It Didn't Work Out Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Getting into the booth, Bridget was squeezed between Sian and Don. It didn't take long for them to get a drink and some food ordered. Sian and Bridget did most of the talking. Occasionally one of them would bring him into the conversation but he didn't try very hard to stay in it. Bridget told Sian about her work day and Sian told her about her own day. They were having a great time and often were laughing with their heads close as they talked over the noise.

The degree of closeness between Sian and Bridget was very exciting to Don. Even though they weren't doing anything, he could sense that they were building an intimacy. That was all it really took for his fantasies to start spinning up in his mind. He tried to keep his focus on the current moment but sometimes it was hard.

Once the band began, it was impossible for the three of them to continue to carry on a conversation. It was only possible to talk into each other's ears. They listened to the band most of the time. Bridget and Sian still talked, excluding Don without meaning to. Every once in a while, Don would say something to Bridget but mostly he just left them alone. In his mind, he imagined that instead of talking they were kissing each other's cheek. He couldn't actually see what they were doing so it made it easy. After a while he put his hand on Bridget's thigh and his fingers softly stroked her there.

At the touch, Bridget looked over at her and smiled at him. She knew he was very excited but he was living up to his promise and being good. She didn't mind him touching her as long as he was restrained. She was having fun too. So far being with Sian was always fun. They just clicked. She looked out at the band and noticed that there were lots of people who were starting to dance. She looked at them with a little envy. Bridget knew that she would never get Don to go out there. He didn't think he was very good and was extremely self-conscious about it. It was one of the things that had been a bit of a problem when they first were going out. She finally got over it but she missed dancing.

Sian turned and put her lips up to Bridget's ear. "Let's go out and join them. I love dancing! Tell Don to come too," Sian told her.

"He won't come. I mean I'll ask him, but he won't," Bridget replied. She turned around and told Don they wanted to dance. "Sian wants you to come too."

"You know me and dancing. You two go," Don told her.

Kissing him on the cheek, Bridget slid out of the booth after Sian. Moving closer to the band, they started to move to the music. They weren't dancing with each other but as the music went on, they began to move in the same way. Eventually they were starting to look at each other and trying to match their moves. Every once in a while one of them would brush up against the other.

Bridget was having a great time. She looked over at Don. From what she could see, she was pretty sure he was enjoying himself too. She gave him a grin and then turned back to Sian. She added a little bit more hip into her dancing, raising the level of sensuality in it. Her whole body was now snaking up and down in long wave movements. Sian noticed and started to pick it up as well. Bridget inched closer to Sian and occasionally their bodies would touch. When it happened, they would both giggle and lose their rhythm. It became a game to see how close they could come without touching and still keep up the dance. By the end of that song, they were getting very good at it. As the music faded away, they collapsed against each other laughing.

As the band was taking a break, the two of them walked back to the table. Bridget felt Sian's hand on her back as she got into the booth. She knew it was innocent with Sian only helping her but she did feel a little shock of excitement. She had to admit to herself that the dance had turned her on some. The feeling didn't go right away with Sian so close to her. The booth was small enough that Sian had to press against her to fit. To try and distract herself, Bridget turned to Don and gave him a big kiss. He kissed her hard in return and for a few moments slipped his tongue in and out of her mouth.

Don could tell as the kiss ended that Bridget was excited. He knew her too well to miss it. He had enjoyed the show. At some point it crossed a line where he no longer needed to fantasize; what they were doing was exciting enough. When Bridget turned back to talk to Sian, he felt a little smile cross his face. She was going to do it, he thought. It may take some more time but he felt confident he would eventually see Bridget with Sian. He wished he could find someplace to beat off. His cock was rock hard and he felt the need for relief. Groaning inside, he knew he would just have to wait for when they got home.

When the band came back, the women didn't want to go right back out. They occasionally talked but mostly just enjoyed the music. Bridget noticed that Sian was looking over at a cute blonde. She was surprised by the little flare of jealousy that sparked in her. She suppressed it. She still wasn't ready to do anything so it wasn't fair to be that way.

Bridget leaned over and whispered in Sian's ear. "See something you like?"

Immediately looking away, Sian blushed and looked a little sheepish. "Just looking," she finally said.

"Don't be embarrassed. It's not like I don't know you are a lesbian. Why wouldn't you look at cute girls?" Bridget smiled as she spoke into Sian's ear.

"I don't know," Sian said back. "I am not normally that obvious. And it feels funny when I'm with you. I'm not sure why. I guess I don't go out that often with a straight woman." She smiled at Bridget, "Anyhow I should just pay attention to you and Don. I'm not on the make!"

"Just so you know Sian, it doesn't bother me if you do look. I accept you and who you are," Bridget said quietly in her ear. She hugged Sian who hugged her back.

The second set wasn't as long as the first so when they got up to dance, Sian and Bridget never got back into that rhythm. They both had fun dancing but it didn't have the same feeling. When the band finished, they were still out in the thick of the crowd dancing. They clapped hard and yelled loud. As they came back to the booth, Don was leaning his head back resting. It had been a long day and when he lost them in the crowd, he didn't have the excitement to keep his attention.

