Impressions Ch. 01

Story Info
Gin and Aren meet in the studio.
2.7k words
4.43
13k
1
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/08/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gin dropped her backpack, sketchpad, and purse in a heap by the door of her apartment, peeled off her ski coat and shoes, grabbed a pillow from the armchair and flopped on the floor in front of the television. She was out of class for the week and the vintage record store she worked in was closed for remodeling for a few days. It would be a welcome break.

She switched on the television and flipped through the channels. She settled on some rock music video countdown on MTV2. It would entertain her nicely while she was waiting on the studio at the university to empty out. She wanted to start on her final art project for the semester.

Just as a Weezer video she liked came on, her cell phone started ringing. I'm not answering that. If it weren't all the way across the room or I weren't being such a bum right now I would turn it off. I know it's Travis and I'm not in the mood to deal with him.

She had made out with Travis once and it was over a year ago. They had intended to go out that night but it started raining so they just watched a television movie and kissed on the sofa. The thought made Gin sick now. She didn't like him and didn't think he was attractive. She had no idea why she had ever kissed him at all. She hadn't talked to him since then, until a week ago. He had started calling her every day trying to get her to go out with him. It sounded innocent enough, but she knew it was just a booty call in disguise. She also knew why he had started calling again. He had finally heard the rumors about her.

Gin had developed a pretty bad reputation, but she didn't really care. She didn't even do most of the things people were saying about her, though she was a wild child. And an ice queen. But she liked it that way. People liked her, but she didn't keep many friends. She was antisocial and she knew it. People didn't mess with her. Until Travis. And he wouldn't continue for long because if he did he would soon find out just who he was dealing with and it wouldn't be pleasant.

Much to her dismay, because she liked her wild image, she was still technically a virgin, though it was disputable because she'd done everything else in the world other than let a guy inside her. It wasn't that guys didn't want her. It was that she didn't like any of them well enough to risk an STD or pregnancy just to make them happy, when she could make them happy a million other ways. She could get her kicks other ways too. Someday, she thought. Someday there will be someone I can't resist and it will be hot.

Ugh. Commercial. She stood up and turned off her phone then walked into the kitchen to get a soda from the refrigerator. She also found a bag of M&Ms and some pretzels for dinner and returned to the floor in front of the television.

* * *

Aren sat at a drawing table in the university studio with his head in his hands. He hated the project specs for his final art piece. He stood up so quickly his stool turned over with a loud crash. He paced back and forth in front of the table staring at the sketch paper which was blank other than some eraser smudges and a graphite thumbprint. He walked over to a window to watch the little bit of activity still on campus. Most people were gone by now. At least from this part of the campus. In nice weather that wouldn't have been the case, but it was the beginning of December and it was cold and dreary out.

Why can't I have something better to do tonight? Why am I such an art nerd? I can't believe I've let myself turn into someone who says they're going out and ends up at the studio covered in paint two hours later. Oh well. I don't mind so much, but it's not a lifestyle conducive to meeting many people, especially a girlfriend kind of person. He sighed and leaned against the window sill. He usually liked being alone but tonight he wished someone were there with him. The holidays did that to him. He had never had someone in his life to share Christmas with. It didn't seem like this year would be any different.

Aren was shocked to hear the studio door open. In fact, it made him jump. He had been sure he would be by himself all night. He was even more shocked to see the pretty face and the maple syrup colored loose curls peering through the doorway. She looked as surprised to see him as he was to see her.

"Umm, hi... Do you mind if I work in here with you? I don't want to bother you or anything. If it's a problem I can find a different studio or something..." the little beauty queen trailed off and stared at him expectantly. She had sounded a bit shy, but he could tell by the expression on her face she wasn't intimidated by him in the least. In fact, he thought she might be able to kick his ass if she wanted to. Sweet but tough. It was an interesting combination. He laughed.

"I don't mind at all. You may be a distraction, but I think I would be more distracted if you left than if you stayed." A crooked grin pulled at the corners of his mouth.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She shot back.

