In Midst of Rain

Story Info
A mysterious stranger proposes a horrible decision.
1k words
4
7.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Kileka
Kileka
30 Followers

This is super short. It was inspired by a dream. I apologize for it's vagueness however it keeps the entire thing very mysterious and thought provoking.

*

I walked into the hospital room and immediately realized I wasn't alone. Although the past week had been a blur, everything in this room was crystal clear in my memory. It was unreal in a way, like this room wasn't supposed to be there. It was stark white and smelled like sanitizer. There was a constant humming and beeping from the numerous machines in the room. There was one window but the curtains were always closed. The TV was never on. I still couldn't bear to look at the still figure in the bed. It was too painful and made my whole body shake with sorrow. Nothing changed except the still, shaded figure in the corner. I moved toward the bed, numbly saying, "Good afternoon. Would you like some time alone?" The figure didn't move but a whispered, "No" came from it. At this point, my suspicion caught up with me, causing my nerves to heighten. Adrenaline hit my blood stream as I inched closer to him. Common sense drove my words, "Are you one of my husband's associates? Or how do you know him?" I sensed hesitation, "I am not one of his associates, just a friend." The last word was said slowly, deliberately.

"I suppose I haven't you yet, then. My name is Kaitlin and I'm his wife."

"I know. And you've met me, kind of."

Something changed about his demeanor and he stood. My heart skips a beat when I realize how tall he is. He stands at least a foot above my height, with a build to even it out. He stepped toward me, revealing his face. He was...gray. His hair, his clothing, was a solid gray. I couldn't see his eyes, still.

"If I have, then I don't remember. When did I meet you?"

"A long time ago."

Memories flooded my mind, in my attempt to remember when I had seen such a strange being. My eyes widen as I remembered. I've never seen him, only heard him. Anger sprouted in my chest as I shouted, "Why are you here?" His demeanor changed again. He walked to the edge of the bed, his head down, looking at my husband. Again, his alluring voice spoke, "You know of his condition?" The memory of my discussion with the doctor causes a lump to form in my throat. I felt like I was going to break down right there. He continues, "You have a choice. It is yours alone because you are what keeps him here."

"What do you mean?"

"Kaitlin, you are an amazing being. Your devotion to him and your family is astounding. Your strength impresses me. I've done this so many times and this is so much harder because of ...you."

His voice was cracking and he was gripping the side of the bed. His frame shook. "I cannot take him away from you. I can't take you away from him. It's too hard." I felt like I was dying inside. It was silent for a moment. "And I cannot deny him the chance at eternity, especially with you." I whispered. "You can give him everything I've ever dreamed about. If he stays here he will die, unfulfilled. He will go, just as I have always dreamed." The tears had started. I rushed out of the room, hiding my tears and thinking about what I had done. "I'll lose him forever."

__________________

I was so cold. My clothes were soaked through, forming an icy plaster on my skin. I kept my arms around myself, as I remained rooted to the ground. I could feel my teeth chattering as I shivered violently. My mind went blank from the pain in my chest. The rain hid my tears. The decision I had made broke my heart and scarred my soul..

And then I felt warm. The arms and body against me felt searing hot in comparison to my own skin. I barely had the strength to lift my head to look up at the source of the heat. His gray hair was darkened and matted by the rain. His silvery eyes bored into my soul as I shunned the thought of him and his purpose. He lifted his arms and my body screamed for the warmth again. He quickly removed his gray outer layer of clothing only to reveal the same color underneath. He wrapped the cloak around me and I immediately felt heavier. It was dry and intensely warm, something all my outsides didn't complain about. My knees felt like jelly, under the additional weight, threatening to buckle at any moment. I felt the pressure of his arms around me again, holding me up. I gave in, resting against his broad chest and trying not to think. He pressed his cheek against the top of my head, obviously content this way.

After a few moments, his bulky hand engulfed my chin. He coerced it up from limp neck, forcing me to look at him. My eyes remained averted, trying not to look at his eyes. He leaned his face so close to mine, his nose brushed my own. My eyes popped open in shock when his lips touched mine. He rested them there, waiting for my reaction. I had the urge to jerk away but felt trapped by the hand now entangled in my hair. I eased into it slowly, hoping it would be enough for him to take control. He pushed my lips apart with his, slowly encircling my tongue with his own. His rough tongue lapped against mine, slowly and gently. It was too patient, too controlled for a kiss. There was no hunger, no want behind it, just a comfort I couldn't understand. I pushed against him, my own want consuming me but he held me still, torturing me with the pace of the thing.

He finally let me go and my head fell limp. My breathing was jagged and shallow. When I finally had the strength to look up again, he was gone, only leaving his cloak and my memory of his presence.

Kileka
Kileka
30 Followers