In a Class of His Own Ch. 03

Story Info
Hot for tutor.
10.2k words
4.83
45.8k
41

Part 3 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/08/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,299 Followers

Mom met me at the airport.

- "Your friend Steve was going to come, but he was in a car accident the other day." she said.

- "What? When? Is he alright?"

- "He's in the hospital. His arm was broken, and his leg, too."

I drove Mom home, and then borrowed her car to go to the hospital. Steve was asleep - medicated - when I got there, but the nurse told me that they were going to wake him up, to feed him. His family had definitely been there - he was surrounded by stuffed bears, because he was a big fan of the Chicago Bears. I sat down to wait.

I was there when he opened his eyes. He was a bit dopey, but he smiled when he saw me. "Chris! Hey - how was the trip? Sorry I couldn't meet you at the airport."

That's the kind of friend Steve was. He had casts on his left arm, and his left leg - and his first thought was about me.

His nurse was a bit bossy; she shooed me out while they fed him, as if I'd be in the way. By the time they let me back in, Steve wasn't quite so groggy.

- "What happened?" I asked.

- "Ah, I wasn't paying attention. And I was pissed off - Kayla had just dumped me. I was driving home, in a bad mood, and I stopped at a light. When it turned green, I hit the gas. Drunk driver running the red t-boned me."

- "Damn! How fast was he going?"

- "Totalled the car. I was lucky, though. Bruised ribs, bruised hip, and my neck hurts." said Steve. "Plus these." He pointed at the casts. "But I'll be OK."

We talked about his injuries a bit more, until I was sure that he was indeed going to be alright.

- What happened with Kayla?" I asked.

- "I was playing it too slow. She met some other guy. Still wants to be friends. You know."

- "I'm sorry."

- "Not your fault. Looks like I should've gone on the trip with you after all. How was it? Awesome, right?"

- "It was pretty good."

- "It was better than that! I can tell by your face. Come on - I got the postcards, but I want some details."

I told Steve the whole story. Moe, Ireland, Nina. Amsterdam, Belgium, France, and Celine. Italy, Greece, and Karen. He interrupted me frequently, to say 'You're kidding', or 'No way'. He had questions, too.

- "Must be the drugs." he said. "Are you telling me that you went away for three months, and hooked up with three beautiful women? Who the hell are you - and what have you done with my friend Chris?"

- "I know." I said. "I'm not sure that I believe it myself."

- "Listen, as soon as I get out of here - and off the painkillers - you and I are going for a few beers. And you're going to tell me the whole story again, from the start!"

- "When will that be?"

- "I get out tomorrow, or the day after. Something like that. Then I have to lie flat on my back for another week or so."

Steve's parents and his sister arrived. They were pleased to see me, as I was to see them. I liked his family.

- "I'll get out of your way." I said. "Just wanted to be sure he's alright."

- "He gave us quite a scare." said Steve's Mom. "But don't leave on our account. You're welcome to stay."

- "Before, you go, Chris -" said Steve. "Take this number down. Call Mr. Janek."

- "Who's that?"

- "My boss. Ask him about my job. I already told him about you."

- "You what? Why? Steve, I don't want to steal your job." I said.

- "He's going to hire somebody, Chris. I told him that you were reliable and hard-working. Call him." Steve worked in a warehouse, for decent money - much more than I had ever made. I still felt guilty about taking his job, but he insisted.

When I got home from the hospital, I found that I had mail. It was from Nina.

Dear Chris, I can't believe it - there was a letter from you waiting for me when I got home. What a wonderful surprise! And the following day, when I was beginning to plan my answer, another letter arrived!

I feel very flattered, that you were thinking of me so much, and that you were so thoughtful. I was thinking about you, too.

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. So did I. The highlight, of course, was meeting you. Now that look back on it, though, I'm amazed that you didn't say anything at the Cliffs of Moher. What if we had never met at York?

And Windermere ... I will never forget.

There was more - much more, about her family, and school, and about me. And Nina had enclosed a photograph. I had completely forgotten about it. In the hostel at Windermere, Nina had passed her camera to another girl, and asked her to take a picture of us.

She was holding her small backpack, bulging with the food we had taken for a picnic,, and she had her other arm around me. We were both smiling. I'm not particularly photogenic, but it was a really good photo of me - for a change. And she looked ... wow.

***

I helped get Steve home from the hospital, and set up at home. Three nights later, I met a group of friends, including Glen and Ellen, at a pub downtown.

