Innocent Pawn Ch. 07

Story Info
She is in danger.
4.6k words
4.74
197.3k
54

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 11/09/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bella slowly opened her eyes, blinking several times as she adjusted to the dim light filtering through the windows of the unfamiliar chamber. She lay on her belly with her hand tucked beneath her chin, a dull pain throbbing behind her eyes.

A sense of urgency filled her as memories flooded her mind, and she knew she had to discover if Leonn lived. In those few moments when those men had closed in on them with swords drawn, she had finally learnt that she loved him.

She raised her head, and a soft whimper escaped her as dizziness and nausea assailed her. She quickly lay back down, sweat beading her forehead, and waited for the worst to pass.

Her whole body stiffened as she felt a warm hand glide down her back, drawing the sheet with it as it came to rest teasingly upon the sweet curve of her bottom.

“Leonn,” she gasped in wonder, uncaring of the pain as she pushed herself up on her elbow. Sweeping back her long scarlet mane from her face, she gazed up at the man that towered over the bed where she lay. Her eyes widened warily as they met shrewd brown eyes set in a handsome face lined with age.

“Do you know who I am, Isabella?” He queried, the mattress dipping beneath his weight as he settled on the bed.

She nodded shyly, a blush staining her cheeks. Her fingers hastily reached for the sheet to cover her bare breasts, but his hand shot out, capturing her wrist in his firm grip.

“Let me see you,” he murmured as his eyes wondered over her. Goosebumps rose on her flesh as his other hand applied firm pressure against her shoulder, forcing her over onto her back on the bed.

The blush deepened as his eyes caressed the small thrust of her breasts with their rosy tips, the narrow waist and gentle flare of her hips.

“You’ve ripened in the years since I saw you last.”

She flinched as his fingers pushed back her long red mane where it tumbled over her creamy shoulder, her wide green eyes filled with uncertainty as she gazed up at him.

“Please, I – I have nothing to cover m-myself with.”

“Isabella, do not deny me a father’s concern. I must see with my own eyes that he has not marred your soft flesh.” “I-Is he-“ Her lips trembled as she tried to fight the dread at the thought of what her father would do to the man who had kidnapped her and stolen her innocence.

“Forget all thoughts of him,” he father decreed. “He cannot harm you here, with my guards to protect you.”

Her eyelids fluttered close in shame as a heavy palm cupped the tiny mound of her breast, even as hope flared in her breast at her father’s words. What did her father mean that he needed to protect her from Leonn? Had he escaped?

Alarm shivered through her as he leaned forward to press a kiss in the valley between her breasts, inhaling the sweet scent of her.

“I-I am in sore need of a bath,” she whispered pleadingly as his thumb brushed a soft pink tip. She drew her knee up slightly, shielding the red fleece between her soft thighs as she pushed tentatively at his shoulders.

“Don’t be shy,” he commanded as he lifted his head to gaze down at her. Tears shimmered in her moss green eyes as his fingers curled around her knee and applied firm pressure, easing her quivering thighs apart.

He gazed down at her most intimate flesh for what seemed an age, his thumb lightly brushing the tender curls. “He will pay dearly for taking something that belonged to me,” he murmured as his eyes finally lifted to lock with hers.

Fear curled in her stomach as he stood up, his broad frame towering over her where she lay defenselessly on the bed.

“Rest,” he ordered. “You’ve been through a traumatic experience. Tonight will be soon enough.”

Terror held her frozen on the bed long after he had left.

* * *

A guard escorted her to the Great Hall where the evening meal was to be held. The hall was full when she arrived, and a cheer went up as she was led to her father’s table before the large stone fireplace.

Her father leaned back in his chair as he watched her steady progress between the tables filled with men and women. Her eyes lowered, unable to look upon the admiration in her father’s eyes as they roved over the long flowing violet gown of crushed velvet that moulded her breasts and hips before flaring out in swirling folds around her slender legs.

She was seated at her father’s side, and serving maids hastily approached, pouring wine and offering various platters of meat. Bella chose sparsely from the fine selection, doubting whether she could force even a tiny morsel of food past the knot in her throat.

Bella flinched as his large palm settled on her thigh beneath the table, and she fought back the nausea that welled inside of her. As much as she wanted to avoid this meal, she knew she craved the answers to the questions that plagued her.

