Into His Arms Ch. 04

Story Info
There is no out running an Alpha.
15.8k words
4.7
33.5k
73

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/27/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
minnie689
minnie689
163 Followers

~~A/N~~

Welcome back to 'Into His Arms'! Wow a lot of mixed feelings about Alik! I know his behavior is very... animalistic, but he is part wolf after all and they are wild animals at heart and territorial I might add ;)

F.Y.I. Italic words are thoughts spoke within the mind, either to themselves or telepathically between mental links.

Once again any CONSTRUCIVE criticism is welcomed. If you decide to leave compliments... those are accepted too!

Enjoy!

~M~

***Edit 8/24

Thanks for your patience and I am truly sorry for the wait! If you make it to the end of this chapter I will explain the delay I promise!

Right now without further delay IHA Chap. 4!

Once again Enjoy!

~M~

***Hazel***

She woke up slowly to the sweet smell of fresh flowers and soft light streaming in through the window. Not fully wanting to be released from the best sleep she'd had since her parents passed, she turned her head away from the bright light, closing her eyes again. Easing into a slow spine stretch and balling the sheets in her hand, she languidly slithered back and forth under the sheets.

She flinched hard stopping mid-stretch as a piercing pain shot through her abdomen, she to inhaled sharply, going very still as she tensed up. Her eyes snapped open as she remembered everything up until she'd blacked out from the pain medication. Her eyes quickly flitted over every object in the room, scanning for the source of her unease.

When she didn't find him she sighed and eased back into the pillows supporting her. Closing her eyes slowly she tried to relax once again, steadying her breath, trying to breathe through the uncomfortable throbbing in her abdomen.

Hearing the click of the doorknob being turned she tensed, trying to slow her breathing back to a resting rate. Sensing them come next to the bed, feigning sleep, she tried relaxing her body to fool whoever had just entered the room. She felt a coolness touch her skin as the sunlight disappeared from behind her eyelids, as the person blocked the light coming into the room. She could feel their eyes roaming over her and was becoming so uncomfortable in their assessment that she could feel the sweat beading on her back and sliding down her spine. She let out a fake snore hoping to aid in her ruse of sleep. Hearing a choked sound from above her almost caused her to open her eyes to who'd made it.

Before she could even peak out from underneath her lashes, the person had turned and had strode away from the bed to stand by the window. Feeling that this was her best chance to look at her mystery guest she opened one eye and saw the tall Abercrombie 'n Fitch man from before she'd passed out.

'I believe that domineering Alpha had called him Victor.' She thought as she took in his tall frame and his sleek back.

He stood by the window, head bent over to lean against the window pane, his short sandy-blond curls glistening in the sunlight as his shoulders trembled. He had his lower face covered with one hand while the other arm wrapped around his waist. As she continued watching him, the choking sounds grew louder while his whole torso started to shake more violently. Growing very concerned as he doubled over, she was about to ask what was wrong when he looked up. When their eyes met, his hand fell away and he burst out laughing.

She was stunned at the sudden outburst, but all she could do was lay there, mouth agape and both eyes now wide open as the man continued to laugh. After a few moments of his one-sided amusement she slowly sat up, folding her arms across her chest asking, "And what do you find so amusing Mr. Abercrombie?"

Quirking one eyebrow, he slowly straightened, wiping at his eyes "Don't get me wrong love, I think you're adorable when your 'sleeping'... But... Well, if you think your 'womanly antics' are plausible enough to deter him from claiming you I think you are sorely mistaken." Still chuckling, he continued, "That little... performance you just pulled was amusing, but trust me, it was not convincing..." Smiling widely he added, "See I would have added in some deep sighs, some mumbling... maybe a fart or two just too added in some theatrics."

She couldn't help the loud sharp laugh that escaped her. Quickly covering her mouth, she continued to snicker, her eyes watering in her attempt to control her laughter.

At her outburst his smile grew wider, turning positively devious as he said, "Ah-ha! I knew you'd find me to be better company after you woke up than your oh so sweet tempered mate"

She quickly sobered at his statement, "If you are going to pick up where HE left off before I blacked out... well... we can just end this conversation here. I am not his mate and I will never be the mate of an overconfident, condescending, domineering ASSHOLE!"

