Indian Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The shower in their cabin, at the Jenny Lake Lodge, in Teton National Park.

This was their honeymoon, he remembered. They'd been married a few days, and he was so madly in love with her. That was all he could remember now...their one true love was all that was left in the universe.

"You're here," he heard his wife whisper, and he turned to her, to those sweet eyes he had fallen in love with those oh so many years ago. "At last...you're here..." She was crying now, crying so hard she was shaking, and she dove into his arms and held on to him with a blind fury that staggered him. "I've been so lonely," she sobbed. "I was afraid you'd never find me..."

"Well, I think I had a little help."

"Oh? She found you?"

"Yes. You could say that."

"There were so many places...places you could have run to..."

"Yes, I suppose so. Well, I'm here now, Mary." He took her in his arms and pulled her close as he looked around the cabin, unsure of who he was, or what had happened, but he held on to her like he'd never let go of this moment ever again, and then suddenly, he was quite certain he never really would.

*

(C)2015 ABW|Adrian Leverkühn

  • COMMENTS
9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ahhhh.....

This well-crafted story leaves me with a sense of wonder. I'm having a difficult time fully absorbing the emotions that this amazing author has brought to me in this wonderful piece of work!

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
we keep traveling the same roads

I-15 north with a side trip to Lava where the 4th of July is celebrated in style. Hwy 30 to the Wyoming side and up through the canyon to Davey Jackson's hole, past Lupine Meadow and the Ranger's cabins and around the lake to the small lodge owned by Rock Resorts, aka Jenny Lake Lodge.

If you are going to step back in time that is the place to do it.

another road trip by a physician on a motorbike in search of the meaning of life. but this time life is in search of him.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Wow indeed

Quite a story. Thanks for sharing.

LadyVerLadyVeralmost 9 years ago
Lovely story

Glad I clicked on it from the New Stories list. I look forward to reading more of your work.

katibkatibalmost 9 years ago
Captivating

This is a superb piece of prose. Thank you. But surely you know that "soul's" is not a plural.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
Good Enough for the Goose... Stealing an accountant's wife can be dangerous.in Loving Wives
Al Andalus My wife is sleeping with who?in Loving Wives
The Promise Promises are meant to be kept.in Romance
More Stories