“Father,” she began, eyes downcast, unsure how to phrase the question that had burned inside of her for so long. “I need to know why he did t-those things to me. He said you murdered his father.”

“I did,” her father replied, and the breath caught it her throat. “Although not for the reasons de Angel probably led you to believe.”

Bella bit her lip, not sure whether to tell her father that Leonn, for whatever reason, had refused to tell her why her father had killed his.

“It began over a woman named Claire de Courtenay.”

Bella’s eyebrows rose in astonishment. She wasn’t sure what she had expected to have caused the burning hatred between Leonn and her father, but a woman had never entered her mind.

“She was like an angel, lit up inside with an inner sweetness. She was fragile, and demure, and all you wanted to do was protect her from the world. You remind me of her in many ways.”

“You loved her,” she breathed in surprise.

“I would have done anything for her, would have laid down my life at her feet had she asked. Yet she was betrothed to another man, a man she didn’t love. So we planned to elope. Somehow he found out, but he was so blinded by his obsession for her that he did not care that she loved someone else.”

She heard the pain and longing in his voice, so fresh, as though he was speaking of events that took place yesterday.

“He sent several men to kill me. They came in the early hours of the morning, slipping into my chamber. Only they hadn’t planned on Claire being there in my bed, or that she would try and protect h-me from their killing blows. She died almost instantly.”

“Yet they didn’t harm you?” she queried, frowning.

“As soon as they had realised what they had done, the men fled, knowing their lives were forfeit if their master ever caught up with them.”

“What did you do?”

“I could do nothing then. He was too wealthy and powerful, and I a mere second born son. I found work on the first ship leaving port, and it was years before I returned to France, years in which I had amassed a fortune in trade and shipping. I met your mother on one of my trips to Ireland, but I dared not bring her home to France for fear that this man would harm her, for he still blamed me for Claire’s death. Only when your mother had passed away did I finally bring you to France, but even then I didn’t think it was safe for you to be with me, so I sent you to a convent.”

“Six years ago he finally found me. He forced me to fight him, ordering his men to stand down. By some trick of fate it was I who killed him, not the other way around. I had finally that it had been put to rest, and it saddened me to discover his son had taken up his cause, holding me responsible for his father’s death.”

She was stunned. All this time she had in some part of her heart believed that Leonn thought himself justified in his actions, holding her captive, forcing her to accede to his lust. To know that he had abused her wrongly gave her no satisfaction, and only seared her with pain.

She was lost in somber thoughts as two guards strode through the hall to kneel before her father’s table.

“De Angels men have been sighted in the village and surrounds, asking questions, my lord.”

“Round up my men. I want de Angel dead before dawn.”

* * *

Isabella had barely made it to the chamber pot upon rising the following morning before emptying what little contents there was of her stomach.

“So, Leonn de Angel’s arrow shoots true,” drawled Marie, and Bella spun around, her eyes widening as she caught sight of the elegantly attired woman sitting by the window.

Dread clenched in her belly at the malicious triumph in those golden brown eyes.

“Leave,” Bella demanded with a calm she did not feel. “I don’t care for your reasons for being here in my father’s castle, just stay well away from me.”

“Perhaps,” the woman murmured as she strolled across the stone floor toward Bella. “You should care.”

Bella flinched as soft fingers gently traced the delicate line of her jaw. Bella swallowed hard, fighting down her revulsion as she turned her face away.

“This castle belongs to my father. You have no say here.”

“As your father’s betrothed, it is unfortunate for you that this is not the case.”

“He can’t have…” Bella trailed off, horror widening her moss green eyes as her face swung back to Marie’s. “You weren’t at the evening meal last night.”

“I wanted the surprise of our first meeting to be in private,” Marie declared, eyebrow raised. “Surely you didn’t think I would forget what you did, using what was between your legs to get Leonn to throw me out of his castle with a mere pittance to survive on?”

“It wasn’t like that,” Bella breathed. “I didn’t know.”

“Don’t lie to me with those big innocent eyes, Isabella. I know you for the slut that you are. Leonn would have married me if you hadn’t turned him against me.”

“You’re his step-mother,” she whispered, shocked.

