Ioana Musca Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I cracked the laptop."

"I figured you could."

"Read my mind?"

"No. Once you knew what was at stake you were so determined. I'm proud of you. You would have made an excellent agent." Her eyes dropped at that. She didn't want to be an agent, and this sounded like goodbye.

"Don't think you can call me in a pinch again. I'm free this time; free from my fears and from others manipulations."

"I know. So what do you plan on doing? Heading back to the restaurant?"

"I don't know. I think first I want to spend some time with my Aunt's before they pass away. I've missed so much time with my family out of fear." She shook her head.

"Lying in bed for a few days unable to move had me thinking more about what it must have been like for you. Most people would have done things differently, taken advantage of the situation, their abilities. But all you ever wanted was for things to be fair. That takes guts. Like going through school and getting teased, or getting mugged. And you used your abilities as little as possible, at sacrifice to yourself. I'm sure I would have made a lot of choices I would've regretted. I made enough of them as it is."

"I have some regrets of my own, but you're right, they could be a lot worse. And I'm grateful to you. For teaching me to appreciate what I really am. To have confidence in myself. And to throw a pretty mean right hook."

"I'd love to have you hang around a bit more, but I gave your statement for you-all but the part I didn't know. I have a feeling you don't want to tell me about it."

"How did you know?"

"There was a hint of desperation in that kiss in that cell. It's what had me worried the most. Did he hurt you?"

"He raped me."

"There's more to hurt than rape and bruises and cuts."

"And whip burn." She rubbed her hand on his chest for a moment. "I know. When I was digging for information in his mind-" She shook her head. "No he didn't do to me what I saw him do to others. People like him are the reason I've hidden my whole life. And I'm not afraid anymore. I've learned I don't have to be anymore. Thank you for that."

"That wasn't me-that was all you honey. But if you ever want to talk about it, I'll be a good listener."

"It wasn't that bad." She said but he frowned, not believing her. They watched each other for a few moments, unsure of what else to say, but neither wanting to say goodbye.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you take me home?"

"If that's what you want."

"At this point I'm now only in the way here."

"Then grab your things and I'll give you a lift." His voice had lost some of the light in it as he watched her turn away from him to grab her stuff and shove it into her bag.

"Kyle?" She turned back to him.

"Yeah?" He rubbed the back of his neck for a moment.

"You owe me a dress." He grinned as she turned away remembering her in that black slip of nothing. He wondered what else she had in that closet of hers.

--------

"You'll be alright?" Kyle asked as he carried her bag up the stairs for her, past her into her living room.

"I'm good. I'll just-" She stopped, unsure of how to continue past the knot in her throat.

"What?" He asked when she stopped and stood there, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I'll miss you."

"Me too." He smiled.

"No-I'll really miss you." Her eyes were intense as she watched him, afraid to voice how she felt in case all he felt was about a mission. He hadn't kissed her until just before it was part of the mission. When he had it had all felt real, but he hadn't said anything afterwards. And if he didn't feel the same way she wanted to know, to cry, and to try to move on.

"Then I don't have to leave, so you don't have to miss me." He came back up to her, having dropped her bag.

"Don't play with me. I'm being serious."

"So am I. I was serious when I said I had been worried about what happened to you. When I though he had killed you when he shattered the glass. Then when the heart alarms went off. You know how to keep a man on his toes." He paused before he leaned in to give her a kiss, watching her reaction. He leaned in a second time, longer, her lips parting under the sweet pressure of his own, allowing him passage to taste her.

"And I can cook too." She teased.

"Well that does it. I'll have to keep you now."

"Have to?"

"Well, we could start with a couple of dates before I get to handcuffs."

"Handcuffs?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'll be gentle. Or better yet, you could handcuff me." He waggled his eyebrows. She punched him in the shoulder before he pulled her into his embrace so she couldn't swing at him again.

"Do you know how to be serious?"

"Around you? No. My brain turns to mush and my stomach drops out and I don't know what to say. I want to spend more time with you, I'm not ready to let you go and frankly I don't know if I'll ever be." His tone was serious but his eyes shone with the honesty of his emotions. "And if you kick me out I don't know what I'll do."

"I think I'm falling in love with you too." She said softly.

"Oh thank god! I was afraid I was alone-especially when you wanted me to take you home." He watched her bite her lip, "Or was that just an excuse to have me all to your self?" His fingers ran down her arms, gently brushing her skin. She grinned, a mix of minx and innocence. He was enthralled.

"That's it. Now I'm really going to keep you." He swung her up into his arms, pulling her into the bedroom. "No objections?"

"Why would I object when you're telling me what I want to hear?" She wrapped her arms around his neck. "Kyle?"

"Yes-"

"No handcuffs." She said, and then looked back down to his lips, "Not yet anyways." He just grinned.

12