Into the Sunlight Ch. 01

Story Info
Camirra is rescued from a bad situation.
7k words
4.4
18.4k
18

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

Welcome back,

I'm on summer break again and you know what that means. Yep! I get to write. This summer, I've decided to revisit our friends from the story Shadows of Resentment. You've read about Darius, Derrick, Sierra, Dawn and Cameron. Well, in this story the girls are grown and have to deal with grown folk issues.

Now, I will tell you that Andi edited this story for me, but I did tweak it a bit after she finished. So any mistakes are my fault. I simply enjoy telling a story. If you are one of the people that grammatical errors will drive you insane, then please skip this story. But, if you are a person that wants to read a story that is interesting, then please read and enjoy. If you chose to read it, then please don't let any mistakes you may find distract you from the story.

First, I want to thank my friend, Andi Downs, for her encouragement in writing this tale. She even helped me correct some of my more blaring errors. Also, she did help edit this and I truly appreciate her for doing that. Then there is Mostera1, he actually suggested this title a long time ago when I finished Out of the Shadows. So Andi and Mostera1, this story is dedicated to you.

Anyway enough history, I would like you to read and enjoy, Into the Sunlight.

Please share your thoughts. IR2R

*****

CHAPTER 1

"Hey, momma, I can't make it this weekend. Charles has to work and we won't be able to drive down. Tell Daddy and Cynthia, we'll be there next time, OK." Camirra Granger left on her mother's Deidre's voicemail.

Her father and stepmother were celebrating their fifteenth wedding anniversary. She recalled when Cynthia and her dad came home. Her sister Rory was horrid to them. Often she tried to be the buffer, but her Dad put a stop to that one day.

When they were younger, Rory was vicious, and their parents separated them. It hurt being away from her twin, but it gave her time to find out who she was.

Camirra loved playing ball, and she was good. She played in high school and in college. That's where she met her husband. He played on the team of an opposing school. One night they exchanged numbers and he called. Rory did not like him, but Charles told her to choose. She chose her boyfriend.

She had not spoken to her sister in over seven years, but she knew if Rory found out that he hit her, she would come after him. She did not want her to know.

Years ago, she defied her parents and went to Vegas and married Charles Finch. He was a local college basketball star with stars in his eyes; hoping to make it into the pros. Her Dad didn't like him, and neither did Jason. After they married, both her Mom and sister begged her not to leave with him. The situation was so volatile, that her Dad and her husband almost came to blows. Camirra stood by her husband, and that proved to be the dumbest decision she ever made. He convinced her it was because they were jealous. They just didn't understand what true love looked like. Charles convinced her that even her sister, Rory was upset because she didn't have a man like him.

Things came to a head one night as they sat at her grandparents home.

Camirra and her new husband Charles stopped by her grandparent's home. They actually needed a place to stay a few nights and it was obvious Darius and Jason was not letting him in their home. Her Grandmother Jasmine offered her shelter, but her husband had to find someplace else to go. Grandpa Marvin was willing to take them in.

The evening was tense. Darius called and told them if that guy did anything, call them. He and Derrick actually planned to kidnap Camirra and not let her leave with him. The marriage would be annulled.

"So young man, you play basketball?" Grandpa Marvin asked casually.

"Yea, um yes sir. Is that a problem for you too?" Charles questioned.

"Well, I was just asking. You married my granddaughter and I really want to make sure you two will be alright." Marvin explained.

Charles stood, "Camirra, get our stuff. We're leaving." Camirra froze.

"Baby, it's me or them. You married me, so that means you go with me. Now do what a good wife would do and get our stuff." He ordered once more. Camirra ran upstairs and grabbed their bags. As she left Marge texted Cyn to tell Darius to get over there.

Darius arrived, and an altercation occurred. The police was called, and Charles and Camirra left. As he drove off, she knew she could not return home again. She made her choice. She'd be OK. Charles loved her and with time they would be alright. Five days after leaving with him, she knew she made a horrible mistake.

Charles waited as his wife called her mother. She left a message and hang up the phone. She jumped when he spoke, and that reaction made him smile. "Did you tell them we won't be coming?" Charles demanded to know.

"Yes, I told them." Rory squeaked out.

