Into the Fire Ch. 06

Story Info
The Understanding.
6k words
4.74
24.5k
26
12

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/13/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Swig
Swig
432 Followers

Note: Several of you wanted longer posts, so I combined the 6th and 7th chapters. Doing so means it'll probably be a couple weeks before the next installment. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 6

I didn't see much of Shane over the next two weeks. He explained that early summer was a very busy time for the station -- barbeque fires, bonfires, campground fires -- so it wouldn't be unusual for him to be gone from sun; up to well past sundown. He never wanted to wake me when he came in late, so he slept in the guest room and was gone way before I woke up. A few nights I suggested he sleep at the station, so he wouldn't be on the road late at night. He would always text or call if he had a moment's break, making sure I wasn't too lonely, and that I was safe and sound. He always sounded exhausted, but he tried to hide it with flirting and X-rated banter.

I missed him terribly.

I tried to occupy my time by getting my grad school applications completed. I was reconsidering my original plan to move across country after graduation; an dream that was decided upon to get as far away from my parents as humanly possible. Stanford had been in my sights for the past few years, and once seemed so appealing, but now...

I didn't want to be one of those girls who altered their plans or put their entire life on hold because of some guy. I had goals. They may not have entirely my goals, but regardless, they had been set, and I wasn't comfortable just throwing them away. I worked hard, to a point where I was a sad virgin recluse, and there was a part of me that wanted to see it through.

Still, spending another three years at Yale was sounding better and better.

***

On Day 17 sans Shane I decided to check my phone to see if I had any voicemails. I had kept it off pretty much since my date with Sam. The only people who called me regularly were my parents, who loved to play a game called How Can We Make Tess Feel Bad About Herself Today? So when I powered up my phone, I was surprised when I saw I had 27 missed calls and five voicemails.

"Tess?!? Oh my God, where are you? Your mom called and said you were in an accident..."

"Seriously Tess, can you call me so I know you're okay?"

"We're all worried, the hospital said you left with your boyfriend? What boyfriend? Tess PLEASE call me."

"Okay, if you don't call me in the next 24 hours I'm filing a missing person's report..."

"You better be lying in a ditch somewhere, because if you're not dead I'm going to kill you."

I winced. All the calls were from the Delta president, Sydney. It never occurred to me to call my sorority sisters and tell them what happened. I was only a member because I was a legacy (a fact my mother never let me forget), and even then I never truly felt I belonged. Even though I had some administrative duties, Sydney and I weren't exactly close. Apparently we were close enough that she noticed I'd been gone for a month. I braced myself and called her number.

She picked up after the second ring. "Contessa Adams where in the HELL are you?!?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear. "Calm down, Sydney. I'm sorry I didn't call, but I'm fine."

"Fine? Fine?! Your mother calls me to see why you haven't been at your apartment, then I can't reach you for FOUR weeks, and you're fine. You won't be fine when I get my hands on you. I have called the hospital every other day to find out where you went and all they said is you left with your boyfriend. What boyfriend? Start explaining, fast."

I pondered how much to tell her about Shane. "I'm in North Haven. Yes, I was in an accident, and I've been staying with...with one of the firefighters who saved me. It's fine. I'm fine. So stop yelling at me."

The line went mute for a second, and I secretly hoped we got disconnected. "You're staying with one of the guys who saved you."

"Yes."

Another brief silence, then she quickly rattled off an address. "Meet me here in an hour."

"Um...it might take me more than an hour."

"I don't care how long it takes you, just get there." She abruptly ended the call.

I mulled over going for a moment. She's not the boss of me. But...I probably should have called. Or at least kept my phone on. I do feel bad that she was worried. Damn guilt.

I texted Shane. Hey, I'm going to borrow your car to go to New Haven to meet a friend. I'll call you in a bit.

I grabbed his car keys from the hook beside the door and reluctantly began my journey back home.

***

"Seriously, Sydney? I'm not even sleeping with him, I think birth control is a little premature."

I frowned at her, trying to look as serious as I could sitting on an exam table in a paper gown. The address she gave me was to one of the top gynecologists in the country, who happened to be about 10 minutes from Yale. But accolades and convenience aside, I was pissed she ambushed me.

She halted her texting and examined me from behind her gold Givenchy sunglasses. "Are you planning on sleeping with this firefighter?"

