Into the Vampire's Lair Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When he woke up a while later, he saw that she was already standing up and his pants were pulled up and held together by the drawstring once again. Did he just pass out?

"Yes, you passed out. That has never happened to me before but I'll forgive you for now since you're still on medication."

He looked at her, feeling scared. Passing out during sex was not a good sign... or rather, it wasn't a good sign if it was after having sex with a Werewolf. With a sigh, he looked into her blue eyes desperately.

"I'm sorry I couldn't pull out. You were really adamant."

"No... don't apologize please. It will be okay."

He didn't reply but watched as she pulled her hair back neatly into a bun. Even that simple act was making him have impure thoughts again. It was as if his desire for sex was reawakened and he was insatiable.

"Why couldn't you just tell me to take off my underwear instead of cutting it up like this?" she asked after awhile, dangling the useless material then tucking it into her lab coat.

"We were in a hurry," he replied, leaning back with a slow smile on his face. "Besides... I like knowing that you're walking around for the rest of the day without any panties on."

"Pervert," she laughed. "But honestly, that was one fine silk panty." With a sigh, she started walking towards the door.

"I'll get you another," he said matter-of-factly. Amber didn't reply him. She knew he was just saying that to humour her.

"What time does your shift end?" he asked as she was about to leave.

She didn't reply but stayed glued at the door. He saw that her eyelashes were fluttering and she even had the decency to blush knowing the implication of his question.

"8pm," she whispered before running out of the door.

***

It was slightly after 5pm when Alaron and Fiona came to visit him.

"Oh... my... god..." was the first thing that came out of Alaron's mouth the second he entered the ward. "You did NOT!" His expression was a cross between amusement and jealousy.

"Did what?" asked Fiona from behind him. A minute later, her eyes were wide open; staring at Draven in disbelief.

Somehow his brother and niece's shock didn't seem to bother Draven much for he was leaning back in his bed with his eyes closed, humming a tune from The Beetles.

"Honestly, this place needs to be fumigated," said Alaron, desperately opening the windows and turning up the speed of the fan.

Feeling just a little awkward, Fiona sat at the edge of Draven's bed and patted his left arm lightly. "How's the other arm?"

His eyes fluttered open and he smiled. "That's not what you want to ask me."

"Well, it's embarrassing. So let's just concentrate on the arm. Is it healing?"

"Yes. In fact, Alaron come here and help me get this stupid thing off. I can't think with it on."

Alaron moved to the right side of the bed and peered at his brother's face. "Hello Major Tom, are you receiving?"

At Draven's annoyed look, Alaron chuckled, "Oh he's receiving alright. Plus it's not that you can't think with it on but that you can't fuc..."

"Don't tease him like that Al!" Fiona cut him midsentence with an embarrassed flush. "And Draven you are not taking that cast off until the doctor says that you can!" chided Fiona, trying to give both men a stern glare.

"It'll be fine, my dear... I just needed the bone to be aligned and then I can heal it on my own. It has been more than 24 hours so I think it should be fine."

Fiona looked at him doubtfully before shaking her head. "I don't believe you. And don't think I don't know why you're so eager to take that thing off!"

"That goes to show that he is thinking straight, no pun intended of course," said Alaron winking at Fiona. "Judging from the reek of this room, I'd say you did pretty well even with one hand in a cast. Way to go Bro."

Draven rolled his eyes. "For the hundredth time Alaron, I hate to be called that!" Feeling self conscious, Draven sniffed the air. "Do you both have extra sensitive noses or what? I can't smell a thing and the nurses definitely did not smell anything either."

"Of course you're not aware of your own stench," said Alaron.

"Okay enough you two, it's time for you to feed," said Fiona, taking out a couple of blood bags and removing the clipper on the transfer tube.

"My blood type?" asked Draven. Fiona gave him a harsh look. "Okay, just checking. Don't be angry, princess..."

"I'm not angry," she replied but stuffed the tube into his mouth with much more force than intended. "Drink," she instructed, holding the bag for him.

"Anyway, Eian and I were discussing last night on how best to fix the problem of the bookshop," she said slowly. "And we came up with two options. The first is that we restore the current shop to its exact state, including purchasing all the books that are supposed to be in stock. The second option is that we move the shop to a more upscale location and let her start rebuilding it from scratch."

