Intrusion Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

"Oh, hi," said Rebecca the following morning, as she met Kate in the hotel lobby. Remembering the previous night, she had difficulty looking in the other woman's eyes, and glanced around the room, at anything but her. "Where are Helen and Curtis?"

"They went off to the hospital again. I'm afraid you overslept."

"Oh, yeah, sorry," she stumbled over the words, thinking of what to say. She was in the middle of what was probably the most important case of her career, and she had to be distracted by this! "Uh, look, Kate," she said eventually, "I think we do need to talk. Later I mean, after we..."

And then she stopped, standing still in the middle of the room, eyes fixed on something to Kate's right.

"Are you okay?" asked the security officer, following her gaze, but not seeing anything but the hotel reception desk.

Rebecca said nothing, but strode rapidly across the room, and plucked a small brochure from the stand beside the desk. Then she flipped it over, staring at it intently, Kate, for now, forgotten.

"What is it?" her colleague prompted.

Rebecca looked up, eyes wide, her expression one of sudden realisation.

"I know what it wants. I know where it's going."