He smirked at her, "Well, I can't deny you that evaluation of his character, as he is ALL of that and then some." he chuckled halfheartedly, "I've known him since we were pups, going on over 300 years now, and I can tell you that he has many..." He paused a moment looking up at the ceiling before he said, "Layers? Sides? No, not that... Well, let's just say he's complex-"

"Look... um... Victor? I like you, you seem to be a nice man, but I don't care how complex OR simple you think your friend's 'personality' is all he's shown me is that he is a hot tempered asshole with no 'chill'. Frankly, as first impressions go I can soundly say I don't want anything more than a business relationship with the man," she held up her hand as he was about to interrupt her," and that's ONLY because I don't plan on letting such a petty thing as your child of an alpha ruin what my father's legacy was as the Keeper of this pack." Shaking her head in bewilderment she lowered her hand and continued, "I can't see how you have stayed friends with the man for, what did you say, over 300 years?! You must be a man of patience and good humor to put up with... with THAT for so long!" She made a swirling motion with her hands towards the chair where the alpha had sat when she was last lucid.

He sniggered at her attempt to sum up the man that was the Alpha of their pack. She watched as he unfolded his frame from the window and made his way over to her bed. She sat up straighter, eyeing him suspiciously as he moved to sit beside her in the chair the Alpha had previously occupied.

"Well, I can't promise that I was a saint myself during our entire life," He said with a lopsided grin winking at her, "I can honestly tell you he mastered a few of those hard stares and grumpy ways due to a few of my own shenanigans when were youths. So I will admit to my part in why he might be the way he is now." His expression turned pensive as he eyed her, "I won't make excuses for his actions towards you yesterday, but the way the situation came about is very peculiar if you think about it. I am positive this is not first time that he could have come across your scent. You've lived with Wynnie and Burim for years and we've come into contact with them enough times, where I am sure, Alik would have scented you off of one of them and realized at some point they harbored his mate."

Dropping her head down, she closed her eyes and started to rub her temples in circles to relieve the pressure building there. His words brought up questions that she was unable to answer and the Alpha's presence and actions brought up feelings she was too frightened to address.

Instead she said, "That is what I've been trying to tell you all! I have witnessed enough mating pulls to realize that the first waft of a mate's scent sends the mating pull into action," dropping her hands, she looked up at the ceiling continuing, "Ryon experienced his pull when he was young when he first met me, how can after over 20 years of KNOWING I lived with his keepers and meeting them an infinite number of times over the years and on EACH occasion being in close proximity of my lingering scent on them that he NOR his wolf noticed I was his mate?"

She paused, still looking up at the ceiling waiting for a reply before looking down into his confused eyes, "Because I'm not his mate."

~2 Weeks Later~

***Hazel***

Pulling into the small parking space behind her mother's old flower shop, she sighed heavily dropping her head to the steering wheel. It had been a long day and an even longer two weeks since she'd been released from the hospital. But with the Keeper induction ceremony being tonight, she'd had plenty to keep her busy and away from the overbearing Alpha.

After her conversation with Victor, she had refused to see or speak to Alik until she'd seen that Ryon was alright. She had never seen him so bruised and battered before, but then again, he'd never gotten into a fight with an Alpha before either. She blew out another heavy sigh as she remembered the ensuing battles between her and Ryon, her and Alik, Alik and Ryon, Ryon and the elders, the elders and Alik. Her head spun at the tangled web they'd woven to even slightly appease everyone that day.

She would have been dragged off the minute the doctor released her from the hospital if she had not agreed to move out of their family home and into the apartment her family had above her mother's flower shop in town. It wasn't like she would be able to stay in her old room after Alik and Ryon had destroyed it, and half the upstairs, in their brawl. This change of scenery, however, allowed her to avoid the domineering Alpha and had saved Ryon from countless other hospital trips.

Victor ended up being a great ally to her with keeping the persistent Alpha out of her hair. He'd kept her up to date on the Alpha's schedule so that she could avoid him and his incessant 'my mate should this' and 'my mate should that' statements.

