Into the Sunlight Ch. 04

Story Info
Learn to love again.
7.6k words
4.81
7.4k
4

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

Brandon was impressed. As hard as he and the guys on his team played, they could not stop the females. Camirra took over and called the shots. After the first twenty minutes, things changed. She was quick, and crafty. The girls out ran, out shot, and simply outmaneuvered them. The girls worked like a well oiled machine with Camirra as their leader and she could play.

Soon the game ended and the kids were awed. Camirra looked at a surprised Brandon. She was smiling.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked trying to pretend he was grumpy because he lost.

"I'm smiling because I know the loser has to treat the winner to a gelato." She teased.

"OK, alright then, but I think the winner could give the loser a little kiss to help his bruised ego." Brandon teased, Camirra laughed and kissed his cheek.

Both froze. "After a few seconds, Brandon cleared his throat and said, "A gelato, huh? A real woman would just ask for ice cream." And he took off. Camirra laughed and walked slowly towards him when he stopped to wait for her.

She had the most beautiful laugh, and Brandon knew he'd want to hear it many more times before he went home.

"Come on." Camirra whispered. She grabbed his hand and they took off. Before long she led him to a small hooded alcove. Surrounded by a canopy of trees, Brandon felt as if the outside world no longer existed.

"What is this place?" He asked, not really caring. He got to be completely alone with her.

Camirra laughed, "We called it our secret place. A bunch of us found this private little world when we were kids. I had my first kiss on that rock right there." She smiled remembering happier times. "I was young and knew Daddy would bust a gasket if he thought I liked a boy especially one from his youth center."

Brandon laughed, "Ah, so you are a good girl?" He teased.

Camirra's smile wavered, "I used to be." Then she looked sad. "I never brought Charles here. For some reason, I could not share this place with him."

Camirra stepped away from Brandon. He was not ignorant of her ex husband, but she never discussed her marriage with him before. After dating for a few months, and getting to know his, she felt that this relationship was serious. It could be permanent. Brandon filled something in her heart that she didn't know was missing. She needed to talk to him about her past, but until now it felt as if it was too soon. Would he run? Would he stay? She didn't know, but it was best tell him about her past than to try and keep secrets.

Taking a deep breath, Camirra spoke. "My ex-husband beat me. I blamed myself at first because everyone tried to stop me from going off with him. I didn't listen."

Brandon waited. Camirra took her time. "The first time he hit me we went to see a movie and I spoke to an old friend. I had shocked and he immediately apologized. He said his love for me made him crazy. He would never hurt me."

"He was volatile, like my dad. I forgave him. We went to Vegas and got married one weekend. Dad, Jason, Mom, and Cyn were furious. Charles and Daddy actually fought. We left and went to Grandma and Grandpa. Charles got upset with something Grandpa asked, so we went to live with his family. It was bad, but I couldn't return home . I made my choice." Camirra paused.

Brandon knew the rest. His brother filled him in. Even before he met her, her sister was very protective. Then he saw her for the first time. She was so damn quiet. He didn't want to spook her, so he made a nuisance of himself. Popping in during her visits, teasing her each time he saw her, asking if she was OK. Camirra never let him get under her skin. Then they reunited over the holiday visit, and he knew. She was it for him.

He wanted this girl, not just sexually, but he wanted her to be his other half. She was hesitant and he understood. He knew they would work out. She shared a big part of herself with him today. He never met Charles Finch, and was glad he would never meet him. As for Camirra, she never had to fear being hurt again.

Brandon was surprised. She shared a piece of her childhood with him and had not shared with her husband. "Thank you for telling me about him. I want you to know, I would never hurt you. I'm not Charles. But babe, you could have gone to the police, and I've met your Dad. Why did you really stay?"

Camirra sighed and looked away. Why did she really stay? That was the one question she didn't have the answer to.

However, Brandon was not done, "That's enough about the ex! So, some pimply-faced kid gave you your first kiss, huh? Well, ma'am, I don't want to disappoint. Let me give you your first real kiss." He added lifting her eyes to his. Placing his lips on hers, he kissed her, loving the sounds of her soft gasps, as her body melted in his embrace. Brandon wanted so much more, but he would not rush her. Camirra was special and like his brother, he wanted this to last a lifetime. He was doing what was right. No quickies, no shortcuts. She was like a diamond, carefully hidden and deserved to be unearth and treasured. She was his diamond, and only he would enjoy her beauty.

Before the kiss ended, Camirra was holding in to him completely engaged in their kiss. Soon, the kiss ended, and she smiled. Brandon's heart skipped a beat as he stared in her into eyes.

Camirra was about to say something when her phone rang. She answered because it was Rory. She told Rory Brandon was there and they were just spending the day together. Rory was relieved and promised to visit soon.

Brandon smiled and said, "Wait, Brian will call in 5, 4, 3..." his phone rang and he answered.

Camirra giggled and the two walked back to the park. They headed to Grandma Jasmine's because she insisted that Brandon stop by. Nick greeted him, and Brandon really liked spending time with her family. Nick asked about his parents, and Brandon told him they died years ago in a house fire. It was their death that made him want to become a firefighter.

Nick was impressed. He understood how all encompassing grief could be as he remembered losing Sarai when Cameron and Rosa were small. He shut down, and for a while, his teenage son, Cameron, worked to hold the family together. It wasn't until Cameron was seriously injured that Nick dealt with his grief and took control of his family. Nick share this with Brandon, and his respect for the older gentleman grew.

Camirra talked with her grandmother and Jasmine was relieved to see her so content. She liked Brandon. He was good for Camirra.

The couple did not stay long. Darius and Jason planned a cookout and Brandon was expected to help. So eventually, they arrived at her father's home. Cynthia was at the hospital working an afternoon shift, so Derreon greeted them. Her baby brother often annoyed Camirra, but today his false bravado was too adorable.

Brandon showed her brother the same respect he showed Darius, Jason and all of the other males in the family. As the rest of the family all arrived, Cyn came in from work. The women worked on side dishes as the men manned the grills. Nick and Marvin held supervisory roles.

Camirra could not help but take sneak peeks at Brandon. They had gotten to know each other over the last few months. She liked him. She knew he was curious about her marriage but he refrained from asking. She knew if they were going to become serious, she needed to share that past with him. She wondered how he would react.

"So, tell me, can I call him son, yet?" Deidre asked.

Camirra laughed, "Momma, if you want to, but that would make him kinda my brother, right. Ewww!" She frowned, teasing. Everyone laughed.

"I like him. I like you with him." Dee added. "I know I might be wrong, but I'm glad Charles is gone. He tried to destroy you, but you fought your way back to us. You are your own woman and deserve a chance at happiness. I think you and Brandon are good for each other."

Sierra chimed in, "OK, he beat Darius and Derrick at basketball. Cameron sings his praises. We stopped by Mom and Dad and they talked about no one but those twin boys. Hell, I'm impressed. You and Rory need to go on and start planning your weddings."

The women laughed. Camirra smiled, but she didn't want to get her hopes up. She liked Brandon, but once he learned of her past, he might not want her. She looked away, and Dee hugged her. Somehow, she knew what she was thinking. "He is the lucky one." She whispered, and Camirra smiled.

The men yelled and everyone looked out to see one of the grills flaming high. Brandon and Derrick were laughing so hard they had doubled over. The women rushed outside.

Derrick and Brandon were laughing so hard and could not tell them what happened. Fortunately for them, Derreon and the other boys gladly acted it out. Darius and Jason would not live this mishap down. The family ate and all seemed well until Cameron got a phone call. He had to go. Derrick and Darius stood to go with him. Brandon had learned from an earlier visit that the three were volunteer firemen. He of course had to tag along.

Not sure what they were heading into, their wives told them to be careful.

The four took Cameron's jeep and approached an apartment complex that burned. Darius knew some of the people that lived here and he needed to know if they got out. Almost everyone did. A young girl ran to them screaming that her grandmother didn't make it out. She went back for her baby brother.

Brandon took action. Approaching the fire chief, he identified his rank and requested permission to rescue. The chief did not hesitate. He had learned quite a bit about this young man. Giving him the equipment he needed, he assigned two guys to cover him. Brandon went in. He found the older lady and young boy passed out. He hoisted them, one of each shoulder, and headed for the nearest exit. As he rushed, the building started caving. He had to make a split second decision. So right before he crossed the threshold, he tossed the boy out. The old lady was too heavy, and he could only take one person through. The men that the chief assigned caught the boy and one rushed him to the medic and Brandon leaped to safety with the old woman. The door gave way and the building imploded.

The fire roared, and everyone was terrified. As the building started collapsing, and Darius and Derrick headed to the opening that they saw Brandon run into. Within seconds, the two men that covered him caught someone that was tossed through the opening, and rushed them to safety. Brandon came next, his jacket burning. The firefighter next to him covered his arm dousing the flame as another took the old woman. Darius and Derrick reached Brandon. He was OK, but needed medical attention.

The grandmother was seriously burned and took in a lot if smoke. The boy, thanks to grandma's quick thinking sustained very few burns, and would recover. Brandon inhaled some smoke and had a serious burn.

The young lady thanked them as she accompanied her family to the hospital. The chief checked on him, and told him to rehydrate. In all of his years, he'd never seen anything like that. He was a hero.

Derrick, Darius, and Cameron were impressed. The three helped put out the fire as the crowd that was watching grew. The reporters came and most ignored them. The fire chief stopped and gave a brief interview. Brandon refused to talk to them. They had to return home. Darius looked a bit worried. Brandon could have died. It was a miracle that he came out of that building alive.

Derrick looked at his brother and smiled. The two nodded. Both of them approved. They needed to talk with Jason and Cameron and see what they thought. Unless, this guy hurt his daughter, Brandon was now considered family.

"Guys, Brandon has a big bandage on his arm. You know they will have questions, right?" He asked.

Brandon laughed, and told the guys he'd explain. Meanwhile, Marge decided to watch the local news. The news reporter reported on the fire and that brave visiting fireman, Brandon Dean that not only helped douse the flames but pulled two people from the burning building. She stated that the firefighter declined to speak on camera, but the fire chief was willing to share.

Camirra froze. "Wait, did she say, Brandon went into that fire?"

"Yes, Camirra, he is fine. The reporter said he was." Cynthia explained.

At this moment the guys drove up. Jason, Marvin, and Nick looked at each other and headed for the door. Forewarned is better than being ambushed. As they got out of the car, Marvin and Nick faced them and said two words. "They know." The guys paused and looked at each other. Cameron went in first, and Sierra glared at him. "Babe, I didn't do anything."

Darius and Derrick followed him with Brandon bringing in the rear. Camirra moved to him immediately. She checked him, noting he was bandaged, but still alive. Once she was certain he was safe, she let him have it.

Brandon stood grinning as Camirra ripped him a new one. "Do you know how dangerous that was? You could have been killed. Don't ever risk anything like that again." She ranted.

"So, I guess you do care." He teased.

Camirra took a deep breath and was so annoyed. He was standing there grinning like an idiot.

"I save two people tonight, Camirra. I know you're angry, but it was worth it." Brandon stated calmly.

Camirra sighed, "OK, smart mouth, what if something happened to you? What would I tell Brian?"

Brandon looked at her. "You would tell him this; I was doing something I love." Then he smiled. Camirra forgot to speak.

Marge cleared her throat and commended Brandon on being so brave. Every one talked, and Brian and Rory called on Skype. As the group visited, Darius could not help but notice how the young men held his daughters close.

Derrick nudged him, "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine. It's hard letting go. You'll see when your little ones grow up. But Derrick, I like this guy and his brother. They remind me of us. Look at my baby." Derrick watched his niece as she laughed at the antics of her brother and nephews. Brandon was looking at her wearing a goofy grin.

"She's happy." Derrick stated.

"Not just happy, I've never seen her smile or laugh like that. He gave her that smile. Besides, that boy went onto a raging fire pulls two people out, and acts as if it was nothing. He's strong. He's honorable. But she's still my baby." Darius explained. Derrick nodded.

Soon the night ended, and everyone headed home. Camirra and Brandon stayed and helped with clean up. When they were done, they left with Brandon driving Camirra home.

He walked her to the door and she invited him in, and they drank a coffee. Soon, he was ready to go to this hotel. Camirra stopped him.

"You can stay here with me." She whispered.

Brandon smiled, "I thought you said you wanted to take it slow?"

Camirra sighed, "Nothing has to happen. I just wanted you to stay a little longer."

"OK, I'll stay tonight, but I'm on the sofa. Nothing has to happen." He sighed. This woman was beautiful. She kissed him, and he knew he would pleasure her tonight. As much as he tried to be all nice and abstain, if he didn't at least touch her, he was going insane.

Camirra smiled as he returned to the sofa. "I'm not sure if this s a good idea. I don't have anything to wear tomorrow."

Camirra laughed, "We can go to your hotel in the morning. Now watch a movie with me." Brandon smiled, reclined on the sofa and watched the action flick she had chosen.

Holding Camirra in his arms, Brandon felt content. For the first time in a long time he knew this was right. When Brian met Rory for the first time, Brandon would laugh at how flustered she made his brother, but now he understood. Each moment he spent with Camirra, he wanted to wrap her in cotton wool to keep her safe but he knew he had to let her take her time. Camirra laughed at something on the screen and Brandon chuckled,

"Hey, do you want a drink or something?" She asked. He was not interested in anything but how soft her skin felt as he caressed her. The Soft mewling sounds she made, told him she was enjoying his caresses as much as he was. He lay behind her hard, horny, but determined not to rush her.

"No, he answered, as his hand covered her breast. Camirra gasped, and turned as he kissed her. The movie continued to play as her hands too began an exploration of their own. Brandon kissed her, as her bold shifted, opening to welcome him into her warmth. Grinding her heat against him, Camirra moaned. Brandon new they needed to stop. As much as he wanted to strip her naked, and love her until he was all she could see, they needed to wait. It was weird, they dated for months now, but today she shared with him. She told him about her past, and that meant the world to him..

He should have tried to seduce her before now, but something about Camirra was different. She was more than just some girl he knew, some chick he was with. She was the woman he wanted in his life for a lifetime. So when they made love, and it would happen soon, it had to be perfect. Camirra yawned, and Brandon whispered, "Sleep, I'm here." She sighed and they watched the rest of the movie. Camirra fell asleep in his embrace before the closing credits and he happily slept holding her. Soon they fell asleep. For the first time in a long time, Brandon rested, holding Camirra close in his arms.

A few hours later Camirra woke, embarrassed that she had invited him to stay only to sleep. She crawled of the sofa and simply looked at him. He was so handsome, almost too handsome to be real. She noted the bandage that was still on his arm. Just knowing he put himself in harm's way gave her pause. However, he was so unlike any man she'd ever encountered before. Her family liked him, and he treated her so respectfully, she felt as if she was in a dream.

Moving to her linen closet, Camirra took out a blanket to cover him. She then retired to her bedroom. Brandon awoke a few hours later, cold. Camirra was no longer in his arms, and he was covered. His shoes were beside the couch and he knew she removed them and placed them there. He smiled. Camirra Lace Granger was everything he ever dreamed of.

*****

Rory awoke the next morning. She had to work Saturday and that was why she cancelled her trip home. Sadly, Brian had to report in as well, so he stayed home too. She did speak with Camirra and Brandon had arrived. Rory liked Brandon. There was something about him, and he made her sister happy. She got up, and showered. As she was about to make breakfast, someone knocked. It was Brian. He wanted to take her out for breakfast.

She went and they ate at a local eatery. As they ate, Rory noticed that females, young and old, kept flirting with her companion. Brain smiled back politely but seemed completely clueless to the amount of attention he garnered.

Rory was aware. At first, she didn't mind, but one day as she was working on some repairs, one of her coworkers commented on her relationship saying that he couldn't possibly want someone like her. She was as much of a guy as he was. Rory laughed off the jab, but the words lingered.

She wasn't drop dead gorgeous. She was not a size two. She wore her hair natural, and refused to apply a chemical relaxer. Her natural curls were easy to style and manage. Brian seemed to like that. He was down to earth, not hung up on things of that nature.

Then one day last week, she went by his office. He was talking with one of the women that worked there. The woman was gorgeous. She was tall, slender, a light brown toffee complexion. Her hair was straightened and hung to her waist. She and Brian complemented each other.

He looked up at her and smiled when she entered and even introduced the woman. The lady left, but Rory wondered was she someone he really wanted. He was a handsome man, and had his pick of women.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers