Into the Sunlight Ch. 03

Story Info
Camirra is finally free.
7.3k words
4.79
9.6k
5

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Here is the next installment.

*****

After reuniting with family at their grandparents, Rory and Camirra rode to their mother's home. Gunther and Christy were staying with Dawn and Derrick for the first night, and then they would stay with Nick and Jasmine before returning home. Marvin invited Brandon and Brian to stay with him. He did so to keep Darius from grilling the two men. Rory was staying with her Mom and stepfather, Jason. Camirra had her own apartment nearby, and after the first night or two Rory was staying with her. Tonight, both girls would sleep at their Mom's house because they wanted more time with their sisters.

"OK, so what's going on between you and Brandon?" Rory asked as her sister drove.

"Nothing, he just helped with dishes that's all. He seems nice." Camirra added.

Yes, if Camirra and Brandon get together, things will be perfect. Rory thought.

"Don't. Don't play matchmaker, Rory. I won't set myself up again." Camirra added, knowing her sisters tendency to plan things.

Trying to encourage her sister, Rory sighed and stated, "Camirra, Charles is gone. You made a mistake. Come on, you have to take a chance and get out there."

Camirra sighed, "Rory, it's scary. Charles seemed like a nice guy at first, too."

"He fooled you." Rory stated, "He fooled a lot of people. But you are safe now. Besides, I swear Brandon is a nice guy. After you visited us, he asked about you all of the time. I have a suggestion. Over the next few days, the four of us can go out. If you still are uncomfortable with him, I'll drop it, OK."

Never able to deny her twin, Camirra agreed. Rory cheered. Camirra and Brandon were perfect for each other.

At Marge and Marvin's home the older couple showed the young men to their room. Marvin really liked these two and knew that they would treat his granddaughters well. But for tonight, he was back up security for his son.

Marge shook her head. He was a messy old man, and needed to stay out of it. But after Charles, she knew he was going to make sure he knew these young men. Marge smiled at them and gave her husband a pointed look. She knew they needed rest. "I know you boys are tired. Go on to your rooms and rest. I'll call you in the morning for breakfast." She added. Brandon smiled, and answered, "Wait, Mrs. Granger, you're going to feed us again. Hey, Brian, I want to live here now." He teased.

Marvin hugged his wife, "Young man, find your own wife this one's mine. But I'll let her make you breakfast this time."

Brian laughed, "Thank you sir and please don't pay Brandon any attention. He tried to steal Rory from me when she made pasta for our second date."

Marvin smiled, "The salad with crab meat and tiny shrimp, diced and sliced cucumbers in a creamy Italian sauce?" He asked.

Brandon and Brian smiled, remembering the scrumptious meal. "Yes, sir."

"That's the one her grandmother made to hook me over forty years ago. Delicious, but then I found out her other talents. I had to marry that girl before Earl Watson caught her eye." Marvin chuckled, and the twins shared a look. This was going to be an interesting visit.

"Hush Marvin. These boys don't need to hear those old tales." She admonished.

Brandon tried to look offended, then he laughed, "That's OK," He thought, "Maybe, I can get someone to cook for me soon." He smiled.

Marge laughed, "I'm going to bed. You three are too much." She kissed her husband on the cheek and went to her room.

Marvin sighed, "That woman right there means the world to me. We grew up together. When she turned eighteen and I was twenty, I already knew she was it for me. I proposed on her eighteenth birthday and she accepted. Her daddy told me one thing and I promised him that I would never leave her side. For decades, I have kept my word." He sighed.

Facing the twins, he continued, "Brian, don't rush. Make sure this is what you want because, Rory may seem tough, but she is so sensitive, so sweet. She wears her heart on her sleeve." Brian smiled. Her grandfather was alright.

Then Marvin turned to Brandon, "You like Camirra Lace. Now that girl is a fighter. She was the quieter of the two, but she is a survivor. You will have to earn her trust and son it won't be easy. She has had some hard knocks," He smiled. "Now, don't tell my son, but I'm rooting for you two boys. Make my girls happy. My wife is waiting. You know, if you wait a little while, Dee and Jason will be sleep and maybe the girls will want to see you." He winked.

Brian and Brandon laughed. Marvin and Marge reminded them of their grandparents.

The two men retired to Brian's room for the next few days to talk. "So you and Camirra?" Brian asked.

"She's sweet. I like her. You think we could get her to go with us tomorrow?" He asked.

"Let me call my baby, and I'll let you know." Brian answered.

Brandon smiled, and Brian laughed. "You really like her? Man that is great." He exclaimed.

"Why are you shocked? You are in love with her sister, right? I remember when she visited. She was so serious, I stayed away from you guys her whole visit. Did you even mention me?" He replied. They laughed then Brian's phone rang.

"Hello" He answered, seeing Rory's number.

"Hey, can you convince Brandon to go shopping with us?" She asked and Brian burst out laughing.

"Who do you think told me to ask?" Brian laughed. Rory laughed and Camirra watched her grinning.

Rory sighed, "I miss you. See you early."

"Miss you, too." Brian whispered. "Your grandma promised us breakfast, so we'd better sleep."

"You lucky jokers," Rory laughed as they both said good night and hang up. Soon she and Camirra were fast asleep.

Brian smiled at his brother, who for the first time since they were kids stared at him wide-eyed. "Guess who will be joining us when we go Christmas shopping after dinner tomorrow?"

Brandon laughed, "Her sister, please say her sister"

"Yes," Shaking his head, flabbergasted, "You really like her?" He queried.

Brandon smiled, "It's something about her. When I met her a few months ago, she was not impressed by me. She saw right through me, and that right there. Well, you know. No woman has ever not been interested in me."

Brian waited as Brandon continued. Between the two of them, Brandon was the one women wanted. Yes, they were identical, but his brother somehow was more outgoing than he was. He remembered when he first introduced Rory to him. He was terrified that she would prefer Brandon as well. Well, she took care of that fear and they had been together ever since.

"Well, remember, she has had a hard time. Don't rush her." Brian added.

Brandon laughed, "Son, I know you are not trying to give me advice about women. I taught you everything you know. I can handle this."

"Well, she is not like the usual women you've dated. She is not a fly girl, or a roundabout chick. She is a woman, like her sister. She is full grown Bran, and she will be my sister in law in a few months, so I have to step up." Brian explained.

Brandon nodded and smiled, "I hear ya."

Soon they dozed, before long, both were fast asleep.

*****

Meanwhile, Gunther wanted to talk to Christy. She was an agent and kept her job secret.

"Christy, I want you to know that I love you. You never have to hide from me. You are an agent. My baby girl is a federal agent." He smiled, and Christiana took a deep breath.

She hugged her father. "Dad, I'm safe and happy. My team is one of the best in the bureau. You have no need to ever worry."

Gunther sighed, "You're wrong. I do worry."

Christiana was confused, "Why, daddy?" She queried confused.

"The guy that stopped by, who was he?" He asked.

Christy froze. Gunther forced himself remained calm. His daughter was beautiful He and Nick had many worries when she and Rosa grew into their beauty. When Rosa married, Christy was happy for her friend but secretly she feared their friendship would be forever altered.

Years ago she wanted to become an agent. Gunther was afraid she'd get hurt, so he encouraged her to take another position. His daughter like her mother, and her aunt had her own mind. She did what she needed for herself, and he was proud.

"Daddy, he is my boss. A few weeks ago we were on a case and things went a bit too far. It was nothing And I'm fine." She explained.

Gunther waited, "Christy?" He whispered.

"Daddy, he is not right for me. He's too serious and rarely jokes. He'll probably meet a woman like him and I'll be forgotten. Besides, his family would ask about my mom and..." She looked away.

"Christiana, your mother loved you. Olga worked so hard to take care f you. She died, and I hate that you lost her, but she made sure she had someone get you home. She made sure you made it to your family. You have no reason to feel shame" He explained.

Christy shook herself. "I'm not ashamed, daddy. Momma's death is why I wanted to be an agent. I had her case reopened. My boss did so as a favor for me. I went through the files, and read the autopsy reports. Death by accident. Did you know she used steroids? Her organs were shutting down." Christy sniffed. "In her file, I found some letters they never released. She wrote to me. She knew she was dying. I have to do this, solve these cases for her dad. I messed up though. Now, I may have to request a transfer across the country or simply resign."

Gunther listened, shocked. He never knew Olga started juicing.

"Daddy, why have you never married?" Christy asked.

"I haven't met anyone." Gunther answered, "But Christy, that's not important."

She closed her eyes. "Yes it is. You need to meet someone, settle down. I'm old enough fly on my own now. You gave up your life for me, Daddy. I appreciate it, but you have to live your life too. You can't fix this. I have to deal with my relationship or whatever this thing is with Keith. I'm fine Daddy and I can take care of myself, now."

