Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 04

Story Info
Secrets revealed.
7.6k words
4.73
13.6k
15
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Well you asked for another chapter and I have brought it to you. Oh, and I had the help of two editors, Valphund and Tigersman. Both bring good experience to the table and help me see the really, really bad mistakes I've made.

Hope you all enjoy this next chapter of the growing romance between Keith and Jackie.

*

"So you're going to be spending the whole day with Keith on Saturday?" Melissa asks with excitement in her voice.

"Yes, I am. I'm not quite sure what to wear because I don't know what we are going to be doing." Jackie says nervously.

"A nice shirt and jeans should be perfect. It is the middle of September and not really that hot or cold outside."

"Yea, I guess that would make sense." Jackie looks down at her couch with her legs against her body.

Melissa notices something else is off about her best friend. "Is there something else you are worried about? Did Keith say or do something on the date that makes you worry?"

"No," Jackie says quietly. "I guess I'm just nervous about getting serious with someone again."

"Jackie," Melissa grabs her friend's hand, "everything will be fine. Keith really does sound like a great guy. I'm even coming around to liking him. I'm positive he won't push anything on you."

"I know. I just don't want to push him away if he gets too close."

"Didn't you say he understands that you have trust issues?" Jackie nods her head. "Then just let him know on Saturday or even before then that you may feel uncomfortable if things get a little too physical, even a tight hug might set you off."

"Set me off? That's a great way to put it," Jackie says sarcastically.

"Ok, bad choice of words but you understand what I'm trying to say. You don't want him to think he did something wrong when it is really just in your past."

"You're right. I'm just not sure how long it will take before I tell him everything."

Melissa leans over from her side of the couch and gives Jackie a hug. "You will know when the time is right. I'm sure he won't pressure you into anything." Jackie hugs her friend back. "Besides, I'll kick him in the balls if he hurts you." Jackie starts laughing pretty hard and Melissa joins in the laughter. Jackie's phone then vibrates and the two separate so Jackie can get her phone out of her pocket. "Is it your boyfriend?" Melissa says teasingly.

Jackie unlocks her phone and smiles at the text message she's reading. Melissa tries to grab it but Jackie keeps it out of her reach.

"Come on, let me see what the boyfriend is saying."

Jackie does her best to keep the phone away from her friend. "No, it's between me and Keith. He's not my boyfriend yet anyway." Her phone vibrates again. "Now stop trying to grab my phone and let me read his messages in peace."

"No, I want to see what your boyfriend is messaging you." The phone vibrates again. "Please Jackie!" Melissa begs, continuing to reach and grab for the phone.

Jackie gets off her couch, runs into the bathroom and locks the door. She reads the text messages and she gets happier and happier as she reads them.

Hi Jackie, I'm glad we were able to have dinner last night. I really enjoyed getting to know you and I can't wait to see you again on Saturday.

I realize I didn't set any plans for you on what we were going to be doing. I was thinking about lunch at a burger place I like, then walk around the park for a while and continue to get to know each other.

Then afterwards that I would like bring you back to my place and make you dinner if you feel comfortable. If not we can find some place to eat.

Jackie was taken back for a second. "He wants to make dinner for me?" She whispered to herself quietly so that Melissa wouldn't hear. However Melissa started banging on the bathroom door. "Jackie, please come out. I'll behave. I promise."

"I'll come out once I'm done texting Keith. This shouldn't take long."

"Jackie, please!" Melissa bangs on the door some more.

Jackie just rolls her eyes and focuses on how she should answer Keith. She thinks for a while then decides what to text back to Keith.

Burgers sound great for lunch and I love the idea of walking the park. However we may have to play dinner by ear. I'm not sure if I'm ready to be in your apartment yet.

She hits send and hopes that Keith understands. A minute later Keith responds.

I understand. I want you to feel comfortable with me no matter what we do.

Jackie can't help but like Keith even more after that response.

You have no idea how much that means to me Keith. You are such a sweet guy and I'm lucky I'm dating you.

Jackie was about to head out of the bathroom when she got another text message from Keith.

I want you to feel comfortable around me and be able to tell me anything. I know I said I only wanted to hang out at first but the more I get to know you, the more I grow to like you. I don't want to ruin this.

Jackie sits down on the side of her tub and starts typing her response to Keith.

Keith, you are not going to ruin this. I don't understand why you say that.

Jackie sends the message and waits for her phone to vibrate to see Keith's response. Five minutes go by and she starts getting a little concerned, but then she feels her phone vibrate in her hand.

My last relationship ended badly because I did something stupid and ruined it. It was over a month and half ago but I guess I'm still having a hard time forgiving myself. It still hurts to think about it. That is why I was very cautious at first. I'm trying to protect myself from hurting anyone again, especially you. I like you too much and it would kill me if I ruined our relationship.

Jackie reread the message and realizes why Keith has acted the way he has from the first time she sat next to him at Brownstead. He is still reeling from his past relationship but wants to make sure she isn't hurt by him.

Well this relationship will not end badly for either of us. I appreciate you telling me about this. I think I'm beginning to understand why you have been acting the way you have been. I understand and want you to know you don't have to hide anything from me about your past. I will accept you for who you are just like you are accepting me.

That really puts my mind at ease. Thank you Jackie.

You're welcome. I hate to cut this short but I'm hiding from Melissa in my bathroom because she is very nosy about what you're texting me.

I wish I could say I sympathize but Andy works Tuesday through Saturday so I never get bugged by him much when I get home. Although he has been very nosy on his off days. I think he's more stubborn than Melissa.

Jackie giggles after reading that text. Maybe we'll have to compare them on Saturday. By the way, what should I wear?

Whatever you feel comfortable in. Just make sure you have comfortable walking shoes with you. Don't want your feet to hurt while walking in the park. Would you mind if I picked you up or do you want to meet at the burger place?

You can pick me up at my place at 11:30. I'll text you my address tomorrow evening.

Sounds good. Can't wait to see you again. J

Melissa bangs on the bathroom door again. "Are you ever coming out?"

I can't wait either. Ttyl Keith.

Jackie sits up and puts her phone back in her pocket. She unlocks and opens the door. "You are very patient, you know that?"

"Yes I do now. Let me see the conversation you two were having."

"No, but I think it is time for you to leave as I need to get to bed."

Melissa brings out her phone and checks the time. "It's only eight forty-eight."

"Yes, I need to relax because someone is getting me all worked up. Now go home before I call the police again to escort you out."

"Pushy, pushy. Someone is really falling for Keith."

Jackie turns Melissa around and starts pushing her towards the door. "Keep this up and I won't give you postdate review on Sunday."

Melissa walks towards the door on her own power. "Fine, but you better give me all the juicy details." She opens the door and looks over her shoulder at Jackie. "Please be careful. I don't want to see you hurt again."

Jackie hugs Melissa tightly. "Don't worry. Keith seems to be very understanding and won't push anything. I feel safe with him."

"That's good." Melissa starts walking out the door. "Just send me texts once in a while to let me know everything is going good and I don't have to worry."

"I will." Jackie closes the door behind her friend and locks it. "I just hope he really will accept me for me once he finds out about my past," she whispers to herself as she walks to her bedroom. She changes into her sleep clothes, a tank top and cotton shorts. She lays on top of her queen size bed thinking about the date she just had with Keith and how perfect everything seemed to go. She gets herself under the covers and tries to fall asleep. She struggles for a while but finally goes into a peaceful sleep with a smile on her face.

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! Keith reaches for his cellphone on his nightstand and misses a few times before he finally taps it for the alarm to stop. He grabs it and takes a look at the time. The time read 9:31 but there are a few notifications. He swipes down from the top of his phone to see what they are and there are two messages from Jackie. He taps the screen to read them.

I'm really looking forward to today! I am excited to get to know you better.

Oh, and here is my address. 1050 Hamilton Ct. Garysburg MI.

Keith realizes how little time he actually has to get ready and immediately jumps out of bed and hops into the shower. He does enough to make sure he looks clean and smells good. He gets out and has a small bowl of cereal knowing he is going to fill himself up with good food for lunch. For the next forty-five minutes he brushes his teeth, flosses, shaves, and finally gets dressed in khaki shorts and a plaid button up shirt.

He opens Google maps on his phone and types Jackie's address. It shows that she lives about twenty minutes away. He sees that the time is 10:50 decides to leave early and get there early instead of be late.

As Keith drives he tries to keep himself calm. "Breath, it is just a date with a beautiful woman you are falling for very hard. Nothing to worry about," he says to himself. "Jackie doesn't want to push anything, nor want to get to know me too deeply yet. We're just still getting to know each other." He talks to himself some more until he reaches her apartment complex. It is not that big but it does take him a while to find the right building. He finds a parking spot right in front of the door and checks the time. 11:20. He gets his phone out and sends her a text.

Hi Jackie, I just wanted to let you know I arrived at your apartment and can't wait to see. Don't feel rushed though.

He browses the web looking up once in a while to see if she comes out the door, but he receives a text about few minutes later.

I'm almost ready. I'll be down in less than five minutes.

I'll be waiting for you anxiously. J

Keith puts his phone away, exits his car and stands in front of the hood of his car.

A few minutes later Jackie walks out of her apartment building in a loose black skirt and light blue blouse. Her hair is in a ponytail and is wearing small stud earrings. A simple black pursue is slung over her right shoulder.

"Hey you, I see you found your way with no problem."

"Well, I did have to find the building. I hate apartment complexes like these because you have no idea if you're even going in right direction to find the right building."

"True," she says as she approaches him and hugs him tightly with her face nuzzled on his chest. "But you are here and I'm glad I get to spend the day with you."

Keith holds her back and kisses the top of her head. "I can't wait to enjoy the day with such a beautiful woman." They hold each other tight for another minute before Keith pushes her back so they can see each other's faces. "Let's go have lunch. We'll have plenty of time to hold each other throughout the day."

"Yes we will!"

"Let's go."

Jackie turns to open the passenger door but Keith beats her to it and opens her door for her.

"I guess chivalry isn't dead," she says as she sits down in the car.

At that moment Keith decides to be a goofball. "Where shall I take you to madam?" He says in a horrible British accent.

Jackie lets out a little chuckle. "To the burger place you told me about," she responds in just as bad as British accent.

"Very good." He closes her door and makes his way to his and enters the car. When he sits down they look at each other and laugh.

As they drive they talk about how work was during the week since their date and other small things. They seemed very comfortable with each other as they talk.

About ten minutes later they arrive at a small little diner. "Here we are."

"Looks nice. What is this place called?"

"Jimmy's. It opened about a year ago and I fell in love with it when I came in my first time. Do you think you're ready to fall in love?"

"I'm hard to please when it comes to burgers so we'll see," she says teasingly.

Keith again opens the door for Jackie as they enter the diner.

"Hi Keith, who's the lucky lady?" asks a young woman behind the counter.

"Hi Stacy, this is Jackie."

"Hi Jackie, it's nice to meet you," says Stacy as she waves at her. Jackie shyly waves back. "Sit wherever you want, I'll be with you in a minute to take your order."

They go and sit at a booth by a window. "The burgers are the size of a slider but taste delicious," Keith says as he hands Jackie a menu.

"I'm gonna hold you to that or else you're taking me to a high-end restaurant for dinner." Jackie says with a grin on her face. She looks over the menu and decides pretty quickly what she wants. She looks back at Keith and sees he didn't even look at the menu. "Not even going to eat or decide what you want already?"

"I get the same thing every time."

"Every time?" Jackie asks, wondering how a person could order the same thing every time at any restaurant.

"Yes, he gets the same thing every time," Stacy says as she stands by the booth ready to take the order. Jackie didn't see her coming and was a bit startled when Stacy spoke. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you and you're not the only one thinking that it is a little weird but it makes life easier for me."

Jackie composes herself. "I'll have a chili cheeseburger, double cheeseburger, and a side of fries."

Stacy writes the order down and grabs the menus. "Thank you, I'll bring your food out when it is ready." She walks away to leave the couple to themselves.

"She seems very nice. Why haven't you asked her out?"

Keith looks up at Jackie confused. "Are you trying to ask questions to trap me already?"

"Just answer the question," Jackie says very seriously.

Keith lets out a sigh and thinks about his answer before he speaks. "I have been attracted to Stacy but never had the guts to ask her out. Even when I started getting confidence to ask her out, I started dating my ex and after everything that happened with her, I just wasn't in a good place to ask anyone out."

"So how did you work up the courage to ask me out then?" Jackie asks with a smile on her face.

"Honestly, that whole night at the hibachi steakhouse was just weird. I thought that if we could get past our awkward beginning something special could happen and at worst case we would become good friends."

"Worst case we become good friends? How do you know things won't end up bad like with your ex?"

Keith changed from being happy to be out with Jackie to sad thinking about Jillian and what happened. "I won't make the same mistake I made with Jillian. I don't want to do that ever again."

"What happened between you and her anyway?"

"I screwed up really bad and that is all I want to say about it," Keith says looking down at the table.

"Oh come on Keith, tell me what happened." Jackie says in a reassuring tone trying to let Keith know it can't be that bad.

Keith looks up at her with a stare that could paralyze. "Jackie, please don't push this. What happened still haunts me and I still haven't forgiven myself for what happened. I promise one day to tell you, but not today." He looks back down hoping for the topic to end.

Jackie realizes she just opened a wound that still runs very deep. She becomes lost for words and they both sit there in silence for a few minutes before Stacy comes back with the food.

"Chili cheeseburger, cheeseburger and side of fries for the lucky woman and two double hamburgers with extra pickles and side of fries for the gentlemen." She sets the food down and leaves sensing the tension going on between the two.

Keith looks up and smiles. "Well I think that is enough sadness for this date. Time to enjoy the food." Jackie nods. She grabs her double cheeseburger and takes a bite from it. Her eyes widen and a smile comes across her chewing face. "I think she likes it," Keith says with a big smile on his face as Jackie nods in agreement. She takes a few more bites, savoring each one.

"I think I have found my new favorite burger place." Jackie exclaims.

"Think? What possible place could be better? And don't say Red Robin because I don't think I've seen your face light up eating food like it is now."

Jackie pauses eating for a moment to think before she answers. "I guess this could be best burger place I've been to. I have to think about it still."

Keith just shakes his head. "Are you enjoying teasing me?"

"Yes," Jackie says with a big smile on her face. "I am enjoying every second of it."

"What have I gotten myself into?"

"A date with a woman who makes you ask that question that you really do like and still plan on taking to the park after this."

Keith quietly laughs to himself realizing this woman has some sass to her. He finishes his second hamburger and is halfway through his fries when he notices Jackie dipping her fries into the container with the chili cheeseburger. "Why didn't you just order chili fries?"

"Why pay for more when I can get both things I want for less?"

Keith thinks about what she said and realizes she is right. "You really are a smart woman. Hopefully not too smart to realize you are too good for me."

"I don't know. I think you might be too good for me."

Andy got to the bar early like he always does to take inventory, make sure the cooks have everything they need for service and enough liquor and beer for another busy Saturday night. He then goes into his office to run the numbers and make sure everything is good with the business. It's tedious to him but he knows it has to be done and his only opportunity to do it is early in the afternoon.

Andy's focus on the numbers was only broken by a sudden knock on his office door.

"Come in."

One of the afternoon bartenders opens the door and pops her head in. "I'm sorry to bug you but this lady at the bar is asking for you."

"Tell her I'm sorry but I'm busy right now," Andy says still looking at his computer screen.

"She says her name is Melissa and that you know her and her best friend Jackie."

With that piece of news, Andy sits up from his computer. "Tell Melissa I'll see her in a few minutes." He takes a quick look in mirror he has on the wall to make sure he is always looking presentable to the patrons and any other important people that might come in.

Andy exits the office and finds Melissa at the bar. "Hi there, how are you doing today?"

"I would be doing better if my best friend didn't ditch me for your best friend."

"So your solution is to come bug me at my job?"