Incident at Cemetery Junction

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes," he said. "It is rather strange. I can feel your weight on me. You getting used to the sex, then?"

"After four hundred years of abstinence, you can bet on it," she said. She giggled and her voice tinkled like bells in his ear. He put his arms round her and just simply held her tight.

He thought for a moment. "Tell me," he said, "does a ghost sleep and if so, dream?"

"Sleep -- no; rest -- yes," she said. "You rest as if you were asleep. After all there's no real point in being out in the daylight if even fewer can see or sense you, is there? And as to dreaming, I cannot recall doing it."

They lay in each others arms, resting and giggling at little remarks. He told her more of modern life and his experiences. She looked at him. "Would you like to try a little outside exercise?" she said.

"Oh, yes please," he replied and so saying found himself on the grass. The moon was bright on the graveyard, casting dark shadows of the old stones. He saw the leaves moving but did not feel a breeze. Her hand linked with his as if it belonged there.

"How do we move?" he said.

"Concentrate as if you were walking," she said. "Your feet won't touch the ground noticeably, but you will move."

The ground was covered in leaves, but he felt nothing as his feet shuffled. It took considerable effort.

"That's better," she said.

"Are we likely to see anyone else?" he asked.

"Occasionally," was all she said.

He struggled to the wall overlooking the road and she guided him with little pressure on his hand.

"Easy now," she murmured.

He looked up and down the road. "You see just down from that road crossing over there?" he said. She looked and saw it. "That's where I was hit, blast him."

"If he comes back this way, you'll feel his presence," she said. "There's a strong bond between you which we must break. It might take a while, though."

She turned back. "Follow me," was all she said. He followed her, but with less uncertainty. Over in a dark corner a couple of shadows moved. "Who . .?, but she'd gone. "What or who was over in the corner?" he asked.

"Nothing for you to fret about", she said. With several windows open, they could hear the music from the Church. It sounded much better this time.

They stood by the cemetery wall watching the cars go quickly by. They'd done this on several nights. "Would you care to dance?" he said. By some mysterious way, they managed to hold one another and he showed her the steps of a basic Waltz. She enjoyed it and soon they were waltzing along the paths and he explained cars, traffic lights, and a few more things, which were strange to her eyes. They were about to leave when he quickened. "I can feel him. The Bastard's coming."

"Just watch this time," she cautioned.

The big silver Volvo came smoothly and swiftly round the corner and accelerated up the hill before disappearing. "He's single," she said as she watched.

"How did you work that out?" he whispered.

"No need to whisper," she said, "there's nobody to hear you who could do anything practical. And," she went on, "he's got a girl friend of sorts. I've seen her in the car with him. Is a Volvo a good car?"

"Oh, yes," he said, "very: But sometimes heavy on the juice."

"Juice?" she inquired.

"Sorry," he said. "A term meaning that the fuel in the car does not take it as far as some other types. I used to be an engineer."

"What is that?" she inquired. The gentle wind plucked at the grass but he could not feel or smell it. He thought he rather missed the smell of the grass. There was a huge anvil-shaped cloud mass building up to the west.

"An engineer is one who designs or fixes things for a living."

"Like our village Blacksmith fixed the wagons?" she asked.

"Sort of, but there's more to it now than then." he replied.

"Let's go back now," she said. They walked slowly back to the tree. Over in one corner of the churchyard, shadows were moving with some agitation.

"Ignore them," she said. They really are doomed". The shadows disappeared by a very old grave in the far corner, under a large old tree close to the road's edge against the wall.

"Is there any salvation for them?" he said.

"Unlikely," came the cold reply, "that used to be unconsecrated ground. Even the local cats stay away from that corner". In what seemed the blink of an eye, they were under the ground, her head rested on his shoulder.

"Can we ever be affected by weather if we are outside?" he said.

"Not normally, but there are times when a storm can cause strange feelings and could send you back rather quickly. It's only happened to me once, but it was not pleasant."

They made love slowly, gently kissing and stroking. Her nipples were hot as he kissed them and he stroked the smooth sensual curves of her hip. She stroked his head and pushed him down. He kissed his way down and gently licked at her clitoris, then up and down her lips, poking his tongue into her warm wetness until she tightened her legs round his head, moaning, shrieking then yelling at the top of her voice and flooded his chin. She relaxed as if limp. His head rested between her thighs.

When she pulled him on top, she went mad and bucked like a bronco, making little animal sounds. When her orgasm came, she was yelling, "Yes - Yes, YES," loud and long. They rested.

He wondered if the sound could be heard up top. "You make a real racket when you climax," he said as they had a restful cuddle. "Can anyone hear us up there?"

"Unlikely," was her reply. "I don't know," she went on; "it's not something I've tried."

She put her head on his shoulder and they rested. He felt at peace, warm and comfortable.

****

It had been a hot day and the heat stayed heavy and still in the evening. The Church lights were on and the service was under way. The Choir were in good form, too.

They were resting comfortably, in each other's arms. Their rest was, however, terminated by a very loud 'boom' followed by a shaking in the ground.

"Great Heavens, what was that?" he said.

"Lets find out," was her reply, and she vanished.

He followed her, and they were standing by the Yew tree in the middle of a terrific Thunderstorm.

"It will do little good for the telephone exchange," remarked James.

"What's that?" she replied

"A telephone is an electrical means of talking to someone who's not near you, like in another town or village." He explained to her what lightning was and they watched the electrical storm cascade its bright flashes in the sky. She watched with interest, asking questions and nodding at the answers as the storm drew steadily closer and more violent.

"Looks like Judgement Day," said James, as more lighting twisted and thrashed about the sky.

The storm was obviously heading directly towards them. Great flashes of lightning lit up the clouds and the boom echoed round. The wind whipped up, swirling the dust on he paths and shaking the trees. There was a pause, as if the storm was drawing a breath. The Choir was singing the Anthem with a determination that surprised and pleased the Vicar.

Just as the last chords echoed through the chancel, a bright flash and a very loud bang shook the graveyard as the lightning bolt struck the old tree in the corner. There was a series of very loud cracks and the tree fell slowly down over the wall and into the road.

Where the tree had stood was now a large, smoking black hole. "It is for them," she said. There was a pause as she lifted her head to the sky.

"Time we parted," she said.

"Pardon?" said James.

"You are going back," she whispered softly.

"And you?" he asked.

"I'm allowed up," was all she would say as she vanished. The echo of the thunder rolled dismally round the churchyard.

****

The Volvo sped along the roads. Jimmy was late and he was rushing. There was little traffic and he was pushing it; the car digging into the road as if on rails. As he turned the bend, he saw a figure and instinctively flicked the wheel. The last thing he saw was the trunk of a large tree.

****

"Hello; nice to see you awake at last", said the pretty nurse as he awoke with a bad headache, tubes everywhere and a general sense that all was not well. She had green eyes and her hair was the colour of a newly minted conker. "My name's Mary." He looked carefully at the rest of her. Her skin sparkled, her blouse was tight against her breasts and the belt she wore showed a very trim waist. Her perfume was familiar, somehow. Then he had a flash of inspiration and concentrated.

"Let me guess," he said. "An old family name, right? And the perfume is something handed down from generations of Mothers, yes? Roses and Night-scented stock? You're from a very matriarchal family and you had a distant Grandma drowned as a Witch. And you like to dance?"

"How did you know all that?" she said.

"Have dinner with me one evening when I get out and I'll tell you," came the reply. She smiled.

****

Some time later, the Vicar invited Mrs. Claverton to the Vicarage for tea. "Any thoughts?" he asked, after the customary greetings and inquiries. The Vicar poured the tea and handed it to her.

"Well," she said, "it's really not so cold in that area and the graves that were there have been completely destroyed by the lightning. You might like to re-dedicate the churchyard, particularly round there. Get the choir going and make a bit of a show of it. The locals will notice and there will be less talk."

She took a sip of tea and said thoughtfully: "Have you noticed anything about the other corner, by the old yew tree? There are flowers round there now: A bit late, mind, but a pleasant sight."

The Vicar had indeed noticed, and made a mental note to bless whoever had wound up in that old corner next to James. The ancient records were somewhere in the dusty basement and a little note in the margin about the outcome could do no harm. The circle would be complete.