Iona Online Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cathetel
Cathetel
385 Followers

Tribal Bow

A crude bow of hardwood and animal tendon. Crafted by the Hunters of Dren and gifted to Michael from Nizhoni.

A gift from spirit guide Nizhoni, as apology for almost beating you to death. Perhaps long range is a good idea.

Damage: 1-3

Durability: 5/5

Bonus: Charisma +1

Show to other members of Nizhoni's tribe and they will recognize it as friendly.

Michael nodded and accepted the bow and quiver full of arrows gracefully. "Thank you spirit guide."

"A word of caution hero, our hunters are strong and we keep most predators at bay, but as you head north you will come across them. Be careful. Your strategy of blocking clubs with your body may not serve you well" she snickered.

He rolled his eyes. "Thanks. I'll try to remember that." Michael went to sling the bow over his shoulder, but it something pinched. He reached up and adjusted the necklace he had looted in the forest, then a thought struck him. He pulled it off.

"Spirit Guide, I found this on a corpse in the forest. It seemed like it was on a small girl. You should give it back to her family."

Nizhoni took the necklace and inspected it. "I shall make sure it is returned. No one will thank you right now, so please accept my thanks in their stead. You honor our tribe, and we are in your debt. Fare you well Michael. I hope we meet again." Nizhoni said, with some sadness in her voice. She promptly turned and walked back towards the village.

Michael watched her go for a minute and then studied the terrain. He needed to get to the river on the east side of the village, but was in the field to the west. Crossing the village was out of the question, so he put the sun on his left shoulder and studied the forest to the north.

The good news was that there was nothing obvious like spider's webs or signs that read 'Warning: bears'. The bad news was that absolutely anything could be out there. It's not like he had much choice though, so he set off towards the tree line.

He had only walked a couple of yards when he noticed a faint blinking on the side of his vision. Strange, his prompts had never minimized before. He pulled it up with a thought.

DING

You have increased your reputation with Nizhoni's tribe.

Reputation: Friendly

25/1000

Quest Update

You have allied yourself with Nizhoni's tribe of hunters in Dren, but their fear and superstition have caused you to leave the village before you cause a problem. You should find other tribes in the area and see if they need any help.

Someone really needs to help these poor people. Superstitious and lacking in technology, someone with a creative mind could do a lot of good here.

Michael blinked the prompt away. He wondered why it didn't pop up immediately.

'Maybe it sensed I was in an important conversation and kept hidden. Or that was just a really immersive cutscene.'

He shrugged, resolving to keep an eye on his UI from now on. He didn't want to miss anything. Walking to the tree line only took him a few minutes, and he turned back to look at the village with their grass huts. Sure they were a simple people, but they weren't that bad. If nothing else, that was by far the most immersive and natural feeling starting area he had ever been in.

Michael turned and headed northeast into the forest. The sun was starting to get low and he wanted to find shelter before it got too dark.

'Time to grind!'

Cathetel
Cathetel
385 Followers
12