Impressive Miss Jones

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her initial wave of success had died anyway and when she was called in to a meeting and invited to accept a 25% reduction in her retainer and a review again in six months, she was mortified and decided she should move on before the real slide in her career commenced.

At home she began composing a list of her assets:

Face, body, personality, presence all were given ticks.

Education halted that encouraging progress. She possessed bachelor degree in fine arts (interior design) but who would be impressed by that? Satin placed a question mark against that entry.

Modeling experience gained a tick, formal modeling training gained a cross.

Satin sighed and deleted that page on her laptop.

She sighed again and smiled thinking she'd acquired dress sense style and was expert on make-up and apart from limited experience, she was now fairly well fitted to become a hooker.

There must be something better and her resignation was accepted without appeals to stay or the promise of a future lift in her earnings. She left New York and returned to Chicago.

CHAPTER 2

Finally the job-seeking Satin, now twenty-six, found success. She was hired by a major development company to show luxury apartments to prospective buyers. The salary was attractive but so were many of the women in the room waiting to be interviewed. Satin realized she faced hot competition. She was amazed later when the director of sales and marketing told Satin she'd won the position because of her degree with a major in interior design.

Holy fuck, she'd thought. Education does mean something.

The company operated only in Chicago and had apartments ready for occupancy, under construction or repossessed after breaches of contract and she was invited to choose her area to work in. Her apartment and entire experience in the city spanning two years when working in advertising had been the central business district and she choose that, ignoring the advice that 'showing' in outer districts was less demanding.

Satin was now used to working within walking distance of her apartment and she decided to continue living like that.

The director of sales and marketing, Lucy Holmes, was a dynamic person of forty-five and Satin appeared to appeal to her. Satin hoped that wasn't sexual appeal.

"Darling I have been with the company nine years and in that time you're the first sales recruit we've engaged, including licensed sales people, who appears to have everything desirable to engage in showing apartments. You have the looks, charm and poise, a wonderful smile, amazing teeth and are academically qualified oh, and have knowledge about design and decor. You have no idea what a great acquisition for the company I believe you are. If you succeed I receive spin-off benefit."

That told Satin something. It wasn't sex that was motivating Lucy, she was out to feather her own nest.

"It's so lovely having you as my ultimate boss Lucy. I guess I am free to come to you for advice if my supervisor appears inadequate in that department."

"Oh yes surely darling. And if you ever need a date just give me a call. I have a brother who has just gone through a grueling divorce."

Huh? So Satin had been targeted as a possible date for poor hurt brother. My god, couldn't women be so ruthless, Satin thought, but accepted what Lucy had said about Satin having all the good assets required to deal with people seeking to acquire top apartments.

Satin returned from a three-week training school. Her class consisted of four other females and one male so the studies were intimate and very friendly. She had sex with the guy only once and she assumed so had at least two of the other females judging by body language. They were one-off engagements because the guy was married, happily married or so he claimed. Then why... oh well wasn't the grass always greener on the other side of the fence, she giggled.

The main instructor came on to her but Satin fended her off as she habitually did with predatory females... well ever since college. She continued to believe she'd learnt more about great sexual technique from females than she had from males. Females tended to get into it for total immersion rather than focusing on getting off.

The training had been conducting in mornings. Afternoons were spent in learning from the company's architects and engineers (mostly their juniors) about site selection, design and construction and then they accompanied professional teams on final inspection of apartments and after that were each assigned to an experienced person at showing apartments and worked beside them for two weeks where they polished their knowledge about not acting in any manner like a selling agent.

When that period ended she had a week's break and then decided, with Lucy's encouragement, to begin studies for her real estate broker's license because that would increase her flexibility within the industry and also allow her to work on commission and if successful she could really boost her earnings.

When Satin gained her license, Lucy offered her a 3-year contract to bind her to the company.

The pitch was Lucy would place Satin in the elite sales team who were given the cream of clients on the presumption the people in that team were the most likely to clinch big sales.

