It Has to be Fate Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Admiral's voice woke him from his thoughts, "Having second thoughts son?"

Mack laughed, "No Dad, Mellissa asked me the same thing a few minutes ago, I told her I was only thinking about how lucky I am to have found her. I was just thinking about how well she and Mom get along."

"Your mother likes her very, very much. Part of it is because Melissa's mother was her best friend for many years before we were married. I suspect Melissa is very much like her mother."

"Her mother must be a wonderful person then, because her daughter sure is."

"I have to agree with you son, I have met Maryalice about ten or a dozen times over the years. I am very impressed with her as a beautiful and intelligent woman of the finest moral character. Her husband is huge man, I have never met a man I liked any better. We have met the family a number of times and I think you met Melissa once when you were about five or six. As I recall the two of you played well together."

Mica grinned, "I do not remember that, but it must be true because we still play well together."

"Son, I am happy for you and I know you mother is ecstatic about your choice of a bride. I want to know what I can do to help. I know you have plenty of money because you have spent little of what you inherited. Do you plan to stay in the Corps?"

"Dad, Melissa and I have only discussed our plans as far as both of us being stationed at Cherry Point. I know she will have to serve out her obligated tour of duty. I think I will stay in as long as she does. Then I have been thinking about Florida a lot lately, I really enjoyed my time there visiting Grandmom and Grandpop both in the Keys and in Miami. I know I loved the fishing there. I just don't know what kind of work I would like to do. I guess something to do with aviation, but I want to be home every night. I have wandered enough and want to stay in one place."

"I can understand that, being a 'Navy Junior' you have moved every year or so all your life and it hasn't been any better for you since you joined the Corps." Mica and his father chatted and reminisced until they heard the ladies return from shopping. They were both loaded down with packages and were grinning happily from ear to ear. Melissa dropped her packages by the door and ran to Mica and hugged him, her arms reaching around his neck and her lips searching for his. She whispered, "God, I can't believe how much I missed you. What am I going to do when we get back to the real world?"

Mica hugged her tightly, "We will figure out something. If we aren't able to adjust things within our jobs the Corps may loose two fine young officers rather quickly. How much leave do you have on the books?"

"I think I have 45 days of leave saved up. How about you, Dear?"

"I have 60 days of leave, I haven't taken any leave in a couple of years and I now loose a day of leave every 12 days."

"That's not too smart is it?"

"I guess not. I have been stationed at Cherry Point for a while and I love the fishing and hunting right there so I just stayed home. Oh! Don't get me wrong, I do get around a bit. For instance; we go places on cross country training flights, like to New York, Las Vegas, or Key West. We leave on Friday afternoon, and come back Sunday afternoon. We can be anywhere in the country in a few hours. Sometimes a couple of us will fly up to New York for a show on Broadway.

"Then during the summer, when the Marine Reserve Squadrons arrive for their two weeks training cycle, in order to make more room on the base, they give us the use of a plane and a stack of fuel chits and tell us to be back in two weeks. The only requirement is that we must average getting at least one point five hours a day of flight time on the planes. A couple of us often fly out west for trout fishing, we take our time and get in five or six hours of flight time each way, that gives us a week for the whole trip. We are members of the world's best Flying Club."

Melissa smiled up at him, "Gee, that sound like a very tough job you have. I am proud you are such a dedicated officer. I would hate to think I was marrying a playboy."

"NO, Dear Girl, when I am ordered to play, I comply with those orders, as directed. I even try to smile a lot to show I am a good Marine and obey the spirit as well as the letter of my orders."

Mica's father laughed, "I knew Marine Aviators smiled too damned much."

Melissa cuddled against Mack's chest, "I love my good Marine."

"I asked about the leave because I think we can arrange to leave in a week or so and with travel time and leave we would have time to honeymoon, visit your folks and honeymoon then report in at Cherry Point on time after we honeymoon a while more. Do you remember exactly when you have to check in there?"

"Sure, October 7th."

"Great, I have until October 14th. This is going to work out perfectly. Just one detail I think we need to take care of first."

"What is that Mica?"

"I think we need to try and set up a radio telephone call to your parents and let me ask your father for your hand in marriage."

"Oh! God! Can we do that?" wondered Melissa.

Mica's dad said, "I think I can arrange that, Melissa, please give me the number and I will see what I can do."

After giving the number to the Admiral, Melissa hugged Mica and looked at his mother, "Isn't he wonderful! This will please Mom and Dad to death. It is much better than the letter I have been trying to compose in my head for a whole day."

"Yes, Maryalice will love this, I can hear her squeal now. She loves surprises." Mack's father signaled them into his den. He told them it would take about five minutes to set up the connection if her parents were home. They all watched as the Admiral held the phone to his ear. They talked very quietly until he said, "Hush" and held his hand up. He smiled, "Good morning, is this Maryalice Murphy? HI, Maryalice, this is Charlie McDermott,--- Yes, Betty's hubby. I have someone who wants to talk to you." He handed the phone to Melissa.

She said, "Hello Mom, it is me, Melissa. Yes, it really is, I love you too Mom. Listen Mom, I have to tell you something. I am getting married tomorrow." She jerked the phone from her ear. They could all hear the shriek from the phone. She said, "Mom, let me explain, I am marrying someone you know, Micaiah McDermott.---Yes, Betty McDermott's son. Is Dad there? Oh shucks! Mica wanted to ask Dad for my hand in marriage. --- Oh! He can have it? I'll tell him, ---Yes, Mrs. McDermott is right here." Melissa grinned and handed the phone to Betty McDermott.

Betty said, "Hello, Maryalice!--- Wonderful, I love your daughter.---- It is fate. They met in the jungle of the Philippine Islands.--- I said it has to be fate, F-A-T-E. They are very much in love. She has a letter she is writing to tell you everything. Here she is." She handed the phone back to Melissa.

"Momma tell Daddy he is going to love Mica, he is a tall, handsome, rough and tough, Captain of Marines. You will love him too Momma. Listen, I have to get off now, Mica and I hope to see you in a few weeks. Bye, bye, Momma." Melissa was crying and hurried into Mica's arms. He held her and comforted her. She looked up at him and he saw she was crying from happiness. He gently kissed her lips.

Betty McDermott grinned at everyone, "Well, that worked out nicely! Mica I am so proud of you and your bride-to-be. I couldn't be any happier. It was so good to hear your Momma's voice again, I miss her very much. I write once a month, this time I have lots of things to tell her. I know she is dying to find out everything." She looked at Melissa, "Sweetie, I damned near didn't marry Charlie because I didn't want to be away from your mother. But he gave me that little crooked smile of his and my heart melted, I just knew he was the right man for me and I couldn't let him get away. I was right. I have no regrets at all."

Micaiah asked if there were anything more that needed to be done by Melissa or him before the wedding the next day. He was assured that everything was under control and that the next thing the two of them needed to do was to get dressed in their wedding clothes the next day. Mica laughed, "I just knew Momma would have all the ducks in a row and marching to her drum."

The Admiral said, "Amen!"

End, Part 1.