Inarticulate Speech of the Heart

Story Info
George's ring was a problem...until it wasn't.
3.9k words
4.58
9.9k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: Thanks again to Eclecticwoman818 for her assistance with spelling, grammar and continuity. Like all the authors here, my only pay is your votes. Please vote if you like the story or even if you don't. Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

*****

"Date of birth?"

George always found it a bit annoying, but in this case kind of humorous too. In order to buy a pack of cigarettes at the local supermarket, he had to give his birth date to the cashier who in this case was young enough to be his granddaughter. "9/2/49" he replied to the inquiry.

"Oh, that's Denise's birthday, too." she replied. "I know because we celebrated her birthday yesterday."

"Did you call me, Jeanine?"

"No, no, Denise, it's just that his birthday was yesterday, too."

George turned to see who Denise was and recognized her as the woman who ran the floral department and with whom he had exchanged the perfunctory "Good Mornings" on any mornings she happened to be up front when he walked in. The store required it's employees to greet customers when it wasn't busy and at 7:30 in the morning, it was rarely busy.

"A belated Happy Birthday to you, Denise" George said, smiling.

"And to you as well" said Denise before heading out to tend to the outside display of fall flowers and garden decorations.

While he waited for the young cashier to make change (thank God for the register showing how much change to give,,, doing math in her head did not seem to be her strong suit) he wondered if he should invite Denise out for a drink to celebrate their birthdays. George hadn't dated in the year since his wife of 40 years succumbed to cancer and had not had sex in a couple of years before that. Denise had that wholesome look he found so attracting. She was about 5'-5" and nicely proportioned without being anorexic looking. She had light brown hair with blondish streaks, usually done up in a ponytail. He was willing to bet that all the high school boys working in the store referred to her as a MILF.

He took his change and groceries and walked outside to see Denise watering the mums and other fall flowers displayed outside. Oh, what the fuck, he decided. "Excuse me, Denise?" She turned and smiled as she released the handgrip on the hose to stop the water.

"Yes?"

"My name is George and I was wondering that since we share a birthday if I could buy us both a drink to celebrate after you get off."

Denise looked at him and then his hands. "Wouldn't your wife object to that?"

"I'm sure she would if she were still alive and rest assured I would never have suggested such a thing if she was. She died a while ago and the thought never even occurred to me to take my ring off."

"I've heard that once before in my life and lived to regret it." she replied.

Okay, this isn't going anything like what my imagination told me it would, George thought. "I'm sorry to have bothered you and certainly didn't mean to offend you. Have a good day" he said, as he turned to walk to his car.

After about two steps he heard "4:00"

George turned back toward Denise as she said "I get out of work at 4:00. I'm sorry, it's just that I'm still a bit skittish about guys with wedding rings. But after the last couple of days, I probably could use a drink."

"Okay, how about we meet at Fannucci's up the street about 4:15?"

"Sounds good. I'll see you then."

Working from home allowed George some freedom to come and go as he pleased as long as his work was finished on time. He knocked off around 2:30, grabbed a shower and put on some jeans and golf shirt with a light sweater over it, arriving at the restaurant / bar at about ten after four. Not wanting to seem to presumptuous, he took a seat at the bar and not one of the booths or a table in the dining room. Denise arrived right at 4:15 and smiled as she joined him at the bar. She had on a pretty flowered top and her black, employer mandated slacks. They decided on drinks, a vodka and tonic for her and a bourbon for him. After their drinks arrived, she asked if he would mind if they grabbed an open booth since she found the commotion around the bar very annoying. George agreed readily and followed her across to an open booth. He chastised himself for staring at her ass as she walked, but rationalized it by thinking it was certainly worthy of a look.

When they got to the booth, Denise looked at him "I'm sorry about this morning. It's just that not too long ago, I had an affair with a man who kept telling me he was getting a divorce and that his marriage was for all intents and purposes over. I kept believing, or at least wanting to believe, until I happened to see them out one night, holding hands and kissing each other. I beat myself up pretty good about what a fool I had been and vowed that it wouldn't happen ever again. Now, whenever I meet a man, my eyes immediately go to his hand, looking for a ring."

George looked at her for a moment and could tell that the pain and humiliation she felt were real. "That works I suppose for the 75% of men who wear wedding rings, but doesn't provide much protection from the 25% who don't." he replied.