Gunther smiled, "You were so small when I found you. You will always be my baby. Now sweetheart, I want you to call him and ask him to join the family today. I think he means more to you than you are letting on." He teased, "Just like your Aunt Dawn tried to do with Derrick."

Christy laughed and hugged her dad once more. He knew her. She didn't understand it, but that made her love her father even more. "I'll call him." She promised. Gunther smiled. She looked so much like Olga. He wished that he'd known about her sooner, maybe he and her mother could have found a way to be together. Gunther sighed, and kissed his daughter good night. He left and she went to her room because, she had a call to make. Dialing a number she memorized, he answered mid-ring.

"Christy" He sighed.

"Are you near here still?" Christy asked.

Keith answered, "I'm at a local hotel. Why? You want to talk."

She sighed and whispered, "Come to dinner at my grandparent's house tomorrow. I want you there."

Keith smiled. His heart raced. She wanted him with her and her family for dinner. "I'll be there. Christy..." He paused, "Christy, thank you." She whispered good night and they hang up.

The rest of the night went by uneventfully. Rosa and Felix had to share the news and they knew everyone would be happy for them. Felix held her close, but careful not to wake her brother or his wife.

*****

At Marvin and Marge's home, the morning dawned bright and cheery. Marge started breakfast and asked her husband to wake the boys. The men got up, showered, dressed and joined their host. Mrs. Granger out did herself.

"Mrs. Granger, this is wonderful. You didn't have to do all of this," Brian states sitting. Brandon agreed, and Marge told both of them to hush.

"Call me Momma Marge, none of that Mrs. Granger stuff. You boys are family." She insisted.

Marvin laughed. "You guys get to clean up. My wife needs her rest." He added. Both Brian and Brandon readily agreed.

Camirra called and told them that she, Rory, and their younger sisters were on the way. Both Brandon and Brian lit up, smiling. Marvin laughed.

The girls arrived, and rushed in. They were helping make dinner and Grandma Marge and Grandma Jasmine were resting this year.

Brian grabbed Rory's hand and the two snuck out back to spend a few moments greeting each other. Brandon found himself sitting next to Camirra who kept trying to get away from him. Ash and Ty cleaned giving the adults a break.

Soon more family arrived, and soon the house was full. Darius and Jason came over, and both Cynthia and Deidre had their hands full with two overprotective fathers.

Christy was watching, waiting for Keith. Then he was there. Gunther watched his daughter carefully as she invited her guest in.

Gunther joined his daughter welcoming her guest. Everyone greeted everyone and the younger women went to prepare the meals. Marge and Jasmine were told to watch the guys. They talked with the twins and Keith.

Keith told them how he ended up with Christy being assigned to his team. He was candid at the fact that she had a bit of an attitude and wanted to do everything herself. Gunther listened and was proud His daughter was raised round women that could take care of themselves. Marge and Jasmine knew this man was a man that was in love.

"So Keith, when did you realize you had fallen in love with our Christy?" Jasmine asked, holding Nick's hand. Nick was suspiciously quiet. He wanted Rosa and Felix to stay with them, but they stayed with Cameron and Sierra. OK, on the last visit, he did call Felix a cradle robber, after all he was over five years older than his baby girl. Also, he talked to damn much, he told Jasmine about the small refrigerator in the basement. Because if his big mouth, his entire stash of unhealthy snacks was raided and confiscated.

His traitor of a daughter was extra sweet to her husband, because he saved her daddy. Nick smiled. He was still here, and he wasn't really angry. Felix was a great guy and he was also a cop, so his baby was well taken care of.

The guys joked, and had fun visiting. Darius mentioned his old friends Jonathan, and Mari coming to the hospital to see him. He shared his stories of his enlistment. Brian was in the reserves and the two had a lot in common.

Brian revealed that Brandon was a fire fighter, a top official at best. The men were impressed. He told them about the countless number of victims his brother rescued.

Soon, the children came in. They talked and went back out. The women popped in and out, as the festivities continued into the day. Felix was carefully checking on Rosa, as Jasmine and Marge had finally had enough.

"Rosa, get in here now." Marge called.

Everyone came in as Rosa and Felix shared the news that they would become parents in a six months. Everyone cheered.

The day went on and the groups broke off into couples. Soon dinner was served, and the meal was scrumptious. As the result of the ladies cooking, the men had to clean. They did so quickly.

After dinner, the couples went out to start Christmas shopping. Brandon for some reason was a nervous wreck. Brian laughed. They met up with Christy, Rosa Felix, and Keith at the local shopping center and the women were off.

Brian could not resist. "Bran, bruh you gotta represent."

The others shared a look, "Lay off Brian. I'm sure you were nervous when you first approached Rory.

Felix teased.

"Man, Rory was a beast. She gave me a look that cut me in half. Then a few days after, told me I was buying her lunch. She's been my boo ever since though." He added smiling.

Keith was actually enjoying this. He'd never seen Christy so happy so relaxed before. She actually cried when Rosa told them she was pregnant. It was then he knew. He didn't care how long it took he was convincing this woman to give him a chance.

As the men talked they all became silent as a group of attractive males approached their women. Not wanting to cause a spectacle the stood back. One of the males addressed Camirra and she glared at him, Brandon moved immediately, followed by his brother. As they walked up both Christy and Rory had positioned themselves between Camirra and the male.

"I didn't mean any harm, I was just saying, it's nice to see you after all of this time. You were always such a drama queen." He stepped back.

Camirra held up her hand, "I'm fine. It was nice seeing you too. If you will excuse us, we have other things to do. Good bye, Paul. Merry Christmas."

Paul turned and walked right into Felix. Felix stepped aside as Brian and Brandon made sure Camirra was OK.

"I'm fine I can't expect to never run into people from my past, but seeing him here was surprising." She added.

Her thoughts went to Charles immediately. Would Paul tell him he saw her? Would Charles retaliate in some way?

"He's gone, Camirra. I promise, he can't hurt you anymore." Rory whispered. The men shared a look.

Paul went to eat with his friends. He knew Camirra and Charles for the last few years. He suspected they had problems, but she was doing OK. He never talked to Charles since he was locked up, and had no reason to now. However, he saw her expression. Despite the fact that she had moved on, divorced him, and was living her life she was still afraid. Well, he could relieve her mind on one point. Turing around, Paul walked back over to the group. The men surrounded her. He smiled, "Camirra, I don't talk to him anymore. Even if I did, I wouldn't mention you. You are looking good girl, don't worry about him." Then he walked back to the restaurant.

Camirra sighed and then was embarrassed. They all saw it. They all must think that she was weak. As the group talked, she wandered off for a moment, Brandon watched her and soon followed.

"Are you OK?" Brandon asked the moment he had a chance to talk to her.

Camirra sighed and smiled, "I'm OK. It's just taking some time to let go of the past. I'm fine." She explained.

Brandon sat beside her, "I'm here if you want to talk, OK."

Camirra smiled at him as Christy saw her and joined them. She only met Charles briefly, and she was glad her family member got away from him

Keith was silent. He didn't talk much. As the others checked on Camirra, Brian took a moment to speak with him. "So you're a director?" he asked.

Keith nodded. Brian continued, "Well, dude as the new guys, we need to stick together." Keith laughed.

Soon the group finished shopping and headed home. Camirra and Rosa rode with Brandon and Felix. Felix and Brandon connected and talked shop. The other couples rode together, giving the guys a chance to talk. Felix dropped Camirra off first at her apartment. Brandon walked her to her door. She would have invited him in but he kissed her temple and told her he'd see her the next day, then Felix drove him to Marge's home.

Brian drove Rory to her mother's home and Jason met them. He kissed her good night and spoke with her step father for a moment. Then he drove Christy to her aunt's and Keith rode back to the Granger's home to collect his car.

Tonight, Felix and Rosa were staying with Jasmine and Nick, so they headed over there. Jasmine made a big deal of her. She had a new grandchild on the way and was so excited. Nick had Felix to join him in watching football. The families were content.

Brian and Brandon loved staying with the Granger's, and told them so. Marvin asked about the trip out and the boys shared a look. Brian explained about the guy and Marvin looked concerned, but then said he was sure it was fine.

*****

Ms. Irma was a resident in a senior living facility. She found the home with the help of the Granger's. After Charleshia was arrested, Camirra felt responsible for both her and Marshall. Her grandparents were ever so gracious in helping them.

Within a few days, Marvin had contacted Marshall's brother. He was so relieved that his brother was alright that he headed to him immediately. He never liked Charleshia and did everything he could to keep his brother from marrying her.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers