In Search of April Ch. 01

Story Info
Haley's lover April disappears without a trace.
1.7k words
4.37
13.5k
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 05/17/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have been sitting here for two hours now, pouring April’s favorite white wine down my throat, letting it drown me to the point of numbness. I am alone in this little house by the beach, and I shiver with the chill of winter although it is actually late July. She has only been gone three days and already the color and song fade out of my world. My muse, my sunshine, my eccentric little piece of heaven, snatched away to God knows where…gone.

April’s picture sports an impish grin from across the room, a look of pure and simple joy in her eyes. Her hair is dark and wavy, whipping this way and that in the wind. Her blue eyes are barely visible, as they squeeze shut when her round cherub cheeks smile so hard. Everything about her has always been willowy and childlike, even a bit fragile, but not that smile and definitely not that laugh. I love…loved the way she would throw her head back and let out the most unladylike laugh at any moment, uncaring at how inappropriate her timing might be. April is the one woman I have ever known to take every bit of happiness life can offer. She never whined, rarely complained, and I think I have seen her cry maybe once.

Where is she? That’s the thought that keeps running through my head. The bed has been empty and after a week the scent of her hair has almost left the pillow. I finally caved and called the police three days ago, she did not leave of her own accord. She would not, and I saw some men watching her a couple of weeks back. Everything she owns is here, all her clothes with their soft fabrics and delicate patterns, her perfume, brush, even her poetry, scribbled down on napkins and old phone bills. Oh, my love, where could you be?

I remember the first time we met. It was a sunny spring day, a bit cool still in late March. I had just gotten done with a big case, lost it actually. I could feel my world crashing down around me, and I knew for sure my spellbinding legal career was coming to a screeching halt. I left the courthouse and drove around aimlessly, until I wound up parking and making my way down to the beach.

Now, if you know southern California, you understand that I had to make my way through a jumble of tourists, families, and those loathed wannabe Barbie and Ken doll high school and college kids who have nothing better to do then meander up and down the boardwalk. And here I was in my expensive suit and conservative haircut, sensible shoes and minimal makeup. Well, I thought with a chuckle, at least I fit that ridiculous dyke stereotype everyone keeps expecting from me.

Anyway, I ordered a cup of coffee and sat down to people watch, hoping to get my mind off my impending career doom. I zoned out, dazed by the unexpected events of the day. It wasn’t until I heard her voice that I realized tears had been streaming down my face for some time.

“Ummm…Miss? Excuse me?” I turned to see the most beautiful girl I have ever seen up close. She wore a pink floral dress with spaghetti straps under a white pullover and no shoes. Her hair looked healthy but unkempt, a soft mane around her round face and bright eyes. She was short, maybe 5’4, with a tiny waist and…okay I looked, firm, well rounded breasts. She held a notebook that looked like it had been totally soaked in water at some point.

And, as I was soon to find out, she was direct. “You are so sad, I can’t help but talk to you.” Her look of distress was so sincere the tears just escaped more quickly from my eyes.

I was about to throw out some stupid excuse, use the “allergies this time of year” bullshit line or some other nonsense, but something in her manner made me be so shockingly honest, I cannot believe it to this day.

I simply told her “I lost the case.”

“Hmmm?” She was confused, but at this point she sat down beside me, close enough for me to smell that haunting perfume of hers.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” I told her, almost laughing “I am a lawyer, and this was my first big case. It could have made my career, but I decided to fuck it up instead.”

“Everyone fucks up sometimes.” She reassured me. “If not, why would we need you lawyers anyway?” Her voice was so calm and matter of fact, I thought it was an insult at first. But then that smile I would grow to love spread across her face. She laughed that hearty lumberjack laugh of hers and I couldn’t help but join in.

Soon we were both in tears, as fits of giggles overtook us.

“I’m April.” She reached out for my hand.

“Haley.” I took it, knowing I would never want to let go.

