Intertwined Fates 26: Enchantments

Story Info
Tests are set by the sorcerer as they progress
4.1k words
4.57
9k
00

Part 26 of the 30 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 01/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

26: Enchantments

"How are we going to find this sorcerer?" asked Joy.

"I have got no idea. This forest is massive. Adam told me that they can't smell anything other then plants and various animals," said Carl. Just as Joy was about to answer there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," said Carl. Opening the door he saw Adam standing there, ready to go.

"Are you guys ready to go?" asked Adam, "Rachel is waiting in the lobby with Craig and Katherine."

"Yeah, just let us get our bags then we can leave," said Carl. "Everything will be alright Joy. We'll find this sorcerer and resolve all this mess then we can have some peace."

"I hope your right, Carl. I hate this. I just wish they'd leave us alone," said Joy picking up her bag and swinging it over her shoulders.

After they left the village behind them and were about to enter the forest Craig and Katherine stopped suddenly.

"What's wrong?" asked Adam.

"I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right about this forest," said Craig.

"There is a feeling of wrongness coming from here," said Katherine.

"I don't know how to describe it to you but it just doesn't feel right. We need to watch everything. Something is lurking in the forest," said Craig.

"We'll keep a watch out," said Carl.

After entering the forest Craig and Katherine shuddered as a wave of tingling energy passed over them.

"Are you guys ok?" asked Adam.

"Yeah, we'll be fine. It's just another indication that something is not right with this forest," said Katherine.

"Let's push on then. I don't think we'll find anything tonight," said Carl.

After some time walking, Craig and Katherine pulled back a bit so they could talk.

"Are you ok with this baby?" asked Craig grabbing her hand.

"I am now. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, Craig. It's just everything I've been told since I was little is that a demon is a demon. Some vampires obviously don't fit that image," said Katherine.

"It's ok. Let's help them with this then," said Craig placing a soft kiss on her cheek. "What do you think that unnerving feeling is from?"

"It's magical in origin. I think it might be the sorcerer that Carl and Joy are looking for," said Katherine.

Just as Craig was about to respond, Joy cried out "I think I saw something in the trees!"

"What did it look like?" asked Craig as they hurried up to them.

"It was just a flash, but I don't think it was an animal," said Joy.

"It might have been a creature sent by the sorcerer you're looking for. That unnerving feeling we've been getting is magical in origin," said Katherine.

"We'll keep a look out for it," said Carl.

They continued walking through the forest through the night, not being able to find anything they may lead them to where the sorcerer laid in wait. Carl had them stop and said "We need to get shelter soon. The dawn is approaching,"

"We can help with that," said Craig.

"A shield charm will repel the sunlight from you. But it's best if you stick to the shadows so we don't have to use as much strength to keep it working," said Katherine.

Craig reached Carl and put a hand on his shoulder and muttered an incantation. Carl felt a rush of cold pass over him then Craig lifted his hand.

"The shield charm will be active until I use the counter-charm," said Craig.

Once Katherine cast the charm over Joy, Adam said, "We are going to go find something to eat. We'll bring something back for you guys if you want it."

"We're fine," said Craig.

"Ok then, we'll back soon," said Rachel.

***

"They are getting closer. They may get here tomorrow night," said a creature.

"Thank you, Amir. I will activate the tests when night falls. It will be good to see how they fare with the tests," said the sorcerer picking up a crystal and handing it to the creature. "Keep a watch on them, Amir. I want to see their progress," said the sorcerer. The creature bowed and stepped out of the room.

***

"So what do you think of my friends?" asked Adam.

"Craig is a great guy. Katherine is a bit hard though," said Carl.

"I knew it would take a little time for her to adjust. She's been brought up believing that all demons are just evil," said Adam.

"That explains it. Can't blame her for that," said Carl.

"No, Craig hasn't been a druid all that long. He only went through the bonding ritual a year or so ago so he isn't as attuned to nature as Katherine is yet," said Adam.

"Oh, that explains a lot of that tension between them," said Carl.

"Yeah, I did find a trail of something. I think something maybe watching us," said Adam.

"A trail of what?" asked Carl.

"I don't know. It doesn't seem to have a scent," said Adam.

"We need to get moving again. We also need to feed tonight or tomorrow," said Carl.