Draven watched her intently, reading her mind in advance but he asked his question anyway. "What's the catch?"

"No catch."

"Fiona..." He gave her a warning look but Alaron answered instead.

"Eian won't let her work in that old dump anymore... what? Itwasa dump okay?" said Alaron when Fiona gave him a murderous look. "So if we pick the first option, you have to erase all of Erika's memories pertaining to all of us." His voice was monotonous but they heard the slight emotional inflections in it. "The second option, which I would prefer is to suggest to her that she sold her shop ages ago and is planning on opening another one in a much safer environment. Best of all, Fiona can continue working for her!"

And you can continue dropping by I suppose?

Alaron shrugged.

"Erasure of memory is best. Trust me. You can suggest an idea into her but there is a chance that she might fight it someday and overcome the suggestion."

The atmosphere in the room suddenly became tensed. Fiona looked away; Alaron shuffled his feet and stared at the floor.

Draven listened to their thoughts silently and considered the situation. If it were up to the council, the human would have her memory modified and these two would be under house arrest for the rest of their lives... and he? He would be imprisoned and forced to go cold turkey without blood for decades. A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of that.

"Okay children, that's enough mopping. I'll take a look at Erika tomorrow and assess her state of mind. If she can handle our secret, then we'll take her into our protection. If not, then I will take away just the event when she saw us fighting in the store. Is that alright?"

"Yes!" exclaimed the two at the same time. Draven shook his head then glanced up at the clock beside his bed. It was 7:30pm already. How time flies.

"Alright you two, time to go home," he said.

"But we just got here!" protested Alaron. A heartbeat passed before he narrowed his eyes at Draven. "You have got to be kidding me! Ok, ok. We're leaving."

"Why?" Fiona was puzzled.

"Someone has a hot date at 8pm."

"Oh!" She blushed slightly then took the empty blood bag from Draven's chest and placed the other one by his bed. "I'll put it inside the holding box to keep it warm for you. You're... going to need it," she whispered shyly.

"Thank you," he replied, giving her a smile. "Fiona my dear, could you do me a favour?"

She looked at him dubiously. What favour could he possibly want from her?

"Could you suggest to the nurse or doctor that perhaps I could be discharged tomorrow?"

He could see that she was struggling between saying yes and no.

"Please? The sooner I'm out, the sooner we can settle Erika's problem." Her nod was tentative at first but then she nodded confidently and smiled.

"We'll leave you then... and uh, come by tomorrow morning. Have a good rest Draven," she said as they started towards the door.

***

Draven was waiting for her, but this time he wasn't in his bed but leaning by the window, looking out at the vast expanse of forest. He supposed that this was a peaceful place to recuperate but he had to get out of here soon. The place was suffocating him and he didn't like being around Werewolves too much. Their scent was too enticing; even more than humans and it took a lot of his willpower not to have a taste.

An irony perhaps, considering that he was about to have sex with the she-wolf who just entered his ward.

"Hi," she whispered. "I told the nurse I was just going to be in for a while... so I don't think I should stay here too long in case she gets worried and comes in."

"I'll take care of that," he said, moving towards the door. Amber quickly cut in front of his path and placed a gentle hand against his chest.

"No, don't..." Whatever she was about to say was forgotten as his mouth claimed hers; his left hand eagerly running down her body, pausing briefly to squeeze her breast with enough pressure to let her know his intention.

"We'll just let her walk in and catch us then," he whispered against her lips, pressing his erection suggestively on her stomach.

"Oh god... I want..." Once again he kissed her words away; the passion leaving her breathless. It took all of her self control to push him away for a second. "I need to talk."

Draven looked down at the woman in front of him; tilting her face upwards to study her eyes. "Okay, talk."

She tried to look away but the intensity in his gaze stopped her. There was no way around this. She had to tell him the truth.

"Draven Culzean... you are my mate."

He blinked once, trying to process what she had just said. Then slowly he stepped away from her.

"No... it's just sex. You want me and I want you. There is nothing going on here..." His voice was calm and cold; his mental shield on guard to prevent her from entering his mind. No Vampire had access to it without his permission and this... wolf could slip in and out of it as though he was a wide open book.

When she moved a step forward, he took two steps back. He could see the hurt in her eyes but he wasn't going to address them.

"Please," she pleaded softly. "Please don't walk away from me..."

The instant the words left her lips, she felt him standing close behind her, his left hand holding her jaw tight; his sharp talons drawing blood from the strength of his grip. She didn't need to see to know that his fangs were out and held precariously close to her neck artery for she could sense it.

"One bite is all it takes..." he whispered, moving nearer such that the sharp tip nicked her flesh slightly. She felt his tongue licking the droplets of blood oozing out from the prick. Swallowing hard, she calmed herself down. Getting panicked would only increase her heartbeat and cause more blood to spurt.

He must have heard her thoughts for he slowly released his grip on her jaws and retracted his fangs.

"Not scared of death? Very well then," he hissed, placing his palm gently against her cheek. "I will never be your mate... because you won't even remember meeting me..."

A teardrop escaped from the side of her eyes as the first wave of blackout hit her.

Help me.

The next thing she knew she was standing on fours, a familiar snarl coming involuntarily from her throat. Her wolf had taken over!

She thought he would have come for her but he was simply leaning against a wall, staring at the wolf and somehow also at herself. An amused smile danced across his lips but his eyes were no longer brown but pools of silver; hard, cold and unmoving.

"Resistance is futile Amber," he said in a nonchalant tone. "I'm almost five hundred years old and how old are you? A hundred?"

He heard the defensive protest from her mind and laughed, "Sixty? Then I must apologize. I've never bedded anyone underage before." The flash of anger in her eyes amused him even more and he began to laugh in that cold, unfeeling tone. "Go home little wolf."

When she did not budge, he straightened his back and approached her, knowing full well that she would not hurt him seeing that she saw him as her mate.

"Here are my options... One- I take away your memories and you can go on with your life. Two- I let you keep your memories but I kill you."

The wolf blinked at him, obviously disappointed with his options. Her reaction caused his eyebrows to rise in intrigue. Apparently this wolf was much more demanding than her human host. It would be interesting to negotiate... or humor this wolf's demands.

Therefore, it came as a surprise when she began shifting back into her human form; her body naked and looking almost fragile against the hard floor. Damn animal! Itknewjust how to distract him.

"She... she wants me to decide," whispered Amber, her eyes glistening with sadness. Draven was tempted to go over and wipe the tears that escaped, knowing that he had caused them in the first place. However, he stood his ground, staring down at the naked woman without a flicker of emotion on his face.

"So what's your decision? One or Two?"

"Let me get this right; Option two is where I get to keep my memories and then you kill me right? Word for word?"

Draven frowned but nodded slowly, wondering if she was seeing a loophole in his option.

"Then I'll take option two," she breathed, watching his silver eyes flicker with annoyance. Obviously he had expected her to take option one. "But... since you didn't say when you'll kill me, then I would like to dictate the moment."

"What!" he burst out, hurling himself towards her, his hand around her neck; firmly enough to hold her in place but not choke her.

If after you've mated with me and you still believe you're not my mate, then I'll let you kill me.

He glared at her but loosened his grip slightly; his eyes slowly reverting into dark brown irises. For just one moment, Draven hated the fact that she was a Werewolf for he desired her, wanted her... needed her in his life.

"Oh god..." he moaned, taking his hand away from her and pressed it against his eyeballs, trying to quell the thumping headache that was starting to build there. He felt her sitting up to hold him but he didn't resist; her soft fingers touching his forehead then feeling the pulse at his throat.

"You're burning up." She tried to pull him up but he refused to budge. "You can't sit here all night..."

I can and you will sit here with me

"I'll still sit with you but on the bed, so my ass won't turn into an ice-cube by tomorrow."

"I could thaw it with my tongue," he replied, watching her eyes flick towards him in surprise. Was the fever making him forget his anger?

"We are not having sex tonight," she clucked her tongue, placing her fists on her waist. "Now get up and sit on the bed."