Over dinner that first night, I found out April was a poet, working odd jobs when she needed to so she could support her carefree existence. She had moved to California from Wyoming because of her love of the beach. She had a free spirit, a gentle manner, and a good heart. And she thought I was beautiful.

Nothing shocked me as much as that last revelation. She told me as we were finishing our delicious Italian meal that my eyes were breathtaking. I know they are my best feature, the pale green in nice contrast with my strawberry blonde hair. But how could this little doll-like creature find my tall gawky body so lovely? I had always thought I was awkward at best, my five feet, ten inches towering above most women and many men. My athletic figure was, while well proportioned, not what I would call sexy. But she adored me, it was clear in her every word and expression.

I took her home that night, I couldn’t help myself. Her kisses burned with passion as she arched her back in my arms. The most delicious little moans began to escape her. We tasted each other’s lips and tongues out on the balcony for the whole world to witness, as I delighted in how sensitive her back was when my fingers gently traced her spine. “We should go in,” she huskily whispered in my ear. That’s when I knew she would not back out, not become bashful or regretful. I lifted her little body up easily in my arms and carried her to bed.

So softly I laid her down on my bed, easing myself on top of her. Her body welcomed me, twisting and squirming so that our skin could touch as much as possible. She grabbed the back of my head and pulled my mouth down to hers yet again. I began to kiss and nibble her neck and earlobes, as her excited moans and whimpers became more urgent.

“Shhh, nice and slow April,” I told her, as I climbed off of her and sat her up beside me. I undid the sandals she had put on for our dinner and threw them on the floor. Next came her white pullover.

“Now the dress baby, let me see all of you.” She complied, letting her sundress fall to the floor in a soft swish of fabric. She stood before me naked except for a flimsy pink pair of panties. Her soft pink nipples were hard as her upturned breasts jutted out for me to watch.

I had meanwhile taken off my own clothes and sat back to watch the show, rubbing a finger lazily around my pussy lips. I could feel myself getting wet.

April stepped out of her panties and I saw her round shaved mound and almost gasped in wonder. I love the female body, but she must have been the closest thing to perfection I had ever seen. She walked over and sat on my lap, pushing her round breasts into mine. I have huge tits, which I now know she loves. She began kissing my neck, licking down in small circles until she captured my nipple between her lips. Her finger found my other one and lightly pinched it, sending shivers up my spine. I let her push me back onto the bed, as her tongue and hands explored their way down past my stomach to my trimmed wet pussy.

With no hesitation at all, April parted my lips with her fingers and flicked her tongue over my clit. I let out a low guttural moan of frustration, trying to get her to lick me harder. April chuckled and continued to tease me, until with no warning she stuck her tongue deep into my pussy, quickly fucking me with it. She rubbed my clit with her fingers for a bit, then when she sensed I was close to exploding, stuck two fingers inside me and began stroking me quickly. I came within just a few minutes, harder then I had in years.

She lay down beside me with a smug look of satisfaction on her face. “Haley, I love your pussy, your whole body!” She seemed so happy. I leaned over and gave her a penetrating kiss, tasting myself on her tongue.

“Your turn darling….”

We made love all that night, and two weeks later she moved in. We were so damn happy, I knew I could never live without her. She stayed with me for almost two years, and I had already decided she must be mine for life. She told me later she knew that first day on the beach we were meant to be together. I don’t doubt it, April seems to have a sixth sense about some things. My life was perfect, even while I was rebuilding my shattered career, I was never happier.

Now she is gone, and I sit here waiting by the phone, hoping for any shred of news, of hope, of her. April was my springtime, born in early December or not. She was my completion, my inspiration, my life. Please, God bring her back, I silently prayed.

I was shaken out of my misery by the sound of the ringing phone…

To Be Continued…

Let me know how you like this one. It is just a rough copy and I may change plot points and story ideas at some point. But I hope that you enjoyed my beginning.