In The Night Garden Pt. 06

Story Info
Eva meets Tom at the masquerade ball.
2.9k words
4.38
13.9k
9

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was an unseasonably warm spring evening; the perfume of roses from the gardens below wafting through the open window into Eva's personal staff quarters.

She'd always loved the view from her room, and would often sit on the window seat with a book when she'd work the late shift and decide to stay over, rather than endure the long arduous train journey back to her flat. It was so peaceful; there she could almost forget that her world was both secretly falling apart, and being blown wide open.

She stood in front of the mirror, noticing that her evening gown seemed to sort of match the night sky; a dark blue silk faintly scattered with subtle glitter like faded stars.

The neckline plunged daringly to reveal just a little of her cleavage but covered most of her breasts modestly; this was a work function after all. The skirt clung to her hips and thighs stopping just a couple of inches above the knee, and a black lace train flowed from the back, down to her floor behind her. Her makeup was expertly applied to match and her long hair was pinned loosely into a tousled side updo. Although she failed to see it, she really was a true beauty.

She let out a long sigh and picked up the mask she'd had made to match the dress, made of navy lace in the shape of a butterfly; its large delicate wings outstretched in flight. She poured herself a stiff double shot of vodka and took it in one gulp, coughing instantly as it fired its way down her throat.

"Right," she breathed, shaking it off, "let's do this." And with one last application of lipstick and a quick pout, she twirled towards the door and out to the elevator.

"Wow," Billy gasped as the doors opened and she stepped inside , "you look beautiful Miss Winter! Like those actresses you see in old Hollywood films." Eva flushed a little and smiled shyly.

"Thank you, Billy," she said warmly, and made her way out of the elevator and into the large lobby, leaving him to stare longingly after her before the doors closed in front of him.

The lobby was heaving with guests, dressed in their finery along with expertly crafted colourful masquerade masks, decorated with crystals and brightly coloured jewels. She watched as a tall, dark haired woman wiggled past her with a man who was likely more than twice her age, wearing a mask formed of several colourful feathers, like a parrot. It was almost more like a menagerie of exotic creatures rather than a hotel fundraiser, all headed towards the ballroom in a flurry of colour.

Kirsty was waiting at the front desk to meet her, dressed in a long pink gown. Eva giggled internally to herself as she secretly compared her to a life size Barbie doll; platinum blonde hair, and dressed head to toe in pink satin. They hadn't spoken since earlier in the afternoon after she fled Tom's suite, humiliated, and she felt a little sorry for her. She smiled awkwardly at Eva as she stepped towards her.

"Hey, Evie," she mumbled, "I'm really sorry about earlier, I-I don't know what came over me! He's just so charming isn't he? And - and, oh Evie, what's wrong with me?!" Eva rolled her eyes and placed a hand on her slumped shoulder. Kirsty had always been a flirt, and definitely had a flair for dramatics.

"Honestly sweetie," she interrupted, "it's fine. Let's just forget about it and enjoy the party, shall we? After all we deserve it, we've been looking forward to this for the best part of six months!" She smiled a friendly grin and looped her arm through hers as she felt Kirsty instantly relax and smile sweetly, and led her towards the grand hall.

As the doors opened before them, they both let out a simultaneous gasp; the hall was breath taking, it had taken over a week for it to be fully decorated and it showed; there were giant Greek ice sculptures spouting champagne, and black and gold curtains draped across the hall, all of which were covered in tiny gold lights that twinkled like stardust.

There was a table along the length of the room with what seemed like hundreds of silver platters full of canapés, a huge chocolate fountain and platefuls of bright fruit and tiny square cakes on skewers circled around it. There were delicate champagne flutes piled into a 4 foot high triangular shape alongside several large crystal bowls of colourful drinks, being served by the young and very attractive waiting staff dressed in velvet crimson waistcoats and crisp white shirts with matching bow ties. It really was breathtakingly beautiful.

Eva stared in awe, attempting to take it all in, before the sound of Benjamin Darlington whistling loudly across the room shook her back to reality.

"My word, my girls certainly

scrub up nicely!" He exclaimed, his eyes admiring her, slowly moving their way up and down her whole body, which made her a little uncomfortable. Kirsty gave a flirty giggle in gratitude as he handed them both a glass of champagne, Eva rolled her eyes at her once more, and turned to face him; her expertly practiced bright smile painted onto her face.

"It really is beautiful, Mr Darlington," she said in approval, looking up at the chandeliers that were now adorned in black and gold. Kirsty nodded eagerly in agreement as she took a large glug from her glass.

