In The End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 16

The next morning Scott was woken by the nurse as she came round to do the morning obs. Scott woke up disorientated. But as soon as he realised he was still lying next to Byron he knew where he was.

Scott politely stopped the nurse from waking up Byron. Scott watched Byron's chest rise and sink as he breathed lightly. Scott smiled and gave the nurse a look as if to say 'bless his cotton socks'. Scott leaned over and kissed Byron on the lips. Byron stirred and slowly came to. Wakey wakey sleepy head, Scott said tickling Byrons sides. Byron giggled and squirmed as he blinked a few times before rubbing and opening them.

Byron sat up with Scott and ran his fingers through Scott's messy hair before moving his hand down to stroke his face. Scott kissed Byrons hands and got off the bed.

"Oh Scott your operation is at 1 pm after lunch ok?"

"Thanks Pam." said Scott to the regular nurse.

Scott cleaned himself up and watched tv. Byron later joined him refreshed after a shower, brushing his teeth and washing his face.

Scott could feel the nerves coming on now, he wasn't allowed to eat as he'd be under anaesthetic later that day.

Scott tried to watch a little tv at his bedside to help keep his mind of things. Then some familiar smells wafted past his nose, his nervousness had heightened his senses. He felt a light tap on his shoulders and jumped round. To find Chester and mike standing behind him with big cheesey grins. Scott burst out laughing.

"Oh my god you two you scared the shit out of me. How are you anyway?" What are you doing here?

"Oh nothin' just came to say good luck we have to leave for home in a few hours so we've gotta rush. But we're going to leave you with this as a get well soon present." Said Chester as he handed Scott another goody bag. It contained a signed box of celebrations chocolates.

"Very good." Laughed Scott at the thought of signing something that wasn't even theirs. Scott gave them both a hug before they left for the last time.

"Say hi to everyone else for me will ya?" As they walked round the corner.

"Sure thing dude." Smiled Chester as he vanished.

Chapter 17

The hours ticked away slowly, every hour sat with Byron was a painful one as he counted down the hours, minutes and the seconds of his exam.

Byron could feel the tension emanate from Scott. Byron hugged Scott who seemed to be in a daze. It was as if this was all a dream to him, nothing felt real.

A group of nurses and doctors all dressed up from head to toe in hospital green clothes came into the bay, Scott knew straight away that they were meant for him. Scott kissed Byron and climbed back onto his own bed.

"See ya later alligator." waved a tearful Byron to Scott.

"In a while crocodile." Waved a bravely smiling Scott.

Scott laid back on his bed while the doctors and nurses were making a fuss of him as they prepared him for nuero-surgery. They carted Scott downstairs into the operation theatre, the ceiling shot past in a blur as he was taken in and out of long corridors. The nurses talking to him constantly making sure that he was not completely alone, but Scott never heard a word. All he could hear were the thumping sounds of his heart banging on his ribcage and a faint blur of voices echoing in his head.

Scott heard the big double doors opening to the theatre, a light was shone on his face, which was then moved away and shone on his head where they were going to do keyhole surgery.

Scott eventually came too and started listening to what the nurses had to say.

"You ok Scott?" Asked the nurse.

"Not really. I just want this over and done with." Said Scott with a sour look on his face.

"It's going to be ok, just try to relax. We're going to put this mask over your head now ok? This'll help put you to sleep we'll be in and out in 2 hours then you can go home 6 hours after that! How does that sound?" Reassured the nurse.

Scott smiled weakly as they slipped the N2O gas mask over his head.

10…9…. said the nurse. The first thing he noticed was the warm feeling that washed over him.

8…7… then he felt really comfortable, and kinda sleepy

6…

chapter 18

the nuero-surgeons shaved a tiny area of hair off his scalp and dabbed it with iodine staining the skin yellow. Making an incision in the scalp the doctors had hit bone and it was time to drill. A small hole was drilled into the skull until they nearly hit grey matter. A key hole camera was inserted into the hole and used to navigate in between the parting folds of the brain. On the screen they could see the tumour staring at them in the face like a tiny time bomb. They doctors inserted a tiny pair of snippers which was used to sever the tumour from the rest of the brain tissue.

They found the tumour connected to one of the blood vessels in the brain which made it easier to mend. The blood vessels were clamped at either side, the tumour was severed and the hole in the vessel was stitched up.

The clamp was removed and blood began to flow again.

Suddenly the machines started bleeping. There was a panic as it was a race to find out what was causing the bleeping. Scott's heart was ceasing up, his blood had bled to the brain, the vessels were not sewn up properly. The doctors couldn't stop the bleeding and the stitches burst under the pressure of the heart pumping.

There was no point in going in the damage was done.

"Time of death 13.45pm."

The doctors and nurses didn't know Scott, to them he was just another unfortunate statistic.

One of the nurses told Pam back in Byron's ward. Pam held a hand to her mouth and nodded her head.

Pam walked over to Byron warily.

"Byron I'm afraid we have some bad news."

There was some complication while Scott was in surgery, the stitching burst and a lot of blood Bled into the brain and we couldn't save him."

Byron was speechless, he just sat there.

"Na haha you're joking right? That's a sick joke but you nearly had me there." He laughed patting the nurse on the shoulders.

"NO I'm being serious, Scott's dead byron."

"NOOO he can't be he's stronger than that. He shouted shaking the nurse by the shoulders." Unproffesional as it was the nurse broke down in tears.

Byron cried hard hugging the nurse.

"Well can I see him?"

"Not yet they're cleaning him up so his parents can see him."

"Can I see him first? they dont have to know"

"Yeah I'm sure we can sort something out."

Half an hour passed and Pam came back up,

"You can go and see him now I'll take you there ok?" Pam took Byron by the shoulders and lead him into the theatre.

There he lay, peaceful as if sleeping only his chest wasn't rising.

Byron slowly walked up to Scott's still body and stroked his face, it was still warm. He shook his shoulders gently like it was the last desperate attempt to wake him.

"WAKE UP YOU BITCH, you can't leave me like this." He screamed tearfully. He leant down to kiss his blue lips, they were nearly strangely cold.

A bang from the doors and Scott's parents ran in, Mum was in tears. Byron Stepped out of the way and watched from a distance. everything seemed to be rushing past him in slow motion.

Epilogue:

I want to dedicate this song to my special friend who died in hospital yesterday. You're in a good place now Scott.

It starts with one…

One thing, I don't know why it doesn't even matter how hard you try…