"We'll get you some animal blood when we bring back our hunt in the morning," said Adam.

"Hopefully that will be enough," said Carl.

When the sun disappeared from the trees the group got up from the ground and prepared to set off again.

"Are you ready for more hiking Joy?" asked Carl.

"Yeah, all this endurance is amazing," said Joy.

"Vampire endurance is certainly some thing isn't it?" said Carl.

"Yeah. Rachel told me that they found tracks of some creature they think is following us," said Joy

"I know, Adam told me I think the sorcerer is aware of our presence," said Carl.

"We'll keep a watch out for anything that moves," said Adam as they all started to move through the trees once again.

"Thanks. If there is a creature watching us, it will be something the sorcerer is using to track us," said Carl.

"If it is anything magical, we should be able to track it. That unnerving sense of wrongness is getting stronger," said Katherine.

***

The sorcerer looked at Adam and Rachel through the shard of crystal that was connected the piece he had given to his scout. 'Time to set up the tests," thought the sorcerer.

He chanted words of power and sent the flow of power into the crystal. The crystal that Amir was holding began vibrating slightly as the flow of energy passed out and formed a barrier in front of the group. A shiver passed through Joy as she walked through the barrier.

"There's something here, Carl. I felt something strange," said Joy. Carl shuddered as the same tingling feeling passed over him as he walked up to her.

"Yeah there is something going on here," said Carl. "Guys, there's some kind of magical field here. Something feels strange."

Adam and Rachel passed through the barrier and instantaneously they were slammed with the full power of moon heat. They growled and looked at each other intensely. Adam groaned as he fought against the burning sensation that the full power of the moon fever brought in him.

"Craig, what's happening to them?" asked Carl.

"The sorcerer is watching us or has done something because that was a magical field. He's turned on the raging moon fever that werewolves get during the middle of the full moon phase. The urge to mate is almost impossible to resist," said Craig.

"It's magically induced so if they so much as touch each other they won't be able to stop until daylight," said Katherine.

"Right. Rachel get over with Craig and Katherine, Adam come up here with us. We need to keep you two as far apart as possible," said Carl.

Adam groaned as his body protested at being refused. He forced himself to move up to Carl. Rachel desperately battled the urge to follow Adam.

"Come here, Rachel, we'll help you with this," said Katherine grabbing hold of Rachel's arm as she struggled with herself.

"Are you ok, Adam?" asked Carl as Adam walked ridgedly along with them.

"I'll be ok, it's just so strong. It's only the half moon phase and it's burning me up," groaned Adam as sweat started beading on his forehead and his skin began flushing.

"The sooner we can find this sorcerer the faster we can reverse whatever he's done to you guys," said Joy.

"The sooner, the better. It's really hard fighting this when I can still feel Rachel behind me," groaned Adam.

"Isn't there anything we can do, Katherine?" asked Craig.

"No, the only thing I can think of is a siphon but that will make us super horny," said Katherine.

"That won't work then will it?" asked Craig.

"No, I can feel how much pheromone Rachel is making. The spell is incredibly powerful. If they were any less alpha then they are, they'd already be over each other," said Katherine.

"This is so hard. I can smell him and see him walk its driving me crazy!" groaned Rachel.

"I wish we could help Rachel but we'd be over each other so fast," said Katherine.

***

'Hmm they seemed to have handled that challenge remarkably well, I'll have to commend them on their choice in companions if they get this far,' thought the sorcerer. 'Time to begin setting up the next test'

He chanted another incantation and directed the power flow into the crystal shard letting it resonate out of its twin at the other side, the energy formed another barrier more subtle then the last.

Passing through the barrier Carl and Joy felt a slight brush of power that was disregarded for the moment, but just before Craig and Katherine were about to pass through the barrier Joy called out "Stop!"

But it was too late, they walked through the barrier and they cried out in pain

"Katherine! Why can't I feel you!?" worried Craig.

"I can't feel you either, Craig. Something is terribly wrong here," trembled Katherine grasping for his hand.

"What has got them acting so spooked, Adam?" asked Joy.

"Craig and Katherine have a spiritual link. They can feel what the other is feeling at the time. It's a constant connection between them. What ever that field was its severed their connection. Normally such a strong bond can only be broken by death. This sorcerer is very powerful if he can break their bonds with each other," said Adam worried for his friend.