Charles looked at his wife. She was pathetic. "Clean yourself up and fix your face. If you didn't make me so mad, I wouldn't have to beat your ass all of the time." Then he stormed off. Camirra nodded. She did not know what to do, so she got up and did as her husband demanded.

Rory had another bad dream. She was having them all of the time. In her dreams, her sister was being hurt. The thing was she suspected that they weren't dreams at all. She stopped speaking to Camirra years ago when she started dating Charles. Charles controlled her sister, and she didn't like it. Last night, however, Camirra called out to her. She was crying and someone was hurting her badly.

She called her Mom, and Deidre told her that Camirra canceled again this year. She was worried. Last year she and Darius drove over to visit. Charles and Camirra were out of town, and the neighbors had no idea when they would return. Dee felt something was not right, but when she called, Charles never let Camirra speak to her for long. She was at her wits end and didn't know what to do. Rory had enough. She was going to see her sister, and if her brother-in-law didn't like it, well, she'd deal with him.

"Momma, I'm coming and if I can, I'll bring Camirra with me." She promised. Deidre sighed. She was worried about her daughter. It seemed she could only call at certain times, and she didn't sound happy. At first, she thought it was something she'd adjust too, but after this morning, Deidre feared it was something more sinister going on.

"Cammira Finch, get down here and make me some damn breakfast woman. I don't have all damn day to wait on your sorry ass." He yelled.

Cammira moved. Within minutes, she had breakfast served and her husband was eating happily.

"What, are you sad? You wanted to go home and tell Daddy what an awful husband you have." Charles sneered. The he laughed, "Bitch, you see that ring on your finger, that means you are mine. I own your ass. Daddy can't help you. So until I decide it the right time, you won't see them again, understand?" he asked. Camirra did not answer, so he slapped her down, "Answer me when I talk to you, bitch." He demanded.

Camirra cried, holding her cheek. "Yes, I won't see them." She whispered.

"I'm going out and you have to go to work. Fix your makeup and clean this shit up. You don't need to be late." Charles growled as he walked out of the door.

Charles Finch was a handsome man, and he knew it. Standing a little over seven feet tall he towered over his wife. When he met Camirra years ago, she fascinated him. Unlike her loud, rude sister, Camirra carried herself like a lady, despite the fact that she was black. Normally Charles never dated black women, they were too hard to control, but not Camirra. She was exactly what he needed, quiet, docile, and terrified of him. Humming, Charles crank his car, and headed to his job. He'd bring her flowers. She liked that, and then he'd apologize and then they'd make love.

Camirra was beautiful, but lately she was more trouble than she was worth.

Charles fooled many people. Camirra was so shy at first, but he charmed her. He was her first and only man. He could not fool her sister though. Her dad hated him. In fact he ordered his daughter to leave her husband. Camirra stayed by his side. The first year, he didn't hit her. She'd piss him off, but he never stuck her. He didn't need black marks against him. He was already being watched. Being a black man, on the fast track to a cushy office position at Sedgeway Security, and having a black wife that was a successful professional elevated him.

Besides, for some reason, his boss and the man's wife loved Camirra. Why? He had no clue. She was quiet, boring, and besides playing ball, nothing else really appealed to him. Hell, the only reason he talked to her at all was because he lost a bet.

Then he met her folks. Those fuckers were loaded. Her dad, Darius, was well known. He was hero status. The beat the hell out of a white guy and got off. Hell, he and whitey were still best friends. If he got with his daughter, that elevated him. His status as a mack would be set in stone. Except, his daughter was weak. Now her sister, he hated, but at least she would fight.

Her family name in itself was an asset. Darius Granger was well known. He turned his life around and many admitted him. Her uncle, Felix, was a lead detective in Dermot.

Mad respect, he gained when his boss learned who his in-laws were. Camirra was his ticket, but he was coming into his own. He didn't need her any more. However, he knew her Dad. If Darius ever found out the truth. He was a dead man. So for now, Camirra was not going home.

Charles went to the courts. He often shoot with his boys, Ray Ray, Doo-rag, and Phish. This guys idolized Charles. They actually got jobs at the security office because of him. His wife, they did not like.

So often, they'd introduce him to honeys from the hood. Charles was the man. He kept the honeys and he kept his wife in check.

Camirra dressed and reported to work. She carefully applied her makeup. And as usual, she would talk as little as possible. Being lighter complexion was a challenge because the bruises showed so easily. As she suspected, no one noticed, or if they did nothing was said.

An hour into her day, hey mom called. "Camirra, what do you mean you can't come. Charles doesn't have to be with you. This is your dad and Cynthia. They want you here." Deidre explained. Camirra took a deep breath. She had to make sure her answer did not alert her mom, or they would travel to see her.

"Momma, Charles hates missing this, but he's trying to get a promotion. He doesn't want me driving so far by myself. Tell Daddy and Cynthia that we love them and will call, OK." She exhaled. "Momma, I must go now. Love you hug Ty and Ashleigh for me, and give my love to Jason. Bye mom." She hang up. Something was not right. Deidre called Cynthia.

Cynthia answered immediately. She too was worried. It had been over three years and Camirra made excuse to not come home. She called but that wasn't like her. No one liked her husband. Felix checked into his background, but nothing came up. Still, it was something about this man. Cynthia knew if Camirra was not coming home, he told her she couldn't.

Two years ago, she and Darius went to see his daughter. She smiled and pretended all was well, but Cynthia didn't buy it. When Deidre and Jason went, they felt the same. Something was wrong.

"I think she's being abused." Dee whispered. "I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe I am. She's too quiet, Cyn. He made her choose him over everyone. I need to help my baby, but how?"

Cynthia agreed. This was not like their daughter. "We need to tell Darius." Dee started to protest. He'd end up in prison. "He needs to know, but I think like us he suspects something already. When Ty and Derreon go to school, the four of us need to talk."

Dee knee she was right. So the two disconnected and she told Jason. Darius was headed to his office when Cynthia stopped him.

Meanwhile, one person was no longer waiting. Her dream last night scared her. She was checking on her twin. Rory Rose drove to her sister's small home. She parked down the street, for some reason she needed her brother in law gone. She saw him drive off. Then Camirra came out. She saw her leave.

Not one to be fooled by appearances, Rory didn't buy the happy couples routine she witnessed. Something was not right. So Rory made a decision. If she went to their home, Charles would call the police. He did the last time and Camirra backed up his lies. Because of that she stopped talking to her, but last year the dreams started. She'd show up at her job. Camirra would not act out with people around. Or so she hoped. At ten, Rory walked into her sister's office building. Wearing a printed wrap dress, she stood out amongst the suits and ties. If Camirra worked here, then she had to be bored.

"Camirra, an interesting dress. You know Mrs. Love has a strict dress code." A male spoke to her. The inflection in his voice told her two things. He did not like her sister, and he was not aware that she had a twin. Rory turned around and smiled, the guy stepped back.

'I'm not Camirra. I am looking for her though. Be a good boy, and find my sister for me." She asked sweetly.

The young man left immediately, and just like she suspected, several people came out to meet her. One lady in particular caught her eye.

"Come with me, please, Ms. Granger." She asked haughtily.

Rory followed her to her office.

"Have a seat." She offered. Rory didn't have time for this. It seemed that Camirra made sure she didn't get to see her. She was about to make excuses and leave when the lady closed the door, and told her assistant she was not to be bothered. She also told her to call Camirra to her office.

"You must be Rory. Camirra told me she had a sister. She never mentioned a twin." Rory opened her mouth. The lady held up her hand to stop her.

"Can you get her clothes, accessories, and everything else she needs when she leaves with you?" She sked. Rory was confused.

"What?" She asked.

"Listen, she can't go to her house. He will come after her. If you want your sister to live, then get her away from her husband. He works for my husband and he really wants to fire the bastard the only reason he hasn't is because he can create jobs to keep him from hurting Camirra. He hits her. She thinks no one knows, but I've seen the bruises she tries to hide." Tears rolled down her cheeks as she continued.

Rory spoke. "Wait, are you saying Charles hits my sister?" She asked. Her stomach felt hot, anger burned within.

"Not only hits her, he beats her. I know something happened this morning. Her makeup is too heavy. Rory, you are her sister. Please take her home with you." She pleaded.

At that point, her assistant opened the door and she invited Camirra in. Camirra was nervous. Mrs. Love knew and she told her if she came to work bruised again, then they'd have to let her go."

"Mrs. Love, I... I'll clean out my desk. Thank you for the opportunity to work for you." Camirra whispered.

Rory stood, and Camirra turned to walk away. "Camirra, wait. Come home. You know Daddy and Jason won't let him near you." Rory pleaded.

"Rory, I can't go back. You know what Daddy said. I made my choice." She wept.

"OK, then I'm moving in with you and your husband." Rory declared.

"No, he'll hurt..." Camirra froze. Mrs. Love guided her to a seat.

Mrs. Love sighed, "Camirra, he is going to keep hurting you until he kills you. I lost my daughter because my husband and I tried not to interfere in her life. I swore if I ever saw this again, I'd do something. I know your parents, and I know they will protect you. You have to leave him, Camirra. You must go."

"He has people watching me. Every time I go home, his friends tell him everything that I do." She sobbed. "I tried to leave last year, and he..."

"He caused the miscarriage, didn't he?" Mrs. Love queried.

Camirra nodded. "Rory, if he finds out, he will hurt you. I can't put you in danger."

The bruise on her face was even more visible as her makeup washed away. Rory exhaled. When they were younger, she looked out for her sister. Then she met Charles. She let her pride and anger take control and Camirra aid.

"Let's go get your stuff. You're going home." Rory declared.

Mrs. Love stopped her. "He has the house watched. He'll be on you before you leave the city. Leave the house, you can rebuild. I'll make sure to give you glowing recommendation for a new post, and a generous severance package. Her assistant came in bringing a generous check.

"Camirra, go now. Going in her purse, she gave the young woman a wad of cash. James has him occupied at work, you can get pretty far away before he realizes that you are gone." The older woman hugged Camirra, and Rory. Call me when you get to your parents.

She and Rory left. True to form, Mrs. Love made sure they had an officer visible until they left city limits. Once they reached the interstate, Rory took off. Camirra was quiet. Once they were out of the state, Rory stopped. She faced her sister. She had so many questions, but she could tell that her sister was broken.

"He won't hurt you again Camirra. I promise that he won't hurt you again." Rory whispered as she hugged her sister. Camirra cried. Her sobs broke Rory's heart. She had to get Camirra home. Once they were safe at Moms or Dads, then she was returning to deal with Charles Finch.

After driving for two straight hours, Rory stopped at a local fast food restaurant. Camirra didn't want to get out of the car. Her face was bruised and she didn't want people staring. So Rory went in and ordered them a lunch. She called her Mom and told her that Camirra was with her.

"Mom, it's me. I'm on my way home. I have Camirra with me.' She explained, not wanting to say much.

Dee knew, "Baby is she OK? What's wrong?"

Rory fought her tears, she told her Mom, "He beat her Mom. The bastard beat my sister."

Dee screamed. Cynthia, Darius, and Jason were alerted immediately.

Darius took the phone. "Rory, baby what is it?'

Rory told her Dad that she and Camirra would be home soon. Tell Mom not to worry. Then she hang up.

Dee at this point told Cynthia what Rory said Darius heard her. Jason stopped him. "They will be there soon. Let's get Camirra home where she is safe and the we can decide what if anything needs to be done to Charles."

Darius fumed, "I never should have let him take her. Five years, Jason. He has had her with him for five years. I knew something was wrong. I should have..."

"What?" Jason asked, "You would have ended up in prison or worst. She's safe and will be home soon."

Cynthia knew her husband. He loved his kids with a fierceness that went beyond belief. He didn't like that guy but she chose to go with him.

"Baby, she's with Rory and they will be here soon." Cynthia held her husband.

Rory got back in the car and told her sister that she called Mom.

Then she drove. Within an hour, they were driving into her father's driveway. Darius stood and walked out. He had to see his baby girl. Rory got out first. He hugged her, but Camirra did not move. He walked to her door and opened it. Darius saw the black marks that covered her face. He saw the handprints around her neck, and Darius knew if he ever got his hands on her husband, that he was going to prison. He barely missed going over twenty years ago, but this time he'd walk in there and slam the gate behind himself, because Charles Finch had an ass whooping coming.

Dee ran out and hugged her daughter. Cynthia had her to sit as Jason paced back and forth. Most of the time, he backed Darius up and like Derrick, tried to be the voice of reason. Not this time. This time, they were going after that fool.

Darius could not speak. He walked out. Camirra sobbed. Her dad was disappointed in her. Cynthia followed her husband as Dee and Jason comforted a crying Camirra.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers
12