Big hugs. Loud shouts of 'Chris!' Then Glen and Ellen took turns telling me all about their trip - their trip which had ended over two months ago. I smiled, and listened. When I got the chance, though, I asked Ellen about her sister.

- "Moe? She works all the time. I hardly ever talk to her." she said.

- "Could you give me her phone number, Ellen? I want to say hi."

Ellen looked at me as if I was insane - but she gave me Moe's number.

I got Steve's job. Mr. Janek said he'd try me out. It was a small warehouse, behind a Cash and Carry outlet. Too small for a forklift, which meant that we carried and loaded boxes onto cube vans, and small trucks, mostly using a dolly. Heavy boxes. I worked my ass off, so that Steve wouldn't look like a dick for recommending me.

I also called Moe.

- "Hello?"

- "Moe?"

- "Speaking. Who's this?"

- "Chris - your little brother. You saved me from getting my head kicked in, in London. Remember? Ted? The Saracen's Head?" (that was the name of the pub)

- "Chris! Welcome back - how are you?"

- "Very well. How about you?"

- "I'm fine. What's up? Why are you calling me?"

- "Seriously?" I said. "After all of your coaching, and your tutoring, you're not the least bit interested in how the rest of my trip went?"

She laughed. "So, what - you got lucky?"

I paused. I counted to three.

- "I did. Three times."

- "What?"

- "And I'll tell you all about it, Moe. But I want to take you to dinner, and thank you properly. After all, I couldn't have done it without you."

She didn't answer right away, but she didn't say no, either. Moe was intrigued, curious to find out what I was hinting at.

- "Where?"

I named a British pub on the edge of the university campus.

"Low budget." she said.

- "Nostalgia." I replied. "To remind you of London."

- ""Hmm."

- "The expensive will come later. On our first date. This is just two good friends getting together. Me saying thank you for what you did for me."

- "First date? You're getting cocky." she said.

- "I haven't asked you out." I said. "This is just a thank you."

There was a pause, on the other end of the line.

"Alright, I'm curious. You have a car?"

- "I can get one."

- "I can drive. I'll pick you up at 7:00. Friday." she said.

- "That sounds great." I said.

***

- "How was your trip?" I asked Moe, when she picked me up.

- "Not bad. I liked Paris." she said.

- "Glen said that you really enjoyed Munich."

Moe laughed. "What a doofus. He and I my sister got wasted, and I had to get them back to our pension safe and sound."

I related my latest meeting with Glen and Ellen.

"Honestly." she said. "He's an idiot. But so is she, so I guess they make a good couple."

- "Did you enjoy your trip?" I asked.

- "Yeah. It was great. But it's your adventures I want to hear about."

We settled in at the Dog and Pony, in a corner booth. Moe had washed her hair, but she hadn't bothered to style it. I don't think she had even combed it. She wore a 'Clash - London Calling' t-shirt, and a pair of jeans. If she was sending me a message, it was simple: no big deal.

But there was still something about her. Celine was hotter, sexier. Karen was prettier, and had a better body. But Moe had ... I don't know what it was.

I told her about Nina.

- "Wow ... really?" she said. "She sounds like a female version of you. OK - that sounds a bit kinky. But you know what I mean."

I described my meeting with Celine, and our time together.

- "Shit, Chris - that's hot. I'm not bi, or anything ... but from the sound of it, I'd do her. You're a lucky bastard."

- "It wasn't luck." I said. "It was your advice."

- "Nah." she said. "Nina sounds like she was right up your alley. As for Celine ... shit. I think you just won the lottery on that one."

I told her about Greece, and meeting Karen.

"Are you serious?" she said. "That's amazing. And you're saying you wouldn't have done anything, except that we had those talks on the plane, and in London?"

"Nah." She shook her head. " I don't buy it. You just got hit by lightning, twice in a row."

- "Twice?" I said.

- "Your Nina? Totally you - old Chris. You saw a beautiful girl, and started planning the wedding. You were imagining ... I don't know ... growing old together. Right?"

I couldn't deny it.

"As for Celine ... shit - I have to go to Barcelona, if that's the kind of stuff that happens there. I will take partial credit for your Greek chick, if you want. Sounds like you read her signals just right."

"Except you might have missed one thing: she sounds like a submissive. You should probably have tied her up, and spanked her, or something."

I laughed aloud.

- "I owe you a lot, Moe." I said.