Satin thought after a couple of years making big money she might be ready to buy a partnership in a real estate business and so negotiated for a 2-year contract with inclusion of a scaled bonus-related performance.

"Christ you are a fine negotiator darling, Lucy said. "I had entered this thinking I'd agree to a 3-year term but you rolled me."

"Oh come on Lucy, I knew you wanted me on your team because of my potential and if you didn't agree to my demand for a 2-year term you'd know I'd not sign."

"Darling if that isn't barrel-rolling negotiation what do you call it?"

"Oh yeah? Let's go out for a drink."

Satin realized that afternoon in a bar she and Lucy had grown a relationship that had become rather like mother and daughter. Lucy had even disclosed that she was the mistress of Howard Hosking, chairman of Pinnacle Group Holdings, the parent of the development company that employed them.

The confidence gained from more advanced training, including comprehensive knowledge of many aspects of real estate law and taxation considerations, sent Satin's budding career in real estate on a real roll.

Some months after gaining her broker's license, she purchased an 18-month old red Mercedes 350 coupe and soon after took ten days off work to go for a long drive. She went to reunite with her mother who had remarried.

Satin arrived and her mom and new family rushed out to greet her.

Janice cried and hugged her hugely and then introduced Satin to the others.

"This is Mal, who is chief design engineer with the city council and he's such a lovely man."

"Hi Satin, I guess you are my step-daughter."

"Well yes, I suppose I am. That's so lovely."

They kissed and Mal said, "You mother has photos of you but I must say Satin, those photos don't do you justice. You are ravishing beautiful."

"Thank you Mal."

He looked pleased she called him Mal and said, "These are my daughters Silver who's nineteen and is doing an engineering degree and Iona, who finishes high school this year and will go on to study for a music degree. She's a violinist."

"Hi girls."

"Hi Satin," they said, looking at Satin admiringly.

"A cool car," Silver said.

Satin opened the driver's door and said, "Take it for a short drive Silver. Go with her Iona."

Their father said nervously, "Satin... car insurance considerations..."

"It's okay Mal. Silver just drive carefully and within the law. It's a 7-speed auto and six-cylinders, not a V8. Everything is pretty straightforward."

"Dad has a new Chrysler 300 and I drive that."

"Great enjoy."

As the girls got in the car and Silver sat checking out the controls, Satin said, "Come inside guys. We standing here watching could make Silver nervous."

The interior of the three rooms that Satin saw had been recently redecorated.

"Well what can I pour you Satin?"

"A wine later thanks Mal. Mom I've been driving seven hours with a couple of breaks. May I have coffee and a sandwich?"

"Yes dear."

"I like the look of this house guys."

"My first wife died two years ago," Mal said. "When your mother and I decided to get married eight months ago we agreed it would be best to sell both houses and start with a new slate."

"That was a great idea. It's about 15-years old isn't it, redecorated by the look around her prior to sale and that extension to the kitchen looks fairly recent?"

"Yes it's sixteen years old and that extension is eighteen months old. Are you in real estate?"

"Yes, I sell apartments in central Chicago."

"But I thought you were a model in New York," Janice said. "I read a number of articles about you."

"Well the demand to engage me at my high fees was tailing off and I took off before my agency began to offer me at a discount. I'd had enough of it anyway. The work is rather unreal."

Mal said, "But real estate is bricks and mortar so to speak."

"Yes and it sounds corny but it's something like selling people their dreams because ours are mainly new apartments. Um Mal while the girls are away I'd like to say mom and I haven't been in touch since I walked out when dad and mom had a fearsome row over dad's adultery. I didn't want them to split but mom told me she wanted a divorce and that I could live with her. I was so upset that I split and have remained out of contact until now because it's only recently I have felt settled again."

Janice began crying and Mal hugged her and said, "Girls the best thing to do is to bury the past."

"Agreed," Satin cried and her mom rushed to her to be hugged.

The visit left Satin feeling greatly satisfied. She was pleased her mom was so well settled and appeared very happy. She also felt she was 'family' again and liked her stepfather and step-sisters. When her mom had said on the phone she'd remarried Satin hadn't known what to expect but thought her mom had entered re-marriage slowly rather than on the rebound and so she'd been somewhat optimistic.

Her step-sister Iona was studious and very nice. Silver was very vivacious and had introduced Satin to her girlfriends who all appeared to regard Satin as still being a top model, ignoring being told she worked in real estate. Satin was astonished just how interested the girls were in make-up and fashion. That made her realize she'd become out of touch with young people.

When leaving on Sunday afternoon, she invited the family to visit her in Chicago.

* * *

Journalists began calling Satin to interview her as a business personality and she was photographed at functions, usually in the company of a handsome, well-dressed guy but rarely the same guy. Lucy approved of this exposure, saying it was good for the company, and without being asked by Lucy Satin made it a condition of publication of any interview that the full name of her employing company be used.


As to be expected, some of the sales team were jealous of Satin but she was difficult to put down because mentally she was so strong. Usually it was the females who confronted her but if they alleged she was Lucy's pet or pushing herself at the expense of others in the team, Satin would just smile and invite them to complain to management or do more to get themselves into the limelight.

Then one woman lost it completely and slapped Satin just as Lucy approached. Lucy interviewed them separately and as a result Jill was suspended for a cooling down period but two days later resigned. That ended the confrontations that Satin had regarded as being a minor nuisance anyway.

As her workload increased she gained Lucy's permission to invite on of the team to join her as a sales associate to take care of the overflow and only one salesperson applied. Satin and Lucinda marketed themselves and became highly effective and resorted to offering excess work to the team's admim manager to distribute to avoid claims of favoritism.

Of course others in the team were also successful but Satin and Lucinda was out on their own within the company.


Lucinda Wallis was four years older than Satin and they quickly became firm friends and shifted into a new apartment together. Raised in Chicago, Lucinda had a boyfriend, Lance Shields whom she'd met as a college freshman and she urged Satin to find a steady boyfriend so she always had someone 'on tap' and they could go out as a foursome.

"Guys don't want me as a girlfriend. They are just out to screw me so they can boast they've had sex with Satin Jones."

Lucinda almost slurped her Martini.

"God you can be so upfront," giggled the slightly reserved woman. "You could be just right for my youngest step-brother Max Gaynor."

"What the architect?"

"Yes and I'm surprised you know him?"

"He's lean and very athletic with tight blond curls?"

"Yes," Lucinda said curiously. "But he's never in the limelight."

"He was one of the architects who spoke to our small group when we did our advance induction course."

"Ah yes. I started two years ahead of you and he urged me to switch to our firm. He'd been the on-site supervising architect on one of our parent company's projects."

"So what's the problem, don't girls like him?"

"I have no idea expect he's very fussy about who he dates."

"Well that's me out of his scope."

Lucinda looked at Satin and said, "No you are probably right for him."

"What when he's that fussy? Come on Lucinda, this is Chicago where hordes of women are on the prowl. Men can afford to be fussy."

Lucinda said, "You have no idea do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean your potential to be enormously attractive to some men and by that I just don't mean your body and looks."

Satin laughed a little uncertainly. "I think this Martini is a little too strong for you darling."

But that didn't stop them having another before they went out to dinner.

Lucinda, Lance and Satin had arranged to a movie and dinner on Sunday evening. Lance arrived. At the cinema a guy came up to them and Satin giggled and said, "Hi Max. Naughty Lucinda who's over collecting the tickets made no mention of this to me. Please don't go ahead with this if it embarrasses you."

"No you are okay. I'm surprised you recognized me."

Satin looked shocked and said, "I'm only okay?"

Lance was rocking on his heels in laughter and Max hasted to say that okay meant very okay and it was a privilege to be with Satin socially.

She continued to glare at him.

"Please accept my apology."

Her smile bloomed and she said, "Yes of course Max. Here comes Lucinda. Please take my arm to avoid going through another round of awkward introductions."

"God you are in command," he grinned and couldn't stop looking at her.

