch was a bit too strong for Samael's liking, but nevertheless he admired his zeal.

"I wonder," Samael lowered his voice so that his father couldn't hear him, "what about off-road?"

The salesman smiled, "The model has off-road capabilities, however, I must inform the young gentleman that the model does come with built in tracking device."

Samael nodded, "I suspected as much. I like the look of the vehicle, reminds me of old Alfa Romeo model. 952, correct?"

The salesman beamed, "Yes, our company has requested several antique models from Earth. But those aren't selling as much. Is the young gentleman a car aficionado?"

Samael sadly shook his head, "No, I just like the old Earth models. I came across this one on my search through the NET."

The salesman's eyebrows rose, "Oh. I thought the model wasn't advertised on Mars yet."

"Maybe on Mars. But I was an intern on the ISS for few months for school and well, we had no choice," Samael shrugged his shoulders and quickly left to meet with his father who was by this point inspecting the latest hover model that was almost everywhere these days.

"So, what do you think? Like this one or the ME model," his father asked him while he was inspecting the interior.

The leather looked shiny, so his father pressed the button and the doors slowly opened, the smell from the interior wafted out, "The doors aren't really convenient. Our garage might be a little cramped. Getting in could prove - complicated."

Samael smiled, he figured his father would keep an eye on him no matter what, he took a breath and addressed his father, "I really like the ME model. It looks amazing. And it comes with everything you thought me to look at when looking for a brand new car. I'm not sure about the airbags and new versus old models, but the salesman said we could replace them easily."

His father scratched his growing beard, "I suppose. What about the price?"

His father watched proudly as his son explained why the buy was a good idea.

Samael shrugged his shoulders, "I wanted to talk to you first. I'm not about to buy a car that you didn't approve of."

His father smiled, "My approval doesn't matter. You are a grown young man. You earned that money, buy whatever you want. I'm here with you so you don't get conned. Whatever you like, you can buy. As long as it's safe to drive. And NOT a hover-bike," he gave a stink eye to few models the dealership had on display.

As he led him towards the place where the ME model was parked, his father gently placed his hand on his shoulder, "I know things are though. You were away when your mother - well let's just say things will be better. You focus on graduating."

Samael decided on the ME model. With the money he earned working different jobs during summer, he had enough to buy any sports car. They were cheap anyway. Most of his peers at eighteen chose the sports cars which had a chance at attracting the ladies. Girls of his age. Samael had the looks. However, for whatever reason he didn't have the same enthusiasm for girls as the rest of his friends. What motivated him? Well, he wasn't sure. Everything held some importance for him.

His best friend was always irate when Samael voiced his love about mundane things. As his friend eloquently put it, 'Even the most socially awkward nincompoop could get laid with a right car'.

However, the ME model looked exotic. Its design literally came from a different world. Samael had little knowledge about anything related to cars, but the chassis popped off. And for Samael that held some weight. He entered the car and felt around. It molded to his body perfectly. The leather interior was perfect. Black. He loved blue, green, and black combo. The lights on the dash were mesmerizing. Almost hypnotizing him into buying this fine ride. The decision seemed easy by this point. The smell, the feel, the pure ecstasy of owning a car. Perfect.

The dealer was adamant about signing the contract, but his father convinced him to take the vehicle on a test drive.

He clicked a button next to the steering wheel and the car silently started. The dash lit and he was met by a soft female voice.

"Welcome," it greeted him.

The voice seemed sexy. Created to attract male attention. Samael's eyebrows rose. Everything about the car was perfect. He slowly pulled out on the streets enjoying the soft sounds of the engine.

The car salesman and his father were busy talking while he navigated the streets. After 10 or so minutes he found his way backing up in the same parking spot from which the car started. The car and him were meant to be. He was in love. The ride was perfect.

His father looked at him to judge his reaction towards the car. He bit his lip for few moments and nodded towards his father, the car salesman was patiently waiting, after few moments he asked, "Well, mister van Ryn, have you made a decision?"

"I'll take it," Samael smiled.

Paperwork and signing done he paid what was owed. The full price 12000 $. Everyone shook hands and his father and Samael left the dealer ship. Samael was riding his own car and his dad going back home in his own. Samael wanted to ride some more alone in the large city and meet other drivers on the road.

Few people were on the road, but those that he met nodded his way. But others had a confused look on their face. Not recognizing the car's design as none of the adds circulating around the broadcasting programs advertised the model. Yet.

The decision was a right one, this was his new mode of transportation and he had more stuff to do before he headed home. A reward was in order. So he drove to a local mall to buy himself few snacks and drinks for the weekend. He still had some money left from the large purchase.

As he drove towards his destination he stopped at the red light. He heard honking and looked across the passenger seat to see a car filled with people. Two boys and two gorgeous girls. The driver, a young black man, was gesturing something, however, Samael just shook his head. Not acquainted with the driver lingo just yet he simply didn't understand the strange hand gestures coming from the driver.

He kept shaking his head, but finally remembered he could lower the passenger windows. He proceeded to lower the first one.

"Race me," the driver yelled over the revving of his engine, "Don't be a bitch, race me."

Before he could shake his head he spotted a black hover bike sliding to a stop next to his doors. The driver nodded for some reason. The driver was cool. He waved his hand as a hello. Black leather suit, black helmet. The only thing that popped off for him was a small silver V etched on his fender. Samael smiled. Still nervous from driving the new car, he breathed a sigh of relief as he thought the challenge was meant for this person, however, soon he was surrounded by multiple hover-bikes painted in black. A large V letter was plastered on their sides, just where the two carbon fenders were, again, he shook his head.

