Into the Fire Ch. 08

Story Info
The First Hurdle.
5.7k words
4.78
17.2k
19
6

Part 8 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/13/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Swig
Swig
433 Followers

"I...hate you...so much...right now." I was flat on my back hyperventilating; too exhausted to think, let alone move.

"Hey, I wanted to stay home and fuck you all afternoon, this was your idea." Shane looked down on me with an amused smirk. "Now get up. This floor is full of sweat and germs."

"Germs are irrelevant, since I'm going to die here." I had foolishly requested Shane to take me his gym so I could join in his workout. Somewhere between bench lifts and five miles on the treadmill, I gave up. "On my headstone please write 'Here Lies Tess, Her Boyfriend Killed Her via Exercise."'

He crouched down beside me. "Maybe next time you'll listen when I suggest stayin' in bed all day."

"We've spent the better part of the last two weeks in bed. People are going to think I kidnapped you." I held my stomach, which burned every time I inhaled. "My abs are so mad at me right now."

He held out his hand, helping me stand. I steadied myself by leaning against his chest, which was glistening with sweat. "However, I am definitely appreciating yours." Basketball shorts slung low on his hips, a sparse line of a happy trail peeking out. I was dressed a little more modestly, everyday black leggings and a tank top that, at the moment, was doing a horrific job of concealing my cleavage. "Never again do I do this without a sports bra."

"Yeah, I gotta agree with that one. You do realize that all the guys in here are starin' at your tits, right?" He set his hand on my back and bowed down close to my ear. "And I am more than ready to take you home and have a thorough look at them myself."

I giggled and pressed my cheek to his. "But I'm all gross and sweaty."

"Good. Trust me, I've been watchin' you bounce all over this gym in these thin strips of fabric you call clothes for the last hour. A little sweat isn't gonna to stop me from spendin' the rest of the afternoon between your thighs. In fact," he gave my butt a squeeze, "I don't think I'll make it into the house. How about we cross the porch off our list, hmm?"

I felt my whole body ignite. "You're crazy, you know that?"

"Only for you." He bent down to kiss me when we heard someone clear their throat, interrupting us.

"Uh...hey, guys."

We detached from each other and saw Sam standing in front of us, duffel bag slung over his shoulder. "Sam! Oh my goodness, how are you?"

"I've, uh...I've been good, Tess. And you?"

I beamed. "I've been great." I looked up at Shane, who was scowling at him. I elbowed him in the ribs to get his attention. "Right, Shane?" He tapped his thumb on the small of my back for a moment. "I'm gonna go grab our stuff. I'll meet you at the truck." He gave me a terse kiss before releasing me, ignoring Sam as he walked past him to the locker room. "I'm sorry. That was rude."

Sam rubbed his bald head and let out a nervous laugh. "It's okay, I'm kind of used to it by now."

"What do you mean you're used to it? I thought you guys were friends."

"Yeah, we are. Or, we were. Ever since our date, though, he's barely said two words to me. Really makes things awkward at the station."

"Wait," I shook my head as if it would clear it, "I don't understand. What does our date have to do with anything?"

"I mean...look. If I had known you two had something going on I never would have asked you out. I broke bro code. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to kick my ass by now." We started walking toward the exit. "You two look happy, though. He's a lucky guy."

I flushed as we stepped out of the door. "No, I'm the lucky one. But I want you to know...we weren't, anything, when you and I went out. So you don't have anything to feel bad about. And I'm sorry he's been a jerk to you. You're a nice guy Sam, and I hope we can still hang out when we get back to school."

"Definitely." He gave me a brief one-arm hug. "You're such a sweet girl, Tess. Give me a call next week when you get back, okay? Oh, and a bunch of us are going to bar tonight...try to nudge your boy and get him to come." He headed toward his car as I waved goodbye. I searched for Shane's truck and found him sitting against the hood with his arms crossed, looking positively livid. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I walked toward him. Here we go again. He walked around and opened my door for me; as soon as I got in my seat he slammed it shut. We drove the five minutes home in sullen silence. When we pulled into the driveway, I grabbed his arm before he opened the door.

"Shane. Stop. I don't want to bring this negative energy into the house with us. Talk to me. Please?"

He sat back in his seat and fixed his gaze ahead. "I don't like that you went out with him. And I sure as shit don't appreciate him huggin' on you."

"Why are you still so mad about this? We weren't even together..."

"Bullshit, Tess. He's not getting off on a technicality. I told you how I felt that night, and not only does he ask you out, he tried to make it seem like I was hookin' up with Chastity. And when I told you there was nothing going on, you still went out with him. It was a shitty thing to do."

I placed my hand on his knee and gave it a squeeze. "Honestly? It sounds more like you're mad at me. Not him."

He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. "Maybe. But it's easier to be pissed at him."

"I'm sorry I upset you. I thought you were with...her, and I just wanted to hurt you, because I was hurt. But it's not an excuse. I don't want you to be mad at him."

He leaned back on the seat and started the engine. "You're right. I shouldn't bring this in the house. You go on inside, I'm gonna go drive for a while."

I wanted to tell him to stay, that we should talk it out, but I didn't want to push him. "Okay. Don't stay out too late?" He gave a slight nod but didn't acknowledge me further. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out. He waited until I was on the porch before backing out of the driveway and driving off. I watched him disappear into the distance, hoping he would come back and we could continue our day without incident. When it became clear that wasn't happening, I dug my phone out of my purse and called the first person I thought of.

"Hey, it's me. Do you want to take me car shopping?"

Sydney squealed so loud my ears rang. "You know major purchases get my panties moist."

I cringed at her use of that word and gave her Shane's address before hanging up. I wasn't waiting around for him to get out of his bad mood. If he was leaving, so was I.

***

Sydney and I roamed the used car dealership parking lot, the salesman leaving us alone to make a decision. I told her about our argument and was waiting for her profanity-laced advice. She peered into the window of a minivan and crinkled her nose. "Sorry Tess, I think I have to side with homeboy on this one."

I whirled around, not sure if I had heard her correctly. "Are you serious? He's being completely ridiculous. It's not like I cheated on him, we weren't even dating!"

She straightened, adjusting her purse on her shoulder. "True. But think about it like this. If you had dropped some panty-dropping poetry on him, and then he turned around and went out on a date with someone else - nay, a friend of yours - while he was staying at your house, while he was sleeping in your bed. Would you get over it so easily?"

I leaned against a car door and crossed my arms. "...damnit."

"Yeah, damnit. I understand this is your first relationship, but you have to start using that Ivy League brain of yours. Cut the boy a little slack." She pointed at a 2013 Subaru BRZ, roughly half of the fifty thousand my dad had given me. "That one. Let's sign some paperwork and go out. Is there anything to do in this town?"

"Sam invited me...well, us, out to a bar tonight. If Shane shows up, you can meet him."

She linked her arm with mine and led me toward the front office. "I get to meet your sex god and there's promise of guaranteed drama? I'm there."

***

"Sam, you are just the cutest, I want to shrink you and keep you in my pocket." Sydney declared her affection loudly, while the rest of the group made kissy-faces in Sam's direction. The moment we walked into The Steel Room, Sydney and Sam had been joined at the hip, platonic love at first sight. While they laughed, and the other firemen made fun that Sam had a new "girlfriend", I kept looking at the door every two minutes. I texted Shane that we were going to be at the bar, but he never responded. I was afraid he was too mad to come. Sydney clutched my forearm, leaning close to my ear. "Dude, stop freaking out. He's going to show up."

I nodded and gave her a small smile. "I'll be back in a sec." I headed out the front door, leaning against the wall while I dialed Shane's number. After two rings it sent me to voicemail. "Hi. It's me. I finally get why you're mad. I just want to say I'm sorry. And tell you I was wrong. And then maybe we could have make-up sex? Sydney made me buy slutty underwear this afternoon and I think you'd like it. Anyway. We'll be here for a while." I pressed the end button and cradled the phone in my hands, hoping it would ring.

"Exactly how slutty are we talkin'?"

I turned and was greeted with the broad smile of the man I love. I threw my arms around his neck as he lifted me off the ground. "Slutty underwear and a hug? How did I get so lucky?"

I kissed his cheek between apologies. "I'm sorry. You were right. I'm an asshole."

He briefly tightened his hold on me before setting me on the sidewalk. "Eh, I was being a baby. Thanks for understanding, though. And you're much too cute to be an asshole." He kissed me earnestly. "I'm over it. Let's grab a drink."

I pushed against his chest, preventing him from walking forward. "Does that mean you're going to talk to Sam?"

He grumbled. "That's not how guys do things, Tess. It'll blow over."

I shook my head. "You have to tell him everything is okay. I don't have many friends at school, and I want you two to make up. Please?"

"...fine. This better be some damn good lingerie."

I bit my lip and glanced up at him. "It is. But you'll have to see it another day, because I'm not wearing it right now.

He snaked a hand under my denim skirt and growled quietly when he felt my bare ass. "Lil' girl, have you really been at a bar with a bunch of drunk assholes, bare assed, without me?"

I licked my lips and watched his gaze fall to my mouth. "To be fair, though, I tried to get you here sooner."

He ran his thumb across my lips before slipping it between them, encouraging me to give it a hard suck. "When we get home I'm putting that smart mouth of yours to good use."

"Nuh uh, Sydney's staying in the guest room."

"Then she better have earplugs, or go to a hotel, because there is nothing on this earth stopping me from fuckin' you so hard the walls rattle."

Shock registered on my face. "Well, no, that just sounds painful."

He let out a booming laugh and draped his arm around my shoulder. "Not the way I plan on doing it, sweetheart." He led me in the door and to our table, the usual chant of his nickname ringing throughout the room. Upon our approach, Sydney stood and sauntered over, stopping Shane in his tracks. She somberly looked his up and down, giving him a stone cold stare. "You. You the boyfriend?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Yes, ma'am."

Sydney poked him hard on the arm with her forefinger. "If you ever, ever, do anything to hurt this precious flower I will pour hot sauce on your dick, cut it off, grind it into sausage and feed it to you. You treat her right, do you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am, I hear you."

"Anything you have to say?"

"You're beautiful. And let me buy you a drink."

Sydney couldn't keep a smile from appearing on her face. "Okay, you can live. For now. Dirty martini."

Shane nodded and turned toward Sam. "You. I want to talk to you." Sam looked at me to make sure it was okay. I mouthed "Go" and he made his way to the bar, Shane right on his heels. "Is he going to kick his ass?" Sydney whispered.

"I hope not." I watched as the bartender served them two shots. Shane said something inaudible that made Sam nod. They drank their shots and Shane patted Sam on the back before he bought Sydney's drink back to her. I pulled him away from the table. "Is everything okay? What did you say to him?"

He took my hand in his and kissed my fingertips. "I told him I would stop being an asshole because you like him, and I love you. But if he ever so much as thought about laying a finger on you again I would kill him. And I will, so don't push it."

I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Thank you."

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Fuck no."

He chuckled. "Whiskey makin' you frisky?"

"Fuck yes."

He took my hand and led me back towards the table. Sydney took one look at us and waved her hand. "Yeah, I'll be staying at a hotel tonight, I am not about to hear you two fucking all night." The whole table roared with laughter. I pulled her out of her seat and gave her a huge bear hug. "Thanks for coming."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I'll be over for breakfast. Go fuck your man." She released me and sat on Sam's lap. I squeezed his shoulder and gave him a silent "Thank you." He gave me a half-smile and nodded. I turned and looked up at Shane. "Ready to go?"

A sly grin spread across his face as he walked us to the door. His silence said more than his affirmation ever could.

***

As soon as we pulled out of the parking lot I started peeling off my shirt around my seatbelt. Shane kept stealing glances while trying to keep his eyes on the road. "Woman, are you tryin' to make me wreck?"

I lifted my behind off the seat and slid my skirt down to the floor. "I'm fucking horny, I need you to drive faster."

"Then touch yourself." I stalled, never having touched myself in front of him. "You heard me, darlin'. Touch yourself."

My hand traveled down my stomach and landed on my clit, making small, rapid circles. My heart started palpitating, fixating at him while he focused on the road.

"Fuck yourself. Get two fingers inside of that precious cunt of yours."

I groaned at the abrupt interruption, so close to coming. I stroked my opening, coating my fingers with my wetness before plunging them inside. I continued to watch him as I slowly stroked my walls. "Please..."

His hands gripped the steering wheel. "Patience, sweetheart. Do not come until we get home. Understood?"

I whimpered as I tried to delay my impending orgasm. "I can't. I can't wait..."

"Yes you can. I'm gonna to fuck you so good when we get home...do you want to come on your fingers or come on my cock?"

I snatched my hand out and squeezed my thighs together. "Hurry. I need you inside of me."

