Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 01

Story Info
The wedding of Eian and Fiona.
7.2k words
4.72
67.9k
75

Part 1 of the 14 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/19/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers

NB: Hi all! This is the continuation of To Love a Were.

In this chapter, I'm going to go all out romantic and gooey to describe THE wedding of the year. So if you're a hopeless romantic like me, then I hope you'd like the fantasy that I've tried to create but if you're not, then I'd say 'why are you even reading this?'.

However, in this new series, Fiona and Eian will take a back seat as we explore other relationships. I do hope you'll enjoy.

Cheers!

-ArtForm-

***

"Fiona! Have you taken an inventory of the new stock like I told you to?" shouted Erika from the doorway. The petite woman was currently balancing on a small stool trying to fix the electronic bell at the entrance of the bookstore. She had installed it a few months ago to alert her of any incoming customer but right now the bell goes off every five minutes whether or not someone walks through the door. It was getting annoying.

"Not yet... I'll do it in a while!" Fiona shouted back. Wiping the sweat off her brow, she gave a sigh. There was just so much work to do. Even with the two of them, there always seemed to be something that needed to be done. She wondered how Erika had managed on her own for so long.

At the sound of the bell, Fiona looked up from her task of cleaning the tables.

"Fuck you!" Erika was cursing, pacing back and forth and flinging her left hand up and down.

"What happened?" Fiona left her task to rush over to Erika's side.

"Jazzed my finger on the circuit. Damn electronics. Why don't they have proper manuals?"

Fiona couldn't help but chuckle at her response. "Erika you never read the manuals. Just yesterday I saw you chuck the manual for the new ceiling fan into the dustbin."

"That's different. A fan's not an electronic device.... Is it?" she scrunched up her face as though thinking then shrugged. "Ah well, screw that. I guess we'll just have to do without a bell for now."

Fiona frowned and tried to think of another solution to their problem.

"Do you have any old fashion bells? We could fix them to the side of the door. That way, when someone pushes it open, the bells will ring!"

"Why didn't I think of that!" exclaimed Erika before disappearing up the stairs into her apartment. Fiona always thought it was really cool that her boss actually lived right above her workplace. It was convenient and saved so much on transport and meal cost.

When she came down a while later, Erika was holding up a gigantic bell and looked at Fiona excitedly.

"Will this do?"

"Erika! Is that... Where the hell did you get that?" Fiona's eyes widened at the sight of the bell.

"A man once gave me this bell as payment for a book. I think it's a cowbell. He convinced me that it was going to be a useful item to have around." Erika shrugged as she examined the bell. "Guess he was right after all."

"Erika... that's a cow bell."

"Yeah, I know."

Fiona rolled her eyes at her boss and new found friend and went back to cleaning the tables. She had been wiping every surface of the furniture with anti-bacterial solution as they were having reading sessions with some children in the store later that afternoon. Glancing at the grandfather's clock at the end of the shop, Fiona noted that they still had half an hour before opening time.

She was soon so lost in concentration over her task that she didn't hear the footsteps coming towards her. It was only when the intruder stood directly behind her that her senses went on full alert. Her first instinct was to clamp her fingers around the person's neck but she had to restrain herself. This was a human inhabited area. No human could possibly be of a real threat to her.

However, she kept a grim expression as she turned around and then gave a shout of joy at the sight of Alaron.

"You're here!" she squealed in excitement.

"Yeah yeah... The dog... I mean Eian told me you were here. Like I couldn't scent you out on my own."

"Shh!!! Keep your voice down Al! There are humans!" she hissed, slapping his arm. "So why are you here?"

"Checking on you... Seriously Fi... why are you working in this dump?" he gave the store a once over and shuddered.

Out of the corner of her eye, Fiona saw Erika coming towards them. Even without turning, she knew that her boss was irritated. Apparently she heard snippets of their conversation

"Excuse me, we're not open yet. And we don't accept assholes in our 'dump'. Now scram before I call the cops. You're trespassing."

For a second, the room fell silent that you could hear a pin drop. Fiona looked from Alaron to Erika and back to Alaron, preparing for a physical intervention should he attack her. He was looking at Erika with such intensity as though she was prime meat, ready to be bitten. However, to her surprise he didn't. In fact he was laughing, a deep, thunderous sound that echoed in the room.

"I'll check on you later Fi. Ciao," he said before turning on his heel and walked out the door.

Erika turned to look at Fiona with an open mouth.

"I have only two things to say to you. One, is that guy hot or what? And then two, why is that jerk an acquaintance of yours?"

Fiona let out a resigned sigh. Erika was almost right on both accounts. "He's not a friend... he's actually my..." Fiona stopped herself. Was a 'Sire' the same as 'father'? If she said 'father' that would sound really weird as Alaron looked as old as she did. On the other hand, 'Sire' was not such a human-friendly word. So she had to lie for the sake of the human. "He's my brother and yeah he can be quite a jerk at times. It's his way of showing affection."

"That's some way of showing affection. But on a completely different note, do good genes run in your family or what?"

Fiona blushed slightly, unsure how to respond to the compliment. Instead she went over to the coffee maker and poured a cup each for both of them.

"I really like that we had this installed," she said instead, gesturing to their new coffee maker. "A good cup of coffee is always a great companion for a good book."

Erika smiled and raised her cup as a form of salute.

"So, will you be coming to my wedding this weekend?" asked Fiona as she sipped the mild brew. She was starting to have somewhat of an addiction to it and was thankful that coffee or any liquid for that matter seemed to be something her body was adaptable to.

Erika was silent as she savoured her first sip of coffee. Then she grinned.

"If your family members are as beautiful as you are then I would love to come," she gave a laugh then patted Fiona's shoulder. "I'm kidding. Of course I'm coming. I wouldn't miss it for anything."

***

Eian had picked her up after work in one of his luxury cars, much to her annoyance.

"Haven't I told you that I am perfectly capable of going home on my own?" she asked, fastening her seatbelt.

"Then, haven't I told you that I absolutely love you and will go all out to make your life so much easier?"

Fiona couldn't resist a laugh but threw him a furtive look anyway.

"You think you can use the 'L' word and get away with everything," she commented as they neared the pack grounds.

"Yeah, pretty much," he replied with a smile. "So how was your day at work?"

"Oh it was fine. We had a read along session with some children today and I had so much fun. Those children smell so wonderful... it's like holding a bouquet of roses in front of your nose all the time."

Eian raised his eyebrow but didn't look at her. "And you contained yourself around them?"

"Of course I did! I would never harm children ever! Their innocence presents no threat to me."

Eian didn't say anything. He was still worried about her working in close proximity with humans; the incident at Dominic's wedding was always at the back of his mind. However, Fiona seemed to be coping very well indeed and aside from her sudden outbursts, she was slowly learning to control her powers. Her trial week at the bookstore had also paid off for she was now in her second month of employment, although Eian wouldn't really consider it as such. She was hardly paid and even though her boss covered her meals, he knew that she was just being polite when she stuffed whatever food down her throat; possibly throwing it up later.

"Sweetheart? Don't do that... I know you're worried about me, but I'll be fine," coaxed Fiona. Eian had always been protective of her but ever since they mated, he was becoming exceedingly so. At times she had even caught him sniffing at her as though scenting for some human blood. That had always been a cause of annoyance to her and the trigger for the use of her abilities on him.

"Oh, are we dropping by Pearl's place?" she asked when she noticed that they were not turning into their driveway.

"Yeah, Dominic and Sydney are home. They spent a month at her parents' place after their honeymoon."

As usual, Pearl's house was a hive of warmth and comfort. She had gone out of the way to welcome her brother by baking a huge cake and cooking various other foods. From the amount, Fiona wondered if they were expecting a party crowd. Shaking her head, she went over to help Pearl lay out the table.

Sydney and Dominic came in a moment later and Sydney immediately jumped towards Fiona and hugged her close in lieu of a greeting.

"Oh Fiona guess what!" she squealed, taking a glance at Dominic. She waited a heartbeat, and without waiting for Fiona's reply, exclaimed, "I'm pregnant!" Then she went around hugging everybody. Clearly she was dying to tell everyone the news and by the looks of it, was beyond thrilled at the knowledge of her pregnancy.

"Oh, that's wonderful Sydney! But I can hardly see anything yet!" said Fiona.

"Not yet! Maybe in another three months or so then I'm going to be really huge and I'll have to sit on my ass all day!"

Fiona's eyes widened in shock. Sitting on her ass all day doesn't sound like Sydney at all! Marriage does change people, she mused. For the better she hoped. Her gaze flicked briefly towards Eian and noticed that he had an amused look on his face. He was looking straight at her, as though reading her mind for he gave her a thumbs-up.

What's that supposed to mean? She slanted her eyes at him.

What's what supposed to mean? Fiona almost dropped the bowl she was holding. Where the hell did that voice come from?

Testing. Are you the voice of my conscience?

Yes.

Eian watched his mate's eyes widen slightly more. She clearly had no idea that once they mated, they established a bond that ran deeper than the mere physical connection. They had an ability to communicate with each other if they wished to; have privy to each other's emotions and desires. It wasn't as accurate as the gift of mind-reading that Draven might have, but Eian always considered the wolf bond to be much more unique and intimate.

But for now, he was going to enjoy playing with his little Vampire just a while longer. She looked really adorable when she was confused. No, correction, she looks adorable regardless of what emotion she's wearing on her face; be it anger, amusement, confusion, lust, love...

At that moment, he heard soft footsteps rushing down the stairs and turned to find three toddlers hurrying towards the dining table. The only boy out of the trio stopped briefly to eye him suspiciously before giving a toothy grin.

"Fafa!" he squealed then ran to his father who was slowly coming down the stairs.

"Alex is still having trouble with his vowel sounds except 'A'. So at this moment, Fafa could mean Papa or Alpha or remotely even, Fiona," explained Mike, picking his son up. The toddler was currently climbing his father's shoulder; his mass of black curls so striking against his fair skin. Unlike his sisters, he took after his mother in terms of complexion and skin tone and by the looks of it, in size too for he was much smaller than the girls.

Later on after they had dinner, the women went upstairs to help get the children to bed. Fiona watched as Pearl expertly managed three highly energized toddlers with the skill and finesse of a mother. When she gave them the stern look, they yielded immediately, although Fiona noticed that Alex had glanced towards her and winked.

"So Fiona, what does it feel like knowing you're going to be the Alpha female soon?" asked Pearl as she wrestled one of the girls into her pajamas.

Fiona stood openmouthed at Pearl's question. She hadn't even thought about that issue at all!

"I... I don't... I mean, I don't know..." she stuttered.

"Oh don't worry Sweetie, it'll be fine," said Sydney, placing a reassuring hand on Fiona's shoulder. "Your task is to make as many babies as possible."

Fiona gave a gasp and Pearl gave Sydney a reprimanding look.

"You're not making her feel better Sydney. But really, it's not so bad. Eian's a great Alpha and has been so for centuries. If he requires your counsel, he'll seek it. If not, he won't burden you with anything. That's just how he is and you know that."

"Well, I suppose you're right... but it sure sounds like a daunting position. Alpha female. What characteristics do you think an Alpha female should have?" asked Fiona.

"That's such a biased question Fiona," said Pearl, gesturing for each of them to keep an eye on one of the children. As they walked towards the children's bedroom, she continued, "Some Alpha males in other packs are ruthless, aggressive and very temperamental but Eian's not like that at all. If anything, he handles everything in a calm and cool manner... almost icy at times but he never raises his voice if he can help it. Similarly, some Alpha bitches are equally aggressive as their mates or as sweet natured and gentle as someone I know," she said, winking at Fiona.

"In other words, you're both made for each other so don't worry about it too much," said Sydney. "Right now, you should be more worried about the wedding. Hell, I know I worried incessantly over mine."

Fiona gave a laugh as she tucked one of the girls in. This one was called Clara and she was the only one who had her mother's blue eyes and straight hair. Her skin was smooth, as babies usually are and the colour of milk chocolate. Fiona thought that she smelled like one too. Simply wonderful. The other one, Mira had the same black curls as her father and brother, along with deep brown eyes that looked black in the dark.

"Pearl, do you think I could include your children in my procession?" asked Fiona, pressing a soft kiss on Clara and Mira's forehead. "Flower girls... ring bearer?"

"Of course you can Sweetie! Anything at all! Plus, these little monsters would be thrilled to help. Wouldn't you my babies?"

Fiona watched the girls give a shy smile before hiding under their covers. Alex however was wrinkling his nose.

"What? No good?" asked Pearl, watching her son shake his head.

"Garls..." he whispered but Fiona caught it. Pearl chuckled then tucked him in.

"Sounds like he doesn't think it's manly to be a ring bearer. Well mister, we'll talk about this tomorrow. Now go to sleep... all of you," she said with an added emphasis on the last few words.

***

The wedding day

Fiona was sitting in front of her dressing table, watching the hairstylist pull her lush brown hair up into large loops and pinning them at various junctures on her head. The hairstyle looked good on her small angular face and all that was left was the right accessories. Fiona's eyes landed casually on her right. On the table was a small cushion on which a lovely tiara was nestled on. It had belonged to the first Lady Culzean; Aramis's first wife.

"Your hair's all ready, my Lady. Would you like me to help put your tiara on?" asked the hairstylist. Fiona nodded and watched as the woman placed the beautifully crafted silver carefully on her hair; its blue sapphires twinkling brightly in the light.

"You look beautiful."

Fiona looked at the mirror to see the reflection of Alaron leaning against the door.

"You look dashing yourself. What are you doing here?"

"To steal you away." Everyone in the room suddenly became silent and all eyes turned to him. "What? Kidding okay! Jeez," he mumbled, raising both hands up as a sign of defeat. "Anyway, Father says that we are leaving in half an hour. The private jet's already at the landing pad. Won't take us long to reach the castle."

Erika who was sitting down with Pearl's daughters suddenly stood up. "Wait, we're going to another castle? You mean this place is not grand enough? Oh my god Fiona, just exactly how rich are you?"

"Oh she's much richer than any of us could imagine!" said Pearl. "I didn't even know that Eian was a Duke until like... last night! Seriously! No one would have thought he was anything more than a simple business man."

"He's a what?" exclaimed Sydney. "You mean this isn't just a fancy wedding but like a real real royal affair? It's no wonder Eian insisted that we need not worry about the details! We're hardly... qualified."

Fiona turned sharply towards Sydney and pursed her lips. "Don't say that Sydney. It's my Grandfather really. He had the caterers and decorators and almost everything else on stand by since a year ago. Please don't take it to heart? You ladies did a wonderful job at my bridal shower remember?"

"If we knew, we would have made it even grander," said Amber who had been silent so far. "But come on ladies... the point here is that Fiona doesn't care that we're simple people. If she did, we wouldn't be her bridesmaids. Aren't I right Sweetie?" Fiona was relieved to hear that and nodded her head.

"Yeah yeah, less with the yapping ladies and get your asses out in five," said Alaron before he left the room.

As soon as the women were alone, Fiona got up and admired herself in the full length mirror. The lovely princess-cut dress flared down copiously from her waist with its intricate embroideries trailing like vines down to the hemline. The off white duchess satin felt cool over her skin and glided effortless when she swayed from side to side.

For a moment, Fiona truly felt like a princess... or to be precise, a Duchess to a Scottish peer. The dark blue and red stripes of Eian's clan tartan were currently wrapped as a sash around her waist while another was pinned to her right shoulder, flowing down her back.

"I know it's too late to ask this... but do you think this heart shape neckline is really a good idea?" she asked, daring herself to look down. The seamstress had done a wonderful job ensuring that it wasn't too low a cut but Fiona was still slightly conscious of her body.

"Honey, you have a wonderful figure. Besides, the lace wrapping around your chest and sleeves ought to give you some coverage. I think you look beautiful," said Pearl kindly.

"I suppose I do look beautiful," said Fiona with a laugh. "Oh my god... I'm getting married today!" she suddenly screamed in excitement. "Can you believe it?"

"Only to the most gorgeous man around!" added Erika with a laugh.

"Then we shouldn't keep him waiting for his bride!" said Amber, opening the door for the others.

***

The jet ride was speedy even though they had to cover more than 300 miles to MacFarlane Castle. Fiona knew that it was probably known under its more archaic name for the castle was named after its estate. However at the moment, the name didn't matter to her. All she knew was that Eian once lived there and she was extremely excited to see it.

The moment she saw it through the windows, she began to point excitedly and all the women began to squeal in awe and fascination at the expanse of the grounds. From their vantage point, the view was simply magnificent and picturesque. The castle itself was nestled between lakes and forests and harked back to a more 13th century time with its Romanesque architecture.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers