Impressive Miss Jones

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I own and operate Cody's Fitness Gym and I know little about finance and management but I'm our expert on fitness and body shaping."

"Well I don't know anything about gyms but suggest there can only be three reasons to explain poor performance of your business. The first is declining patronage and/or rising bad debts."

"Our membership is our best ever and it can't be bad debts because they are nil. We only provide services to members and if members are not currently financial they don't get through the doors."

"The second area to examine is to find if your expenditure on new equipment, repairs, building maintenance, rent and other outgoings exceeding budgets?"

"I'm sure they are not."

"Then all I can suggest Cody is bad news, that you have an embezzler in your midst."

Other conversations stopped and Cody looked at his father.

"Dad suggested that but Mrs Knight and I investigated thoroughly and found nothing of concern."

He caught Satin's reaction and demanded, "What?"

"I think you personally should call in an outside auditor."

"Why, come on tell me why?"

"Cody I know nothing about your company and..."

"Satin I'm asking you to tell me what you think."

"Very well, my guess is the embezzler can only be you or Mrs Knight."

"Mrs Knight," Cody said looking aghast. "But she had been chief administrator and accountant for twelve years before I purchased the gym where I was senior trainer. She is my most trusted employee."

"Just hire outside auditors Cody. I have nothing further to say about this."

"Dad?"

"Do as Satin says son. Because Mrs Knight is such a lovely person you and I chose not to have her investigated."

"Very well, I'll do that but this has upset me. I'm leaving now. Bye everyone," he said, avoiding looking at Satin.

James went out with Cody and Satin said she should leave too.

"Nonsense," Hannah said. "The girls and I are most interested to hear about your brilliant career, especially those years when you were a model working in New York."

"Brilliant career? What you mean a rise from my teen years to where I am now, and it been like a fairy tale ascent. Well guys do I have news for you."

James arrived back just in time to hear Satin start and the two kids drifted off to play. The adults listened fascinated as Satin related what a grind it had been to obtained the successes that had come her way.

Later when Satin was leaving, Hannah and her daughters came to the sidewalk to kiss Satin goodbye before she entered the cab.

"We hope to see you again Satin," Hannah said. "Thank you for giving information to my son that might be the answer he's been looking for. It was a huge shock to have Mrs Knight named a possible embezzler. You must understand she has been like a second mother to Cody since he was appointed gym manager six years ago and provided huge support for him when he purchased the business, taking out a huge loan."

"I understand and can tell you he won't like what is found."


Three weeks later, Cody came into James' office and smiled at his dad and Satin.

"It's all over."

"Shut the door Satin and pour three coffees please," James said.

Cody said Mrs Knight had confessed and through her attorney had transferred a considerable amount of money back to Cody's company, amounting to just over four-fifths she was found by independent audit to have siphoned off the company illegally. She'd resigned from her job and as a director of the company and as part of the deal had been reported to the police as having stolen just $30,000 from the company.

She'd been arrested and charged with theft and as agreed, would plead guilty in court to avoid facing further accusations and would not defend the theft charge. If found guilty, she'd be struck off registration as a chartered public accountant.

"That cunning old bitch," Cody sighed. "It's all but over now. Um how may I reward you Satin?"

Satin was aware Cody's family were lovely and he was rather okay. Those things represented what was missing from her life.

"A date would be lovely, or a series of dates would be even better," she smiled.

Cody stood to leave and scratched his left ear. "What about tonight at 7:00?"

"Perfect," she smiled.

THE END