I felt my cheeks get hot and thanked God she couldn't tell. "Yes. I think so."

She pushed her glasses back up the bridge of her nose and continued typing on her phone. "Then you're going on the Pill. Then we're going to lunch, where I am getting a martini and laying into your ass for disappearing for a month, shacking up with someone you don't even know."

I yanked up the sleeves of the gown, trying not to add "Sydney saw me naked" to the list of embarrassing things today. "I told you I was sorry. I didn't think it would be a big deal, it's not like anyone is on campus anyway."

She snatched her sunglasses off and gave me the death stare. "Really, Tess? You didn't think anyone would care that you could have died? If you weren't already injured I would kick you in the twat." My eyes widened at the profanity, as she was usually very composed. "And I'm not going to have you getting knocked up your senior year. So be a good girl and let's get this done."

The door opened and the OB, Dr. Franklin, thankfully walked in. "Alright, Ms. Adams, you're here for birth control, yes?"

I narrowed my eyes at Sydney. "Why don't you ask my mother over there?" That earned me the middle finger and a silent "You Wish."

Dr. Franklin chuckled as she pulled her latex gloves on. "Alright then, let's start this exam."

***

"Start from the beginning. I want to know everything. And I mean, everything."

The ambiance at Union League Café was nothing short of impressive. It was elegant without being pretentious, its high ceilings and intricate woodwork spoke of its historical beginnings, while the food was innovative and modern. Sydney sipped her dirty martini, waiting for me to speak. I took a large breath and rushed out the story of the accident, how Shane took care of me, how our relationship was evolving and him asking me to stay for the summer.

She examined her nails for a minute before responding. "Do you love him?"

My stomach flipped. "It's way too soon to start throwing that word around. I've only known him a few weeks."

She drummed her nails on the table. "That's not what I asked. Do you love him?"

I stared at my Nicoise salad, my appetite suddenly gone. "I don't know. I think I could."

She took my hand in hers, forcing me to look at her. Her face softened immediately. "Tess, look. We've known each other for three years. I know we haven't been close, but...I know how you are. You're not an actively social person, and I've never even heard you mention a guy, let alone one that you actually like. You moved in with a complete stranger, you've started a relationship with him, are living with him for two months and planning on losing your virginity to him. That's...that's a lot of trust. That kind of trust takes most couples years to build. Whether or not you're ready to admit it, that's pretty much love, hon." She paused before her next thought. "I'm not saying he's not a great guy, or that you two aren't good for each other. All I'm saying is to be careful. In the few short weeks since I last saw you...you've changed. For the better, but you're like a completely different person. Just...just be careful. I'd hate for you to get your heart broken, because trust me, it's really damned hard to bounce back from." She had a pensive look for half a second, before she closed the shutters on whatever it was she was thinking about. "And if you ever need to talk about guy stuff, or sex, or anything. You can talk to me, okay?"

Tears brimmed my eyelids as she released my hand. "Thanks, Syd."

She dabbed at the corner of her mouth with her napkin. "Because Lord knows you need a positive female influence in your life. I'm sorry, but your mom is a complete bitch. She needs a Xanax and some good dick to remove that stick in her ass."

I laughed so loudly some other diners turned in my direction, but I didn't care. We continued our lunch with a lighter tone, getting to know each other all over again.

***

It was almost eight when I pulled up to Shane's house. I could see light in the windows, indicating he was home. I squealed happily, hopped out of the truck and ran up the porch. When I opened the door, the sight of Shane pacing the floor is what greeted me. He looked up at me and exploded.

"Tess, where the HELL have you been?! Do you know how worried I was! You send me a text saying you were leavin' and would call me and then you haven't answered your phone all day! I thought you were lyin' in a goddamn ditch somewhere!"

I hung the keys back on their hook and tossed my purse onto the couch. "Yeah, that seems to be a running theme today."

He ran both hands through his hair and let out an exasperated sigh. I walked up to him, wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my cheek onto his chest. "I was at school, having lunch with a friend. I forgot to call. I'm sorry I made you worry."

He drew me close to him and rested his chin on top of my head. "But you're okay?"

I tilted my head up and grinned. "I'm fantastic."

