Into the Fire Ch. 10

Story Info
The End.
6.9k words
4.56
20k
17
29

Part 10 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/13/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How mad would you be if I dropped out of school?"

"Pretty mad, seein' as how it's your last year, and you've only been back six hours." Shane's teasing tone lifted my spirits a little. It was the first day of classes and I was already burned out. Between my econometric and finance courses, two seminars and a senior thesis I was already behind on thanks to my little vacation, I could feel my stress level rising rapidly. I was headed to my last class of the day when Shane called to check on me. "Is it really that bad, sweetheart?"

I leaned against the dark brick wall of the building, letting his low drawl ripple through me, relieving some of the tension in my muscles. "It's just a lot of work. It's always has been, but...I don't know. Taking the summer off made me realize how much I hate economics. Coming back to so much work is compounding on that hatred. I'm completely stressing out."

"Do you need me to come up there? And don't just say no because you don't want to be a bother. If you really need me to come, I can be there in half an hour."

His offer touched me. I almost gave in, because I did miss him a great deal, but I knew I had to power through it. "I'll get a handle on everything, I'm just prematurely freaking out. You're sweet to offer, though. Besides, aren't you at work?"

"Eh, it's just a job. Anyway, you're rich, if I get fired you'll just have to be my sugar mama."

I laughed, feeling some of my anxiety fading away. "You would make a pretty hot pool boy."

"I'll wear the Speedo and everything. Changin' the subject, what do you want to do for your birthday?" I grumbled, my twenty-second birthday was on Saturday and I had no interest in celebrating it. "Nothing."

"We can't just do nothin', your existence is somethin' to be celebrated. Sure you don't want a party?"

I cringed inwardly at the suggestion. "You, me, Sydney and Sam would be the saddest party ever. I don't need to be more depressed about my birthday."

"Okay, so, what about dinner? We could invite your dad too, if you want."

"He didn't show up to dinner last weekend, I highly doubt he'd show up for this." I took a step back, realizing I was whining. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm used to spending my birthday alone, so I'd be happy to just hang out with you, okay? No dinner, no party, no presents."

"Fine, fine. No dinner, no party. But I already got your present so you're just gonna have to live with it." I heard the fire alarm go off in the background. "Gotta run sweetheart, love you." The call ended before I could respond. If he can go and risk his life on a regular basis, you can sit through Macroeconomic Theory without bitching about it. I sighed and headed to the lecture hall, counting down the minutes to graduation.

***

By the time Friday rolled around I was completely frazzled. When I wasn't in class or the library, I had been shut in my apartment all week, my desk and calendar a flurry of sticky notes and scribblings. If I hadn't had a meeting at the Delta house that morning I'd still be buried under a stack of books. Going back to that chaos didn't seem appealing, so I set up shop in the house dining room, the animated chattering of the girls was a welcome distraction. I was completing my thesis outline when Sydney ran in, shutting my MacBook and tossing a Tiffany's gift box on top of it. "Happy birthday! Holy shit, you look awful."

Wearing one of Shane's Longhorn hoodies and black leggings, I couldn't argue with her. I unraveled the messy bun atop my head, combing it out with my fingers as three pens fell out of it. "Thanks for the compliment. And I told you, no presents." She dismissed my objection, tossing her bag on top my books. "You obviously don't know how birthdays work, now shut up and open it."

My curiosity got the best of me. Inside the robin egg blue box was a rose gold charm bracelet with a Yorkie charm dangling from it. "Uh...thank you. I don't have a dog, though."

"It's not about you owning a dog. It's because you're my bitch. Not in a dominating way, but we're like, roll dogs. See?" She showed me a matching bracelet on her arm. "I have one too."

I rose out of my chair and gave her a hug. "You are so weird. I love it, and I love you, thank you." She squeezed back and slapped my behind. "I love you too. What time are you heading to North Haven?"

"In a couple of hours. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just stay and work, I don't know."

"Damn, you will do anything to avoid celebrating your birthday, won't you?" We heard a commotion at the front door as a couple girls ran past us. "What in the..." I followed Syd to the door, which was blocked by ten girls. "What are you ladies doing?"

A sophomore named Ashley turned around and giggled. "There is a really hot white guy outside. Like, Channing Tatum hot. I think he's waiting for someone, and I pray it's me because he is beyond fine."

