In Due Time

Story Info
Why was she doing this?
1.4k words
3.82
118.5k
13
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TizWin
TizWin
11 Followers

A short story, no sex, just story.

*

What the fuck? What was going on? Why was she doing this? What was I going to do about it?

Ever been there? I mean, have you ever been through what I was about to go through? Have you ever found out something so surprising, so unbelievable and so disturbing that you had no idea what to do about it? Well friends, neither had I, until now!

Seems like this sort of thing happens all the time, that is if you believe what you read about cheating wives, but it never occurred to me that it could happen to me. I always thought that I was special, you know, the nothing bad ever happens to me kind of guy. Guess I was wrong about that too!

It is funny how your perspective changes when the true situation you find yourself in finally comes to light. Before I discovered the truth of my situation, I perceived my marriage as solid, my beautiful wife as faithful, and my life in general, as really good. Now I see how things really are, and none of what I perceived then is accurate. My marriage has cracked apart, my wife is a total slut, and my life in general is in the shitter!

What changed you might ask, well, apparently only my perception. Turns out my marriage was never any good, my wife has always been a slut, and my life has been a joke ever since I met my wife, only I never knew it until recently!

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, (apologies to Paul McCartney and the Beatles), but man that about sums it up for me. All it took was one business brunch! My firm had set up a business brunch at the downtown Hilton and I was part of the committee responsible for the whole thing. We were just finishing up, everyone was leaving and I was just about ready to head back to the office, when I saw my wife come into the lounge adjacent to the buffet area and take a seat. At first I thought she was looking for me, but she did not know that I was working here at the hotel today, and then I saw her wave and smile at a man that I had never seen before. He went over to her and they embraced and kissed each other like they were long lost lovers. To say I was shocked would be the understatement of all time. My whole world was changed in that one instant. I knew that this was not a unique, one time thing. I just knew they were together in a relationship I could just feel it.

I would like to tell you that I kept quite, just watched them, and waited until I had proof, before I took any action, but that would not be the truth. The truth is I walked into the lounge, went right over to them and said: What the fuck is going on here! The man, Robert Udow was his name, as I found out later, stood up in a confrontational manner and started to say something but never finished, because I laid him out with the best right hand uppercut I have ever thrown. Shelley, my wife, fainted dead away. I must relay that effectively taking out two people with one punch felt damn good, but I wanted to finish what they had started, so I threw a glass of water into each of their faces, and they sputtered back to life. After they came too a little more, I told them to stay seated and to answer my questions if they did not want further misery to befall them. I guess they believed me, because they both did as they were told.

The were no other people in the lounge besides the bartender and he seemed to have lost interest in our little group, so I sat down and started in on them. The first question I asked was; how long? They said since junior college. Next I asked; why? They said because they loved each other. I followed that question by asking where that left me. Shelley answered saying; she loved me too and did not want to lose me, but she loved Robert as well. I told her that was not acceptable to me and that given this little talk, we were officially done. I informed Robert that he should become totally invisible until after our divorce was final, and that if he didn't, I would make him sorry he had not. Shelley knew me well enough to let Robert know that it was not an idle threat. Robert got up and left without even looking back, I knew then that he was a coward, and the type of person Shelley deserved to wind up with. The woman I had loved and cared for since the day I met her, turned out to be a cheating slut, one that wanted only to satisfy herself and everybody else could just be damned.

Loving someone and then finding out your love is wasted is not a pleasant experience, but I was not going to let any of my pain show, I was not going to let her treachery be my undoing, was I? That proved to be easier to say than to do, as I was soon to find out. Everyone that has gone through a divorce can attest to the strange and unfair settlements that they can and often do produce. Our divorce was to be no exception. Since I had not taken the "smart" approach and gotten evidence of her unfaithfulness, and this being a no fault state anyway, we wound up splitting everything fifty-fifty. So you ask, where is my revenge, where is justice, where is fairness, well the only answer that I can offer is: in due time.

It takes time for emotions to heal, and it takes time for justice to be served, and it takes time for fairness to be obtained. Sometimes the amount of time it takes is only seconds and sometimes it is years, but in my case is was months. Our divorce went through and approximately eight months after our little talk, we were divorced.

Shelley married Robert two weeks after our divorce was final and just eleven months after their wedding day, he took off on her! It seems that the responsibility and the reality of taking care of a wife was too much for old Robert, he liked having sex but did not like all the husband type responsibilities than came with it. He found out it was a lot more fun, and a lot less expensive, to hook up with a woman, get a nut, and leave, than it was to be trying to satisfy her twenty four / seven. As for Shelley, she found out that while extra marital sex had been exciting, it did not pay the bills, and it did not comfort her in the manner that I had and in which she had been totally taking for granted for so long. Did I feel better about the turn of events, in truth, Hell yes I did! I finally felt like I had a measure of revenge on the cheating cunt! At least I did for a little while, then I felt kind of sorry for her, after all I had loved her for a long time and despite her treachery, I still felt something for her. Don't get me wrong, I'm stupid, not crazy! I'm stupid for not knowing what she had been doing for our entire marriage, but I am not crazy, I would never get involved with her again! Shelley did try to reconcile with me, she said she had now seen the error of her ways and that she had never stopped loving me, but it took all of this for her to realize just how much. Well, it was just a little too late now; I was way past the point of ever going back.

Shelley moved out of the state a few months later, and after a few unproductive phone calls over the next three years, I never heard from her again. I do think about her now and again, but I get over it fairly quickly.

As for me, I became the president of the He Man's Women Haters Club, no not really, but I never got married again either! You see I learned something from ole Robert during all of this mess. It seems that he was right about one thing; it is a lot cheaper, more fun and not so emotionally challenging, to just hook up with a woman than it is to marry her!

TizWin
TizWin
11 Followers