Island Secrets Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Maxwell shrugged. "Think nothing of it."

"But, it's too much. I can't continue to accept it now that I know. It's just too much."

"I'm just doing the right thing."

"With all due respect Mr. Kirkland I'm used to people doing 'the right thing' but it always comes with some strings attached. I will pay you back, sir. That is a promise and a guarantee."

"Sharon, relax. Consider it a gift."

She jerked her head sharply so that the strand slipped from his fingers.

"It is a gift I would prefer not to accept, sir."

Maxwell heard the firmness in her tone. He wished he could be as casual as his brothers and engage her in conversation to coax that sweet smile of hers out. But in his presence she was always all business. He was not accustomed to not being the centre of female attention. Sharon was an enigma. He leaned down so that his face was mere inches from hers.

"It's a gift that I would like you to accept Sharon. Believe me, there are no strings attached. At least, not unless you want them to be."

Sharon stared into the depths of his grey eyes and felt a melting in her bones. All her life she had never had time for dating or any sort of relationship as her focus had always been on education. Even in college she was known as a house rat as she never went anywhere. Now here was a man almost a decade older stirring up feelings she never even knew she had. Unconsciously she licked her suddenly dry lips.

Maxwell watched as the tip of her tongue moistened her lips and he envied it the privilege. He felt a warmth spread through his body. He was not short of female attention so what was it about this slip of a girl that made him want to sit up and take notice. He reached out and cupped her cheek, his thumb reaching up to smooth her eyebrow. Her eyes fluttered close as he closed the remaining gap.

His lips felt cool and firm to the touch as he brushed hers gently. Sharon felt sparks begin to shoot all over her body as his lips began to press even firmer against hers. She felt his tongue probe gently and hers parted responsively. Slowly she felt the tip of his tongue search for hers. Timidly she gave him what he wanted. The sparks from before now became a raging inferno as she felt a heat in her belly she had never experienced before.

Maxwell tasted the sweetness of her mouth and felt his toes curl. There was definitely something different about this girl. As he deepened the kiss he groaned inwardly at her innocence in responding to him. He cupped her cheek firmly as he pulled back. Her eyes were still closed and her lips slightly parted. Her chest heaved and he noted the pin points of her nipples clearly outlined. Slowly her eyes opened to meet his. He gazed into their depths. There was no way he was going to let her go at just a kiss. He made up in his mind then and there that he was going to have her. It was just a matter of when. And he had just a few weeks to do it. A kiss would have to do for now. He pecked her on the lips one more time before releasing her.

"We have work to do. But just so you know this is not over, we have only just begun. You know it and I know it. You are going to be mine."

Sharon swallowed hard. Much as she wanted to ignore it she knew that it was only a matter of time. Maxwell seemed to be the kind of man that always got what he wanted.

12