"Alright you little horndogs, let me through." She pushed her way to the front of the group to see who was getting the girls all riled up. "Miss Contessa, I do believe it's for you."

I walked to the door, and was not disappointed with what I saw. At the bottom of the steps, leaning against his truck, was indeed a very hot white guy. Dressed in jeans, a tight white t-shirt, dark sunglasses and a cowboy hat, Shane casually crooked his finger, giving me the 'come-hither' gesture. "Excuse me." I half-ran down the stairs until I was standing in front of him. "Hi."

"Hi." I broke out into a preposterously large grin and jumped on him, wrapping my legs around the strong trunk of his torso as he effortlessly lifted me. I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him, aggressively getting my fill of his taste and smell and presence. I only pulled back once I heard the whooping and clapping from my sisters at the top of the hill. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. "I'm so happy to see you."

He buried his nose in my hair, inhaling the faint smell of my coconut shampoo. "I can see that. Mmm, I missed you too, sweetheart. Can you get away now, or should we stop by your place for clothes?"

I raised my head to look at his beautiful face. "Do you really think I'm going to need clothes this weekend?"

He set me down on the ground and took off his hat, placing it on my head. "I don't know what the hell I was thinkin'. Get your fine ass in this truck."

***

"Are you having a good birthday weekend so far?"

I was on my back about two inches from the door, with Shane rooted snugly inside me. His shirt hadn't made it off, and mine had only made it as far as my forearms, where he wrapped it around several times, binding them together. "It would be better if you'd let me come."

"Soon." He nestled into my neck, sucking the sweat-laden skin. "I want to make sure you're okay first. You've sounded so sad this week."

"Your brand of sex therapy is the worst."

"And yet, it works. Tell me how you're feelin', how you're really feelin', and I'll let you come."

Muttering in frustration, I attempted to form a coherent thought. "I'm okay. Don't give me that look. Yes, I'm exhausted, and will be for the next nine months." He plucked my nipple between his fingers, pinching it with enough pressure to make it ultra-sensitive. "It's not anything I can't handle. I'm taking care of myself."

"And what can I do to take care of you?"

"You can let me have a damn orgasm!"

"I could, but aggravatin' you is so more fun." He nudged my nose with his, adoration evident behind his eyes. "How would you like it, Contessa?" I drew my bottom lip between my teeth, my pulse revitalized, the weight of my exhaustion long forgotten. Wordlessly, he braced himself on his hands and penetrated me roughly. A raw, guttural sound I'd never heard before escaped my throat as he fucked me so hard I inched across the floor after every thrust. I tried to voice my approval, words coming out in short bursts.

Yes. More. More. So. Good. I'm coming...I..please...please...

A violent ripple tore through my body, convulsing in spurts while he shouted through his own release moments later. He fell to his elbows, not wanting to crush me, basking in our physical connectivity. His hand reached up, freeing my arms from their cotton prison, traveling to my breast, softly kneading the swollen flesh. I pushed into his hand, my skin bristling with awareness. "You're unraveling me, you know that? I hate not having you here every day." He slid out of my slick hole and pulled on his jeans almost as fast as he had pulled them off. I stood on trembling legs as he helped my sweatshirt on. "Ready for your present?"

"I said no presents."

"I only agreed to no party or dinner. Wait here." A quick kiss and he was off, taking two steps at a time to retrieve my gift. I turned my attention out of the window, watching the tree branches sway. An occasional leaf fell to the grass, a sign that autumn was right around the corner and my summer of change rapidly retiring. So much was different, I was struggling to find some solid footing; in less than a year I would be graduating, possibly engaged, possibly heading to a new city. It was daunting, to say the least, and all the change in my life was bringing old anxieties to the surface.

"Tess?" The question in his voice half-way brought me back to reality. The soft barking that followed completed the task. I looked in his direction, carefulness in his gaze as he held a small black dog in the crook of his arm. "You got me a dog?"

"Correction: I got us a dog." He walked over, the puppy wriggling in his hold. I reached for it, cradling it on my chest as it scrambled to lick my face. "This is a cute, if not surprising, gift. What am I supposed to do with a dog?"