He growled at her but did as he was told and watched as she slowly climbed into the bed with him. It would be nice to cuddle with a soft naked body for a change. He hadn't had much opportunity in the past centuries. However, the naked woman that climbed into the bed was not the same as the one currently lying on his chest.

Draven peered into the blue eyes of the wolf currently nestled against him.

You didn't specify which form.

Chicken.

No I'm not!

Yes you are. You just want to make sure we're not having sex tonight.

It's not always about sex.

I know...

They both seemed satisfied with his answer, knowing that it was a temporary truce.

Draven looked down at the wolf curled up against him and felt guilty when he saw the marks from his assault earlier. The wounds were slowly healing beneath her golden brown fur but he hated knowing that he had caused them.

He wanted to say something assuring but instead, nuzzled his face close to her fur and felt himself drift off to sleep.

***

His first stir of consciousness was accompanied by a whiff of wild berries and bark. Draven stretched lazily and opened his eyes to the sight of a wondrously naked female curled against his body. Immediately he stiffened; his motion jerking the woman into consciousness.

Her blue eyes flashed in alarm before softening at the memory. Draven was about to reach out to kiss her good morning when he came face to face with the snout of a snarling wolf.

"Did you take advantage of me in my sleep?" he asked, nuzzling her nose with his. It felt strange talking to the animal but he knew that she was listening to him.

Of course not. It was uncomfortable enough sharing the bed.

"Then explain that," he said in amusement, pointing to the little tent in his pants. "Aren't you going to do anything about it?"

The wolf ignored him and turned her head expectantly to the door, just in time to see Alaron walking in with a nurse holding the release papers.

"Oh man..." he said the moment he saw them on the same bed.

Tell him it's not what he thinks it is!

But Draven lips were curling up in a wicked smile. "Are you here to take me home?"

Alaron rolled his eyes and dismissed the nurse after she passed him the forms. "Unless you'd rather stay here? You look so comfortable and well rested, brother."

"Yes, it seems that some needs have been met."

Amber's eyes widened and she was just thankful that no one could see her blush in embarrassment since she was in her wolf form.

"I bet. Now get off your ass you two. We're going home."

Can you drop me off at my place first? I refuse to be naked in front of him.

I thought you Werewolves aren't ashamed of being naked?

Oh okay then.

Draven regretted it the moment she shifted back into her naked human form. The morning erection that had subsided minutes ago was gearing back to life. If that was not bad enough, he watched Alaron's eyes taking in the sight in front of him.

Keep your bloody eyes away from her unless you wish to have no use for them any longer.

Alaron flicked his gaze towards his brother who was slowly getting up from his bed.

How can I avoid not looking at her when she's walking towards me?

Draven kept his eyes on Alaron. "Give me my clothes," he said gruffly, snatching the bag away from Alaron's eyes.

Are you keeping her? I bet you guys have amazing monkey sex at every minute. Just look at her ti...

Shut up or I will personally tie your tongue around your neck.

So you're keeping her?

She's not a pet Alaron!

That's a yes then.

Draven looked up at the ceiling, muttering curses under his breath. He stripped facing away from Alaron and began pulling up his jeans and buttoning his shirt before turning back to see both Amber and his brother staring at him.

"Are you really going to walk out of here naked?" he asked, unconsciously passing her his hospital garb.

Yes. This is my compound.

There are humans!

So?

Put on my shirt at least. You are not letting my brother see you naked for a second more.

Amber cocked her head slightly as she caught the shirt.

Jealous?

Never.

Alaron was watching the two of them. They looked as though they were trying to outstare each other, possibly arguing in their minds. He found it amazing that the Werewolf could communicate with his brother mentally. That was odd.

"Okay lovebirds. Chop chop. We need to head down to Fiona's house to do our mumbo jumbo. Do you need us to drop you off first?" he said, looking at Amber.

"Yes please."

"Right, now that you're decent, let's go."

***

The ride had been most uncomfortable for Alaron. Even though Amber was seated in the backseat, he could literally sense the tension between her and his brother who was seated next to him. And the worst part was- they weren't even talking to each other. He wasn't sure if all of that tension was sexual and the tiny flickers of worry started to gnaw at him as he wondered if there was more to them than just sex. Surely Draven wouldn't be that stupid.