Invincible

Story Info
The Life and Times of an Invulnerable Man.
1.5k words
2.89
15.9k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,117 Followers

It's my life! Seriously. I wish they'd get off my back about these things. Everybody needs a day off at some point, right? My name is Jason Cormier. A six-foot-three, bulky young man with dark brown skin, short curly black hair and light bronze eyes. I'm half African-American and half Caucasian, of French and Greek descent. The world knows me as the Superhero. That's it. Nothing else. That's the name they call me.

It all began ten years ago. I was nineteen years old, a student at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. I had gotten accepted at that school on a student-athlete scholarship for football. I was beginning my college career, majoring in Criminal Justice. I was a normal guy in every way. My father, James Cormier is a forensic accountant. My mother, Jacqueline Brown Cormier is a psychology professor at Boston College. We lived in a nice house on Boston's Back Bay. A nice, quiet life. Until my freshman year of college. That's when all hell broke loose.

I was walking on Boston Common when suddenly a car came by. The car was full of people armed to the teeth, and these gangsters had just robbed a bank. The Boston Police Department had four cruisers tailing them. Oh, and there was a news van and a helicopter videotaping the chase. They came barreling through the park and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I got shot seventeen times. On national television. Talk about bad luck. Luckily, I survived. Not only did I survive, I didn't have a scratch on me. For some reason, the bullets couldn't penetrate my skin.

That was on September 13, 1998. The entire world watched me get shot and survive. What followed was nothing short of a media circus. The entire world wanted to know about me. The young black guy who was bulletproof. I didn't want any of it. I wanted my life back. Unfortunately, that wasn't in the cards. The Governor of Massachusetts ordered me into the custody of scientists working for the state. They wanted to figure out what in hell was going on with me. They did a thousand tests. They put me into quarantine. And finally, sixty days later, they let me go. And since then, the United States Government has been watching my every move. Welcome to my life.

I tried to resume a normal life. But I couldn't. My parents disowned me. The Northeastern University football team kicked me out. As did the school. I found myself alone in this world. Alone with no friends. I got a job working as a security guard at a mall in downtown Boston and took night classes at Bunker Hill Community College. Eventually, I earned my associate's degree in Criminal Justice. Later, I earned my bachelors degree at UMass-Boston. I thought the world would eventually forget about me. Shows you how young I was. The world has never seen anything like me. A man who simply cannot be hurt. I cannot be shot, stabbed, poisoned or crushed. It's almost as if every inch of my body were made of a substance a billion times harder than steel. Weird, huh?

I wasn't born like this. I recall getting hurt many times when I was growing up. When I attended Boston College High School, I got seriously injured while practicing on the gridiron with the guys from the junior varsity team. I don't know where my powers came from. I wasn't experimented on by anyone. At least not prior to discovering that I am invulnerable. Also, I haven't been exposed to radiation. And I didn't come from a frigging rocket ship. You science fiction nerds get the damn picture? Cool.

I began attending Suffolk University Law School primarily because I wanted to know about the law. I wanted to see the city of Boston for the shabby way they treated me when they found out about my powers. That's what drove me on. Then one day, a distraught young white woman named Ashley Monet brought a gun to class and wounded two people. Then she began firing at me. I ran. She chased me into the law library. I snuck up behind her and managed to knock her out and took the gun away from her. I am not the kind of fellow who likes beating on females or whatever but when a woman pulls a gun on you, it's time to drop the chivalry shit and do what you got to do to survive. A woman with a gun will kill you no slower than her male counterparts. Trust me on that one.

Anyway, here's the aftermath. Someone managed to videotape the whole thing. The crazy white chick shooting two people in class, then trying to blast me into the next world. They also filmed me taking her out and basically saving the day. It was all over the TV news, and also on the Internet. The incident was discussed in living rooms and chat rooms around the planet. For a while, I didn't know what to make of it. Were they going to hound me even more than they used to? I wouldn't be surprised, folks. People are funny. They can love you one day and want to crucify you the next. They're so two-faced. I hate that about them. You can't trust nobody. I mean, my own mom and pops called me the devil and shut me out of their lives.

What happened next surprised the shit out of me. The white woman who had become the Governor of Massachusetts in the late 1990s welcomed me to the State House, and I gave an in-depth interview to CNN. People were curious about what I've done and why I did it. Since I'm invulnerable, the crazy woman couldn't kill me. Why did I stop her? I told them the truth. I stopped the would-be killer because stopping her was the right thing to do. She could kill people. I couldn't let that happen. That's all I told the good folks of CNN. Then I left the studio. Little did I know that this interview was going to change the way people looked at me.

Up until that point, people were either jealous of me or afraid of me. I'd never been admired before. Well, now people were admiring me. They were calling me hero. No, wait. That's inaccurate. They were calling me superhero. That day, I became the Superhero in the eyes of the world. And my life changed. People started being friendly to me on the street. When I returned to Suffolk University Law School the next day, I was given a hero's welcome by students and professors alike. I couldn't believe it. When I graduated from law school a year later, I had lots of law firms from all over the country looking for me.

I didn't know how to take it. Until Colonel Harris Johnson of the Massachusetts State Police approached me, and asked me to join the State Troopers. If you lived in New England, then you'd know that Massachusetts State Troopers are the elite in law enforcement. They're the ones with the most prestige. The best we have to offer. Every town cop in Massachusetts secretly wants to be a state trooper. So I accepted. I enrolled at the State Police Academy and became a State Trooper.

Yeah, my life got a lot more interesting. I spent a lot of time chasing bad guys and bad girls. It was a grand adventure. And I was probably the only state trooper out there with his own fan club. I took it all with a grain of salt, though. I remember the days when people considered me to be a freak. I knew they could turn on me in a second. Being invulnerable helps when you're in the line of duty and people are trying to shoot you. It really does. However, I had my problems, just like everybody else.

We've all got issues. You have yours and I got mine. Especially in my romantic life. I feel attracted to both women and men. I've been aware of this my whole life but don't really talk about it. A fact the newspapers exploited and publicized long before I was ready to come out. The life of a bisexual black male police officer is tough. The police force is very homophobic. Many of the men on the job don't approve of my sexual orientation and don't exactly hide it. I've also met women who wouldn't date me because I have super powers and swing both ways. To hell with them. I simply focused on my work, and let the rest take care of itself.

Life is hell for me sometimes. I don't know where my powers came from. I wish I knew. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any other people with super powers out there. I'm the only one like me. Fans of mine along with my enemies as well as scientists speculate on who and what I might be. Some think I'm a genetically engineered science project created by the United States Government. Others think I'm an alien from another world. Some think I'm a fallen angel who doesn't remember what he used to be. Everybody's got a theory about me. They can all go to hell. My name is Jason Cormier. I'm a cop. Nothing else matters.

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,117 Followers