"Feed him. Take him for walks. Keep him alive."

"I know that, smartass. I meant what am I supposed to do with him at school? I'm in class and the library all day. In order to keep him alive I kind of have to be there, don't I?"

Shane pet the dog on the head as he bucked wildly in my hands. "Well, we'll hire a dog walker if need be, but that brings me to the second part of your present. I know we talked about it for next year, but I was thinking maybe we should move in together now." I crinkled my brows together, thinking out how I felt about the suggestion. It felt a little rushed, but I didn't want to discourage him. "I...like that idea in theory, but that's a pretty long commute to and from class every day.

"I know. That's why I'd move in with you."

"What about the house?"

"I'd sell it, I guess. Or we'd come here on the weekends. I hadn't planned that far ahead yet." He placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed the crown of my head. "I know you're only half an hour away, but hell, it might as well be half a world away. I'm not going to disturb your studies. I just want to go to bed with you at night and wake up with you in the mornin'."

My forehead fell against him, moisture starting to pool in the corners of my eyes. "You are so sappy and I love it. I love you. This is the best birthday present I've ever gotten."

"What, the dog?"

"No. You."

***

"God, sweetheart, this is the sweetest tastin' pussy I've ever had." I moaned in appreciation of his compliment as his head dipped low once again, darting his tongue into me, savoring what was made for him. "So sweet. But you know that, don't you?" He coated the tip of his finger in my juices, then reached up, encouraging me to suck.

"Good girl." He spread my thighs until the sides of my knees hit the bed, unhurried in his pursuit to please me. Swirled strokes around my clit, coupled with the gentle humming from his mouth was speedily sending me into a tailspin. The tremors that wracked my body were so pleasurable I wanted to weep. This man made every cell in my body burn with a level of desire I'd never dreamed of. He rose above me, the bright spot in my world that had been dim for so long.

"Open your eyes, Tess."

I felt the weight of him, his lengthy torso settled on me, the beat of his heart over mine. "No...if I open my eyes and this is a dream I'm going to be so upset." I felt the tip of his penis slide smoothly into my awaiting channel. "If this isn't better than a dream then clearly I'm not doin' it right."

A giggle turned into a fit of silliness before I could stop it. My unadulterated joy made Shane join in, our bodies shaking with laughter while united together. After several minutes I wiped at the tears in my eyes, finally opening them. The look on his face was painstakingly happy. I ran my finger from his forehead, to his slightly crooked nose, to his full pink lips. "You make me happier than I ever thought I'd be."

His movements were slow, rocking into me as if he were afraid I would break. He trailed small kisses from my chin to my ear. "You filled a void I didn't know was there, you have no idea how much I need you."

"You have me."

He pulled back, eyes darting back and forth with mine, driving his point home. "I need you."

The connection that formed, in that split second, with those words, bonded me to this man forever.

"You have me."

***

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart."

I grumbled unhappily, refusing to turn my head to acknowledge him. "No more sex. Birthday girl needs sleep." Our lovemaking lasted into the wee hours of the morning, and it felt like I had just fallen asleep a few minutes ago. I felt Austin, named affectionately after Shane's hometown, lick my arm enthusiastically, clearly siding with Shane. "Traitor." I turned my head, cracking one eye open to look at him. Shane held a vanilla cupcake, with one lit striped candle in the center. I forced myself to hoist onto my elbows, attempting to at least wake a little.

"Make your wish, woman, this is a fire hazard."

I thought about what I could possibly want. I had friends. I had a ridiculously sweet, and hot, boyfriend. I felt good. I was good. Suddenly an idea came to me. I made my silent request and blew it out, my head slamming back onto the pillow when I was finished. "Wish made. Sleep now."

Shane tugged on my arm, ignoring my protests. "No ma'am. I have a picnic packed and we're goin' to the park. You can sleep when we get back."

"Hey, it's my birthday, you should be taking orders from me."

He pressed his mouth to my ear. "Now now, we both know it's the other way around, don't we Contessa?" My pussy pulsated at the dominating promise in his statement. "Damnit...now I'm sleepy and turned on."

"We can take care of both of those problems later. Right now I need you showered and dressed."

"Make me."