"Oh, umm, nothing. Nothing offensive, I mean. It's just that, oh never mind. I'd like for you to stay. Company would be nice."

"Ok. But do you mind if I put on some music?"

"No, but only if it's rock. Something says it will be, but I wanted to make sure." Thank god she finally smiled, he thought to himself. She's pretty, but damn, she'd take a lot of work to get warmed up.

"Is there another kind of music?"

He smiled that time. He couldn't believe it was Gin O'Neill. He knew who she was but they weren't friends. He wasn't sure that he'd even ever talked to her before. She had quite a reputation. Mostly with the frat boys. Jackasses. She looked nicer than he had heard she was, but he could already tell she didn't take any more crap from people than she wanted to. What he knew best about her was her art, which was frequently displayed in university shows. It was fantastic.

Something about her intrigued him. Maybe it was the spirit and passion he saw in her art. She definitely wasn't the average girl. He thought she was probably twenty one, like him, but he wasn't sure. He couldn't get past how cute she was. He had seen her around campus frequently and he thought he had had a class with her the previous year, but he'd never noticed her this way before. Maybe it's just because it's been so long since I've been with someone, he thought. Somehow he just didn't quite believe that.

She was probably 5'6" and she was curvy but slender and athletic. Strong but very feminine. He guessed she didn't weigh much; she looked like he could easily pick her up with one arm. Not that he would try just yet; she might tear him apart. He noticed her eyes quickly. They were aquamarine. Almond shaped pools of Caribbean Sea water framed by dark dreamy lashes and perfect arched eyebrows. Her nose was more prominent than most girls' but it wasn't too big. Her lips were full and looked soft and made for an amazing smile. She had a spattering of light freckles across her nose and her skin was a creamy shade of pale ivory. She was wearing a clingy vintage rock concert t-shirt, old ripped lowrise jeans, flip flops even though it could snow out, and a ski coat. Definitely an artist. Aren laughed to himself and Gin looked at him like he was crazy.

* * *

Gin couldn't believe who she saw in the studio. Aren Black. What luck. I'm going to have to share a studio with him. Gin didn't know Aren well, but she didn't like him. He seemed arrogant and rude; stuck up and aloof. She wasn't into that kind of guy. It was like he knew he was gorgeous and wanted to flaunt it.

Gorgeous he was. He was a big guy. Tall, probably 6'4". He had an athletic build slightly running on the lean side of muscular, but he was well built none the less. He had dark chocolate brown hair that hung in loose waves just below his shoulders. His eyes were some dark shade that almost looked black. Gin hadn't been close enough to him to tell if they were brown or blue. They were set off by dark, almost heavy brows. His nose was prominent and his chin and jaw-line strong. His facial hair was usually more scruffy than clean-shaven. Gin had never seen him wear anything other than blue jeans and a t-shirt. Totally hot bad boy.

Appearance wise, they were a perfect couple. Gin recognized that but didn't think it meant much. He might be cute but he was still stuck up. And what was the deal with what he said about her not leaving? That was weird. She took the drawing table next to his after turning on the radio and began to think about her project.

"So, Gin, what's your project? Did you get lucky?"

"Funny. Not so much. I did get lucky with surrealism as the style, but the object or scene or whatever is a kitchen."

"A kitchen? Wow, you have to be kidding."

"Definitely am not. What'd you get stuck with?"

"Unfortunately impressionism. And an Italian city scene."

"Wow. How typical. At least it's not a vase of flowers."

Aren laughed. "I hate impressionism. It drains the life from me. And so does drawing a cityscape. I asked if I could put people in it and she said only if they didn't draw attention."

"I've seen some of your realism pieces. You're fantastic. I can see where impressionism wouldn't be your thing. I liked the one you did of the eyes. Totally freakin' awesome. It was like all these animals were staring at me out of the dark."

She couldn't believe she was being friendly. It was just happening. They were getting along. She wasn't trying or anything. She shook her head and turned back to her sketchpad as he began walking back toward his table from the window where he had been since she arrived.