"I guess we need to get going, Sian," said Bridget. She saw that Don had already paid the bill for all three of them so they grabbed their things and went outside. Sian walked with them back to their car. Bridget and Sian were talking about getting together the next day. Sian had another game with her usual team. Bridget wanted to come and see her play and meet her friends there. It was a morning game so there wasn't anything planned afterwards. Bridget asked Sian if she would go with her to pick out some new skis and boots. At the end of last season she had snapped one of the buckles on her boot and she thought that she would get new skis at the same time. Sian was an expert skier and Bridget wanted her advice. Rather than managing two cars again, they agreed on a time for Sian to pick her up.

Before getting into the car, Sian gave Don a quick hug, and then she and Bridget hugged. It wasn't nearly so short. It was a long hug and at the end Bridget gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for inviting us, Sian. We both had a good time," Bridget said as they parted. "See you in the morning," she said as she got into the car. Sian waved goodbye when the car pulled away.

Sian and Bridget spent most of the next day together and once again had a great time. That week was pretty typical of the ones that followed. They saw each other multiple times a week. Their friendship continued to grow closer; and on the days they couldn't get together, they would talk on the phone or by texting. When the ski season started, the two of them added skiing together to their activities.

All in all, much of Bridget's free time was being taken up by Sian. Don was left alone a lot and she worried that he might start getting pissed off. He might have but they did get some time together. It was also becoming clearer to him that the intimacy that Bridget needed was getting stronger. Bridget continued to be very open with him about what she and Sian were doing. She hid nothing. And it wasn't always Sian and Bridget alone. Some of the time they included him on their activities. He went to a few soccer games and out again to hear music. None of them were big into movies but they did catch a few together.

Each time he went with them, Don could see the growing closeness. Bridget was not always the touchiest person, but with her very best friends she often was. She and Sian often touched as they talked or did things. As yet, Don didn't see any signs that it was crossing over the line of friendship but he hoped it would soon. Seeing them together made his fantasies seem more real.

The other reason that Don was alright with the developments was that sex with Bridget continued to be very good. As her relationship with Sian deepened, she seemed to be trying to compensate with giving him more sex. And she didn't object when he brought up being with another woman during foreplay. He was careful not to use Sian as the other woman, but talking about another woman doing what he was doing usually was a certain way to get her more excited. As long as it was in this limited context, the ground rule about pressure didn't seem to apply.

Things started to change in December. The two of them went up skiing on a Saturday. They liked to leave early and get there just as the lifts started. Sian taught Bridget that the best run of the day sometimes was the first one. The slopes were almost empty of people and there were freshly groomed runs that were perfect for really cutting loose. They would go to the top of the mountain and then side by side start down. Without anyone around they were able to take the run at full speed. Instead of tight turns that bled off speed, they made long slight curves that were almost straight. From top to bottom of the mountain, they never stopped. By the time they were down, they could feel the burn in their thighs but neither one of them would give up in front of the other. After a start like that, they would continue skiing until the last rides up the lift. It was a long day of skiing but they found a common passion.

On this day, Bridget suggested that they go into the bar for a beer before driving home. Neither one of them had eaten much so the beer hit them harder than normal. They were off in a corner on a small table that had them sitting close together. They were joking and enjoying themselves. In her tipsy state, Sian noticed more than usual how Bridget touched her. Sometimes it was a fleeting touch, but other times Bridget's fingers lingered. Sian was surprised when she realized that she liked it. Up until now, she knew that Bridget was gorgeous but she was just her friend. Sian hadn't really felt an attraction. For the first time, she felt it.

More than that, it seemed to Sian that Bridget was giving her signals like the feeling was mutual. She was acting flirtatious in ways that she hadn't before. Sian was feeling confused. "Maybe it is the beer," she thought. She didn't want to do anything that would hurt her friendship with Bridget. Plus Sian had a personal rule about dating married women. It just never was a good idea, even if Bridget really was interested. Picking up her water, Sian decided that she shouldn't finish her beer. There was only about a quarter left, but she felt the need to have a clear head.

Keeping it restrained wasn't too difficult for Sian. Bridget was only being slightly flirty and Sian just tried to avoid responding. Finally looking at the time, Sian commented that they needed to be getting going. "Remember, I have to be up in the morning for work and then I've got the semi-final game in the late afternoon. I need to get some rest after today!" Bridget nodded in agreement and they both got up to collect their gear and head back to the car.

The ride home was a little quieter than normal. Sian was still trying to figure out what happened and Bridget appeared to be lost in thought. As they got closer to home, Bridget stirred and looked over at Sian. "Sorry, either that beer was pretty strong or I just was a cheap date. Anyhow I was a little drunk and when that happens, I get a little affectionate. I hope it wasn't too much."

"It's fine. You were just having a little fun. No harm, Bridge," Sian said with a little amused smile. It sounded like it was what she thought.

After that, they started talking more and pretty soon the bar was completely forgotten. Mostly they talked about the game tomorrow. Bridget was really excited to see it since this was the first time Sian's team had advanced this far in the all city playoffs. Sian felt good about their chances.