He pushed against my hipbone, rotating me on my back while he gazed down at me. "Is that really a challenge you want to issue?" I stuck my tongue at him, which he captured in a lengthy kiss while Austin barked loudly at him. "Shush, you little cockblocker."

I laughed, my little family filling me with lightheartedness. "I'll be ready in twenty minutes."

***

The park was full of people trying to soak up the last bit of summer before the full Northeastern cold set in. We were in view of a large stone fountain, small children throwing in their pennies as their parents snapped photos on their phones. Couples strolled around leisurely, holding hands, looking endlessly happy. Still couldn't hold a candle to how happy I was. "You know, this is hands-down my best birthday ever." I mused as I popped a grape in my mouth. Shane lay on his side in front of me, stroking my leg through my jeans. He hadn't stopped touching me in some capacity since last night, as if we were permanently affixed together. He tried to nip my finger as I fed him a potato chip. "Seriously? Didn't you have parties as a kid?"

"I mean, I did, but they were more for my mother to show me off. I never had the balloons and sugary cake and running around with friends. Instead I got stuffy co-workers of my dad's and finger sandwiches."

"Well, that explains why you didn't want a party, you never had the right kind. My poor little rich girl."

"Shut up." I leaned down to kiss him, his hand came behind my neck to draw me in deeper. "This was a sweet idea, thank you." When we separated, he looked over my shoulder, fixated on whatever he saw. "Good. Remember how much you love me, okay?" I was about to ask what he meant when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Happy birthday, Contessa."

I whipped around and glanced up, connecting with dark brown eyes identical to mine. Byron Adams was not a tall man in stature, but radiated a commanding presence nonetheless. Cloacked in a three piece black suit with a matching trench coat, he was an underestimated force to be reckoned with in the business world. I stood uneasily, pulling the hem of my shirt down. "Thanks, Dad." Shane was by my side, giving my father a firm handshake. "It's good to see you again, sir."

"The same to you. If you wouldn't mind excusing us, I would like a moment to speak with my daughter."

"Of course." He stood directly in front of me, speaking as low as possible. "I'm going to take Austin for a walk. How pissed at you right now?" I gave him a tight smile, keeping my anger bubbling as far from the surface as possible. "Save the yelling until we get home, but he wanted to see you. Be nice. Let's go, boy." He sidestepped me to walk Austin in the opposite direction, as we were left there in awkward silence. I started walking past my dad, after a few steps he matched my strides. "Are you having a nice birthday?"

Small talk it was. "Yes. Shane has made sure it has been very relaxed."

He nodded, regarding me from the side. "And you're doing alright otherwise?"

"Yeah. School's a little overwhelming, but I'm fine."

"Good. I've filed for divorce from your mother."

I stumbled over my feet, tripping on an imaginary rock. "Whoa. Uh. Okay."

He kept a stone face as we kept on our path. "It's time."

"How is Mom taking it?"

"With vodka and hateful words. Nothing that wasn't suspected."

I grabbed his arm and made him stop and face me. "Why? I mean...why now?"

He looked out into the distance as he formulated his answer. "When you were in your emotional state this last time, I had the opportunity talk to your boyfriend at length. He was very concerned with your well-being, for no other reason than he wanted you to be okay. He sincerely proclaims to be in love with you. Your mother and I...there is no love there. There never has been."

"Then why did you stay with her this long?"

"I thought it would be better for you if we stayed together."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He grimaced at my profanity. "Language, Contessa."

"You know how she was. She was horrible to me. She is literally the source of all the insecurities and anxiety I have...she hates me. How could you think that would be better?" He finally looked me in the eye, a hint of remorse in his face. "Because she was there, and I wasn't. Horrible as she was...is, she went to every recital, ceremony, and competition you had. Most of the time the videos she took were the only way I could see you, know what you were doing in your life. It was selfish, and I am truly sorry for the impact it has made in your life. I can't change the past, but I would like to move forward."

I stared at him, not knowing what to do with the information he just dropped on me. "I don't know, Dad. This is a lot to process. I think I need some time to wrap my head around it." He nodded. "Take all the time you need." We started to make our way back to our picnic spot. The boys were next to the blanket, Shane attempting to teach Austin to play dead, which resulted in the black fur ball running circles around his legs. "Are you happy with this young man?"

12