In the Spider's Web Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The sedative will do that," Mattias told her absently as he applied the antiseptic to her stomach wound. Then he began to close that, this time with webbing. When it was sealed shut, he doused the silk thoroughly with another liquid from his pouch. "There," he said. "The surgery is finished."

Brenan dropped the towel. "Can I hold her?" he asked, looking at the baby.

I looked to Mattias, who nodded. "Here you go," I said as I handed him the infant.

Mattias pulled a larger bottle out of his pouch. Brenan stared. "That shouldn't have fit."

"My pouch is bigger on the inside," said Mattias, obviously amused. "If it were not, how would I carry everything I might need?"

Eyes wide, Brenan nodded.

Mattias held the bottle to Melody's lips. "Drink this," he instructed. "All of it. It will help with the blood loss." He grimaced. "I think. This is the general version. I have not yet had time to make some tailored to your particular biology. But it cannot hurt. It will, at the very least, replenish liquids."

We all watched as she finished the bottle. When she was done, she yawned. Her eyes drifted closed.

Brenan watched anxiously as she fell asleep. "Is that normal?"

Mattias nodded. "Drowsiness is a common side effect of most healing potions, though it is usually not quite this pronounced." He checked her pulse again. "She will recover, but she will need a great deal of rest, as well as sufficient food and liquids."

Brenan blinked back tears. "Th-thank you. This is..." He shook his head. "I thought I would lose her. Lose both of them."

Mattias smiled as he tied off and cut the umbilical cord. "It is no trouble. I know I would be devastated if I lost my mate and child."

He reabsorbed the silk on his stomach so that he could check his wound. He nodded in satisfaction, and then covered it again. "I seem to be recovering at the expected rate." He turned to the door, and murmured something. The walls and doors shimmered again. "I will go now, but I will return tomorrow to check on her. There is still a risk of infection."

Brenan frowned. "Infection?"

Mattias shrugged. "It is always a risk with surgery. Do not worry. I have many ways to counter microbial threats."

Gesturing me to follow, Mattias said, "Come, Bell. Let us return home, so that you may rest."


12