Her lips trembled as Marie reached out and slipped a nail beneath the thin strap of Bella’s shift, sliding it down over her shoulder. The silky material slipped, exposing a small rosy tipped breast that trembled with each agitated breath.

“What did you do to get my father’s promise to marry you?” She whispered, trying to distract the woman. Marie’s laughter tinkled in her ears like shards of glass being crushed underfoot.

“You’re father wasn’t even aware that Leonn had kidnapped you from the convent. Imagine his surprise and rage when he discovered who had you, and exactly what he would do to you,” Marie shivered delicately, her eyes glowing.

“My father’s men are out there now, scouring the countryside for him,” she choked out. “You claim to love Leonn, but was his death to be a part of your plans?”

Anger flared in those almond-shaped eyes. “I hardly think you are in a position to antagonise me,” the older woman said coldly. “Your father will never allow the bastard child of his enemy to live, even if it is his beloved daughter that carries it.”

“Marie, please,” she whispered, the blood draining from her face.

The older woman watched the turmoil in the sweet innocent face as she slowly slipped the other thin strap from her shoulder.

“Don’t…” Bella gasped as cold fingers gently pinched a soft nipple, coaxing it into a hard knot.

“What are you prepared to do, Isabella,” Marie drawled as she cupped the tiny breasts, causing the younger woman to shudder, “for me to keep your sordid little secret?”

“W-what,” she gasped, taking a step back as she tried to escape Marie’s caresses, but Marie followed her, forcing her up against the bottom of the bed. “What is it you want from me?”

“So tender and firm,” Marie murmured, playing with the puckered rosy tips. “Quite delicious. It’s a shame I have to punish you.”

“P-punish me?” Bella gasped tremulously, wincing as Marie squeezed her tender breasts hard.

“Mmm. I intend on making you pay for what you did to me.” Bella swallowed hard as Marie smiled maliciously. “I want you to turn around and hold onto the bed post like a good little girl.”

Bella gazed at the woman apprehensively, fear holding her frozen.

“Now! Do as I say or I’ll have you service the entire garrison on your back.”

Bella squeezed her eyes shut as she did as she was told. A whimper escaped her as the silky chemise was yanked down over her hips, tearing the tiny straps to let the material pool at her feet.

She trembled as her long red tresses were swept over her shoulder, exposing the creamy column of her back and the inviting curve of her bottom.

She heard a rustling behind her, and a scream escaped her as she felt the lash of something flick across the skin of her back, sending waves of hot, burning agony searing through her. Her knees buckled, but before she could catch her breath she heard the swish of air before she felt it again, fire igniting across her skin in its path. She clung to the wooden post, tears streaming down her cheeks as the punishment went on, her screams filling the small chamber.

She was unaware of the door slamming back on its hinges or the thunderous words of her father as he wrestled the belt from Marie’s grip. She was barely conscious when her father gently laid her face down on the bed, careful not to touch the inflamed skin.

“Please don’t hurt my baby,” she whispered as he smoothed back her hair, unaware that he stiffened beside her.

“Tie her down lest she roll on her back and do herself injury,” he barked out to the closest man before striding from the room, dragging a struggling Marie behind him. “Get a maid to tend to her,” he told another, before turning to glare murderously down at Marie. “Be thankful, Madam, that you did not draw blood.”

* * *

Her moss green eyes were lowered in shame as she stood naked in the middle of the chamber, unaware that the soft morning light lent a glow to her creamy flesh.

Her father leant against the fireplace, taking a leisurely puff of his pipe as he watched as the maid helped clothe her in gown he had selected. It was a creation of pale green faille scattered with tiny green and blue glass beads that caught the light. It was exquisite, with matching delicate undergarments that lent a blush to her skin at the thought of her father witnessing such feminine intimates.

She held on to the bedpost as the young maid rolled a stocking up over her toes and ankle, her eyes lowered beneath her father’s watchful gaze.

She knew she could not stay here, knowing that her father’s love for her was unnatural, that he merely waited for her body to heal before taking her to his bed.

She was still unsure what had happened when her father’s men had stumbled onto Leonn and her in the fields outside Leonn’s castle, and only had vague snatches of castle gossip to go on. It seemed as though Leonn’s men had been returning from a hunt when they stumbled across the small camp of men. Even though the armed men easily outnumbered the small camp, they quickly realised that at the first sign of attack her father’s men would have killed Leonn. Some sort of negotiations ensued, but when the men returned without Leonn, her father ordered their deaths.

