Into the Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers

"Tanks form up a wedge and CFVs on our flanks," he ordered through his communication system as he loads a round for his Leopard 2A6EX 120mm cannon.

Ace quickly told his communication officer to take control of the tank's pair of 7.62mm machineguns as he locked onto a T-90/S. The Rim-Cat tank's machinegun pivots and spewed out burst after burst of machinegun fire ripping Dune Warrior troopers apart as the 120mm main gun thundered again and again turning a T-90/S into a fireball.

"Zigzag around and keep an eye on any anti-tank weapon," Ace bellowed his command to his crew.

The Puma CFVs formed up on either flanks of the tanks wedge, firing their 30mm cannons and anti-tank missiles. The battlefield once again roared to life as combat vehicles are tossed into the air and burned when the Rim-Cats weapons found their mark.

"Keep up the pressure on them men," shouted Ace as he thumbed his trigger firing the tank's 120mm cannon, flicking his switch he reloads his main gun, he thumbs the trigger again, and the cannon roared as it fires.

Another T-90/S became a victim of the Leopard 2A6EX's main guns and more BRDM-2s, BTR-3s, BMP-3s, and BMD-3s was turned into burning hulks by the Puma CFVs and the tanks of the Rim-Cats.

"Gerard, watch your flank!"

Ace's warning came too late as the tank on his left exploded a victim of the T-90/S tank gun. Flicking his wrist, the turret turned to the left finding the culprit, he fired his 120mm gun, reloads, and fire again. The tank responsible for the destruction of one of his owns, exploded killing the crew inside. Looking at his scanner, he turned his attention on another T-90/S and locked on. The Leopard 2 A6EX thundered twice and the turret turns again seeking another target, leaving the previous target in flames.

"Sir, we keep it up and we will be running out of ammo!"

The advice of caution lingered in his mind as he checks how much ammunition does the tank have left.

"Fire six more shots and start a tactical withdrawal," he finally ordered.

The Rim-Cat's tanks ran out of 7.62mm machinegun rounds and relied on their 120mm main guns. Ace began to think that all hope have left him, as he sinks on his chair firing his last round which destroyed a BMP-3 CFV. As he accepts his fate that he would never leave his place alive, explosions rocked the enemy ranks. From the air, the UCAS sweeps in firing their anti-tank missiles and strafing the enemy ground troops. Quickly he realizes that a dozen enemy troopers surround his tank. Ace immediately press the anti-personnel weapon system, from the skirts of the tank claymore mines were placed designed for anti-personnel use. The mines detonated ripping limbs and body parts from the troopers of the Dune Warriors which encircled his tank. A moment later nothing remained of the infantry troops.

"Pumas and Leopards fall back," he ordered.

As they withdrew from their position, artillery shells and rockets plummeted on the enemy positions. Ace then sigh a breath of relief as MD-530 and Bell 412 helicopters armed with rocket pods, 7.62mm Gatling guns, and anti-tank missiles flew overhead releasing their massive firepower against the Dune Warriors. From the left flank of the enemy's position, more Leopards 2A6EX, Puma CFVs, Fenneks Scout-Cars, and Boxer APCs roared through, engaging the enemy, and routing them by catching the Dune Warriors by complete surprise. The enemy never knew that Major Kalandro Digma and his 1st BCT are close enough to mount an offensive and relieving the defenders of the pass.

"Ace you alright kid?"

Ace Diwa smiled at the familiar voice on the communication channel.

"Yes Major Digma and very glad to hear your voice sir," he replied.

"Sit tight and don't worry about anything. We got this covered."

"Copy that sir," he slumped back into his chair as his Task Force Special Attack Group withdrew out of the fighting, he called for a casualty report and learned that 4 Pumas CFVs, 4 Boxer APCs, 24 infantry troopers, and 2 Leopard 2A6EX tanks were lost.

Once again half of his command was sacrificed for the people of their client country. He hopes that the populace of Ar'Raq will not forget the sacrifice of the Rim-Cats for their country's security and stability. His tank parked by their command post and he opened the cupola. He squeezed out of the tank's command chair and leaped out of the turret, as his boots hits the dirt, he have noticed someone in front of him. Macie Curtiss ran to him and wrapped her arms around the man she longed for.

"I told you I will survive for you," he whispered to her.

She placed his hand on his mouth silencing him, her gaze pierced through his soul, and her lips found his.

"I love you," she said to him while locked in each other's warm embrace.

Ahmed Abu-Bakar the commander of the Dune Warriors walked out of the battle with 4 T-90/S, 8 BMD-3s, 8 BMP-3s, 9 BTR-3s, and 27 BRDM-2s, a MI-35 helicopter, and MI-17 helicopter. The owner and commander of the Dune Warriors was shocked of his devastating loss in men power and vehicles, never again will he underestimate the capabilities of the Rim-Cats and never again will he recover his trust on himself and his command after such a humiliating defeat.

While Major Kalandro Digma loss 4 tanks, 8 APCs, and 8 CFV's along with 48 infantry troopers to the enemy, over all it was a complete victory, accomplished by a small unit against a bigger one though out numbered 4 to 1.

TRIAX
TRIAX
34 Followers
12