He bent down and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. "Woman, you're gonna give me a damn heart attack. Come lay down and tell me about your day." He led me upstairs to the bedroom, where we got snuggled up on the bed as I told him about lunch. Suddenly I bolted upright to look at him.

"Oh, and the best part! I went to the doctor and got birth control. I figured we'd use condoms anyway but it can't hurt, right?"

He drew his eyebrows together and stared at me. "Okay. That's not the reaction I expected. I thought you'd be happy, excited even."

He continued to stare. "Uh...I am happy. And excited. It's just...I know we talked about it, but you going on the pill...it just makes it real, kind of...and I'm...I'm a little..."

I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Shane Thomas...are you actually nervous about our first time?" I started shaking with silent laughter.

He huffed and crossed his arms. "Shut up. It's not funny."

I rolled onto my side, giving into my laughing fit until my sides hurt. When I had composed myself a few minutes later, I sat up and straddled his lap. The solemn look on his face made me feel bad. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh. It was just unexpected, that's all. Tell me why you're nervous." He glowered at me and I laid my head on his chest. "I'm sorry. It's just that the girl is usually the one anxious about her first time, not the guy. Don't be mad. Talk to me."

After a moment he relented, uncrossing his arms and wrapping them around my back. "Y'know, just because I'm the guy doesn't mean I don't think about these things. Did you even stop to think that maybe I'm worried I won't be good enough in bed for you?" I lifted up my head to look at him. "I mean, I'm your first. I'm the one who sets the standard for, ugh, anyone else you sleep with. And losing your virginity can hurt, and I don't like the idea of hurtin' you. And what if I can't make you come? What if that first time goes so badly it turns you off from sex forever?"

I sat up and clamped my hand over his mouth. "Stop it. You're spiraling." He raised one of his eyebrows at my use of one of his favorite phrases. "You're right. I never stopped to think you might be worried about our first time too, and I should have. The thing is, I have never wanted to be with anyone the way I want to be with you. I...I care for you, a lot. I want you to be my first because I trust you." He mumbled something against my hand, so I let it down. "Besides, you made me orgasm from just two fingers, so I really don't think that's something you have to worry about."

Shane cleared his throat. "I just want to make you happy" he responded quietly.

I started to unbuckle his belt. "You do." I moved to undo the button on his jeans when he grasped my hands.

"Are we...do you want to do this now?"

I shook my head and pulled my hands back to their mission. "No. Not tonight. But, to again use your words, I was an asshole tonight and I just want to make you feel good. Granted, I'm not as skilled as you are, so tell me if I'm doing this wrong." I unzipped his fly and scooted down until I was kneeling between his legs.

Shane swallowed hard. "Uh...okay. I'm not sure what you're doin', but so far it's goin' great."

I gave him a reassuring smile before tugging his pants down his legs and tossing them on the floor. As I curled my fingers around the waistband of his boxers, I looked up at him. "Trust me?"

His voice was low and raspy. "Yeah, sweetheart. I trust you."

I pulled the waistband down and freed his erection, tossing the boxers next to his pants. I sat and regarded his substantial appendage for a moment. It was...big. Not porn big, but big enough to halt my breath for a moment. It lay flat against his stomach, nestled in a patch of dark red hair. I must have gawked for a while, because I heard him ask "Tess? Are you okay? You don't have to do this."

I said the first thing that came to mind. "So...the carpet matches the drapes, huh?"

He barked out a loud laugh, then rubbed his face with his hands. "Damnit, woman, you're killin' me here."

I reached up and wrapped my hand around it tentatively. I heard a low moan come from behind his hands. I took that as a good sign, so I slowly started to move my fist up and down. "Am I doing this okay?"

He moved one of his arms to his forehead and steadied his gaze to me. "Tighter. You're not going to hurt it."

I grabbed it as hard as I could, which wasn't entirely easy due to its girth. Instead of solely fondling it, I decided to be bold, leaning forward and engulfing the head into my mouth. He gripped his free hand into the sheets and groaned. I swirled my tongue around the tip before gradually inching down the shaft. I went slowly, not wanting to choke or bite him. I would occasionally release him from my mouth just to lick the bottom of his cock, wanting to taste every part of him I could. Every "fuck" or grunt emitted from him spurred me on, not entirely sure of what I was doing but being pleased I wasn't doing badly. Eventually, my jaw started to get tired, so I enclosed my lips around the head, wrapped my hand around the shaft and stroked him, my lips and hand working in rhythm.