Katherine pulled Craig to her and pulled his shirt up slipping her hand under his shirt to rest on his chest, Craig did the same to her resting a hand on her bare stomach. "Are you guys going to be ok?" asked Rachel.

"We should be ok if we don't break contact," said Craig softly.

"So are you guys good to continue on?" asked Carl.

"Yeah we should be able to," said Katherine shakily.

"There's obviously going to be something for us, Joy. Get ready for anything," said Carl.

"I'll be ready for whatever this sorcerer throws at us," said Joy.

***

'They are going to be very good for the council. They certainly know how to pick the right people for the job. Shiva was right, these two will be champions. Now they just have to get through the challenge laid out before them,' thought the sorcerer.

He started the incantation of a much longer and powerful spell as dark shapes formed in the cave chamber. Then he directed the energy of the spell into the crystal shard. The black forms dissolved and flowed through the crystal.

The crystal Amid held began pulsating violently as a vaporous black cloud erupted forth from it.

"Are they going to be ok?" asked Carl referring to Craig and Katherine who were huddled together moving along slowly.

"I don't know. Usually when a druid loses their connection with their soulmate they either go insane or die," said Adam.

"Surely that's not going to happen to them?" asked Carl worriedly.

"Not after such a short time, but if this isn't fixed soon I think they could just die from the shock of being cut off so completely," said Adam.

"Right, we need to find this sorcerer now then," said Carl.

"Don't worry, we will find him," said Joy.

Adam groaned in pain as he slammed into a barrier blocking his path.

"What's going on?" asked Joy.

"It's a force field. It must be your test, something we can't help you with," said Adam placing his hands on the invisible shield looking for gaps.

"Oh crap, watch out Joy!" shouted Carl as dark figures blurred straight towards them.

"Rachel! Where are you going!" shouted Craig as she blindly moved towards Adam.

As Adam watched on helplessly while the shapes approached Joy, he felt his neck start burning he turned and saw Rachel staring at him intensely, the moon fever beginning to burn hotter in his blood making him groan at the exertion from forcing himself not to touch her.

"Rachel, snap out of it, we can't do this," croaked Adam as her heat scorched him.

Carl saw Rachel force Adam up against the shield and take him in a violent kiss as one of the shapes slammed into him. He grasped at it but not finding anything to hold on to.

"Joy! They aren't solid," called Carl as he ducked one of the creature's blows.

"They certainly feel solid!" grunted Joy as a foggy fist collided with her cheek.

They heard tearing fabric as they tried to get away from the creatures ghostly grasps.

Craig cursed and said "We can't help any of them," as he held Katherine close to him, watching Rachel tear Adam's shirt from him and Carl and Joy being chased by the shadowy forms.

"I know we can't even let go of each other," said Katherine looking around desperately trying to find something, anything they could use to help.

"Maybe we can try and use the living roots to get Rachel away from him?" asked Craig.

"It might work. We'll have to try it," said Katherine they both sat on the ground and placed their free hands in the grass.

"I don't think its working, Katherine. I think that spell did more then just break our bonds," said Craig.

"I hope that we can get everything back from this sorcerer when we find him," said Katherine worriedly as she watched Rachel ravage Adam as he groaned against her.

Carl picked up a large stick from the ground and took a swing at one of the creatures. It sailed straight through the creature making it angrily slam into him throwing him against a tree.

"Carl! Are you ok!" cried Joy as she ducked another creature's blows.

Carl groaned and said "I'll be alright. But we need to figure out how to get rid of these things soon!"

He got up from the ground as the creature charged at him again. Carl jumped over roots sticking out from the ground. He tripped over another root hidden under ground. The creature let out a shriek and charged towards him. It passed through a beam of pale moonlight and screeched in pain as its form started smoking. "Joy! Get them into the light!" shouted Carl.

Joy groaned as the creature slammed her into the tree, its ghostly mouth forming rows of razor teeth. Then a patch of light streamed down next to her. Joy waited until the creature was upon her then she quickly rolled to her side forcing the creature to move through the light. It screamed in pain as smoke started to rise from it.

"There's one more out here, Joy," panted Carl as he regained his strength. Joy spotted a wavering movement in the air behind Carl.