She knew couldn't always avoid him as some of their meetings were for the Keeper's inauguration ceremony and required both of them to attend. But she had to applaud Victor and the elders as they always acted as a buffer to control the tense atmosphere that always arose when the Alpha entered any room she was in. Victor's light hearted character was such a contrast to the brooding Alpha, that she was surprised they could even stay in the same room together for more than an hour, much less having been best friends and companions since birth.

During the few times she'd encountered the Alpha over the past few weeks, she'd caught him a numerous amount of times staring at her with such heated gazes she'd thought he'd melt her from the inside out. Her nerves were so shot, that she felt his gaze even as she closed her eyes to sleep at night.

She sighed again, shaking off the memories of his gaze and turned off the car. Gathering her stuff, she got out of the car and walked towards the wooden stairs that led to the apartment above the shop. Using the keypad, she let herself into the house loving the added security feature that almost Alpha proofed her apartment. Groaning, she threw her car keys onto the front table just inside the doorway, peeling off her suit jacket and ascot, leaving everything where it fell. She was so exhausted she could barely balance to kick off her pumps. She hated the stuffy suit and heels she had to wear to those Keeper meetings, but she knew she couldn't embody the 'business lady' façade that official Keeper had to portray in her comfy "Pink!" Pajama shorts and fluffy "Pink!" slippers. Her mind turned towards the little shop just below her aching feet, picturing it as the silver lining in the whole situation. She closed her eyes smiling at the thought.

She was in the process of turning the flower shop into a bakery and the renovations were almost complete. She'd been quick to express her idea to Ryon, who she secretly still met and talked to while the Alpha was not around, and he had expressed his support. He was all for her finding a project to focus on to help deal with all the extra stress and changes going on in their lives. The renovation plans kept her grounded and focused, but when she was alone, she couldn't help but feel lonely. She rarely slept due to the threat of nightmares and the overflow of memories from that fateful day. She tried to focus all her energy on the inauguration dinner plans and the bakery renovations. She wished her parents could've been here to help her with the renovations, although her mother probably would have had a fit over her beautiful flower shop being turned into a sugar paradise.

Even though her mother had always told her that her relationship with nature was uncanny and that she could grow flowers from a rock, she'd never wanted to go into the flower business, much to her mothers' frustration. It had always felt wrong to raise those beautiful flowers only to cut their lives short in their prime to decorate someone's table or nightstand.

Kicking her shoes into the corner, she walked down the little hallway and into the kitchen grabbing a Capri-Sun out of the fridge. She was taking the straw out of the little wrapper when she heard a muffled noise. She spun around quickly, the hairs on her arms rising as she sensed something. Her eyes darted around the kitchen and over the breakfast bar, into the adjacent small living room. Quietly walking around the island counter, she stood on her tiptoes to look over the bar and caught a movement out of the corner of her eye. Her eyes darted to the window, as she jumped slightly before she saw a bird on one of the window's ledge. She dropped down off her toes, relaxing as she released her pent up breath and resumed opening her drink.

She screamed as someone placed their hands over her eyes and she felt a hard chest press into her back. Dropping her drink, she reached forward and grabbed the first thing her hands landed on, one being the tall pepper cracker and the other the tea kettle, and swung them behind her.

"Woah!... OWW," said a familiar voice as the hands dropped from her face, "Haven't I suffered enough abuse for a lifetime."

She gasped dropping her weapons her hands flying to her mouth as she spun around to face him, "RYON! OH MY GOD! Don't scare me like that! It's too soon to play like that!" She huffed pouting trying not to show how much he scared her.

She blew out a shaky breath, knowing if the Alpha had gotten into her house there was no way she'd be able to keep him and his wolf at bay.

Ryon chuckled, "Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you so bad I just wanted to lighten the mood you seemed... put out."

She squinted and pursed her lips, "Really? How observant of you," she pushed him back so she could pick up her drink and makeshift weapons. Placing them back on the counter, she stood with her back to him, staring out into the living room, trying to regain her composure.

"V... Come on, I'm sorry! Let's not fight, I just wanted to come see you before tonight's party. You know we will be watched like teens at their first co-ed party," he said chuckling as he placed his hands on her back.

Letting her anxiety get the best of her, she slammed her palms against the counter, "I don't find this at all amusing! I'm sick of these clandestine meetings like we're doing something wrong! And all you can do is make jokes like it's a case of Romeo and Juliet?!"

"Is it my fault that we're practically forbidden from seeing each other? I come when I can! What do you want me to do?! Kidnap you in the middle of the night?! Yeah we'll see how well that goes! You do know how that would turn out? Or do want me to do that only for Alik to hunt us down and drag you back?"

"No, we can't have that," she muttered before she could catch herself, "we both know who'd win that fight..." Her mouth went dry as she realized what she'd said. She knew better than to question if a male wolf could protect his own. But in her sleep deprived mind that was filled with uncertainty of her future and the turmoil of emotions these past few weeks, she could hardly claim good pack etiquette.

Ryon let out a fierce snarl, sliding his hand to her shoulder, he spun her towards him, growling down into her face, "Well, no one is forcing you to take a mate whom you believe can't protect you!" His nostrils flared as he gritted out, "You can play the frightened human if you want, but I smelled the arousal under your fear when I first grabbed you."

She gasped, face flushing as she sputtered, "Wha-... Wai-..."

"It seems to me that you have options that you are considering. So if you'll excuse me, I will leave you alone to ponder the best... choice" He released her shoulder and started walking out of the kitchen.

"Ryon! Wait! -I'm sorry! Pleas-..." She heard the front door slam before she could finish, "FUCK!"

She slammed her hands against the island counter and stood in the kitchen staring at the wall by the entrance to the hallway in a daze.

Not wanting to contemplate too long on what he'd just said she turned around and headed towards her bedroom to get ready for tonight's festivities. She was going to fix this and it all started with getting that Alpha in check. He was not going to ruin her happiness because he couldn't keep his dick in line.

***Alik***

He attempted to loosen his tie for the umpteenth time since Victor had helped tie the intricate knot earlier.

"Jesus Alik! I just fixed that! Would you quit acting like a kid in his first suit! Stop messing with my art!" Victor elbowed him hard in the ribs as they both stood in the parlor door of Aliks' mansion waiting for all the guests to enter.

"Well, if you'd just let me tie a regular knot you wouldn't have to worry about me messing up your useless creation!" He growled back. Nodding curtly and greeting several elders that had just arrived, his eyes did not engage with anyone else's for too long. He kept scanning the new arrivals as they filed into his grand foyer, but he was only partially paying attention to the pleasantries as the passed by, as he searched the sea of faces for one especially.

He'd only seen her a few times since she was released from the hospital and it was always in the presence of others. When he'd gone out of his way to search her out she'd always been one step ahead of him where he'd always would've just 'missed' her. When he'd finally gotten his eyes on her he'd just drank her in while keeping a tight rein on his wolf, who did not like this 'deal' he'd made with her and the elders.

He was mid-sentence when he went completely ridged his eyes closing slowly, catching a faint waft of the most intoxicating scent he'd ever smelt. He breathed deeply for another moment before his eyes snapped open searching for the pair of kaleidoscope colored eyes that made his heart burn and leap from his chest at the same time. His gaze, however, came into contact with the pair of hard brown eyes of her 'brother'.

The younger wolf's eyes flashed golden in defiance towards him and he felt wolf snapped at his restraints. The blatant challenge in the young wolf's eyes had him burning with the need to attack and dominate any opponent who'd dare challenge the Alpha. He growled low in his chest, the harsh sounds of his knuckles cracking and popping as he slowly curled his hands into fists silenced the elders in front of him. He was about to approach the insolent bastard when a strong gust blew through the open doors carrying a heavy cloud of her decadent scent into his face, calming him with its heady aroma.

He saw her head peak from behind the younger wolf's back, her hand engulfing his arm, pulling his challenging eyes away from him to look into her upturned face. He saw them whispering fiercely back and forth before he saw Ryon bring his hand up to caress her cheek.

"Alik..." Victor warned.

minnie689
minnie689
163 Followers