"Ah, fuck...Tess...that's it, sweetheart."

I looked up at his face, flushed, mouth gaped and half-closed eyes watching down at me. He started bucking against my hand faster, which made more of his cock slip into my mouth. He shut his eyes tightly and threw back his head. "Fuck...yes...fuck...fuck..." The first shot of his orgasm hit the back of my throat as I tried simultaneously not to choke and swallow as much as I could. I removed my hand and started sucking gently, trying to take every last drop he had. When I was satisfied he was done, I sat up and grinned at him. He opened his eyes and laughed at my facial expression. "That may be the best shit-eating grin I've ever seen."

I wiggled my eyebrows at him and smiled wider. "Technically it's a come-eating grin, but thank you."

He slowly sat up and pulled me to him. He gently grabbed the back of my neck before his lips connected with mine, his tongue darting in and out gently, as if he were tasting me taste him. I drew back and pressed my forehead into his. "Was it okay?"

Shane started trailing kisses down my neck and responded breathlessly. "Perfect. You're perfect." His hands rounded my back to unhook my bra. "Let me thank you properly."

I closed my eyes, unexpected tiredness rolling over me. "Actually...can we go to sleep? It's been a long day, and I'd like to receive your appreciation when I have more energy to enjoy it."

Shane lifted my shirt over my head and slid my bra down my arms. "Of course. But I'd like you to be naked. I don't want anything between us when we sleep."

I rolled over onto the bed to take off my jeans as he pulled his shirt over his head. As we slid between the sheets he spooned me, pulling me tightly to him. I fell asleep to him whispering into my ear.

Perfect. You're perfect.

***

I was roused from my dream state by delicate kisses on the back of my shoulder. As the kisses travelled upwards, I turned onto my back to accept them. A hand caressed my stomach gently while the culprit hummed softly into the side of my neck.

"Wake up for me, sweetheart."

I let out a slight sigh as my body began responding to his touch. I pressed my thighs together, aware of my arousal from the slightest of contact. I opened my eyes halfway, and was rewarded with a kiss on the side of my mouth. "Hi."

"Hi."

"Mmm, it's late, you should be resting."

He mumbled low in my ear. "I've rested. I'm rested. Now I want you." He shifted until he was on top of me, supporting himself on his forearms. His hair brushed against my clavicle as he kissed between my breasts. "Of course, I could let you go back to sleep if you want. But I have the next three days off, and I'd like to spend them makin' my girl come as much as possible." He pulled my nipple with his teeth, causing me to arch my back at the delicious sting. He decided to tease me by kissing up to my neck again.

"Do you know I plan on makin' you come in every room in this house?" He trailed down my torso with his nose, stopping to kiss here or bite there all while tormenting me with his tongue. "I plan on fucking you on the dining room table. I'm gonna bend you over the kitchen island, sliding in and out of you deep while I pull your hair and slap your ass. You'll ride my cock in every chair and couch in the house. I'm going to lick and taste that sweet pussy in the shower, on the porch, in the bed of the truck." He nudged my legs apart and stopped a centimeter away from my drenched opening, letting out short, hot breaths while staring up at me. I tried to push my hips up to connect with his mouth but his hand stayed on my stomach, holding me down.

"Would you like that, Tess? Do you want me to make you come?"

I whimpered, growing irritated at my released being denied. "Shane Thomas, if you don't get your mouth on me right now I'm going to kick you in the face."

He chuckled softly, casually nudging my clit with his nose. "Now, now, darlin', threatening violence won't get you what you want. Tell me what I want to hear."

"Please. Shane. Please." I cried out. "I...I need you to make me come."

As soon as his tongue parted my slit my eyes shut so tightly I saw stars behind them. He let go of my stomach to spread my thighs wider, savoring my arousal while I begged him for more. My hips rose off the bed to get closer to his mouth, and he accommodated by sucking my clit hard before inserting two large fingers inside of me. The combination caused me to scream out my orgasm, repeating his name over and over. As I started to come down, he leisurely lapped the sensitive area, enjoying the fruits of his labor. The intensity was good, but too much, so I tugged his hair until he rose above me once again. He buried his head into my neck and exhaled.

Swig
Swig
432 Followers
12