Not ninety seconds later he pulled into the driveway. He turned off the lights and cut the engine while I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped out. He rounded the front of the truck until he reached me. I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his waist as my lips crashed upon his. My tongue forcefully wrapped around his, devouring every inch of his mouth. "Here. Fuck me here. I need you."

He lowered us both down into the grass next to the truck. I watched him pull his shirt off, the moonlight cascading over us, millions of stars twinkling in the sky above him. He pushed his jeans down far enough to expose himself, settling over me while he hastily drove his cock home. I dug my fingers in the dirt, reveling in the wholeness I felt, both physically and in my soul. He set an easy pace, knowing there was no need to hurry. "I fucking love you. I fucking love you..." I felt the earth move beneath me as we connected physically, passionately. No words needed to be spoken, we used our bodies to convey the emotions we couldn't speak, ebbing and flowing against each other. Forgetting the world. Forgetting ourselves.

"Please, Shane."

He began to prolong his strokes, signaling he was close. "I love you...come...stay...be mine...come for me..." We peaked together, cementing ourselves into each other, not able to get closer, melting around each other. Panting. Pleased. Green eyes bore into brown, as he tried to take stock of my physical state. "Tess, darlin'."

"Hmm?"

"You can't fall asleep naked in the yard. The neighbors will talk."

I yawned and granted him a lethargic smile. "You don't have neighbors. And I can't exactly walk at the moment."

"That good, huh?"

"Yes, that, and you're still lying on top of me."

We disentangled ourselves and he tucked himself back into his pants. I raised my arms, reaching for him. "Carry me?"

"You're a brat, you know that?" He teased as he scooped me into his arms. "Let's go get cleaned up."

***

"I have a surprise for you."

Shane was standing behind me after our shower as I ran a brush through my tangled mop. "Again? Your dick is going to fall off at the rate we're going." He shuddered dramatically. "Thanks for that mental image. Come this way, Miss Contessa." I set my hairbrush on the sink and followed him to the guest room. As he switched on the light I received a view of a Sketch Box easel perched in the corner by the window. On it sat a large, blank canvas, with an array of paint and brushes in a box on the floor.

"When did you do this?"

He gave me a sheepish look, like a kid who'd gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "This afternoon. I realized I was being childish about the whole Sam thing and wanted to make it up to you. Lawn sex was just a huge bonus. Do you like it?"

I turned to him and drummed my fingers on his abs. "You're really thoughtful, you know this? I don't deserve this. Or you."

"If that's your self-deprecating way of saying thank you, you're welcome. Let's go to bed."

"Um..." I glanced back to the easel, Shane chuckled at my excitement. "Okay, okay. Have fun." He kissed the top of my head and left for bed. I walked until I stood in front of the canvas, letting my mind wander with possibilities.

***

"Oh my God, Shane. No more. I can't do anymore."

"C'mon sweetheart, I know you have one more in you."

I pushed my plate away and laid my head down on the island. "No. Five pancakes is my limit. No more food, ever. I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here."

He patted my head softly. "Oh you have not. You're, what, a buck-fifty soaking wet? You haven't eaten much lately anyway. Besides, all that dick-riding you've been doin' burns a lot of calories."

I lazily swatted his hand away. "No more sex. No more food. I'm just going to pass out right here."

He laughed as I heard him running water in the sink. "That's what you get for staying up all night painting instead of comin' to bed. Actually, you haven't been sleeping much the past week either. You feeling okay?"

"I'm fine. And you wouldn't have let me sleep anyway."

"True." The theme to Rawhide starting chiming as Shane answered his cell phone. "Yeah. Uh huh...now? Yeah, okay, I'll be there in a few minutes." He came over and rubbed my back. "I have to go into work for a bit to do some paperwork. You gonna be okay?"

"Yes. Go. Leave me to my food coma."

As he bent down to kiss my forehead the front door opened. "I come bearing coffee and a massive hangover! So you two better be decent." I groaned and sat up reluctantly as Sydney loudly announced her arrival. Shane passed her on his way out and she handed him a cup. "For you, Big Red." He gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Princess."

Sydney fanned herself and headed toward the kitchen. "Ooh, Tess, you better marry that boy, or I will." I heard Shane laugh as he left and closed the door. She walked around the island and set a cup in front of me. "You look tired."

Swig
Swig
433 Followers
12