Induction of Dylan Magee

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh thanks coach. Do I kiss you?"

"It never goes amiss," he said and as Dylan kissed his leathery cheek members of the team who'd stayed to hear the verdict clapped.

As Murray drove out of the ground he asked, "What now?"

"I should think sex Murray. You are pretty good. But I must be in my own bed by 10:30 because I'll be awakened at 5:50 to get ready to go to the pool. Kath. I have pool one morning, then gym next morning, then pool then gym but Friday and Sunday we have free and Saturday morning we go recreational cycling with no sprints now that I will be playing soccer in the afternoon.

"Dan and I will look at this fitness schedule of your because you also have light soccer training on Tuesday evenings and a full workout on Thursday evenings. We don't want you over-doing it. We might suggest limiting gym work to weights and to commence light running say three times a week. It's likely we will discuss with you a completely new training schedule. Is most of your present schedule aimed at weight reduction?"

"Yes."

"Then more running each week and less swimming could be preferable. Running rather than swimming is also better suited for a good soccer playing physique. As I said we'll sit down with you and discuss and collectively work out a specific training regime. You revealed on the field this evening you have the speed and strength to be a classy player if we succeed in fine-tuning your skill levels. As assistant coach I can say already you are an asset to the team Dylan in plugging our weakest spot."

"Thanks. I help the club but can the club help me? I need a job."

"What kind of job? Some of our sponsors are prepared to help out where possible. What are you qualified to do?"

"My degree is computer science and I've been working in forming and troubleshooting of home electronic networks at all levels."

"Wow how convenient. Our biggest sponsor is J. J. Wheeler Electronic Appliances. I'll make sure Johnno and Johnny his dad are at the game Saturday and see you play. I'll tell them you are a techie and they will be interested because they are in rather short supply around here. If you check out and they offer you a job remember to opt to be on call, within reason, 24/7, and you'll get either a Holden ute with hard lid or a Holden Combo van with the right to use it after hours within a restricted area."

"Sounds good. Now let's stop somewhere for coffee and a sandwich."

"How long are you permitted to stay in Australia?" Murray asked over coffee.

"One year."

"With a tech job you ought to be able to gain permanent entry."

"I've already thought about that. It will help if I produce a work record from an Australian employer and evidence I'm fulfilling a shortage. It could also help that I have fitted in well and belong to clubs and play competitive soccer. I think within three months I ought to know whether I want to live here. So far it's looking pretty good."

Dylan went clubbing with Maggie and Sue on Friday night and they had a hilarious time. Dylan drank quite a few wines but danced with guys and believed she would have burnt up the liquor calories and more. Maggie was most interested to learn Dylan would be playing soccer on Saturday and said that was a good club.

"What grade will you be playing?"

"I don't really know. They just call it senior women competition."

Looking incredulous, Sue said, "What you just walked in and said you wanted to play and the coach took one look at your tits and said yeah baby, pick any position?"

"No it wasn't quite like that," Dylan said, when she and Maggie recovered from giggling.

"I met the team's assistant coach and mentioned I played soccer and he said they were looking for a right midfielder. I said I'd always played left midfielder but agreed to a tryout. The tryout was a full game after practice and I did pretty well and was praised for my speed and uncompromising tackling."

"Holy shit. I must see you play," said Sue. "What time is your game Saturday?"

"Two-thirty."

"Damn, same time as mine. Still we both will have morning games as well so it's only a matter of time before one of us plays morning and the other afternoon."

"Yes and I must come an watch you. Someone told me you play in the premier league."

Sue said, "Yes but it's still soccer, same number of players, same size pitch, same rules and same size ball. I'm keen to see you succeed Dylan."

"Me too," Maggie smiled.

"No worries."

Maggie and Sue looked at Dylan a little surprised and the three of them laughed when Sue said, "You ARE American aren't you?"

"Yes and proud of it but I am acclimatizing."

Murray called later that day and said, "Hi it's Muzza."

"Oh hi Muzza."

"What's happened to Murray?"

"Well I am endeavoring to culturally acclimatize and Kath told me probably the only people who call you Murray would be your mother and your grandparents."

"Kath really knows her stuff doesn't she?"

"Too bloody right."

"Um Dylan, that's what guys say and then only in informal situations. Just saying yes is quite well understood here in Australia."

They chatted and then Muzza said, "I'm calling because my flat mate has accepted a job in Sydney for the same firm and return tomorrow to pack and leaves Sunday."

"Oh that could be unsettling to you."

"Perhaps. I'm inviting you to shift in with me and pay no financial contribution until you have a job."

"What shift in Monday?"

"What about noon Sunday?"

"I mean that soon and with so little... No dammit, yes Muzza. Come for me on Sunday. Meanwhile you call Johnno or Johnny and arrange a job interview for me. Tell them they owe the club?"

"What? They've pumped tens of thousand of dollars into the club over the years."

"Oh. Well tell them I'm probably the hottest troubleshooter and upgrader of home computer networks in Melbourne if not in all Australia."

"Are you that good?"

"No. Perhaps you should say I'm one of the hottest troubleshooters and upgraders. That possible could be true."

"You have that cockiness that will make you fit in well in Australia Dylan. Keep all Sunday afternoon free for having sex with me."

"No worries."

"Strewth, you'll be a Shelia in no time soon."

* * *

Kath looked at Dylan rather concerned.

"Darling don't you think you are rushing into this? Perhaps after a couple of months going with Muzza you could be confident you've had time to assess your compatibility as a couple to live together?"

"No it's fine. If it doesn't work out I'll flat share with some young women."

"You may always return here. This is your Australian home."

"Oh thanks darling," Dylan said, hugging Kath.

"Um darling, don't you think it's about time you contacted your mom?"

"Well I suppose so. It's been three weeks since I left home."

"Hi mom."

"Omigod Dylan, you're alive. I've been so worried but your father kept saying someone like you always bubbles to the top. God that's a stupid sentiment."

"But I bet you believed him."

"Well yes. Where are you?"

"I've just arrived at Aunt Kath's and she's made me call you," Dylan lied, grinning as she watched Kath draw a finger over her throat.

"Oh knowing you are there is so comforting for me. Dick is so sensible."

Dylan let that one slide.

Dylan gave her Australian phone number to her mom, asked about her dad and then handed the phone over to Kath who talked for a few minutes and when the conversation began to wane lied that the battery was running out, smiling at Dylan who'd ran her finger over her throat.

Kath said, "You lied about when you got here and you avoided saying you're moving in with a guy."

"Yes. But please remember my mother does the dirty on my father and wanted me to leave home so she can have coitus uninteruptus with whomever she pleases."

"Yes and she's a naughty girl too."

"Kath do you have sex with other guys?"

"Baby you are far too young for me to answer such a question."

"Naughty girl Kath."

They laughed.

"Okay Dylan, you are stable, mature and are already settling in well here. I'll drop my objection to you moving in with Muzza providing that you promise to immediately return here if your life begins to turn to custard."

"I promise Kath and that's the truth."

Dylan had been into Melbourne central several times with Maggie and Sue and with Maggie alone but this time she was traveling on 'the workers' train' to the CBD and walked the short distance with Kath to the store. Kath had already booked in Dylan with the hairdresser, a thirty-something who was charming and asked Dylan what she wanted done to her hair.''

"What Kath told you to do," Dylan sighed.

"Oh we have a very bright American here," Lily laughed. "I am prepared to be a little flexible."

"No it's okay. I won't mind a new look. Exactly what does Kath do here?"

"She's big on client liaison, has responsibility to grow the business, she deals with complaints, hires and fires and supervises training and department efficiency and profitability. She's our boss, the general manager. As you may already know she's an awesome lady and has a huge reputation for keeping this group of saloons at the top of Melbourne's beauty facilities."

Three and a half hours later Dylan looked one more time in the mirror and still had difficulty recognizing herself. Her blonde hair had been cut short and yet was really thick at the back when back-combed, her eyebrows had been thinned and shaped, her skin had been treated and because of the way the make-up had been applied her cheekbones looked slightly higher, making her face look thinner and more elegant.

Kath looked at her and smiled. "You look thinner but you are thinner darling, the weight is coming off you at last."

"I know. Initially I kept thinking the scales were lying."

"Well either go home by train or drift around the shops and return here at 4:20 and return home with me. Do you need spending money?"

"No thanks, I have heaps. Kath I feel wonderful. Omigod thank you so much."

Kath turned away and sniffed and blew her nose.

"You will be a princess darling. It's emerging."

Kath went into a café for lunch and saw Sue Bradshaw with a couple of people and as she passed she said hi to Sue.

Sue looked at her without recognition and then appeared startled and said, "Dylan... Dylan Magee?"

"It is."

"Omigod," Sue said, standing and coming over to Dylan. "You've been to Kath's department. God you are beautiful."

"Same girl underneath the façade I assure you."

Sue laughed and taking Dylan's hand said to the older woman, "Mom this is my new American friend Dylan I've told you about."

"Good afternoon Mrs Bradshaw, how lovely to meet you. You have a wonderful daughter in Sue."

"Well thank you dear. You sound as bright and lovely as Sue told me you were."

The guy had stood and Dylan put out her hand and said, "You must be Sue's brother Carl. I can see a likeness."

"Well yeah and so who's the better looking sibling?"

"Oh your modesty is quite fetching. I would say a direct comparison would be perilous to suggest. If looking for a lover I'd certainly have said you but if I were looking for an exceedingly attractive friend I'd say Sue. I suppose it's you who has exposed the competitiveness and aggression in Sue?"

"Omigod," said Mrs Bradshaw, please sit with us darling. "Did Sue tell you that?"

"No she'd not mentioned a word about Carl to me except his name and that he was a recently qualified lawyer. It's just I'd had a flash picture of what it would be like growing up with him."

"I have two other daughters."

"But they are younger than Sue from what she told me."

"Ah yes. Sue told me you live with Kath O'Ryan."

"Yes ever since my arrival three weeks ago."

"Kath comes to my home once every eight to ten weeks to cut my hair and has done so for about twelve years after I was incapacitated after a vehicle accident. I hadn't wanted someone so young but she came into our home like a ray of sunshine and was soon telling me there was nothing I couldn't do given time and application. She was the person who turned my life around although professionals came in and gradually got me moving my legs and stretching my back unassisted. She was Kath Stone in those days and lived close by. After cutting my hair for the first time she'd called in every evening and sit with me for a while and that continued until I was walking unassisted again. Then one day she returned and said, 'What this I've heard that you are not driving your car yet?' So Kath was back every evening for a week making me drive up and down our driveway and then on the second week made me drive out on to the street and suddenly I knew I was ready to drive again."

"Oh what a wonderful story. I love it Mrs Bradshaw. I really think my aunt is awesome too. She's my mom's youngest sister."

Dylan had noticed Sue had been watching her closely as her mother had been relating those incidents to Dylan.

"Dylan I think there is something about Kath in you as well. You have an amazing manner."

"Well thanks for that compliment Sue but Kath has it all."

"And what do you think you have or what you lack Dylan?"

"I-I well I really have no idea Mrs Bradshaw."

"Well said mom."

"Yes and I agree with Sue," Carl said. "We appear to have been uplifted since your arrival at this table Dylan. Choose to believe it or not. You may wish to know its years since my mother has spoken about that terrible accident and yet I saw her smiling as she talked about it, shielding her worst memories of course by talking about her sweet angel called Kath, but nevertheless mother talked about it."

"Omigod yes, I did speak about it. Oh I can't believe I did. You must understand Dylan, I was driving and a drunk driver drove into us. My youngest child Tony died in my arms at the scene and that's why I'd never wished to walk again."

Dylan said softly, "And then along came Kath. It's beautiful isn't it?"

Dylan smiled holding out her arms and Mrs Bradshaw leaned into the extended arms and was hugged. "Kath was the right person at the right time for you and happily you got your life back. Unfortunately nothing could be done for your son but that's how life is and we face having to accept that."

On Saturday the team that Dylan played for, the Southern Belles, won their game in the closing minutes to break the 1-1 score. Dylan took a pass 30 ft out from the goal that the opponents raced to defend. Dylan saw her captain raise her hand and floated a long cross in front of her. Carolyn Withers raced in to just behind most of the defenders and headed the ball into the net for victory. She was deemed to have been onside.

Team members smothered her and laughing Carolyn regained her feet and pointing to Dylan said, "Guys don't forget our Yank. That curving cross of hers was within a centimeter of perfection: I barely had to lower my head to hit the ball right on the button."

A few of the players make approving noises and then Carolyn held out her arms and said, "Come to mama darling for your kiss. That cross of yours was made in heaven."

As Carolyn kissed Dylan the team clapped and Dylan felt the reservations many of they had about her were thawing already. That was confirmed later in the clubhouse when their coach Dan Daniels announced Dylan had won the player of the day award.

As Dylan was leaving with Muzza a guy with a bushy moustache intercepted them and said, "Introduce us Muzza."

"Johnny this is my American girlfriend Dylan Magee. Dylan this is Johnny Wheeler who is interested in employing you."

"Indeed Dylan, I watched you throughout the game. You are very quick, decisive and appear to have the ability to read ahead of play."

"Thank you Mr Wheeler."

"Call me Johnny."

"Thank you Johnny."

"I want you in at my office at 8:00 on Monday morning. If you are any good I'll start you on a two week trial..."

"I'm sorry Johnny but I don't do work trials. You ask the questions and put me through exercises if you wish during the interview and that's it. If you don't think I'm worth hiring at that point then like I said, that's it."

"Dylan, Muzza said nervously.

"No it's fine. This young lady has grit She won't be pushed around by clients. Do you mind if I ask you a few quick questions Dylan?"

"Not at all. Fire away."

"What's a dongle Dylan?

It's a security key, a little hardware device that plugs into the serial or USB port of a computer. Its purpose is to ensure that only authorized users can use certain software applications."

"What is meant by 100 Mbsp, baseband, unshielded twisted pair?"

"It is one of several physical media specified by IEEE 802.3 for use in an Ethernet LAN, referred to as fast Ethernet because of its higher transmission speed."

"What's a Winsock?"

"It's short for Windows sockets, which are files that allow Windows programs to connect to the Internet and other computers. Technically, Winsock is an Application Programming Interface, known as API, that developers use to make their programs network-enabled. So 16-bit applications use a file called WINSOCK.DLL and 32-bit applications use a file called WSOCK32.DLL."

"Excellent Dylan. You appear to have wide knowledge. Finally, can computer memory types be mixed?

"It is necessary to acknowledge mixing refers to two different types of mixing: type mixing and speed mixing, with only speed mixing being possible. Although you can never use different types of memory (e.g. DDR and DDR2) in the same computer, you can use memory of differing speeds. All that is required is a simple tweak in the BIOS to adjust the computer to run at the speed of the slowest memory installed."

"Well that satisfies me. If you come in Monday at 8:00 with a copy of your academic record and references and CV we can quickly check those out and then discuss terms and conditions of employment. You will not be expected to work Saturdays or take evening callouts when that time coincides with soccer training. Now apart from the contract negotiations, you are as good as employed, providing that's what you want and you like what you see when you come to us on Monday."

"It's very kind of you Johnny. I am keen to start work. My visa is current for a year but it's very likely I'll apply for residency."

"Oh excellent. Our club needs talent like you display and our firm needs people with the high-tech knowledge you appear to have. You will receive training in any particular area of need but will not be required to undertake new-recruit training. You will spend two weeks working in tandem with one of our field techies."

"Oh brilliant Johnny. I do understand that I have a cultural gap and you may have different ways of setting up networks and protocols here but I'm a fast learner. Do I kiss you to show my appreciation?"

"If you wish to risk getting an arrow in your back. My wife Silvia who is sitting some distance away behind you is president of an archery club."

"I'll make it a quick one then. Thanks Johnny."

As they walked off Muzza said, "Oh boy, have you impressed Johnny."

"That's fine so long as he keeps his hands off me. No way do I want an arrow in my back."

Dylan was not long out of the shower and was applying her make-up when Kath arrived.

"God just as well I went with Ruth a new coach with Dick's senior high school girl's team. Two players didn't show up and one was the goalie and none of the three reserves wanted to be goalie so the opposing team's coach/manager consented to me filling in. I only let one through but saved five probables. We lost 1-nil."

"God you are amazing Kath. Have you ever played goalie?"

"Only sometimes at practice but that was many years ago. How did you go?"

"Our team beat the Saints 1-nil."

"Oh brilliant. Did Kathy score though the center?"

"No Carolyn did."

"Oh great, she rarely scores because she prefers playing sweeper. And what's this?"