Revulsion shivered down her spine as he inhaled deeply from his pipe, his canny brown eyes caressing her, returning over and over to the fleece of red hair between her creamy thighs as the maid slipped on a garter.

She was wary that morning, distrustful of the smugness and anticipation that curled around her father like the smoke coming from his pipe.

“You seem of high spirits, father.”

Fear had followed her around since he discovered she carried Leonn’s child. She didn’t remember the words she had spoken before collapsing into unconsciousness after partaking in Marie’s cruel games, but later he had assured her angrily that had she not already been badly punished, he would have seen to it himself for her stupidity in getting with child. So this smugness she was now witnessing was extremely disturbing to her frayed nerves.

“No doubt word of my anger at discovering your predicament has reached de Angel’s ears,” he finally said as the maid tightened the whalebone corset that dipped low in the back so as not to distress her bruises. “I’ve had men travelling the countryside on the pretext of business, spreading the news.”

“I don’t see…” Bella began as she stepped into the layers of petticoats, her hands shyly covering her breasts.

“Don’t you? I realised I no longer had to search de Angel out. He will come to me of his own accord.”

“You mean – you intend using me as bait?” Bella asked incredulously as she raised her arms to have the gown lowered over her head. “But he wouldn’t want this child even if he learned of its existence. It was his intention all along to return me to you with his child growing in my belly as a means of revenge against you. Only - only I never told him.”

“Have faith in your charms, Isabella,” he father said, striding to the door. “Many a man would do more than kill to get between your soft thighs.”

Bella squeezed her eyes shut in horror at the thought, unable to meet the questioning gaze of the maid.

* * *

She had spent the day with the ladies of the castle, always within careful distance of a guard. She let the chatter flow over her as she stitched delicate flowers on fine cloth, her fingers cramping after so long without practice. It was a relief when she could finally excuse herself on the pretext of having a headache as dusk fell.

She lay sprawled on her belly on the bed, unwilling to call a maid to assist her in removing her gown despite her discomfort as tears trickled down her face as she thought of the days ahead without Leonn. Even knowing he did not care for her, that she was merely a pawn in his revenge, did nothing to ease the ache inside of her.

She did not know how long she lay there, staring off into space before sleep finally overtook her weary body. She had barely slept these last few nights, anxiously fearing her father would force himself into her bed.

She sighed in her sleep as she felt a warm mouth press against the nape of her neck, the slide of fingers over her back as they fumbled with the tiny glass buttons.

She sighed in her sleep as his scent wrapped around her, a heady mixture of sandlewood and maleness that had haunted her for days.

Her lips twitched at his muttered oath as he gave up on the delicate buttons and hastily pushed up the layers of lacy skirts.

She whimpered as he pressed a kiss on the bare curve of her bottom, his fingers caressing the creamy skin of her thighs and bottom.

“Leonn…” she murmured huskily.

“Shhh,” he whispered, his fingers probing between her thighs, gently spreading her folds as he gazed upon her. “Let me taste you.”

She squirmed as she felt his tongue delve in the dewy heat between her thighs, licking her, nibbling her. She moaned as his tongue slid down her slit to circle her gate before pushing up inside of her. She writhed beneath him, and is hands slid up to cup her bottom, holding her firm beneath his teasing caresses.

She gave a start as she heard something crash far away. She whimpered as he withdrew from her, quickly smoothing down her skirts.

“I can’t stay,” he murmured against her ear, his fingers sliding beneath her body to gently squeeze her tiny breast. “But I will return. We have unfinished business, little one.”

“Leonn,” she murmured, slowly lifting her head, but the dark chamber was empty.

* * *

She had convinced herself that it has been nothing more than a dream. So she had been shocked to discover from the maid the next morning that men had stolen into the castle in the early hours and set the horses free from the stables. Her father had been livid when he discovered the only horse that appeared to be missing was his prize black stallion.

She had been barred in her chamber as soon as it was discovered that the castle’s defenses had been breached, and she was thankful she didn’t have to spend another day fighting off the catty barbs and whispered comments of the other women.

12