Innocence Lost Ch. 22

Story Info
Innocence is found in work.
2.8k words
4.75
17k
1
0

Part 21 of the 35 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 10/08/2000
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In Which Innocence is found in work and in work is found revived passion.

Innocence had achieved her independence: she had at last found a bedsit and a job that paid well enough for her to afford the rent. Honore had loaned her the money necessary to pay the deposit on her new home, but she hoped that with overtime she'd be able to repay her eventually. It was a very small bedsit - much smaller than what she'd been accustomed to in Labia or Wonderground - but at least when she shut the front door she was in her own territory, not shared with her sister or anyone else. The bedsit was a single room dominated by a single bed, with only enough room to squeeze past the wash basin, shower, cooker and integral wardrobe. The view from the window over the streets of Congress didn't excite Innocence's imagination much at all being mostly of the main road fourteen stories below and the tower blocks opposite.

The job she'd got was at the Fierzehn, a city centre night club. It wasn't one of the poshest or most fashionable night clubs in the city, but it was nonetheless very impressive, featuring dance floors on several levels, several fuck rooms, cafeteria and several bars. She'd been taken on as a barmaid, but at first she was worried that the night club's topless policy for its female staff might mean that she would be expected to do more than merely serve alcohol. Fortunately, the policy existed more for fashion reasons than for any sexual purposes, and Innocence was able to hide her groin under shorts or skirts.

She also wore a pair of flat shoes to take the weight off her ankles while standing for several hours behind the bar. Not all the other bar staff felt inclined to limit their freedom of dress to just being topless: one or two were totally naked while most wore very revealing thongs that basically were only large enough to hide a sanitary towel. All staff however wore sensible shoes. The work was undeniably tiring and long. Her work began just after eleven in the evening and continued to between six and seven in the morning.

The hours were not kind to Innocence. She went to bed at the same time as most people were waking up, fortunately sufficiently exhausted not to be disturbed by the sun penetrating through the thin curtains to her bedsit or by the roar of the city traffic. She would wake up late in the afternoon and prepare breakfast and while away the hours in shopping for necessities, sitting in launderettes and watching programmes on the television she had precariously placed on a chair at the base of her bed.

Different nights of the night club had different themes and attracted correspondingly different audiences. Most nights were for the benefit of the young - mostly in their teens or twenties - who had come for the purposes of dancing and socialising. Innocence felt most comfortable on these days, as the customers were usually more intent on stalking the dance floor than hanging around the bar. Occasionally, a woman or a man might sit on a stool on the bar all evening and try to attract Innocence's attention and persuade her to come to the fuck room with him or her. Innocence was scarcely at all excited by the propositions, but even if she had, her fear of revealing the penis she had hidden from sight would have put her off accepting the offer. And in any case she was usually far too busy serving at the bar to be spared for very long.

The fuck rooms weredark plush roomshousing a large mattress covering every inch of the floor, and where the lights were so dim that Innocence often bumped into lovemaking couples whenever she ventured in, as she had to do to collect the glasses which against the express orders of the management often found their way into these rooms. It was very dangerous to have glass in a place full of naked flailing bodies, who may or may not take advantage of the free condoms that were available in several exotic flavours and designs.

The nights when the fuck rooms were most full was on the Singles and Divorced Nights, as they were called, where older men and women - often in their forties and fifties - gathered in embarrassingly young clothes revealing far too much flesh for the express purpose of finding partners. On these evenings there were often quite a few unaccompanied men or women (but mostly men) who would sit on the bar stool and make embarrassing conversation usually about how beautiful Innocence's breasts were, why didn't she take off her shorts and did she fancy a quick fuck. Or maybe a long one. On those nights the fuck rooms were at their most overflowing and the dance floors at their most correspondingly empty. Couples often seemed unconcerned about where they should fuck and who might be watching. There would be copulating couples on the sofas, or on the carpet, or just standing up against the bar supporting themselves as their partners thrust away at their vagina or anus with penis or dildo.

The management did nothing to dissuade such activity, indeed it featured edited highlights from fuck films broadcasting from the banks of television screens or projected onto the dance floor. There was usually a floor act of some kind during the evening, featuring striptease, bizarre sex and audience participation. This usually came on fairly late in the morning, by which time the audience had thinned out, with the express purpose of enticing the remainder to stay on, drink more and forget about going to work the following day. Innocence found the floor shows some respite from work as most people who weren't already in the fuck rooms were no longer interested in buying drinks and those who might be pestering her for her attention were engrossed elsewhere. Innocence had to marvel at the skills of the performers, who seemed to be able to do things with their genitals that she'd never believed possible.

The other nights were generally preferable, even though Innocence was quite conscious of not being amongst the most fashionable of the people there. She had no intention of shaving off her head or her eyebrows, although she'd taken on the fashion of wearing a beret or other small cap on her head. She also didn't wish to shave her groin as so many others did and revealed enough of that area to demonstrate that they had (even if the actual lips of the cunt or the flesh of the penis were hidden). Not all the young fashionable people were quite as extreme as Twelve in their dress, although there were enough of them tending towards her particular style. Some still had quite long hair like Innocence - enough for her not to feel an utter fashion pariah. Many didn't even reveal their nipples, perhaps thinking that this was a degree of nudity beyond that which they'd be comfortable with. Or perhaps because they weren't especially happy with the shape of their breasts. The breasts and penises which Innocence did see promenaded all night were of all kinds and not all could be described in kindly terms.

After work, Innocence would join the early morning commuters at the underground station, most of whom were engrossed in the newspapers and not at all interested in looking at her, as she sat with her legs crossed wearing an overcoat over her otherwise nearly naked body. She would study the travellers opposite her with interest, aware that even those looking directly at her were really still too tired to actually see her. With only the rare exception, these people were not on their way to well-paid jobs, and they were correspondingly poorly dressed and very rarely particularly fashionable. Although Innocence wasn't paid at all well, she knew that she was earning substantially more than most of these others mostly in recognition of her unsociable working hours, and it must be admitted, for her physical beauty. It would not do for a night club like the Fierzehn to employ unattractive bar staff: the custom would probably shift elsewhere if they did.

There was one evening of the week when the night club didn't require Innocence to work behind the night club, because it was generally felt she'd look and behave rather out of place, and this was the Hard Core Night. It wasn't known as that because the sex was any harder than any other night. In fact, as far as sex went it was the Singles and Divorced evening that had the most hard core sex. The reason for the name was to describe the music which was basically faster, louder and more insistent than that of any other night. Innocence's fairly tame appearance would seem somewhat out of place amongst the rather bizarre and sometimes aggressive clothes worn by the clientéle. Her reluctance to bare her crotch was also thought a little out of place.

However, one of the usual staff - a girl whose face was normally covered by a veil and her feet by large boots, but wore nothing else - was feeling somewhat poorly that night. The manager suggested when he phoned Innocence that it might have something to do with all the drugs she took, and Innocence didn't find this at all unlikely. She'd often felt uncomfortable working next to someone whose body looked like a ravaged pin-cushion. So, she was persuaded to come in, but not to wear anything less than a very skimpy short dress which revealed her buttocks, but not thankfully her precious crotch. In fact, Innocence rather troubled herself that it might reveal more of a bulge than she was particularly happy with.

She really didn't enjoy the music that was playing, if music could be a word she'd normally ascribe to the thundering percussion, screeching samples and high-pitched wails. The audience however were totally immersed in it and the sweat that poured off their naked or nearly naked bodies. Indeed, there was rather more flesh on display than usual, if a lot of it was very pale and quite unwholesome looking. Far more heads were shaved than usual, although there was a general contempt for shaved crotches, underarms or eyebrows. Many of the men had surgery to give them breasts that looked incongruous on otherwise normally masculine bodies.

Many of the women still sported dildos, but it was unlikely that these monstrous ugly things - often made of metal with horrid knobs and hooks on them - were ever intended for sexual purposes. One feature that both men and women appeared to have in common was a fondness for laced boots that often reached high up above their ankles and sometimes had steel toecaps. However, there was actually rather less sex than usual: the fuck rooms were mostly used for drug-taking and the toilets were almost always heaving with people just hanging around or injecting themselves.

Innocence was feeling rather uncomfortable as she served the real ale, bottled beer and mineral water that seemed to be the favoured drinks of the mostly young clientéle. She didn't feel that way from any sexual advances that were made to her, although rather more blatant comments were made about her breasts by the men and women than usual. She just didn't know what to say at the aggression that many of the women expressed to her and didn't like the names she was given, like Hot Pants, Tight Cunt and, most scathingly of all, Magazine Model. She tried to maintain a bland friendly smile which attracted even more adverse attention, until she copied the very blank expression maintained by the other bar steward, a slightly plump girl with shaved head, military beret and plaited pubic hair.

It was on this evening though that Innocence met again her old lover, Dodie, who was with a company of other girls dressed just like her with green berets decorated by a single red star, boots and nothing else. Like them, her head was shaved but the eyebrows weren't, and the only piece of jewellery she wore was a single plastic bangle on her left arm. When Innocence saw her first she was engrossed in kissing another girl with an eye patch over one eye and breasts that seemed curiously large on an otherwise emaciated body. Innocence suspected that the breasts may well have been surgically enhanced judging from their unnatural firmness. Dodie then wandered over to the bar, looking somewhat disorientated, with heavy lids over bloodshot eyes and a faint trail of snot from her nose.

When she saw Innocence though, she paused as if hit by something and stood transfixed as if trying to be sure that she could believe what she saw. Sparkle then returned to her eyes and she grinned broadly and a little foolishly.

"Innocence! My love! My loveliest!" she exclaimed in a way that seemed totally incongruous in this unromantic environment. She leaned heavily on the bar, her long nipples brushing against an ice bucket and her elbows soaked in beery place mats. "Is it you! Is it truly you!"

Innocence smiled, while returning change from an order for several bottles of mineral water and alka-seltzer. "It is! This is where I work now."

"I didn't know you were into Hard Core. You certainly don't look the part."

"I'm not. It's just my job!"

Dodie abandoned her friends, who occasionally returned to offer her a toke from a large joint or a sniff from smoke-filled glasses, and spent the whole evening just sitting on the bar chatting to Innocence, while her old lover continued to serve customers. She chatted and chatted, without respite, about all that she'd done and seen since she'd left Wonderground. She'd only just arrived in Congress, and was currently dossing on the sofa in a very grubby squat in the Shit district of the city, an area Innocence had never visited for fear of being attacked by muggers or for being approached as a prostitute. She returned again and again in her rambling conversation to her abiding love for Innocence which persisted so strongly, through all the fucks she'd had, the indifferent, the casual and the passionate. "You're the only one who has ever brought meaning to my life!" she exclaimed with unselfconscious passion, clearly embarrassing the tall large-breasted man standing beside her with a large tattoo embellished on his shaved forehead.

Inevitably, Innocence found it impossible to resist inviting Dodie back to her bedsit, who barely noticed her environment at all, unlacing the long laces of her boots and collapsing onto her bed. She smiled blissfully. "It's so wonderful to see you again!" she exclaimed as she fell into immediate unconsciousness. Innocence slightly resented Dodie's invasion of her already limited space, but tidied the sheets around her, pulled off her dress and sneaked into the bed next to her.

The following morning, Innocence was awoken, very bleary eyed and with a raw mouth, to the distinct sensation of wet hungry lips taking her penis deep into a mouth and pulling it up into a more sensitive erection than she normally had so early in the day. She opened her eyes and focused on a dark raw hairy mass directly above her, only gradually becoming aware that she was staring straight into Dodie's cunt. The long skinny body with tiny breasts and with Innocence marked on her buttock caressed the front of her body replacing the warmth of the duvet. A little reluctantly at first, but with increasing pleasure, Innocence surrendered herself to Dodie's affection, soon reciprocating by firmly putting her tongue into Dodie's anus, while stroking and probing the vagina with her fingers.

Dodie moved more or less permanently into Innocence's bedsit - never seeming to be able to get enough of her body. The only times they were parted was when Innocence went to work and Dodie went to join the company of her other friends, happy to indulge in drugs and sex with them, unaware that this in any way compromised the passion she felt for her well-endowed lover. There was very little space in Innocence's bed for the two of them, so they slept very much enveloped in each other's bodies: Innocence's penis often left to sleep inside Dodie's cunt and her face side by side with Dodie's always blissfully grinning face.

Innocence didn't doubt the passion of Dodie's affection for her, and in the lonely forbidding anonymity of the city this was a centre of stability and comfort for which she became progressively more grateful. At the same time, however, it was a struggle to encourage Dodie to be more tidy, to return the cap to the toothpaste and to take her boots off before clambering onto the bed. These were minor trials however compared to the greater benefits of Dodie's constant love and affection.

To Be Continued...