Again the driver hollered, "Race me!"

The driver honked his horn twice. Was it in anger, or just frustration he wasn't sure. Samael shook his head, but his foot had different ideas. It revved his ME engine in response to the loud noises of other vehicles.

*That's dumb. I'm so going to get in trouble, * he thought.

The road went in straight line. Further down there was a bridge then a mile or so an overpass. The road would get narrower as the overpass came closer, so he hoped something would happen before then. Maybe police would stop their shenanigans. They were racing 4-5 miles at most. Samael kept glancing on his rear-view mirror hoping that there would be a convenient stop by a cop. Like in the movies. But things were spiraling out of control. The light started blinking. Announcing to all the short time the light would eventually turn GREEN. A sign for them to start the race.

'GREEN'

The hover bikes peeled right out. Their acceleration greater than either his own ME or the newest model of whatever the black man was driving. The vehicle looked normal, however the black man's ride kept going faster and faster. Soon, all of them were far ahead of Samael's ME model which seemed to gain more and more speed.

He raced for something. What was it? Street cred?

*I'm not about to lose my life over a stupid race, * he sighed and wanted to slow down his car, but his foot had different ideas.

His pride would never let him forget this insult, "What am I doing? God damn stupid. Stupid. My dad will kill me if he finds out," he talked to himself as the car kept speeding.

He overtook a hover-bike rider as he seemed to have trouble with his ride, "Now 5 more to go," he whispered and kept accelerating his pet.

The car hummed happily as it passed everyone. Loving the fast speeds. One by one the drivers were left in dust as Samael's ride advanced like a rocket through the street. The last was the black man's car and its passengers. The driver of the car tried to cut him off from all sides, but somehow Samael jerked his steering wheel and managed to fool him into going right while he went left and quickly took first place. The driver spat some racial epitaphs as he passed by his window.

Samael's ride merrily buzzing through the street. The car hummed under the bridge and through the overpass. Despite everything, he hollered his victory happily as the car slowed down. His ride was magnificent and he proved it to all.

He parked his car to the side of the road and started shaking. Somehow, the thought that this could have ended badly started flooding, scenarios played through his mind. However, he drove a car. He glanced at his speed while passing the vehicles and as he slowed down. It was eye opening. 320 miles per hour while the car was going much slower than before. His top speed was 420, and he easily could have gone much, much faster. One slight mistake and he would've been plastered across some wall. Potentially killing someone with him.

He exited the car, still shaking, "Holy fucking Christ. What a rush."

A car skid to a stop. The driver stopped long enough to spit across his car towards him getting the lady in front seat wet with his spittle, she kept wiping her dress. A few colorful curse words Samael didn't understand escaped her lips, the man, in rage, started screaming, "Punk ass bitch! Shitty ass car. I swear to god nigga I'll kill Ya," the driver yelled and sped off.

He watched the car disappear into the distance, staring in disbelief.

*What's his problem, * he thought as the car vanished he heard soft hum of engines approach behind him. He turned his head to see the group of hover-bikes slow down.

The hover-bikes came to a stop next to his car, one beside another, "Holy shit dawg. You snatched that V from us like a lightning," a person dismounting one of the hover-bikes started yelling, his voice sounded heavily accented.

He used hand gestures to show him his speed, "Vrooooom! Holy shit."

The person kept jumping in the air while the others still sat on their respective hover-bikes, "Woooo, you're fire, dawg. FIRE! I never saw a car like this. What the fuck is it?"

The rider spent few moments re-telling the events as he saw them, finally, after the person calmed down they knelt beside the car.

Samael watched the person take his helmet off and saw that it was a man, "It's ME 5500," he briefly answered.

The man's face had several implants, tattoos and piercings. He reminded Samael of one of the people he saw in documentaries that were part of notorious gangs. The tattoos were a collage of different styles and colors.

The implants, however, were right above his temple and around the bridge of his nose. The steely protrusions were often used by blind or deaf people. But Samael knew enough that the current Mars underground culture adopted different styles and started wearing implants for the sake of wearing implants. It looked cool and it spoke about their past. To them at least. At least only his ears were pierced.

"Yo, J what the fuck is a ME," He turned towards one of the other bikers.

The biker in question took his helmet off and Samael almost gasped. The girl in front of him was a babe. He watched her fish something out of her breast pocket and press with her finger around few times. He noticed a strange Data-Pad.

"ME 5500," she said aloud and waited few moments.

Her eyebrows rose as she read something on her Data-Pad, "Strange, no data on the NET."

"Um, yeah. You won't find it here. This was an old Earth model. No one buys them for some reason," Samael smiled and scratched his head.

"Oh, we have a joker o'er here. Checking Earth NET," The woman announced.

Samael quickly said, "Connecting to Earth NET is banned. You could get in trouble."

She confidently sneered, "Yeah, I might. And lookie-lookie," She said and showed the screen of her Pad for everyone to see.

The man whistled, "Gawd damn dog, that's the shit. You must be stacked."

Samael rolled his eyes, "I wish. The model is just not known since it's from Earth."

The man's eyes went wide, "You got it imported?"

Samael shook his head, "Nah man, it was produced here. Just - you know, the design and shit was from older cars from Earth."

KalDarov
KalDarov
133 Followers
12