"Come on now, Eva," he chimed, "this is a party! Strictly no work talk allowed so it's Ben to you; but I'm very glad you're impressed girls, it's taken a lot of work, and a hell of a lot of my money might I add," he winked, "but I'm sure every man in the room would agree that it all pales in comparison to you, my dear." He took her hand in his and kissed it gently; she could see he was drunk as his face was a little red and his eyes were slightly glazed. Kirsty gave a not so subtle scowl in envy at the attention he was giving her, and Eva timidly withdrew her hand with a smile.

"Now ladies you'll have to excuse me, what with this being my party and all I must go and mingle with my guests and see how much money I can squeeze out of these old boys; enjoy the ball!" He gave a little bow and turned to head back into the crowd.

"Oh, Eva!" He called back loudly as she turned away, "I have to give you my thanks for looking after my Tommy boy this week, he has nothing but the highest praise for you, you know," he complimented with another wink, "he'd be crazy not to! Ah, there's the handsome devil now!" He gave his son a cheeky slap on the behind and nodded, motioning him over towards Eva and Kirsty.

Eva's entire body stiffened, almost as if Tom's presence alone seemed to cause a change in the air. Her eyes met Kirsty's as she watched her face redden in embarrassment as he walked over towards them.

She had to admit to herself that he looked drop dead gorgeous, no matter how much she'd rather not admit that fact. So much so that she had to compose herself and control her breathing a little.

He was dressed in a black tuxedo, and chose a slim black silk tie over the standard bow tie most of the male guests were wearing. His hair was neatly combed back, and a simple black matte mask covered his dark eyes. He smirked as he caught sight of her, ignoring the admiring stares he was getting from every girl who laid eyes upon him, and let out a loud wolf whistle; 'like father like son,' she thought.

"Eva," he smiled sexily, "you are a fucking vision, as always." His eyes ogled her tight body up and down slowly, and hungrily, as his Father's had. She wondered if any more of his characteristics were adopted from his Father, and shuddered a little at the thought.

"Kirsty, you look lovely as well, I'd forgotten what you looked like fully clothed," he sniggered. Kirsty scowled at him as her cheeks glowed even redder; she made her excuses to leave by mentioning that she'd spotted a handsome footballer over by the fountain that she fancied her chances with. Tom glanced back at Eva; the corners of his lips curling into a pouty smirk as he covered his mouth with his hand mischievously. Eva sighed heavily and took a long sip of her champagne, turning her head away from him as Kirsty sauntered away into the room.

"You really can be a total arsehole, did you know that?" She scolded, making her best attempt at acting completely unimpressed by him. Tom laughed again and pushed a hand through his hair; his lips burst into a gorgeous smile that made her feel slightly uneasy.

"I know, I know," he moaned, holding his hands up, mocking her, "it's a terrible affliction I'm currently working on."

He came to stand behind her and she looked straight ahead, as if to ignore him. "I wasn't joking by the way, you look good enough to eat, babe." His hands slid over her hips as he pressed his lips to her ear, his breath tickling her neck making the hairs stand on end. "That dress is stunning, but I can't fucking wait to rip it off you later," he whispered, her body tingling under his touch.

She quickly turned to face him, his hands letting go of her. She wasn't sure what to say since earlier that afternoon, to be honest she never really knew what to say to him; his very presence alone was intimidating. Her mouth went dry and she took another deep sip of her champagne.

"Well that's not going to happen, I'm afraid," she retorted matter of factly, "so you can remove those thoughts from your head." She took another sip.

"Careful with that, babe," he said teasingly, "that's strong stuff, you'll get blotto after a couple of those!" Eva scowled at him as she lowered her glass and turned her head away from him again.

"I appreciate your concern, but I don't need your advice. I can handle myself, thank you." He pulled her firmly towards him so her ass was pressed against his groin, as he pressed his lips to her ear once more.

"But you like being told what to do, don't you?" He cooed, and she shivered, her heart started to beat a little faster. "Every time I've taken charge in the bedroom, your pussy gets so much wetter; admit it, gorgeous, you love it." He kissed her softly on the neck and she jolted away, nervous that they were being watched.

"No," she protested, "because it's not true - and are you crazy," she hissed, "someone will see!" She could feel the champagne going to her head, her body felt a little heavier, but her confidence was rising, and her inhibitions were escaping her.

"I don't care if they do," he replied smugly, "I'd have you here right now, and I wouldn't care if the whole room saw. Anyway, they'd only be jealous, most of the people in here are absolute fucking deviants, you want to watch out for people like that."

She shrugged him off and began to step away before his fingers laced through hers, gently pulling her back to him.

"People like you, you mean?"

"Exactly," he said with a devilish grin. "Come with me, I want to show you something." He snatched her now empty champagne flute from her, placing it on to the tray of a passing Waiter, and swiftly grabbed another glass and handed it to her and then took another for himself. She felt a little unsteady on her feet and her head was slightly hazy, so she reluctantly agreed and allowed him to guide her through the hall to a corridor that lead to another small black door; one she wondered if she'd ever seen before. He knocked a music less rhythm against the black wood, and a voice came from inside.

"What's the secret to eternal life?" The mysterious voice asked quietly. Eva looked up at Tom inquisitively and he glanced back down at her, amused by the confused look on her face, and leant towards the door.

"Eros," he calmly replied; the Ancient Greek word for "desire," she realised, and the door opened. He squeezed Eva's hand and led her into a dark room, scarcely lit by what seemed like hundreds of Ivory candles held in place by black gothic style candlesticks.

The aroma of incense filled the air as they walked past people stood around the room, chatting idly, waving around glasses of champagne while scantily dressed waitresses were circling the room with trays of drinks and strawberries.

"Welcome to my party," Tom winked.

Eva was still confused, but intrigued by this private little party neither she nor anyone else had any idea about. The people at this party however seemed different to the ones that had been in the grand hall; although they still wore masks, a lot of the women were barely dressed, some even just wore negligé.

"What's going on?" Eva asked, her eyes still glancing around the room at all the beautiful, strangely dressed people; and they gazed admiringly back at her, both men and women undressing her with their eyes. She felt a little exposed at their stares and tried not to look directly at them, but found she couldn't look away. "Does your dad know about this?"

"No," he whispered proudly, "this is a little something I arranged, privately. It's very exclusive, the entry requirements are very strict."

She was dumbfounded, he'd managed to arrange an entirely separate party under his father's own nose in his hotel, and he nor any of the other hotel staff knew anything about it.

"You're a dark horse," she scoffed, sipping at her drink again. He slipped his arms around her waist from behind and kissed her neck lightly.

"Well, it's a little different to a Friday night at the Golden Lion, I'll admit," he teased, "but you're gonna love this." She suddenly gained a little of her senses and shook her head.

"No," Eva quietly protested, "I want to leave, now. I don't want to play anymore of your stupid little games." Tom slunk around to stand in front of her and frowned.

"Oh, Eva," he sighed, the back of his hand lightly tracing her arm, "obviously you don't you remember our agreement. You play along with my so called 'stupid little games,' and I'll keep my sexy DVD qa secret from dear Freddie." He looked darkly into her eyes and she stared back, watching the reflection of the candlelight dancing in them, making him appear almost sinister as he smirked at her.

She turned and flushed, and a pang of guilt seeped through her at the thought of Freddie; of what she'd done to him. She could blame Tom all she wanted but she knew she was more guilty than he was, and the feeling made her feel sick. Tom had nothing to lose out of this, and she had everything.

She'd had suspicions for a while now that Freddie might be cheating on her, and if he was she could hardly blame him; she'd become distant and somewhat cold towards him, grow annoyed when he'd want to spend all his free evenings at the pub over a quiet night in with her, but he'd just go anyway. He was never the best boyfriend, she could even go as far to say that he was actually a terrible boyfriend; a selfish, immature little boy with no prospects or hopes for the future. Nevertheless, he didn't deserve this.

"I don't know why I came here," she whispered.

"You came, because I told you to, and because you wanted to," he replied; his hands moving down towards her ass, his fingers lightly playing between her legs. She could feel his fingertips gently tickling her inner thighs and she held her breath.

"You always come when I tell you to, Eva, in both senses of the word; you're my good, obedient girl."

She stared ahead, mentally trying to block out the heat between her thighs. Her breath became shaky as he toyed with her, knowing exactly how to push her buttons and she hated him for that; but she hated herself more for allowing her body to betray her like this, and to give into him so easily.

"Tonight, babe, I'm going to show you things you never knew you wanted."

He turned her around to face him and reached into his jacket pocket, taking out a small silver box. Upon opening it he revealed a small red pill in the shape of a love heart.

"You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland; and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes," he purred; smiling that smile that made her pussy twinge, placing one of the tiny pills on his tongue. He pulled her to him and kissed her deeply, both his tongue and the pill entered her mouth, melting between them as they kissed. She relaxed in his arms, letting him in, his embrace tightened around her as he held her to him, and he slowly pulled away.

"Come on," he grinned excitedly, grabbing her hand again.

"The night is young, and I've got plans for you..."