In The Dog House Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was a rap at the door leading to the room where Jolee has stripped off her clothing several hours earlier. Roger started, looked at a computer screen and then looked at his watch. "Oh my god, it's almost nine!" He looked at Jolee. "I've got to get you upstairs quickly."

"I think I know the way, but perhaps you'd like to..."

"No," he interrupted. "I'll escort you to your room. You are staying at least overnight, aren't you?"

"Yes."

Roger smiled. "Good. Here, you'll have to stand in the hallway for a minute or two while I talk with the security guard." He escorted her to the hallway and told her that he'd be right back. Then he closed the door. Jolee waited patiently for him to return, wondering if she should invite Roger into her room tonight or get to know a little more about him, and the others here, first. She was feeling unusually frisky. She wondered if the fact that she had been naked for several hours now was affecting her libido. Or maybe it was the glass of wine?

Roger opened the door. Jolee had been ready to step out of sight if the guard had been positioned in such a way that he might see her, but Roger closed the door behind himself very quickly. She thought it odd to feel shy about one man seeing her naked, but not another. On the other hand, Roger had talked about the security guard as if the man were an outsider, someone not actually a member of the Club.

Roger rapped on the door twice. There was the sound of a deadbolt being set in the door.

"He's locking us in overnight?" asked Jolee, while what ran through her head was 'he's locking me in overnight?'

"It's a safety measure. We have some goings on about once every twenty-eight days that could be dangerous for those not exactly like us. I'd better get you to your room so you can bolt your door. Once day breaks you can safely leave your room, Jolee." Roger urged her along as he spoke and Jolee thought he seemed rather impatient with their pace.

"I take it by 'us' you don't mean you and I?" Jolee walked quickly to keep up with Roger as they went up the stairs to the third floor, where the women's quarters were.

"No, I mean the men in the club. The guard is specially armed, very well paid and trustworthy. I would trust him to guard you as you are right now and I know for a fact that he would not lay a finger on you."

"You don't mean that he's gay, do you?"

"No, I mean that he's completely trustworthy."

Roger opened the door to Jolee's room and glanced at his watch.

Jolee shifted from one foot to the other. "You know, Roger, you could...uhm...you could come..."

"Look, I really have to go now, Jolee," he interrupted her. "Will you have breakfast with me?"

"Yes, but why don't you..."

"I'm sorry. I really have to go. Remember to keep your door bolted all night and don't unbolt it until sunrise. Sleep well, Jolee." And Roger quickly walked away from her door and back to the stairs, loosening his tie as he did so.

Jolee watched him go and then glanced at the other doors at this end of the hall. Each was closed. Was each bolted, she wondered? She stepped into her room and closed the door, and then she set the deadbolt. She thought it odd that this place stripped the women naked but gave them the freedom to lock themselves in their rooms.

She looked around the room and saw a made bed, with headboard and footboard. There was a wardrobe, an empty basket and a lady's makeup table with a large mirror. She could also see a door that led to a private bathroom with a shower and a large tub. Very comfortable, she thought, as she fluffed up the pillow and felt the bed sheets. The entire room seemed to be designed for the perfect comfort of its occupant.

A single large window cast a silvery light throughout the room. Jolee walked up to the window and looked out. She was on the third floor and twilight was deepening into darkness. The windows across the street seemed momentarily empty, but she would have to ask Roger about having blinds or curtains installed.

Jolee looked up at the first few stars that were appearing in the night sky. There was more than enough light from the full moon for her to see her way around this strange room without stubbing her toes.

She wondered at her failure to entice Roger into her room, and her bed, a few minutes earlier. She wasn't used to failure in that regard, she was far more used to turning men down. And what was all that nonsense about him being in a rush because it was getting late? The women weren't safe for one night in twenty-eight and neither was the 'specially-armed' man who had been hired to guard the club for that one night?

Jolee went into the bathroom and made herself ready for bed. As she slipped under the smooth covers she felt oddly at home. She lay on one side, with a hand under her cheek, and stared toward the window.

Why was there a dangerous event every twenty-eight days? What else was there that had a twenty-eight day cycle? She smirked as she thought of her own cycle, but somehow she doubted that was much of a problem for the men. She would have to ask one of the ladies what they did about that particular problem in the next week. Jolee yawned. Well, she would ask one of the ladies, assuming she was still here. She knew there was something else with a twenty-eight day cycle that was nagging at her subconscious, but it just wouldn't come to her. She yawned again and closed her eyes. The moon was still too bright, so she rolled over to her other side and quickly fell asleep, despite the early hour.