The movie was marginally okay for the men and the women loved it. Well it was a romance with sex and soppiness and sugar-coated background music galore. But the restaurant impressed the men with a bar stocked with 40 different beers according to the claim of the illuminated sign. There was also plenty of room between tables and the prices reflected that concession but it meant they didn't have the usual feeling of dinning in a crowded bazaar.

Midway through the meal Max teased, "It doesn't take much selling apartments does it, I mean the architects have done all the design and won approval of the client?"

"God Max, you are so naïve," Lucinda enthused. "Most apartment seekers have so many options rattling around in their minds they are adrift, not really knowing what they want. The fact is a good selling broker can sell any apartments warts and all."

"Well not some of the way-out currently designed apartments I bet," Max said.

"Well if you require that comment to be attacked, listen to our most successful and knowledgeable broker sitting opposite you," Lucinda smirked.

"No Lucinda, you are defending the fort very well. Stay in batting for property brokers."

"Knowledgeable? Well that's a subjective argument," Max smiled. "Let it rip Satin."

"Satin's degree is in interior design and she's almost completed her MBA because she doesn't expect to spend the rest of her working life selling property."

"Well I don't doubt you have the academic qualification Satin but let's put your knowledge to test. What have you to say about the interior of these premises?"

"This is childish," she protested.

"Come on Satin," Lance said. "You have been challenged. I'd like to hear your response because I think you are the sort of person to surprise Max."

"Well very well. The layout is excellent, based on a model used in spacious and quality restaurants world-wide. A huge asset is the high vaulted ceiling that by design processes a lot of the noise associated with restaurants and it also gives clientele a feeling of spaciousness and pleasing ambiance. But there's where my praise stops. Just look at the décor... it's a dog's breakfast. My guess is this establishment has had three major partial makeovers and hence the problem. The last two were done when the walls and ceiling and major subdivisions needed to be stripped right back. If you look closely you'll see signs of Spanish décor that probably was the original design, and then came French and then pseudo-Mediterranean with, strangely some touches of American contemporary influence. As I said, it's a dog's breakfast."

They all looked at Max, who was grinning.

"My goodness Satin, you do have expertise that would give you a huge edge in selling to people wanting questions about interior design answered. That was a first-class assessment and I congratulate you. Even your comment on this flowing layout and its international design basics interested me as it indicated your depth of knowledge."

Satin said anyone well-read and with understanding of the basics of restaurant design and décor could have answered Max's question well. He said agreed but said very few could have answered as well as she did especially when not being pre-warned that such a question would be asked.

"I suggest you accept that I, a professional designer, am greatly impressed.

Satin exhibited her delight, causing Lucinda to murmur loud enough to be heard around the table, "Omigod she can blush. That's something I've learnt about her."

Max watched Satin undress. The more she shed the more he tensed and focused. They'd gone to a riverside lodge for S&RR (sex and rest and recreation), arriving mid-afternoon Friday and were due to leave for the city mid-morning Monday. As soon as they'd entered their luxury cabin she'd said, "I prefer to start the weekend with a bang."

They'd only groped on their two dates so far and to confirm he had guessed her desire correctly, Max asked did she mean sex?

"Yes or do you have an alternative activity on your mind?"

"No a bang would be fine. Please by gentle with me."

Satin stared at him thoughtfully, reaching the conclusion Max had tried to crack a joke. There was hope for him yet and perhaps their association might endure.

The admiration on his face as Satin removed her bra and panties was pretty to watch. He made her feel proud of herself and thought he was excellent at stroking her emotionally, probably because he appeared really fond of her. But sadly she knew Mr Nice was just too nice for her. She preferred her males to have more 'up and go' and okay, if they lacked in sensitivity but left her sexually gratified then the trade-off was worth it at her time in life.

Max slid on to the bed beside her when nude and nicely erect. He kissed a nipple and stroked up and down her rib cage under her left arm for some reason. Only when she began to groan in frustration did his tongue sink into her mouth and his fingers penetrate into her lubing vagina.