- "Who knew? I was just talking to you to pass the time. I never expected it to work out like that. Oh. Look at that."

- "What?" I asked.

- "My beer is empty." she said. "Are you buying, or what?"

***

I worked my ass off at the warehouse. It was physical labour, and I could feel it in my back, my knees and my shoulders. But it also paid much better than any job I'd ever had. To pay tuition I had worked in a grocery store, painted houses, and one summer I worked for a moving company - brutally hard work, that left you exhausted at the end of the day, for shitty pay.

That was why I took every shift I could get with Mr. Janek. He really liked Steve, so I think that he was pre-disposed to like me. And he appreciated it when I took all of the Christmas and New Year shifts that the other guys didn't want.

Another letter arrived, from Nina. I answered, at length, telling her about the job, and my plans. I had taken a year off, to travel and work. But now I was quite certain that teacher's college was what I wanted to do in the fall.

My parents decided that if I was working, and making so much money, then I could afford to pay rent. They had a point, I suppose.

On the social side, I got together with old friends, once in a while. But when I saw the girls that were part of our 'circle', they mostly struck me as just different versions of Ellen, or Carol - shallow, or self-obsessed. And in the looks department, none of them could hold a candle to Nina, or Celine, or Karen.

I also discovered that the rules were quite different, back home. On holiday, there was a certain freedom: no one who knew you was around, so there was that 'What happens in Santorini, stays in Santorini' vibe. People are more relaxed on holiday, even slightly euphoric. And finally, there was the time element - 'If I don't talk to her now, I may never see her again'.

But at home, the girls that I saw gave off far fewer signals - and mixed signals, at that. They were out with friends, paying attention to conversations and all sorts of other goings-on. By contrast, the three girls I had met in Europe were on their own. I had enjoyed their undivided attention.

Mostly, I just hung out with Steve as he recovered from the accident. The cast came off his arm six weeks after the accident, but he was still in the leg cast for another 3 weeks after that. He was weak, as the muscles had atrophied, and it took him a while longer to get back in shape. It wasn't until the end of March that he came back to work.

I had been afraid that I would be let go, but Mr. Janek wanted to keep us both. A couple of the part-time guys had their hours cut, and one quit, but Steve and I got all the work we wanted. And we both wanted it.

- "We should get a place together." he said. "Move out."

- "Can we afford it?"

- "You're already paying rent at home." he pointed out.

Steve found an apartment above a health food store. It was small, and had that 'starving artist' look. But the place had character, it was right downtown, and best of all - the price was right. My parents shook their heads, the first time they saw it, but I didn't care.

I was writing to Nina once a month. We had become pen-pals. She was finishing her third year in St Louis, with one more to go. I had already told her about Steve; now I described our little 'poor student' apartment.

Sounds great! (she wrote back) Didn't you say that your friend Steve was a Bears fan? You guys should come down for a game - I could get you tickets. I go home some weekends, so it would be easy to arrange.

It would be wonderful to see you again.

I had already told Steve about Nina, and had shown him the photo she'd sent me.

- "Wow! And she's from Chicago?" he had said. "Now I see why you keep writing to her."

When I told him about Nina's offer, Steve took about a second and a half to make up his mind. "I'm in. When?"

We had a good, long look at the Bears' upcoming schedule. We were both excited at the prospect of seeing a game at Soldier Field, but not in December. It would also be more fun if they were playing a quality opponent. One date stuck out, near the end of September.

Just to give Nina some options, we made a second, and even a third choice, so that she would have some flexibility. I wrote back to her, telling her how keen we both were.

Bears game, Soldier Field, Chicago ... how can we resist? But I am also eagerly looking forward to seeing you again.

Her response came back about a month later. She had included a diagram of the stadium (remember, no internet back then), and had highlighted the section where our seats would be. Four tickets - Nina would bring a friend along.

- "She's a miracle worker!" said Steve. "I liked her already, but now ... and she's bringing a friend? A cute one?"

I ignored him, and finished reading my letter. I especially liked the last lines.

Love,

Nina

P.S. - I can't wait.

***

(a few months earlier)

I could've sworn that Moe had enjoyed our first get-together. I told her about my adventures in Europe, and thanked her for all the advice she had given me. We laughed, and the talk flowed freely. But I had the feeling that she didn't take me seriously.

I wanted to change her mind. So I set out to show her that I wasn't her 'little brother', or some kind of reclamation project, anymore. The student was ready to graduate. And I thought I could succeed.