"We beat them once already this season, so we should have the advantage." Sian smiled as she thought back to the game. She had scored both goals against them in a shutout.

"Do you want to pick me up or should I come get you?" Bridget wanted to know. She didn't go to every game Sian played, but enough that she was considered a regular by the rest of the team.

"Well I still have to work in the morning and early afternoon so it would work better if you came by and got me, if that's okay?" Sian said as she thought about what she needed to get done. They were just pulling up to Bridget's home.

Bridget nodded and smiled at Sian. "No problem. I will see you in the morning when I am working out." They both got out of the car and Sian helped Bridget get all her gear and carry it into the garage. As usual, they gave each other a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Actually it was almost like usual, this time both of them felt a little tingle that hadn't been there the last time. It puzzled Sian how this was happening, but Bridget felt reassured. She was close to making her decision. She waved goodbye to Sian as she drove away. Bridget stood there thinking for a few minutes before going inside the house.

Even though the evening was getting on, Bridget sighed when she saw that Don hadn't done anything for dinner. He was doing alright on the week nights she was gone, but when she wasn't around on the weekend he tended to get lost in whatever he was doing. Today it was playing a new video game that he had picked up. She could tell by all the debris around him that he probably hadn't moved much from the spot all day; just enough to grab something to eat and come right back.

"I'm home," she called out loud enough that he could hear her. She had to repeat herself before he noticed. She got out some frozen soup she had made a month ago out of the freezer and put it in the microwave on defrost. It would have been better if she could slowly melt it on the stove but that would take longer than she wanted. She was hungry after all the exercise. Luckily it looked like he hadn't found the loaf of fresh bread she bought the day before so it would be a relatively good meal along with a salad.

"I'm going to take a shower and change into something comfortable," Bridget said once she was sure she had his attention. "Get up please and make us a salad. There are tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers and carrots, so don't just get out the greens. Okay?"

Feeling a little guilty over his lack of having done anything, Don switched off his game and got up right away. He watched Bridget walk into the bedroom. A lot of the time with Sian involved physical activity. Bridget had been fit before but now she had added a little more muscle. Don found her even more attractive and enjoyed watching. He hoped that she would be in the mood tonight.

When Bridget came out, she felt much better for the shower. Her muscles always felt a little sore after skiing with Sian and the hot water helped take some of that away. While she was dressed for relaxing, she still looked good. She was wearing a very loose sweater over a tank top with a thin pair of sweatpants. It had a wide neck so a lot of skin was showing. She had taken the time to put her hair up the way she liked.

"You look very nice, Honey. Did you have a good day?" Don asked. He had gone beyond the minimum of what Bridget asked and was just finishing putting the bowls of soup on the table alongside the bread and salad.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun. According to Sian's iPhone app, we got up to 62 mph on our first run today. That beats our old record!" Bridget smiled with pride.

"Bitches be crazy," Don said in a joking tone. Not being a skier, it sounded crazy to him and more than a little unsafe but he knew better than to say anything beyond that.

Taking it as a compliment, Bridget laughed. "Maybe a little, but it's fun!" She went over to the counter and brought over an open bottle of wine. She poured them each a glass before sitting down.

They talked for a little while about the day skiing. When Bridget started feeling a little less famished and relaxed, she looked over at Don. "Sweetie, I want to talk about rule number 10. You know which one that is."

"I can call it off any time before you tell me that you care for her," Don said. He knew them all by heart by now.

"Right," Bridget said quietly. "Tonight after skiing, we went into the bar in the lodge and had a beer. We both got a little tipsy even though it was only one drink. And I started flirting with her. I liked it. Until she got nervous, I liked the way it felt when she responded. She pulled back, not me. If she had wanted to go further, I might have taken another step. I don't know.

"Don, it's time for ground rule number 10. If I keep going the way I am, I'm going to care about Sian more than just as a good friend. It's close. I may be already over it. But if you want to call it off, you need to tell me now. Even if I am over it, I would be able to come back at this point. But if you let me go on, it will be out of your hands. You lose that right. And Don I will tell you again, I don't know where this goes from here. I already love her as a friend. I could fall for her hard. So think hard about it," Bridget said. Her voice was a little sad. She both wanted Don to say stop and to say go. Stopping was the safe thing to do, but deep inside her Bridget was fully aware that she already slipped over that line. It would hurt to pull back but she still could do it.

While she hoped Don really would consider it all over again, he didn't. In his mind, he had been over this multiple times over the last couple of months. Time after time, he reinforced his desire to move forward and fulfill this fantasy. And while they spent less time together, it seemed like the time they did spend was more passionate than it had been in a while. "It has helped our marriage," he thought, "not hurt it."

"If you want to keep going, I am not worried. Bridget, you and I love each other so it will be okay," he said out loud.

Reaching out, Bridget took his hand. She was quiet for a moment. "Don, then I am going to try taking the next step. At this point I could only have stopped if you asked me to. That's where I am now." Bridget still felt a mix of emotions, ones she couldn't express to Don. But she knew that one of them was happiness.

It scared her.