"Well, for the moment I haven't felt much like being interested in any man, so that 25% isn't a concern either."

"Well, I'm glad you made an exception." George replied.

They chatted for a while. Denise told him about having been married at twenty two, having what she thought was a pretty good marriage for 12 years before her ex-husband traded her in for a recent college graduate. She was left with a great deal of anger and a young daughter , After struggling as a single mother, working jobs that provided no challenge or satisfaction, she was hired to manage the market's floral department and she discovered that she really liked it. It allowed her to be creative in the arrangements she created and also gave her time outside almost daily. Her daughter was now nineteen and attending the state university on a full academic scholarship.

George told her about how he was married just short of forty years, had two children and four grandchildren and ran his own online consulting service which provided him a comfortable living, especially as a single man living alone, although he had no expectations of ever being what most would consider wealthy.

When the waitress arrived, George asked her if she would like another drink and, after a moments hesitation, Denise agreed. "Just so you know, I don't usually let men I've just met to ply me with drinks. It's just that in the last couple of days I've found out that my rent is going up, my car needs a new exhaust system and my mother has been diagnosed with dementia."

"Oh my, talk about a run of bad luck." George replied. "And rest assured, I'm not trying to ply you with drinks, although in my youth the thought of plying an attractive female with drinks to loosen her inhibitions would've definitely crossed my mind. But after being out of the dating game for more than half my life and alone for the last year, my mind doesn't work like that anymore."

Denise smiled "Don't let some of the women at the store find out that about you or they'll be plying YOU with drinks and trying to get in your pants."

George's face reddened slightly as he chuckled "Well, I think in that case I should get a portable lighted sign that flashes 'Available'."

After their drinks arrived, they chatted about a variety of topics, discovered they were both fans of books by John Sandford and Michael Connelly, both preferred blues and Americana to most of the crap on the radio, they both liked cooking and bowling and they shared a love of animals.

George was amazed how much they seemed to have in common and suggested that since it was now almost 6:00 that why didn't they grab another drink and a bite to eat

"It's probably a good idea if I do eat something since I didn't feel like eating at lunchtime worrying about everything. I have heard that the food here is very good, but I've never tried it since I rarely eat out anymore." said Denise.

"I can attest that the food is excellent. My neighbor's son used to work here and my late wife and I ate here quite a few times.."

They both ordered another drink and she opted for stuffed manicotti and he had the seafood fra diavolo. By the time they were finished eating, Denise finally seemed completely at ease and George had lost his apprehension about being out with a woman after all these years. They both passed on dessert but decided a cup of coffee was in order because of the amount of alcohol they had consumed.

"I hope the coffee gets me sober, I doubt I could drive safely at the moment and with my luck, I'd definitely be pulled over." Denise said.

"I know what you mean. I didn't realize I had turned into such a lightweight in my old age. Why don't we walk to the other end of the shopping center and catch a movie and have a chance to sober up before driving home?"

"That's a good idea and with ten screens, I think we may be able to find something we'll both enjoy."

At Denise's insistence, they split the bill and walked down to the movies. After deciding that the latest computer generated animated kids film, the slasher movie and the dark psychological thriller were not viable options, they agreed on an action comedy about two detectives. The movie was good and they both laughed at the action on the screen while sharing a large cup of popcorn.As they were leaving, they both agreed that they finally felt OK to drive. George walked Denise to her car where she stepped close and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Thank you" she said.

"For what? There's no need for thanks, I enjoyed your company immensely."

"For two things. One for helping me enjoy myself and the company of a man for the first time in a long time. And two, for not offering to give me a ride home earlier and then expecting sex in return."

"You don't need to worry that I'll ever 'expect' anything other than that you enjoy yourself whenever we're together. Speaking of which, I had a really good time tonight, and I'd really like to see you again sometime."

"I'd like that very much, but I don't usually go out when I have to work the next day and since my days off are Thursday and Friday, I'm not sure how that would work for you."

"Well, working from home has certain advantages that working in an office or a store don't have. I can pretty much set my own schedule and if I take a day off during the week and work on the weekend, it doesn't matter. How about we go bowling Thursday night and I'll kick that cute little fanny of yours?"

Denise laughed with a sparkle in her eyes, "Oh, you're on Mister, and we'll see who has the sore fanny when I'm through with you."

She put his phone number in her phone and said she would text him directions to her town house after she got home. After a nice hug, during which George enjoyed the feel of her breasts pressed against his chest, they parted company with a couple of additional taunts about the upcoming bowling match

The bowling alley was almost deserted when they arrived so they had their choice of lanes and took one at the far end of the building, away from the entrance. Their first game was close but George prevailed but only by four pins. The second game went to Denise by seventeen pins but George teased that he was so distracted by watching her fanny as she bowled that he forgot what he was doing. By the sixth frame of the rubber match, George had regained his form and was leading by twelve pins when he heard a loud voice "Hey guys, you see that? I bet that old man is paying that MILF. Why else would she be with him when she could be with hot young studs like us."

George spun around with fire in his eyes as he looked at the four snot nosed kids overdosing on testosterone. Mr. Big Mouth stared back at George, his look daring him to do something about the taunt. George started to step forward when Denise placed her hand on his arm. "I got this." she said.

Denise walked over and stood about four feet in front of the self proclaimed lover boy "When that man was your age, I'm sure he was ten times the man you'll ever be and even now he's twice the man you are. So why don't you and your troop find someone else's time to waste."

It was at that point that the kid made his first, and last, mistake. He reached out for Denise and the next thing he knew, he was on the ground, screaming in pain with Denise having a firm grip on his arm. As he lay writhing in pain, Denise leaned close to his ear and spoke quietly "I've just dislocated your shoulder. It will hurt when they pop it back in, but won't disable you permanently. If I ever see, hear or smell you anywhere in my presence ever again, I will break both your collarbone and your shoulder blade and you'll have to jerk off with your left hand for the next six months. Do you understand me?" When the kid nodded, Denise looked up at his friends "Okay, cub scouts help this little creep up and take him across the street." When they just stood staring at her dumbfounded, she added emphatically "NOW". They helped their friend up as Denise walked back to George who stood watching with his mouth agape. He wasn't sure if he should feel embarrassed that a woman had handled a situation he was always taught a man should do, or whether he should be impressed at the ease with which she dispatched that macho jerk. Or maybe both.

"Did I neglect to tell you I had a black belt in ju jitsu?" said Denise with a laugh when she saw the look on his face.

"Yeah, I may be old, but I'm pretty sure that I would've remembered if you had mentioned that." replied George. "Although I must say that that was VERY impressive."

"Thank you. A girl has to have a few secrets, especially since you lose the element of surprise when everybody knows."

"I only hope you're not a sore loser when I finish kicking your cute little butt on the lanes." said George as they turned back to their game and tried to forget the incident.

After they finished bowling, George won the third game but lost the cumulative score by one pin so they called it a draw, Denise was quiet on the way back to her place. When they arrived, she unlocked the door and as they walked in she turned to face George. She backed him against the wall and kissed him hard and passionately. When they broke the kiss she said "I like you George. A lot. You're smart, funny and treat me like a human being instead of a piece of meat, but please don't ever think you have to be that macho guy and protect me. I put up with that bullshit for 12 years and won't do it again."

George saw the determination in her eyes before responding "No worries about that love. After what I saw tonight, I'm going to hire you if I ever need a bodyguard."

She smiled and leaned in for another kiss. This one softer but still intense. Their hands explored each other's bodies. George kneaded her breasts and teased her nipples through her shirt and bra, Denise ran her fingers through his hair before letting her hand slide down and cup his balls as he moaned into the kiss. When they came up for air, Denise said "Come to bed. I may have had shitty luck with men recently but that doesn't stop me from getting horny."

George decided, as he followed her down the hall and into her bedroom, that tonight was all about what she wanted and how she wanted it. In her room, Denise turned to face him, smiled, and reached out and started to unbutton his shirt. She leaned down as she worked the shirt off his shoulders and traced around his nipple with the tip of her tongue. When his nipple hardened, she grazed her teeth across it as George's hand stroked her hair. She kissed down across his chest and stomach before dropping to her knees in front of him. Her hands found his belt buckle and worked it open. His zipper soon followed suit before Denise pushed his pants and boxers down. She took his cock in her hands and slowly kissed down his shaft, exploring it with her eyes and lips. She took one of his balls in her mouth and weighed it on her tongue. Releasing his ball, she slowly licked up his length while looking up at George. He bit his lower lip and sighed as she aroused feelings and needs in him he hadn't felt in far too long. Denise engulfed his head with her mouth and swirled her tongue around it before taking him deeper and deeper. She slowly worked up and down his shaft, savoring his taste, the feel of him on her tongue, wanting to please this man.

After a few minutes of exquisite torture, George knew that he wouldn't be able to last much longer if he let her continue. He reached down and gently helped her to her feet. After stepping out of his pants, he tugged her shirt from her jeans and lifted it as she raised her arms to help it off. George placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her around. He unclasped her bra as he leaned forward and lightly bit her shoulder and neck. As the bra fell to the floor to join her shirt, he cupped her breasts captured her nipples with his fingers. He nibbled on her ear as he rolled, pulled and pinched her nipples. Denise moaned "Oh, yesss...that feels so good." George released her right breast and brushed his fingertips lightly across her stomach causing her to flinch. His hand moved lower and soon cupped her mound through her jeans. They were definitely damp and her heat was palpable. George whispered in her ear as his fingers found the button of her jeans "I want to lick you, suck on you, explore you with my tongue."

After sliding the zipper down, he eased her jeans down to her ankles. She stepped out of them and turned to kiss him hard. Their tongues dancing as they mutually eased down on to the bed. George kissed the tip of her nose and her chin, down her neck and lingering to suck at the hollow of her throat. He spiraled his tongue around her breast, moving closer to her erect nipple with each pass before capturing it between his lips and squeezing hard as the tip of his tongue teased the end of her nipple. He opened his mouth wide and sucked her breast in until his mouth was filled. Denise squirmed and moaned as he bit down on her breast, gently at first, but steadily increasing the pressure. He raked his teeth down her breast and caught her nipple between them. He raised his head up, stretching her breast before releasing it and watching it spring back.

George pushed and rolled her panties down her legs before shifting to slip them from her ankles. Moving between her legs, he eased them apart and kissed up her inner thighs. Her outer lips were glistening and her musk intoxicating. George spread her lips and lowered his head to run his tongue flat up her slit. He teased her clit with the tip of his tongue as she moaned and she growled as he drew her clit between her lips and grazed it with his teeth. He slid his hands under her ass and raised her hips as he spread her cheeks. He lowered his head further and ran the tip of his tongue along the cleft of her ass. When he teased her rosebud, she clenched and her ass trapped his cheeks as he circled and probed her tight pucker. When George licked up across her perineum and returned to her pussy, Denise reached down and grabbed him by the ears, pulling him tight to her dripping pussy. He drove his tongue as deep as he could reach and curled his tongue upward, tickling the sensitive spot on the top of her womb. Denise shuddered at his touch and with a loud moan her pussy clenched, gripping his tongue, and she let loose. George slurped and sucked as much of her cum as he could swallow and fought to keep contact with her thrashing hips.

As Denise came down from her orgasmic high, George moved up and kissed her, sharing her taste. When they broke the kiss, Denise whispered hoarsely "Fuck me, George. I need to feel you inside me."

George settled over her hips as she raised her legs up and wrapped them around his waist. He guided his cock to her opening and rubbed his head along her pussy to get it covered before entering her. As he sank slowly into her, Denise clawed at his back, almost hard enough to draw blood. George lingered briefly while fully inside Denise's snug pussy, then moved back until he was almost fully withdrawn. He set a steady rhythm...almost completely out...and then in deep again. Denise raised her hips to meet each of his thrusts and soon their pace increased as each spurred the other on toward mutual pleasure. When George felt his release building rapidly he hissed "I'm going to come soon, Denise." She reacted by squeezing him tight with both her legs and her pussy. George began to piston in and out as Denise matched his every thrust. Cum surged through his shaft and gushed from his tip, coating her pussy and mixing with her cum as she dove into the deep end of the pleasure pool. George stiffened as the last drips of cum oozed from his tip and Denise stiffened as she received them. George brushed a wisp of hair from her face as he lowered to give her a slow, deep kiss. She wrapped her arms around him and rolled to the side without them becoming uncoupled. They laid like that kissing and snuggling until George finally softened and slipped out. Denise looked at him and asked "Will you stay with me tonight?"

12