But when I called her again, to ask her out, she turned me down. She was 'busy' that whole weekend. I didn't believe her.

Two weeks later, I tried again. Same result.

Patience, then. And persistence. Despite the difference in our ages (three years), and the fact that she had started her career - while I would be attending teachers college in the fall - I still thought that I had a shot with her.

In the meantime, I went on a couple of dates with a girl named Barbara, who I had met through a friend. She was a very nice, attractive girl, but we had no chemistry.

Three months after getting home from Europe, I had to face the fact that I wasn't some kind of sex God, and that women weren't going to be throwing themselves at my feet - or at any part of me, for that matter. I wasn't the same guy who had boarded that plane ... but maybe I hadn't changed all that much.

I called Moe again. To my delight, she agreed to meet me for a couple of drinks. When she showed up, she was wearing an old sweatshirt, and her hair was a mess - about as deliberately unsexy as she could get. I didn't mind that at all.

But she also had Ellen and Glen with her.

They did virtually all of the talking. Moe laughed, and dropped a comment here and there. But I never got a chance to speak to her directly, without the other two joining in.

When the sisters went to the bathroom, Glen and I ordered another round of drinks.

- "Is Moe seeing anybody?" I asked him.

- "You mean, like a boyfriend?" he said. "Why? You interested?" Then he laughed.

- "Just curious." I said. "She's so nice. And she's cute. Just wondering if she's single."

- "She was serious with some guy, back before we went to Europe. But now? She goes out with her friends a lot. And she's dated a couple of guys ... I don't know." said Glen. "I like Moe, y'know - but I keep my nose out of her business."

The girls returned.

- "What were you guys talking about?" asked Ellen.

- "You." said Glen. It was the right answer, apparently, because she gave him a long, wet kiss. Moe glanced at me, and rolled her eyes. When Ellen sat down, Glen had to put his foot in it.

"So, Moe - you seeing anybody, now? Chris was asking."

Awkward. Very awkward.

It was my own fault, for saying anything to Glen in the first place. Moe just gave him her patented 'You're a doofus' look.

I was saved by the arrival of our drinks. I paid for them.

- "Ouch!" said Glen. "What?" I think Ellen had just pinched him.

- "Would you excuse us for a moment?" she said, ever so sweetly. She got up, and dragged her boyfriend with her.

- "What'd I do?" we heard him complaining, as she pulled him away.

- "He's such a loser, sometimes." sighed Moe. "But she dotes on him, for some reason."

- "I'm sorry." I said. "I didn't mean to embarrass you."

- "In front of them? That's not embarrassing." she said. "Embarrassing is having you call me up to ask me out."

- "I don't understand. Why would that be embarrassing? You could just say no."

- "I have - you just aren't getting the message." That was one of the things I liked about Moe. She was a straight shooter. Sometimes she could have dressed it up a bit, or softened the blow - but she was certainly direct.

- "You haven't said no." I replied. "You've told me you were busy, or made excuses, but you haven't come straight out and said 'No'. Why not?"

- "Because I didn't want to hurt your feelings." she snapped. "OK? There - I said it."

That hurt. This was not the conversation I had been expecting - or hoping for.

"Look, Chris - you're a nice guy. I like you. And I want you to be successful with women. I'm not sure why I care about that - but I do. It's just ... I'm three years older than you. We move in different circles, have different friends. Our live are at different stages. And I'm not the kind of girl you're looking for."

- "Moe." I said. "How do you know what kind of girl I'm looking for?"

- "I ... I'm just going by ... what I know of you." She was more hesitant, a little less sure of herself.

- "I've changed." I said. "A great deal. But even if I hadn't, it's not like I'm asking you to marry me. I like you. I enjoy your company."

"A very wise friend once told me: Ask her out. Spend some time with her, have fun - maybe get lucky. And then find out if she's the right one for you."

- "You're going to use my own words against me? I didn't see that coming." she said. She shook her head, but she was smiling a little. "Damn - I think I've created a monster."

"Alright - I'll think about it. Give me a little time."

***

I gave her a month. It's hard to explain why I was so interested in Moe. There were other girls I could have asked out, but they didn't have ... that something, that indefinable Moeness. Moe was clever, sharp-tongued, and good company. She was honest, direct, and comfortable in her own skin. And despite her usual dishevelled state - wild hair, loose clothing - I suspected that she was hiding a nice body.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,299 Followers