"Carl! Behind you!" she cried out. Carl moved to avoid the creature but it was too quick and slashed its talon like fingers down his back. Carl cried out in pain as the creature's fingers dug in.

They heard the sounds of more tearing fabric as the creature advanced on them, its beady eyes glowing menacingly. Joy looked to Carl as the creature neared them. She then ran straight at the creature. It reacted in shock and moved back directly under the pale moonlight. It screamed in agony as its ghostly form began smoking away.

The shield then dropped away and Adam and Rachel collapsed to the ground aggressively attacking each other seeking dominance. Rachel grasped at his pants trying to open them while Adam tried to open her bra.

"Let's break them up. Try and stop them from doing it when they'll regret it later," said Carl.

"Yeah, that would be best," said Joy she went over and used her strength to drag Rachel away from Adam who had just succeeded in opening his pants. Adam snarled at Joy and was about to lunge at her when Carl wrapped his arms around his waist stopping him there.

While they struggled against them the sorcerer watched them and thought 'They certainly do match up to my standards. It's time I put things right.' His chair creaked with age as he got up and prepared his teleportation spell.

"Adam! Snap out of it!" shouted Carl as Adam snarled viciously trying to break out of his grasp. Rachel snarled at Joy as she tried to break her grip.

"Come on, Rachel, come back to us," said Joy.

"I can help you with that," said a voice from the trees. An old wizened man appeared from the dark trees and muttered an incantation. Rachel and Adam immediately slumped in Joy and Carl's arms, unconscious. "Just put them on the ground. I put them into a sleep to give them time to cool off."

"Now to you two, hold on. This won't take a second," said the old man. He mumbled another incantation, Craig and Katherine gasped as a surge of energy burned through them. Their bodies went lax with relief as they felt each other through their connection again.

"Who are you?" asked Carl.

"I'm the old man you've been looking for. Come with me. Your friends however will need to stay up here. This is for you only," said the sorcerer.

Carl wrapped his arm around Joy's waist as the sorcerer stood next to them and muttered an incantation. The air around them then started glowing and seemed to throb with living energy. It continued building until the glare from the light was blinding, then there was a flash and they were standing inside a dark cavern.

"This way," called the sorcerer calling forth a ball of light that sat in the palm of his hand until they reached a tunnel lined with flickering torches. He extinguished the light and led them through the tunnel until they came to the same room that Laura saw in her vision.

"This is my study. This is where I would like you to wait for me while I go and get what I need. I will be right back," said the sorcerer leaving the room.

"He seems quite eccentric, doesn't he?" asked Joy.

"Yeah, he does a bit. We don't even know what to call him," said Carl

"Call me Murdoc," said the sorcerer as he re-entered the room. "Hold still, Carl, or this will hurt," Murdoc held what looked like a stick in his hand and began tracing it around Carl's body after he had finished he moved over to Joy.

"Ok hold still, Joy," said Murdoc producing another stick and began tracing the contours of her body. Once he finished, he moved away and said "I'll be right back and then I will tell you what you must do."

Joy looked at Carl, widened her eyes and said "He's a little weird, isn't he?"

Carl chuckled and said "A little, but at least we get to find out what's going on now."

"Shiva told me that you would be arriving soon, so I made everything all ready it shouldn't take anymore then a few hours for it to be ready for you," said Murdoc. "And I know your wondering what it is I'm doing. Well to face Queen Regina you need something special. I am imbuing my specialty magic into a set of armor for you. That is what the stick is for, it's a magical measuring stick. It will help the magic shape the armor pieces in the right shape for your bodies. My magic is quite unique and I don't know of any other sorcerer that knows the secret to it. It affords complete magical immunity to mind powers, something your going to need while facing Regina. That is her unique skill, she can control minds with great efficiency. It is how she made Queen."

"Still, how are we going to be able to beat her?" asked Carl.

"Specially crafted weapons. I am making you my finest sword, Carl. It has my best protection charm imbued in the steel of the sword, and, Joy, I am crafting for you a quickblade dagger imbued with my best agility charm. It will enable you to strike like the cobra and move like the cheetah," said Murdoc. "Now I will be back with some refreshments. No doubt you are both hungry from your long trip." Murdoc left the room.

Acal
Acal
374 Followers
12