Be Your Own Stock Broker

Story Info
This teaches you how to invest in the stock market.
793 words
3.8
13.9k
23
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Investing is really very simple. Of course it can become very complicated, depending on how much time you want to put into it.

Choose good companies and ride the short term stock fluctuations without worry. Ideally you want to buy low and sell high. That's why low days on the stock market sometimes can get you bargain prices on good stocks that will in turn accelerate fast.

If you had invested wisely shortly after the 2008 crash, there is no doubt you would be very rich at this point. The problem is no one knew where the bottom was.

When a take over happens a stock can double or triple. The sky is the limit. That is why it is so important to invest in good companies that are marketable.

Some stocks are volatile. This allows for day trading opportunities. Looking at a company's chart is very helpful. The more information you can gather, the better.

If you can get in on the ground floor of a hot new company, there is big money to be made.

A lot of money is being invested in the stock market because seems to be the best way to make your money grow.

If you want some good tips, there is a network on television along with many other good sources of information to help you make informed choices.

Look at a variety of these resources.

In order to make an informed decision that will help you profit, do the following.

Go to an investment website to gain information about a stock.

Type the name of the company. What comes up are some choices. Choose the one you are talking about. Some are U.S., some are Canadian.

Under Latest you will see the stock price.

Look at the 52 week high Look at the 52 week low

Is the stock at its highest? or lowest? What is the range of fluctuation.

Look at the yield. That is how much dividend interest you will be collecting.

Now look at the charts. Click on 6 month. 1 year. 10 year. The trend is your friend. Look for up trends.

Right now is the time people invest to save on taxes. That means from Sept to March is a good time to see growth in stocks.

On your website click on Financials. Click on Income Statement. Look at their earnings. How does the current figure compare to the last quarter? Check dates at the top so you're looking at the most current information. Stocks rise and fall on the power of their earnings.

Now click on Analysts. These are people paid to evaluate the stocks. Does it say Strong Buy, Buy, etc? Is the stock fairly valued, under valued, etc?

Read the current news articles related to your stock. They are often listed on your investment website. If a stock is being heavily promoted it will usually go up with the hype, then later it will balance out a bit.

Look at lots of stocks. Compare, analyze, and make an informed decision based on world events and the need for this product/service in the market.

Some dividends are as high as 12%. Sometimes that means the stock might be sinking so it is best to look for stocks with a dividend at around 5%.

You may also see a rating scale established by analysts that ranges from (sell 5___1 buy). The closer you get to 1 the better the chances are that you'll make money on that stock.

Penny stocks are too risky and your money can disappear overnight.

Your risk tolerance is something you need to be comfortable with to. You don't want fear or greed to affect your choices when buying or selling.

Check online for discount brokerage houses so you can buy stocks at a very low commission rate. If you have lots of money to invest you can swing deals at the major banks, but don't let them do your investing for you.

They don't care about you and your finances as much as you do about yourself. You can look at your stocks daily and adjust your decisions. If there is a big dip in the market, it becomes a great time to buy top quality stocks. The market usually corrects itself.

There is something called a drip system. That is where your stock dividends can be automatically reinvested into more stocks of the same. You just have to ask for it.

Long term is the way to make money and don't try and catch a falling sword on the way down. As in if a stock is sinking, avoid it.

Hopefully your good choices will balance out with your poor choices and in the long run you'll be making cash. Happy Investing!