In The Beginning

Story Info
Prequel to an old-fashioned vampire love story.
2.5k words
4.35
13.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The year is 1785, in Colonial America, Virginia Colony, Terrence Whitley is at his friend, Thomas Morris' house having dinner. They are talking about a partnership that Terrence is proposing for a new business venture of sending mail to people across the country via a system of horse riders going through dangerous Indian territory to deliver letters and packages.

"You can't be serious Terrence. Having letters sent through the country would be a waste of time. It would take a month just to get to California. Do you have any idea what you are proposing?" Thomas asked curiously.

"Yes, indeed I do. I have a vision that this country is going to be great. We were all strange people in a strange land and now that we have celebrated our freedom from British Rule, We have the capacity to dream of things no one ever though possible. If you are willing to." Terrance said.

"I will hear you out Terrence, But do not expect me to comply fully. I know of your reputation and some fear it. I will hear what you have to say but I will be a long time considering the options." Thomas said.

"That is all I ask dear friend." Terrence said calmly.

Thomas' daughter Jeanne came down the stairs to see what they were talking about.

"Jeanne Marie! What are you doing out of bed at this time of night? you know 8pm is your bed time." Thomas said. Terence looked Jeanne. He was entranced by her.

She was a young girl of about 10. She had raven black hair and deep green eyes. She was rubbing her eyes as she went toward her father.

"I heard you talking and I couldn't sleep. Can I have a drink of water?" She asked in a small voice. Terrence could hear every word, he was a vampire and they could hear the smallest of words and slightest of sounds. Being a vampire has its advantages. He tried to search her mind but it was too young and fragile and he didn't want to harm her. He fell in love instantly to her innocence and charms. He kept it to himself. He didn't want to upset the poor girl. He had newly become a vampire, if you call 100 years new, and he hadn't seen anyone to raise such passion in him as she did. He smiled lightly as they talked.

"All right. Wait here." Thomas said and got up to get Jeanne a drink. She was nervous about Terrence being there.

"Don't be afraid. I wont harm you. I was talking to your father about a business opportunity. He is a very smart man, your father." Terrence said and Jeanne nodded. "Where is your mother?" Terrence asked curiously.

"She died when she was giving birth to me." Jeanne answered meekly. "Father has been raising me ever since then." She said.

"So you never knew your mother? Poor Child." Terrence said.

Thomas came back and handed Jeanne the glass of water. She drank it right there and handed the glass back to her father.

"Thank you Father." She said and kissed him on the cheek. "Good night. And good night to you Sir." She said and went back upstairs to her bed room.

"Sometimes having a free spirited daughter can be exhausting!" Thomas said. Terrence smiled.

"I can imagine. Tell me, is she betrothed to anyone?" Terrence asked curiously. Thomas was shocked he would ask such a question.

"She is too young, in my opinion to be betrothed. She needs to finish her schooling before any suitors come." Thomas said.

"I understand. She will have MANY. I assure you. You may have to beat them off with a two by four." Terrence said and smiled. Thomas had a small smile.

"Well I will come to that point when I get to it. Right now, She is not allowed." Thomas said. Terrence bowed his head. "I will abide by your decision." Terrence said.

"How do you propose to get the money this needs to start up? What kind of connections can you get for depots across the country for riders to take breaks and then back home again?"

"I have invested my money over the years and have accumulated a sizable amount. The Men who invest with me on this will see their profits grow. It will be a very lucrative business venture." Terrence said.

Thomas thought deeply and rubbed his chin.

"I'm still not convinced. I think there are a few things here that need some serious looking in to, I will have to weigh my options and get back to you. I need to do some serious thinking before I decide to get into anything this drastic." Thomas said.

"I understand. I will be here whenever you decide. Good night." Terrence said and took his hat and left the house.

"Very strange and unusual man." Thomas said as he blew out the candles and went to retire for the night himself.

In Terrence's house, He has just arrived and is thinking about Jeanne. He knew when she grew up that her beauty and compassion would send men running wild. He wanted to be with her before any other man would. No other woman captivated him so as this young girl and he wasn't about to let someone else take her away from him. Even if it was her own father. If he got in the way, he would be dealt with, as with all other things that got in Terrence's way.

He grew excited at the thought of biting in to his neck and drawing all the life force within Thomas if he had started to become a problem. He also started thinking about Jeanne's mother, Diana. Jeanne was so much like her.

'TOO much sometimes.' He thought. He remembered their last encounter, and it WAS the last for Diana. He tried to tell her how he felt about her but it was shortly after she had given birth to Jeanne. He tried to bring her over to his side but she refused. And the price for her refusal was her life. He couldn't take the chance of her telling people of what he was and WHO he was. He had played so many parts over the years as different people, that when he fell in love, it throws him off kilter and he can barely restrain himself from his vampiric urges. He wanted to save her but not having turned anyone into a vampire as he was, was a bit difficult.

He remembered the fright she had in her eyes, The scream she made when he bared her fangs at her. His reassurances that he wouldn't hurt her weren't heard and he couldn't contain himself. The urge to draw her life force was too great and she lay in bed dead. He had heard Thomas come upstairs to see what was wrong and why she had screamed. Terrance turned into the mist and went out the window as Thomas came in the room.

Thomas saw her lying there lifeless and the baby next to her unharmed. He ran to the Doctor across the street and he came over with him. He felt for a pulse and any sign of breathing. But there wasn't any. She was buried two days later and Terrence was in the background watching as the body was buried in a grave. The sun was setting so it didn't effect his as much as it would if it was full strength.