He had to walk behind her to get to his table, she knew that. What didn't make sense was the way he ran his hand across the small of her back as he passed. What disconcerted her even more was the pleasant way it made her shiver. Apparently, he noticed because she saw the grin tugging at his lips as he sat down. What the hell was he doing?

She hated that she wanted him physically. Why do I never go for nice guys? I always want the ones who are probably just in it for the sex. I don't have a reason to think he would be any different. He couldn't be. Could he? Damn. Why is this happening? I can't like him. Unless I had the wrong impression of him. I don't usually do that. To trust first impressions or give him another chance... that is the question. She glanced at him and the playfully cute way he raised his eyebrows and grinned when his eyes met hers made her decide on the latter with a sigh.

* * *

She's too much. I can't not make a move. What the hell? I thought she was such a bitch. She's been nice though. And funny. And she didn't say anything when I touched her back. That was obviously unnecessary contact and she knew it. She liked it. I felt her shiver. She smiled at me. She looks like she wants me but isn't sure she should go for it. I wonder why. She keeps looking over here but she doesn't want me to know. It's adorable. I wonder if she's realized I haven't taken my eyes off her since she came in the door.

"Gin."

"Aren." She looked at him expectantly with her eyebrows slightly raised. "Yes?"

"I want to paint you."

"Paint the image of me, or actually paint me?"

He wasn't sure she was playing along until he saw the wickedly playful sparkle in her eyes. "Both," he said. His voice had gotten husky. Damn, I bet she's hot in bed. If she puts even a tenth of the passion she puts into her art into her sex life it'll be a something a guy won't ever forget.

* * *

Gin and Aren worked almost silently for the next few hours. Occasionally one or the other would sing along with a favorite song on the radio and twice Gin stood up and danced, but they didn't talk much. Gin noticed that Aren kept looking over at her. She knew that because she kept looking at him.

Around midnight, Aren stood up and began packing his things.

"Hey, come on. I'll walk you to your car."

"You don't have to."

"I know. You're a big girl in a tiny package. You can take care of yourself. I can still walk you to your car."

Gin laughed. "Fine. If it's worth arguing about. I'll get ready to go."

The nearest parking lot to the art building was quite a distance away. The two walked quietly for a few moments. Then Aren muttered almost inaudibly "I thought you were such a bitch."

He expected her to be mad, instead she grinned and shook her head. "Well, I can't hold that against you. You're not totally wrong. Just out of curiosity, what do you think now?"

She thought she saw a hint of flush rise on his cheeks. When he cleared his throat, she knew she was right. "Well, umm, don't take this the wrong way... but cute." He grinned, then continued. "And pleasant and funny. I know you're a wild thing, and honestly, I'm a little afraid of you, but it's not enough to stop me..."

Gin was confused by what he meant by the last part of his answer until she realized that they had arrived at her car and he, no sooner than the words had left his lips, spun her around and pressed her body between his and the car.

Aren looked at her face for a few moments. His face was close enough she could feel his breath. She wasn't shocked that he was going to kiss her. What did shock her was the expression on his face. It was gentle and warm and just enough lusty to be irresistible. He dropped his sketchpad and backpack and circled her waist with his arms to pull her closer. She tilted her head back slightly as he lowered his mouth to hers. The kiss was light and warm. He pulled back slightly to look into her eyes, seemingly for approval. Gin gave him the answer he wanted by snaking a hand around the back of his neck and pulling him back to her for another kiss. He pressed into her so hard she felt light headed.

Finally, when both of them broke apart for a much needed breath, Gin softly cupped the side of his face and whispered "Better go. You know how to find me." With that, she gently broke his hold. He stood and stared with an adorable boyish grin on his face as she drove away.

She couldn't believe she was actually hot for Aren Black, though she was beginning to reconsider her opinion of him. Even if he really is a jackass, the physical part could still be fun. Is that all I really want this time? Damn, this sucks. I don't know what I want. Much to her chagrin, she couldn't stop herself from replaying his every touch in her mind and hoping he really did know how to find her.