Terrence had watched Jeanne grow and had a fondness for her, But it grew deeper when he saw her close up. He knew he had to have her for his own. No matter what Thomas had said.

As the years went past, Jeanne grew on beauty and intelligence. She graduated top of her class and she had come home to see her ailing father. He had been stricken with pneumonia and he had been feeling weak for a very long time when she was in college. She knew she had to be there. she needed to be there if he was to die. She missed her mother when she died and she wasn't about to be denied not being there when her father died. The only parent she had ever known.

She had grown to be a striking woman. Her raven hair in a ponytail with a blue bow. Her grace and stature had grown into a mature woman. She was about 5 foot 8 inches tall and a medium figure. But very womanly. Quite a few of the men looked at her when she got off the stage coach from Boston. She had spent 5 years up north and a lot of the men stared at her thinking they knew her but knew that she had changed. And for the better.

As evening fell, Terrence came to the door and she opened it. He looked the same as she remembered even though 15 years had passed since she last saw him. He was stunned by her beauty and almost forgot what he was there for.

"Good evening Mr. Whitley. Won't you come in?" She said.

"Thank you" He stammered and walked in to the house. "I heard your father wasn't fairing very well and I came to pay my respects." Terrence said. "How is he?" He asked curiously.

"He seems to be getting worse. The doctor said he might not have much longer to live." She said with her head bowed down. He went over to her and lifted her head up with his hand.

"Don't worry Jeanne Marie. Everything will be all right. I promise you." He said.

"How do you know that?" She asked with tears streaming down her face.

"Trust me. I know some things and I know it will all turn out right." He said.

"How do you know my father will get better?" She asked.

"Well I didn't say he would get better, just that everything will be all right." He said. She started to cry more.

"My daughter, come to me." Thomas said in a weak voice. She ran to her fathers side.

"I'm here Father." She said and went closer to him on the bed. "What is it?"

"You have turned in to a beautiful woman, Just like your mother." He paused. "I have learned some things about Mr. Whitley. Do not trust him. He killed your mother shortly after you were born." Thomas said. She had a shocked look on her face.

"NO! It cant be!" She exclaimed. Terrence came in to the room.

"But I am afraid it is true." Terrence said. They both turned to him as he spoke.

"Get out you monster! Leave us alone!" She said.

"I'm afraid I cant do that. I have too much invested in you my dear to just leave you to the hands of other people. I want you all to myself." Terrence said.

"I will never be with you. I will NEVER love you!" She said defiantly

"Yes, JUST as headstrong as your mother was. Too bad she refused me as well. But I WILL have her daughter!" Terrence said and bared his fangs. She screamed and Thomas looked at him.

"I knew you were a monster but didn't know what kind of monster." Thomas said.

"First I will drain you, and then, make your daughter my wife. She is too perfect for anyone else to have." Terrence said and lunged toward Thomas. Jeanne left to hide in the barn so Terrence couldn't find her.

In his weakened state, Thomas couldn't and didn't put up much of a fight and was drained of his blood in a matter of moments. He lay lifeless in the bed and Terrence went searching for Jeanne.

Terrence heard a commotion in the barn and went straight for it. He smelled her sweet scent, Something that he committed to memory while she was away and, as she got older, the scent of her grew more sweet.

He looked for her everywhere and finally found her in a horse stall huddled close to the back.

"Go away! Leave me alone!" She screamed. "Trust me Sweetheart. I will make you immortal. Your beauty and your loveliness will be saved throughout eternity." Terrence said.

"I don't want you! Get it through your head! Leave me alone!" She said. He bared his fangs again.

"You will be preserved throughout history. I will make you immortal." Terrence said and went closer to her. She screamed as he went toward her and he bit her, He was careful not take too much and let her transform before his eyes.

"What have you done to me? What are you?" She screamed and ran away. She went back in to the house, and he turned in to a mist and followed her to her room. He looked by the window and saw her transforming and her eyes getting more green and her fangs growing. He smiled at what he had accomplished. His first successful turning and she hated to be turned.

She started to feel the urges of a vampire and wanted to take blood. She couldn't control it and screamed even louder. She went looking for something to eat. She didn't know what, she didn't know how, but she knew she had to, to survive.

She ran back to the barn and looked around for something to sink her teeth in to.... so to speak. She saw a goat. She hated goats milk but the urge for the blood of an animal was overwhelming. She layed the goat down, and held it down. Her fangs were still bared and she hissed a little and bit down on the animals neck.

She started to suck the blood and the life force from the animal. The goat squirmed a bit but as the blood was drained from the animal, the goat went limp. She raised her head and the blood was dripping from her mouth. She breathed heavily. She looked around wildly, looking for Terrence.

Terrence was in a mist watching her every move. He knew that she hated being turned and that she resented him for it. He kept close to her but decided not show himself to her.

Jeanne went to various farms killing small animals to satisfy her Vampiric urges. All the while looking for Terrence. She knew he was around but she couldn't see where he was. Her anger fueled her lust for blood. She knew she had to go somewhere safe. Something inside told her to find a haven before sunrise. She knew of an abandoned silver mine cave nearby. She went deep in to the recesses of the cave. She huddled close to the cave wall and started to think about what was done to her, Her anger to Terrence was great and her eyes turned a flaming red. She vowed to get him one day. She vowed not to turn anyone else in to what she became. She didn't want to turn anyone else in to what she had become.

She was now a Vampire. Destined to live alone, and feed on innocent lives for the rest of her existence.

'What a wretched existence it is.' She thought to herself and went off to sleep for the day.